[DEAD] FREE Game from Origin - Dragon Age: Origins, BF:BC2, Spore - Check your email!

DirkBelig

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Just got this in the email:

It's the one-year anniversary of Origin, and we want to thank you for being part of our community. Enjoy a complimentary game download* on us—just pick which one you want and follow the instructions to get your game!
120615_Origin_Anniv_img2.jpg

1. Log in to the Origin gaming app from your desktop.
2. Use the search bar to choose your favorite game from Dragon Age: Origins, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, and Spore.
3. Add the game to your cart.
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page, click “Enter Promo Code” and enter the following promo code:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

*Offer expires June 23, 2012 at 10:00 PM PDT. Valid for new purchases of PC Digital versions of Dragon Age: Origins, Battlefield Bad Company 2, or Spore (each a "product") only from the Origin Client Software (www.origin.com/about). Valid only in the U.S. and Canada. Limit one per person. Subject to availability. Cannot be combined with any other offer, gift card, rebate or other discount coupons.

I'll be getting DA:O.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my email, which is weird since I've never bought anything from them directly. But I do own all of the Sims 3 games on PC, so maybe they go by registrations as well? :cool:

Anywho, I honestly don't want to actually get any of these games. I don't like all that many FPS's, rather not waste it on a DLC-less DA:O and no interest in getting into Spore. I also don't feel like getting involved in any trading war, especially since the time frame is so small.

So, I propose a small contest to give it away to someone who really wants it. I will set my alarm for 8:00pmET tonight and post 3 questions. The first one who answers it correctly will get a PM with the code. This way, no random joe schmo lurker will nab it before everyone else and never tell anyone that they did. And to make it somewhat even and not just let the first person to see it and browse google win.

The questions will be related to the following themes:
Q1: Left 4 Dead series (more than likely about just part 2)
Q2: The Sims series (more than likely related to 2 or 3)
Q3: Final Fantasy series (since it's so broad, let's just say this-gen only)

Will update the OP to notify that the winner has been named. I get distracted easily, so forgive me if I end up being a bit late. ;)

I will do it in the contest/free stuff section, as to not potentially clog up this thread:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9722134#post9722134

Apparently my E-mail was unverified too.. Which is odd considering I bought Bad Company 2.

So it's fine to have that while I buy a video game, but to receive one for 1 of 3 games they aren't likely even been sold well anymore. Then that's where EA drives the line? oh well I've played parts of orgins and Spore and DA crashed n' burned with DA2.

Opted in now probably to late. Oh well. I could trade an online pass to uncharted or something if someone had an extra.

well. I guess they don't like me. Email is all set up due to BF3, but no email. But the only one I don't have is Spore, and I don't know what it's like now, but it's prob still a DRM mess. But it looks entertaining at least.

edit: but oddly enough, i've recieved other promotional emails from them about me3 and such. no wonder they're the most evil company in america.

Those considering using their codes for Dragon Age may want the check the Amazon thread, they're offering a pretty killer deal on it next week.

[quote name='Corpekata']Those considering using their codes for Dragon Age may want the check the Amazon thread, they're offering a pretty killer deal on it next week.[/QUOTE]

Haha yeah I was just coming here to say the same thing.

DA1 with all DLC + DA2 for $10 all next week on Amazon starting sunday.

A lot of the DA1 DLC honestly was pretty bleh and rehashed the same old areas or was an out and out cheat like those feastday presents, but Awakenings (the expansion) had a lot of content in it.

Among the regular DLC I would say the Warden's Keep was probably the most decent followed by Returned to Ostargar, which wasn't amazing but did give some needed closure on the whole Cailan thing.

They rest are pretty crap in my opinion.

I don't count the Stone Prisoner as a separate DLC because they literally surgically removed it from the main game and it was given free to everyone who bought the game retail, though I imagine if they give it to you for free they probably won't give the Stone Prisoner with it. Not sure really.

I won't even go into Dragon Age 2 because if you can't say something nice...

At least with the Amazon sale it's dirt cheap.

Anyone still offering a code they aren't gonna use? I have opted in, and been checking my spam folder, and have bought games from the store when on sale...and still nothing. So..anyone still offering their code, I'll send $1 via PayPal. Any takers? Pretty Please.

Anyone else having issues with codes being passed to them from friends which don't work? My buddy sent me an unused code, which is not activating in the client or website.

I figured it out - you have to add the game you want to your shopping card on Origin, then go to check out and apply the code there. I tried redeeming the code straight up in the client and it didn't work.

[quote name='Idx86']I figured it out - you have to add the game you want to your shopping card on Origin, then go to check out and apply the code there. I tried redeeming the code straight up in the client and it didn't work.[/QUOTE]No one actually reads all the words anymore, do they? The email - as I posted in the OP - has step-by-step how to redeem the code; here, let's have them again...
1. Log in to the Origin gaming app from your desktop.
2. Use the search bar to choose your favorite game from Dragon Age: Origins, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, and Spore.
3. Add the game to your cart.
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page, click “Enter Promo Code” and enter the following promo code:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
...but I've seen so many posts about how people needed to "figure out" how to make it work - e.g. "I went to the web site and pasted in my code and it's not working! EA SUX!!!" - it worries me about the state of reading comprehension in the world.

[quote name='cficare']Was in my Gmail spam filter. Thanks for the heads up![/QUOTE]

Lol, mine too, good call. Thanks!
Already have DA:O and I'm not interested in BF, so I guess I'll finally pick up Spore.
Thanks Op!

[quote name='DirkBelig']No one actually reads all the words anymore, do they? The email - as I posted in the OP, here let's have them again......spells out step-by-step how to redeem the code, but I've seen so many posts about how people needed to "figure out" how to make it work - e.g. "I went to the web site and pasted in my code and it's not working! EA SUX!!!" - it worries me about the state of reading comprehension in the world.[/QUOTE]

I didn't read the OP, and I had the code e-mailed to me (not the original body.) But thanks for talking down to me. I'll bet Harvard is glad to have you.

[quote name='Idx86']I didn't read the OP, and I had the code e-mailed to me (not the original body.) But thanks for talking down to me. I'll bet Harvard is glad to have you.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, did not know only college people knew how to read and comprehend. It has been stated several times that it has to be redeemed via the Origin client.

[quote name='Idx86']I didn't read the OP, and I had the code e-mailed to me (not the original body.) But thanks for talking down to me. I'll bet Harvard is glad to have you.[/QUOTE]No one was talking down to you specifically. I was just remarking on how many people seemed to be having trouble despite clear instructions being provided. If someone sent you just the code alone because they didn't simply forward the email, you should discuss the importance of context with them, as in, "Would it have killed you to send me the whole email so I wouldn't have had to muddle around trying to figure out how to use it?"

[quote name='fortunado']Spent about $200-250 on Origin last year ... no email for me so far. Not in Gmail spam either.[/QUOTE]

Have had several EA/Origin accounts all with verified emails.... nothing yet either. No idea how they're doing this.

I got an email with a code I already have Bad Company2, DAO Ultimate on steam and Spore doesn't interest me, any want to trade me something for it

I also got a The Secret World beta key that I wont be using if anyone wants it

[quote name='LazyTriangle']I got an email with a code I already have Bad Company2, DAO Ultimate on steam and Spore doesn't interest me, any want to trade me something for it

I also got a The Secret World beta key that I wont be using if anyone wants it[/QUOTE]

Final Hours of Portal 2? ;)

[quote name='tcbys']Anyone wanna give me a code I got diablo 3 guest passes. And whatnot[/QUOTE]

[quote name='coolisjack']I'll be happy to trade a Diablo 3 trial code for a game code. PM me![/QUOTE]

I was under the impression that the D3 guest passes/starter editions were available to anyone 30 days after the game released without the use of a code.
http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-starter-edition-guest-pass

In other news, not quite a free game but I have a code for 25% off any game on Origin (fine print: that isn't The Old Republic, a pre-order or a game released less than 30 days from purchase) that expires the end of the month. Quote this if you'd like it and I'll shoot you a PM.

For those selecting Dragon Age: Origins, starting Sunday Amazon will have the Ultimate Edition of DA:O + Dragon Age 2 for $9.99. Check the Amazon Download sticky up top.

Of course, free is free, but it would be a shame if you were to enjoy Dragon Age: Origins and then have to pay more for the DLC.

[quote name='DirkBelig']No one was talking down to you specifically. I was just remarking on how many people seemed to be having trouble despite clear instructions being provided. If someone sent you just the code alone because they didn't simply forward the email, you should discuss the importance of context with them, as in, "Would it have killed you to send me the whole email so I wouldn't have had to muddle around trying to figure out how to use it?"[/QUOTE]
In fairness, having codes that work in the client but not on the site is confusing and dumb. I get why they're doing it--they want you to install the client--but in that case the error code on the website should say "This code must be redeemed through the Origin client," rather than "This code is invalid."

Haven't gotten shit despite being signed up for their newsletter. Have used Origin since day 1 because I used EA's Download Manager for years before. Thanks for treating your customers correctly EA.

[quote name='Bosamba']For those selecting Dragon Age: Origins, starting Sunday Amazon will have the Ultimate Edition of DA:O + Dragon Age 2 for $9.99. Check the Amazon Download sticky up top.

Of course, free is free, but it would be a shame if you were to enjoy Dragon Age: Origins and then have to pay more for the DLC.[/QUOTE]

can you link me to this amazon deal, i own those games on 360 but for 9.99 I would deff buy the pc versions, thats crazy! Ill probably pick up Spore with my code.

[quote name='DaddyBoJangles']can you link me to this amazon deal, i own those games on 360 but for 9.99 I would deff buy the pc versions, thats crazy! Ill probably pick up Spore with my code.[/QUOTE]

If you're looking at the deals page, it should be one of the "stickied" posts up top. Tony (CAG Amazon DD rep) on posts #4535 and #4537 mentions the deal and says they'll be holding the deal all week long. Another plus is the fact that you don't need to run these versions of the games through Origin.

Someone's probably already done this, but I didn't feel like reading the whole thread. So I contacted support and asked what were the qualifications for getting one. She said none, that they were sent out randomly. I then asked if she could give me one manually, and she said she couldn't.

Oh werll, it was worth a shot, anyway. :lol:

I just realized I already own all of these titles already, though. o_o But I'm not sure how many Spore activations I have left... probably 2... or wait, does Origin change that problem?

[quote name='TheGuardianWolf']Someone's probably already done this, but I didn't feel like reading the whole thread. So I contacted support and asked what were the qualifications for getting one. She said none, that they were sent out randomly. I then asked if she could give me one manually, and she said she couldn't.

Oh werll, it was worth a shot, anyway. :lol:

I just realized I already own all of these titles already, though. o_o But I'm not sure how many Spore activations I have left... probably 2... or wait, does Origin change that problem?[/QUOTE]
That's kinda lame but I was probably just going to get Spore anyways since I have DA:O (still in my backlog) and BFBC2 on PS3.

[quote name='Wario64']I never get these emails...[/QUOTE]

Got a Happy Birthday, save 25 % but no free game.

So nobody used the code? Okay then I will be removing it in ten minutes. If somebody uses/d it just post it.

bread's done
Back