[DEAD] Free XBox 360 game w/ ImagineCup quiz STUDENTS ONLY

I guess I'm not quite guessing this. I signed up, checked the box next to IT Challenge and took some quiz (Campus IT Quiz #4) but I really don't have any clue why.

From what I'm getting, if I score at least 15 on the quiz I just took (which I can't seem to get a score for), I get into round 2, then all I have to do is take another quiz to get a game?

Well, not only am I sure this will be exploited, I am not sure this is valid or honest. NOTICE!! On the Microsoft4me site, it says that this is specifically a Software Design promotion, but then it says you can participate in any of the contests...anyone think that's a bit strange?

However, a whois lookup for Microsoft4me, shows that the site and it's content is registers to Microsoft Corp.

BUT!! Most important information. ANYONE can enter the Algorithim contest RIGHT NOW! Just move the robot so you get some points then upload it. It takes mere minutes. Then, we'll see if we get our games. No waiting to take a quiz. I figured SOMEONE on this thread would figure out the one contest that can be done instantly, but it seems everyone would rather wait a week then get up at 2am????

[quote name='Veronica Mars']Omg.
I Won[/quote]
how can you tell if you won?

edit: just looked at the quizzes and I have no idea what the answers to most of the questions are >_

WOW, I was about to enter this, but then I saw all the crap you have to enter. Too much work for a strange "promotion" with only the possibility to get some game like Bomberman Zero for 360.

[quote name='Tamizander']BUT!! Most important information. ANYONE can enter the Algorithim contest RIGHT NOW! Just move the robot so you get some points then upload it. It takes mere minutes. Then, we'll see if we get our games. No waiting to take a quiz. I figured SOMEONE on this thread would figure out the one contest that can be done instantly, but it seems everyone would rather wait a week then get up at 2am????[/quote]

I did this option and solved the first level fairly quick. Hopefully that will be enough since I'm not a programmer and I began having trouble past level two. I might plug at it some more over the next couple days for fun - and perhaps take that IT quiz when it comes around - but at least I qualified for now.

Ok, I got word back from another MS employee. The site and free 360 game is legit.

However, I recieved one person only mentioning the IT challenge, and another only mentioning the SDI competition.

So I don't know if it's only those two, or, like the site says, is valid for any of the competitions.

Reminder - The IT Quiz goes live 2AM Central time 1/31/08. So you need to stay up or wake up after midnight tonight.

http://imaginecup.com/Competition/mycompetitionportal.aspx?competitionId=14

The above site also has the clock.

Be sure you have entered the information on your profile. Select the IT Challenge competition, and click Send Certificate. Link a Microsoft Live ID to your ImagineCup account. In the competition step by step box on the above page, make sure all the check marks are checked (except the round 1 quiz obviously)!

[quote name='Mako1215']heres the irony why have students up at 2am............[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing. It is a worldwide competition though, so I think the times for the events are spread out across different time zones.

im gonna give it a shot.
Ill try the algorithm and maybe the IT one tonight....
if i remember

i cant get the algorithm , herbert 2.0 to start up.

any hints on how you guys did it?

thanks

maybe they feel that students up at 2am fit the stereotypical computer science major awake time.

[quote name='Mako1215']heres the irony why have students up at 2am............[/quote]

So I'm in Canada, and in high school. So if i get up at 5am EST to do this quize, I'm guarenteed a free 360 game?

Sorry I don't have time to look into it at the moment.

I scored a whopping 6 on the quiz. A monkey randomly guessing could have done better.

If this post is still around by the time the games arrive, let me know what you get. The fine print said 6-8 weeks; let's hope they arrive sooner than that.

[quote name='Chronotrigga']I got 8, but I googled like 6. Woohoo, that's like a 25%! fuck YEAH![/quote]

Haha, I just randomly clicked and got 11. No googling at all haha.

I just got an email from them...

Thank you for participating in Imagine Cup! You are eligible to receive a free Xbox game for providing a submission prior to the February 1st deadline. We have some updates for you in regards to the Xbox game, shipping timeframe, and will also need you to make any corrections to your address (if needed).

FAQ
Q: When will I receive my Xbox game?
A: Per the contest rules, Microsoft has eight weeks to send the games out (estimated timeframe for shipping is mid March).

Q: What game will I be receiving?
A: Gears of War

I just got an email saying the game will be sent out within 8 weeks and that the game is Gears of War.

I got 10 of of 20 in case people are wondering if they will get it.

i also got the email and I can confirm Gears of War.

Additionally, I think I scored a whopping 5 (hurray for bad "educated" guessing).

I didn't have Gears so I am psyched.

Haha, I forgot to do the quiz so I signed up for the photography competition. I submitted a picture of my dog asleep on the ground.

I just got the e-mail saying I qualified for the free copy of Gears Of War.

Sweeeeeet.

bread's done
Back