(DEAD) Gamefly Daily Deals - Defiance (PS3/360) $8, Dead Island (PS3/360) $8, Medal of Honor: Warfighter (PS3/360) $8

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
No deals today.

Deals will probably be good until noon PST on 10/10.  Gamefly games always come with cases, manuals, and other inserts. Usually the games are in pretty good condition.

FAQ:

Why does it only let me "Rent" the game instead of buy it?
If you're only able to rent a game instead of buy it, it means the game is out of stock.  Check back regularly, as restocks do occur.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually have to send FarCry 3 back.  It's the first time I've had to do this, so it's no big deal.

Glad to see it back in stock so I'll try again.

You too huh? Wish I got a coupon though.
Yeah, was yours for :ps3:? The install hung at 84% for me every time. Let it sit one time just to see what would happen, and got a message saying the disk you are using may be damaged or dirty. :headache:

Ah mine was :360: which I know of course not to expect a mint disc from Gamefly.  Mine was chipped in several spots and looked like it had been resurfaced with a Brillo pad.  I've ordered a lot though from GF, mostly 360, and this was the first time I've had to return one.

Ah mine was :360: which I know of course not to expect a mint disc from Gamefly. Mine was chipped in several spots and looked like it had been resurfaced with a Brillo pad. I've ordered a lot though from GF, mostly 360, and this was the first time I've had to return one.
I only have a :ps3:, my first time too. I was surprised as the disc didn't look any different from the norm. I guess the chip just happened to be in a bad spot. Makes me feel a little better that yours was for :360:, thought for a minute there it might just be a problem with the chips on this particular game. Anyhow good luck to us both on the 2nd go round.

You got a $5 coupon from them because your game didn't work? Damn, I never gor one of those before.
I just got on chat asking for a replacement. Guy gave me a coupon for the inconvenience since they only offer refunds. Guess I just got the right rep.

I know that's their policy and all, but seriously, what would it hurt to just put another copy in the mail? I really don't get it.

I just got on chat asking for a replacement. Guy gave me a coupon for the inconvenience since they only offer refunds. Guess I just got the right rep.

I know that's their policy and all, but seriously, what would it hurt to just put another copy in the mail? I really don't get it.
I never understood that either. I wonder if the failure rate is so high that they wouldn't have enough extra discs to send out for all the people that would need them. So instead of doing it "sometimes", they never do it.

I never understood that either. I wonder if the failure rate is so high that they wouldn't have enough extra discs to send out for all the people that would need them. So instead of doing it "sometimes", they never do it.
Yeah maybe that's the reason. I mean we all know the sales are just to help them clear out inventory, maybe they just don't care enough to deal with it. I'm sure, like you said, it happens fairly often.

I'm guessing nothing new today since it's already 4pm here in NYC. In that case, I'm going to go home and hide from this "severe weather warning".

Every single one of my Gamefly discs from Pittsburgh has been chipped in multiple places, but I have never returned a chipped disc unless it just won't play. I have returned 3 cracked PS3 discs they (the Pittsburgh distribution center) have sent me so far since those would freeze at some point during the startup process.

Ah mine was :360: which I know of course not to expect a mint disc from Gamefly. Mine was chipped in several spots and looked like it had been resurfaced with a Brillo pad. I've ordered a lot though from GF, mostly 360, and this was the first time I've had to return one.

Considering grabbing Lego Batman 2 for 360. Havent really played many of the Lego games, although I do own the LOTR one on my PC and have enjoyed it a fair amount. Ive heard LB2 is the best of all the Lego games and I been really into the Justice League lately. Anyone have any thoughts on the game?

Considering grabbing Lego Batman 2 for 360. Havent really played many of the Lego games, although I do own the LOTR one on my PC and have enjoyed it a fair amount. Ive heard LB2 is the best of all the Lego games and I been really into the Justice League lately. Anyone have any thoughts on the game?
Since its MSRP is $19.99 and it's been out for a while, I have a feeling we might see it in the $4.99-$9.99 (new) range as we approach Black Friday, but we'll have to see.

Since its MSRP is $19.99 and it's been out for a while, I have a feeling we might see it in the $4.99-$9.99 (new) range as we approach Black Friday, but we'll have to see.
Thanks for the input, I think I will hold off. I was gonna actually grab 2 copies (one for me and one for a friend who likes the Lego games) but it wont let me add a 2nd one, and if there's a chance it'll end up $4.99 in a month and a half I'd rather wait i think

Every single one of my Gamefly discs from Pittsburgh has been chipped in multiple places, but I have never returned a chipped disc unless it just won't play. I have returned 3 cracked PS3 discs they (the Pittsburgh distribution center) have sent me so far since those would freeze at some point during the startup process.

Yeah most of mine come from the Pittsburgh one. I never had to return one before, and they haven't all looked great. All I care about is if they play.

I enjoy all the Lego games, and would say the Harry Potter ones are my favorites. On Batman I enjoyed the levels, but I remember the hub with vehicles being a bit meh. Overall I'd go for it at $20 or less as has tons of content.

For the past few years I've read that if you keep returning "chipped" discs Gamefly will ban your account. And that is why I don't do it. A lot of my discs are badly chipped, too.

Yeah most of mine come from the Pittsburgh one. I never had to return one before, and they haven't all looked great. All I care about is if they play.

Thanks OP, got NBA 2K13 again for $10.55. Played a little 2K14, and didn't seem like a big leap as 2K12 was to 2K13.

For the past few years I've read that if you keep returning "chipped" discs Gamefly will ban your account. And that is why I don't do it. A lot of my discs are badly chipped, too.
I'm sure they'll ban a person's ability to purchase games if they keep returning them.

Gamefly, stop my wallet can't take this beating!  Bu hey, while you're at it, a 10-15 dollar copy of Army of Two Devils Cartel wouldn't hurt!

I'm wondering if there's going to be a gamefly monthly sale tomorrow or Wednesday... That would be epic, as I may actually pick up everything I wanted to bite on earlier.

So mad I didn't bite on 2k13 last night!! It's only for rent right now, hopefully they'll put it back on sale within a few days...

The chips don't bother me as long as they play. This is the first one I've had to return so far.

The pittsburgh distro center has allways been great for me. The Tampa distro center for me is the one I have problems from. Its funny to me that im further from Pittsburgh but get those games fast then the tampa one takes forever. Im only about 4-5 hours fron tamapa and 9-10 from the burgh. I have never had to return a game to gamefly though.

I also have to agree that the last 3 games I've got from the Pitt. center have been in great shape (Especially my DmC copy). Wonder when the monthly sale will start?

I also have to agree that the last 3 games I've got from the Pitt. center have been in great shape (Especially my DmC copy). Wonder when the monthly sale will start.
It usually starts by 10 my time, which has already passed. Maybe we won't be getting one this month, or they'll wait til next Tuesday to do it. I could have sworn it was usually the 2nd Tuesday of the month.

bread's done
Back