[DEAD] FREE Game from Origin - Dragon Age: Origins, BF:BC2, Spore - Check your email!

DirkBelig

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Just got this in the email:

It's the one-year anniversary of Origin, and we want to thank you for being part of our community. Enjoy a complimentary game download* on us—just pick which one you want and follow the instructions to get your game!
120615_Origin_Anniv_img2.jpg

1. Log in to the Origin gaming app from your desktop.
2. Use the search bar to choose your favorite game from Dragon Age: Origins, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, and Spore.
3. Add the game to your cart.
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page, click “Enter Promo Code” and enter the following promo code:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

*Offer expires June 23, 2012 at 10:00 PM PDT. Valid for new purchases of PC Digital versions of Dragon Age: Origins, Battlefield Bad Company 2, or Spore (each a "product") only from the Origin Client Software (www.origin.com/about). Valid only in the U.S. and Canada. Limit one per person. Subject to availability. Cannot be combined with any other offer, gift card, rebate or other discount coupons.

I'll be getting DA:O.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='red_devil3']h98r7pb2tpenvn

my promo code. already have DA and BC2, couldnt care less about Spore[/QUOTE]

Already used. That was gone fast. Thanks for posting it though!

IF anyone has a spare please PM me, The one Origin sent me does not work, and they say since its an offer, they cant give me a new one. I just want DA. WHAT A PAIN IN THE A@@... if anyone could help, be much appreciated

[quote name='Usarocker']IF anyone has a spare please PM me, The one Origin sent me does not work, and they say since its an offer, they cant give me a new one. I just want DA. WHAT A PAIN IN THE A@@... if anyone could help, be much appreciated[/QUOTE]

Are you sure that you used the code while accessing the store from the Origin client? Because it wont work if you use it the code while accessing the store from a browser.

[quote name='The End']Are you sure that you used the code while accessing the store from the Origin client? Because it wont work if you use it the code while accessing the store from a browser.[/QUOTE]

Yup. Using the Origin Client on PC. have checked about 10 times to make sure i enter it Correctly. and made sure i am buying the correct DA. No luck. and ea Support is no help

No e-mail. Although not a problem since I already owned DA:O, BF and Spore.

Origin is a ok program. There is nothing wrong with it, but then again it's one of those do we really need another client moments. I use Origin for my EA games because sometimes Origin shafts Steam copies with no updates, and any other website like Amazon only has Origin activated codes.

[quote name='XDAO_ROMANS']Anyone know if Bad company has a good online community still? I don't plan on getting any dlc if that makes a difference.[/QUOTE]

Well according to steam stats as of now, 584 play now and 1299 at the peak. These stats don't include users you play retail/origin versions of the game, so there should more players than that. I not sure how many still play the Vietnam DLC, but you should easily find games for the standard Bad Company 2 maps.

:( Dang I didn't get the email. Hmmm, I thought I was subscribed to their email. I guess thats probably why I never got a birthday email from them either.

Well crap, I had my email preferences off too. I always (well, apparently not always) check the first-party ones. Oh well, I already have Dragon Age: Origins on PS3, would've liked to try Spore out though.

I have orgin since I bought BF:BC2 for like 19.99 when it came out it was on sale and I found a promo code lol.

I also had mirrors edge and burnout Pardise on it from the codes from steam. If they don't send me a e-mail so I can snag DA:O for free I am seriously boycotting Orgin forever and I will write them a e-mail telling them why.

::update:: Yup, not buying anything off Orgin... EVER. Goodbye ever playing BF3.

If anyone has a spare, mind tossing it my way? disappointed i had my email prefs to off. I normally have it on incase of stuff like this.

Awesome! I rarely read the email from Origin, so if I hadn't seen this thread I would have lost out on a free game! I will probably get BF:BC2, but Spore is tempting too...

[quote name='GrendelPrime999']I don't know if I missed it on a previous page, but can someone please post the address that the email was sent from?[/QUOTE]

[email protected]

Not using mine, so I'll post mine up for grabs.

nwaxjtehxwt3bw

Where can I check if my email preference was set to off? Maybe if we turn it back on they will send a code? I know, wishful thinking but I really wanted Dragon Age origins.

edit: You have to log into the EA site to change your email preferences. Turned email notifications on. Keeping my fingers crossed that they will still send me a code now.

[quote name='trogoldito']Where can I check if my email preference was set to off? Maybe if we turn it back on they will send a code? I know, wishful thinking but I really wanted Dragon Age origins.[/QUOTE]I had to check this myself also. You can find out your preferences at:

https://www.origin.com/us/account

That's for the US by the looks of it. But if you're in another region and it doesn't work, you can go to the Origin website. Then going to the "download origin" page. There is an option there to login. After you login there, you can click on your name and then you can see your account settings under there.

I also didn't have the emails from Origin checked. I wonder if that option wasn't originally presented to me because as others have said, I almost always check the first party communication from people. I even have them checked under my account to come in from EA's main website. But I just don't use Origin that much. The only thing that I have on my account at all under Origin is the BF3 alpha trial.

Sucks that I won't get the free game but oh well. Whatcha gonna do!

[quote name='cficare']Was in my Gmail spam filter. Thanks for the heads up![/QUOTE]

Gee I hope it wasn't in my spam, lol I never read it - delete all spam.

Shoot, I had emails turned off too. Checked it now, I'm sure its to late. Got a massive backlog anyways, best game of the bunch looks to be bfbc2, which I have on steam anyways so no big loss either way.

not even fucking worth it lol fuck EA. look at all of you groveling for the scraps. hitler could offer you all free breakfest and you would take it with a big fat smile on your face

[quote name='Archfiend']not even fucking worth it lol fuck EA. look at all of you groveling for the scraps. hitler could offer you all free breakfest and you would take it with a big fat smile on your face[/QUOTE]Thanks for sharing!

[quote name='Archfiend']not even fucking worth it lol fuck EA. look at all of you groveling for the scraps. hitler could offer you all free breakfest and you would take it with a big fat smile on your face[/QUOTE]

Not sure I'd take a free breakfast from you though. OK, I would but I certainly wouldn't have a big fat smile on my face.

I didn't get one either but that is probably because I never installed the client. I've just bought a few games from their store and had them shipped. Ah well, no lose.

I got an email... and I'm pretty sure the only game I have from them was Mass Effect 2 for buying Dragon Age: Origins.

Anyhow, my code doesn't appear to be working... Not sure if I'll bother to contact EA CS over it or not... I will likely never do anything with said game anyways.

[quote name='Archfiend']not even fucking worth it lol fuck EA. look at all of you groveling for the scraps. hitler could offer you all free breakfest and you would take it with a big fat smile on your face[/QUOTE]

Likening EA to someone that was responsible for mass genocide. Nice......

Here's a little horror story for you. On Origin, the promo bar didn't show up for me, apparently you have to "pay" using a credit card and not PayPal so I accidentally bought Dragon Age Origins. Long story short, I'm supposedly being issued a refund but Dragon Age Origins is still in my list of games.

Makes me wonder if it will disappear or if I should get another copy as I already own BFBC2 and that I don't want Spore at all.

bread's done
Back