(DEAD) Gamefly Daily Deals - Defiance (PS3/360) $8, Dead Island (PS3/360) $8, Medal of Honor: Warfighter (PS3/360) $8

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
No deals today.

Deals will probably be good until noon PST on 10/10.  Gamefly games always come with cases, manuals, and other inserts. Usually the games are in pretty good condition.

FAQ:

Why does it only let me "Rent" the game instead of buy it?
If you're only able to rent a game instead of buy it, it means the game is out of stock.  Check back regularly, as restocks do occur.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gamefly has been killing it lately with their sales.  I guess this is a combination of clearing out stock for the new batch of Fall/Holiday games and them preparing for next gen.

Anyone else thinking GoW:A is drop to $9.99 soon? I have a backlog so I can wait... I guess with the next gen consoles a month or two away, all these games will be $10 sooner than later. Ok... good thinking out loud. Thanks for $13+tax saved CAG!

Yeah, I think it will hit $10 eventually.  Out of the 5 God of War games I've played, it definitely ranks 5th, so really you're not missing a ton even if you never get to it.

Anyone else thinking GoW:A is drop to $9.99 soon? I have a backlog so I can wait... I guess with the next gen consoles a month or two away, all these games will be $10 sooner than later. Ok... good thinking out loud. Thanks for $13+tax saved CAG!
Yeah, I think it will hit $10 eventually. Out of the 5 God of War games I've played, it definitely ranks 5th, so really you're not missing a ton even if you never get to it.

That's the bad part about these sales, they gear up towards their huge monthly sales but at times start them back up at an higher price only to bring them to the current price or just slightly lower. $14 shipped isnt a bad price for God of War but I've seen it way too many times where I jump the gun but at the same time when they are cheaper they sell out quicker.

Last December Gamefly had a pretty impressive sale. I'm holding out on anything until then.For a 15 game now, it may only matter 4-5 bucks, but why buy today what will be put off until tomorrow?

GoW Ascension will be $10.  There are quite a few copies out there, so the chance is very good.  Playing Borderlands 2 right now, and it's just an amazing game. 

Is all of the GOTY content for MP? If so then vanilla is just fine for me.
Beats me. I'm not a big Halo fan. I just heard that the GOTY is coming and it has extra content.

Disclamer: I do like Halo, but mostly just for the story.

PS: I love your fucking avatar.

Damnit wasn't Farcry 3 $15 a month ago? I'm pretty sure I got it from gamefly for $15. And here it still is sitting on my self unplayed. I bit too early. :(

Halo 4 GOTY year will include (courtesy of gamerant)

• The War Games Map Pass (includes ‘Majestic,’ ‘Castle’ and ‘Crimson’ triple map packs)
  • The Halo 4 Champions Bundle (includes Bullseye double map pack, andSteel Skin + Infinity Armor aesthetic armor packs)
  • Armor and Helmet Designs (includes ‘Recruit PRME,’ ‘Venator RPTR,’ ‘Gungnir PULS,’ ‘Oceanic CRCT,’ ‘Hazop FRST,’ ‘CIO WEB,’ ‘Strider,’ ‘Scanner,’ ‘Locus,’ and ‘Deadeye’ skins)
  • In-game Emblems (includes ‘Spartan,’ ‘Prime,’ ‘Mjolnir,’ ‘Falcon. Row 2: Assassin,’ ‘Bonebreaker,’ ‘Bulletproof,’ and ‘Corbulo’ crests)
  • Weapon Skins (includes Battle Rifle ’ACT,’ Assault Rifle ’PRM,’ and LightRifle ‘IMP’ finishes)
  • XBL Themes (includes Haven and Longbow environments)
  • XBL Avatar items (includes the Ghost vehicle prop, UNSC shirt, and all-new cloaked Master Chief avatar inspired by the E3 2013 Halo trailer)

If I didn't like the first Borderlands, does the second do anything that might entice me to play it?
I'm in the same boat. Played the first one a bit when it was free on PS+, didn't like it. Never bother with the 2nd one which probably is more of the same.

Tempted by God of War since I did recently rebuy 1 through 3 from gamestop during their sale. To wait or not, my backlog says no but I am undecided.

I'm in the same boat. Played the first one a bit when it was free on PS+, didn't like it. Never bother with the 2nd one which probably is more of the same.
I found the first Borderlands to be okay, but not only for the looting aspects. The second one is so much better in every regard. Gearbox hired great writers and refined the gameplay enough to overcome any weaknesses of Borderlands 1.

I recommend waiting for the GOTY edition to drop in price and picking that up instead.

if you didnt like the first borderlands the second one is exactly the same thing and you wont like it either.

i picked up god of war ascension. been waiting for a good price on it, and i need something to rotate off too when i get tired of GTA and Diablo heh.

I know GOW: A needs an online pass to play online. Can I just buy one off the PS Store?

For those on the fence about Borderlands, the 2nd one is MUCH MUCH better than the first. The gameplay is still the same but there are marked improvements. You now can sort your missions by story and side quest. There are some genuinely fun side missions instead of just grind jobs. Weapons are much cooler with a larger difference between weapons and varying shots/abilities. The special skills are a little more balanced in that it seemed like everyone picked Brick in the first game but now everyone has equally valuable kill skills. The story is also much better and you don't feel like you wasted a lot of time fighting for literally nothing. The DLC is top notch. I could go on and on but for $10 it's beyond worth it, even with the GOTY version coming.

there are definite improvements, but nothing thats going to change someones mind if they didnt like the first one. or even be noticeable to someone who didnt play a lot of the first game. its the same game, basically.

edit: for the record, personally i totally loved the first one and kinda loved the second one.

It's true that there are improvements made over the first one. And I enjoyed the first one very much. But honestly, if you didn't
Iike the first one, you are not going to enjoy this one either.

I've been doing all the sides missions that become available as you progress with the main story. But while I do enjoy my time with each side missions, they can be some what of a chore. I often find myself wasting 2-3 hours redoing a particular side missions to try to get all the specific bonus challenges as well. But for only $10, it's a no brainer. You can drive to a store now a days and waste that much in gas money right there!

Crap, I was getting money tomorrow I can't believe I missed the other deal (Dead Island Riptide) I guess I'll wait again =\

I agree with others comments about Borderlands in that if you didnt like the first one much, the second wont really change your mind.  While Borderlands 2 does have some improvements (quest organization, a story that isnt completely half-baked), the gameplay still feels somewhat bland.  And I cannot get over the awful respawn mechanics that exist.  $10 is a good price but dont expect a lot with it.

Halo 4 is dropping like a rock cause of the GOTY edition, wonder if that will bring some people back.  Seems like most of my friends abandoned it a while ago and I know I havent played much the last few months.

Far Cry 3 is a steal at that price.  Picked up when it first dropped to $20 and had a blast with it.  Only regret is that I traded it in before really checking out the MP which I've heard is quite good.

Borderlands 2 is one of my top 5 games ever.  It's a masterpiece of awesomeness.  It's WELL worth $10.  The game is well worth $100. I think I've put in more than 200 hours in one of my Gunzerkers alone. 

I hesitated on GOW since I just bought GOW3 at Gamestop for $4.50, so I guess I can wait until Ascension is $10 or even $8.

I have Far Cry 3 on the way, I did bite at $10 on that.  Looking forward to playing it.

This makes me sad that I paid 35 for God Of War and still haven't played it yet. Its my own fault for letting games sit around untouched. Had it since March and still haven't played it. Damn depression and lack of motivation. This is a steal for the game.

This makes me sad that I paid 35 for God Of War and still haven't played it yet. Its my own fault for letting games sit around untouched. Had it since March and still haven't played it. Damn depression and lack of motivation. This is a steal for the game.
ive had to train myself to never buy a game im not going to play immediately for more than $10 ($15 sometimes). this happened to me too many times.

You weren't kidding.. I checked earlier this morning as I've been waiting for Far Cry 3 to drop to $10 before I buy it, and it was out of stock. Checked again just now, and was able to order one. Great price, can't wait to play it! Thanks!

I agree with others comments about Borderlands in that if you didnt like the first one much, the second wont really change your mind. While Borderlands 2 does have some improvements (quest organization, a story that isnt completely half-baked), the gameplay still feels somewhat bland. And I cannot get over the awful respawn mechanics that exist. $10 is a good price but dont expect a lot with it.
There are times the sequel could be enjoyable even though the player didn't like the previous installment, like Farcry 3. I didn't like Farcry 2 when I played it free on PS+. Only played 30 mins and gave up. However, I am enjoying Farcry 3, free from PS+ EU this month.

bread's done
Back