[DEAD] Gamestop.com 10-30% off select titles + $10 Coupon Code

ShockandAww

CAGiversary!
Feedback
110 (100%)
BE AWARE: The coupon codes you will receive WILL NOT STACK with themselves or any other discounts! (Thanks ChineseRcool, illenium, atc250es)

These are games that come with a coupon code good for $10 off a future order from gamestop.com. This deal works when you buy NEW games only.

Pre-order games with coupons:
[FONT=&quot]Red Dead Redemption[/FONT] (Use code DEADEYE for free overnight shipping. May not be combined with other offers. Expires 5/7/2010 11:59PM)
Super Mario Galaxy 2 - $20 Coupon Code
[FONT=&quot]UFC Undisputed 2010 PS3 and Xbox 360[/FONT]

Current Codes: MOMSDAY - receive free 2-day shipping with purchase of $65 or more worth of in-stock merchandise. Then receive a coupon worth $20 off your next purchase at GameStop.com! ($20 coupon will be emailed within 1 business day). Be sure to choose USA 2-day shipping at checkout.
(thanks to joen05 and his thread here)

FAQ:

Q: Do the coupon Codes stack?

A: No they do not stack with anything else including other coupon codes. So if you get 2 coupon codes you'll have to place 2 orders to use both of them.

Q: Can I do in-store pickup with this?
A: No. You need to have the order shipped to you.

Q: Cool but can I go to the store and do this?
A: NO, no you can't. It's online only.

Q: Do I get a coupon code if I order a used copy of a game?
A: No. Only for new games.

Q: When Do I get the coupon code?
A: You are supposed to get it within 24 hours of the time your order ships.

Q: It's been over 24 hours since my order shipped. Where is my coupon code?
A: For many it seems to be taking around 48-72 hours before getting the codes. Check your spam and if you still haven't gotten it after 3 days you can email [email protected] or call (800) 883-8895

Q: Can I order multiple games and receive multiple coupon codes?
A: Yes. You can order more than one game and you'll get more than one coupon code. You can order multiple copies of the same game and you'll still receive multiple coupon codes. Just remember that those multiple coupon codes will need to be used on multiple future orders since they don't stack.

Q: Do the coupon codes expire?
A: Yes but they're good for about 2 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dammit, I knew I shouldn't have ordered from GS... I didn't realize these codes came with so many restrictions.

[quote name='handsomepete']Today I sent an email kindly requesting that Gamestop reconsider their policy on the $10 coupons - I pointed out that Amazon and Wal-mart both allow their gift card promotions to be used together and almost always work in conjunction with any other promotions that are happening (b2g1, etc). All very politely put of course. I imagine it won't make much difference in the near term, but a boy can dream.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for taking the time to do this. Who knows, if nothing else maybe you will get lucky and they will give you some customer service $10 codes instead which apparently work like you ask.

[quote name='raiser']HOW TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF YOUR $10 COUPONS!
It got moved to discussions, where no one will find it :(

Get up to 70% off... Here is the gist of it:
Many CAGs placed orders on Gamestop.com that included a non-stacking $10 off a $10 purchase coupon.
There was much complaining about this coupon's lack of value (no points cards, no stacking),
But it's VERY GOOD on orders under $30 as FREE SHIPPING stacks on 24.99+ BEFORE DISCOUNTS!:

Gamestop only charges $2.99 standard shipping, FREE Shipping on orders over $24.99.

If you buy a NEW or USED game with just $10 off coupon
$29.99 = $19.99 + FREE SHIPPING = 33% off (=B2G1F)
$24.99 = $14.99 + FREE SHIPPING = 40% off (God of War Collection + another $10 off!)
$19.99 = $12.98 shipped = 36% off (>B2G1F)
$14.99 = $7.98 shipped = 43% off
$9.99 = $2.99 shipped = 70% off

Even better if you stack USED games WITH 10% EDGE bonus and $10 coupon
$32.99 / $29.69 + FREE SHIPPING = $19.69 shipped = 41% off (good games at this price)
ie. Borderlands, Assassin's Creed II, Halo3 ODST, Bioshock 2, WWE 2010, Darksiders, NFS Shift
$29.99 / $26.99 + FREE SHIPPING = $16.99 shipped = 46% off
$24.99 / $22.49 + FREE SHIPPING = $12.49 shipped = 50% off (I TESTED FREE SHIPPING OPTION WORKS!)
$19.99 / $17.99 = $10.98 shipped = 46% off
$17.99 / $16.20 = $9.19 shipped = 49% off
$12.99 / $11.70 = 4.69 shipped = 64% off
$9.99 / $8.99 = $2.99 (Add something worth a buck or three)

The best deals are $10 NEW games for $3 or $13 used games for

ordered borderlands when it was 34.00 and haven't gotten coupon yet. hope it arrives soon, i wanna get deadly premonition with it :D. says it just shipped today so i will give it the 24 hours.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']The coupons aren't that great if you consider the $10 coupon to be worth $10 cash which we had to spend to get the coupon. We're basically trading our $10 coupon for $7 after including the $2.99 shipping.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't look at it that way. Gamestop is selling these games at a discounted price, and that $10 is a just a bonus. Now if they were charging an extra $10 for these games, then I would look at it that way.

Also, Gamestop has free shipping. It says it takes 5-10 days, but I ordered Demons' Souls on May 1 with it, and I somehow got it today.

[quote name='tzoid']I wouldn't look at it that way. Gamestop is selling these games at a discounted price, and that $10 is a just a bonus. Now if they were charging an extra $10 for these games, then I would look at it that way.

Also, Gamestop has free shipping. It says it takes 5-10 days, but I ordered Demons' Souls on May 1 with it, and I somehow got it today.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but I wouldn't buy the game without the $10 bonus so I calculate it differently.

Funny gamestop. They let me buy 6 games with the $10 bonus. Now they won't let me use them. 4 orders I placed with the codes were cancelled. When I called they say its because of the "total dollar amount spent". That was repeated to me twice. Basically they are banning me for spending too much money there in the last 90 days. Great business model...I did sell my Gamestop stock after a 20% + gain last week so I guess i can't complain. Between trade in promos, online sales / stacking codes, and their recent stock performance since they hit bottom (when I got it) they've been very profitable for me.

And oh yeah...I preordered the "rumored viva/banjo arcade bundle" for $99. They sent me viva and banjo in one of those combo single two sided game case with no bar code. It said "not for resale". 2 old games for $108.45 and that's it. I tried to return it to GS store but they wouldn't take it because there was no bar code to scan or even an existing SKU. The girl who helped me called their online number and straightened it out for me, They gave me a 10$ credit and a pre paid UPS return shipping label. The gs chick kept saying to whoever she was talking to, "but we sell viva for $10 bucks."

Oh well it was a good run.

People complaining about the codes:
I got three along with my intial order (FFXIII, Demon's souls, GTA ELC for $85~). I used one on God of War Collection making it $15 with ANOTHER $10 code, and I just used one for Fallout 3 making it $9.52 with another $10 code.
The codes aren't as good as the way Amazon does it, but I have nothing to complain about thusfar. Especially if they keep this sale going.

Received Just Cause 2 today after placing the order on the 30th. Got my $10 coupon, paid a total of $28 in credit, and it came with both the SE registration code and the Gamestop pre-order bonus. It's basically a new game with stickers on the case.

Hilarious.

[quote name='SDC']I used one on God of War Collection making it $15 with ANOTHER $10 code, and I just used one for Fallout 3 making it $9.52 with another $10 code.[/QUOTE]

I did the exact same thing. The codes are great if you use them strategically. Stellar sale from GameStop. They got $400 of my money in the past month.

fucking GameStop and their shitty site. Any time I try to apply a promo code right before check out I get a "Our server was unable to process your request. Please try again." message.

[quote name='Interfeci']Received Just Cause 2 today after placing the order on the 30th. Got my $10 coupon, paid a total of $28 in credit, and it came with both the SE registration code and the Gamestop pre-order bonus. It's basically a new game with stickers on the case.

Hilarious.[/QUOTE]

wow lucky, what was the gamestop pre-order bonus? I got everything but that when i ordered that game...

I bought a NEW Bioshock 2 but the one I got was USED. Anybody have this issue? It might be a gutted copy, I'm not sure but I really wanted shrink-wrapped new.

[quote name='SDC']People complaining about the codes:
I got three along with my intial order (FFXIII, Demon's souls, GTA ELC for $85~). I used one on God of War Collection making it $15 with ANOTHER $10 code, and I just used one for Fallout 3 making it $9.52 with another $10 code.
The codes aren't as good as the way Amazon does it, but I have nothing to complain about thusfar. Especially if they keep this sale going.[/QUOTE]

Now I'm trying to do the same thing with the God of War Collection, but at check out I get this message:

The coupon entered will not provide a discount based on the current contents of your shopping cart. You may continue checkout without a discount or read the coupon description below and make the appropriate changes to your shopping cart or shipping method selected. Coupon description :
Coupon: - Receive $10 off your next online purchase. Order value must be at least $10. Any unused portion may be forfeited. May not be combined with other offers. Expires 4/28/2012 11:59PM

I think it might be because I entered in my Edge card, but it won't give me the option to remove my edge card. Anyone else have this problem?

Wow, it sure pays to pre-order UFC 2010 from Gamestop. They not only have the better end of exclusive fighters DLC but with the $10 credit, it seems almost too good of a deal. Lucky I pre-oredered it when the 25OFF code was still working. Though I'm wondering just when the heck I'm ever going to use the credit since I have $10 to use at Amazon and Best Buy as well.

[quote name='backseatdog']wow lucky, what was the gamestop pre-order bonus? I got everything but that when i ordered that game...[/QUOTE]

Rico's signature gun and a monster truck. It's a great addition to a game I didn't pre-order.

Last week, I ordered FFXIII, Demon's Souls, and Mario Galaxy2 with 25OFF Coupon.
First two games were shipped out, so i got a email for "Coupon for Your Next Gamestop.com Purchase."
There were two coupon codes in one email.
But then, I received another email from gamestop in this morning, stating Gamestop Gift Card x 1 was shipped to my address.
I wasn't sure what it was, so i went to GS web and checked my order, and saw this Gift Card was added at no charge under the same order number.
The value of the GC wasn't listed...
Anyone knows what this is?
I dont wanna call GS cuz if it is a glitch, dont wanna lose it!

[quote name='kjay80']Last week, I ordered FFXIII, Demon's Souls, and Mario Galaxy2 with 25OFF Coupon.
First two games were shipped out, so i got a email for "Coupon for Your Next Gamestop.com Purchase."
There were two coupon codes in one email.
But then, I received another email from gamestop in this morning, stating Gamestop Gift Card x 1 was shipped to my address.
I wasn't sure what it was, so i went to GS web and checked my order, and saw this Gift Card was added at no charge under the same order number.
The value of the GC wasn't listed...
Anyone knows what this is?
I dont wanna call GS cuz if it is a glitch, dont wanna lose it![/QUOTE]

I know they sent me a gift card because I complained that before I received Uncharted 2 and GTA Episodes from Liberty City that the price had dropped even though I bought them "on sale". I thought they were going to just credit my edge card, but it looks like they shipped a card instead. Maybe they were pro-active on the price drop?

[quote name='GamingGator']I know they sent me a gift card because I complained that before I received Uncharted 2 and GTA Episodes from Liberty City that the price had dropped even though I bought them "on sale". I thought they were going to just credit my edge card, but it looks like they shipped a card instead. Maybe they were pro-active on the price drop?[/QUOTE]

I called about Monster Hunter Tri dropping and was told they were processing a refund for the difference. Today I got shipment notification for a Gamestop gift card. So I guess instead of just refunding the Edge card they do this - odd, but I'll take it ;).

I just got a newsletter coupon for free overnight shipping on Red Dead Redemption and it won't work.... wtf. I get this message...

"The coupon entered will not provide a discount based on the current contents of your shopping cart. You may continue checkout without a discount or read the coupon description below and make the appropriate changes to your shopping cart or shipping method selected. Coupon description :
Coupon DEADEYE - Newsletter Special - Free Overnight Shipping on Red Dead Redemption. May not be combined with other offers. Expires 5/7/2010 11:59PM"

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']The coupons aren't that great if you consider the $10 coupon to be worth $10 cash which we had to spend to get the coupon. We're basically trading our $10 coupon for $7 after including the $2.99 shipping.[/QUOTE]

You must be doing "new math." Your logic makes no sense whatsoever.
Since when does anyone consider a coupon cash?
This coupon has ZERO value UNLESS you make an ADDITIONAL purchase.
That's the same for Amazon, it has to be used on games.
Walmart is a little better because you can use their gift cards to buy practically anything.

The advantage of Amazon is no tax, but you still have to spend $25 to get free shipping.
Walmart charges $.97 shipping or free if you pick it up in store.

I never said trade a $10 coupon for $7, or stated that it's the best deal ever.
I merely showed some ways to make the most of it. It's not cash.
BUT it's worth a full $10 if you spend $24.99 or more to get free shipping.
You won't be getting anything for Free out of it, but $2.99 is pretty damned close.

[quote name='SDC']People complaining about the codes:
The codes aren't as good as the way Amazon does it, but I have nothing to complain about thusfar. Especially if they keep this sale going.[/QUOTE]

The biggest problem with these codes is that we needed a freaking manual on how to use them initially. Just remember that Amazon gives you credit while Gamestop gives you a coupon.

[quote name='prateeko']WTF, anyone having to await a while for their coupons?[/QUOTE]

Yes I emailed GS and they had this response for me.

"Dear Valued Customer,
We appreciate you being patient at this time, as these coupon codes are in high demand. Due to this extremely high volume, the codes that stated they will be sent out within 24 hours of your order shipping, are taking a little bit longer to reach the customer.

Please allow 2-3 business days for this code to be received.

Thank you for your patience.

Best regards"

[quote name='DragonJuggs']Yes I emailed GS and they had this response for me.

"Dear Valued Customer,
We appreciate you being patient at this time, as these coupon codes are in high demand. Due to this extremely high volume, the codes that stated they will be sent out within 24 hours of your order shipping, are taking a little bit longer to reach the customer.

Please allow 2-3 business days for this code to be received.

Thank you for your patience.

Best regards"[/QUOTE]

I find this amusing and would like to think CAG is responsible for overloading Gamestop's online store.

I got a message from them too about waiting and being patient for my code. Whatever its been over a week now, give me my code lol. Trying to scam me into forgetting they still owe me (sarcasm....sorta).

[quote name='Interfeci']Received Just Cause 2 today after placing the order on the 30th. Got my $10 coupon, paid a total of $28 in credit, and it came with both the SE registration code and the Gamestop pre-order bonus. It's basically a new game with stickers on the case.

Hilarious.[/QUOTE]
If the new cheapy rumor is true dion dakis of neo-geo freak is working at gamstop.com. Avoid at all costs.

Is the coupon code not working for anyone else? I keep getting

The coupon entered will not provide a discount based on the current contents of your shopping cart. You may continue checkout without a discount or read the coupon description below and make the appropriate changes to your shopping cart or shipping method selected. Coupon description :
Coupon:XXXXXX - Receive $10 off your next online purchase. Order value must be at least $10. Any unused portion may be forfeited. May not be combined with other offers. Expires 4/28/2012 11:59PM

ordered 3 games. two were pre-orders so I guess I won't get those coupons until they ship, but I finally got my code for the game that did ship...just in time for MLB 10 to go back to full price

[quote name='RussellmaniaKW']ordered 3 games. two were pre-orders so I guess I won't get those coupons until they ship, but I finally got my code for the game that did ship...just in time for MLB 10 to go back to full price[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't surprise me if they did this intentionally...

[quote name='PlanarPotence']Is the coupon code not working for anyone else? I keep getting[/QUOTE]
Are you trying to stack it with CAG16/MOMSDAY/anything else? It doesn't stack with anything but 10AUTO, which doesn't require a coupon code to be added to the cart any more.

Guys, just a heads up. If you are using Edge card(s) to purchase things online you have to watch those balances like a hawk. I've had this happen to me in the past and it just happened again this week. I bought some stuff a few weeks back with 25OFF and such. They shipped separarely with one of the games taking a few days longer. It always seems to happen this way when there's a delay, however small.

When I checked my card balance a day or two after making the order it was correct. When I tried to use the same card today it was down to about $6 instead of the $46 or so I thought it had. The difference was suspicious because it was the exact price of the delayed-shipment game. But that order was cleared out and completed well over a week ago. It appeared I was double-charged for that one game (but not the others in the order).

This has happened in the past like I said and it is a bit tricky because in store and on the web site balance checker it will show the lower value but reps and the phone balance lookup will still tell you the higher value. But since it is the in-store and on-web balance that effects what you can purchase that is a problem. Just like before, they told me it was a "temporary hold" of funds because of the online order. Well, that doesn't really make sense since the order was shipped and completed over a week ago. In the past I took them at their word when they said it would clear soon - a month later it still had not. So this time I made sure they cleared it off right away and now my balance has been restored.

So, the point is, if you used an Edge card for any online purchases check the balance once the order has been shipped (and again a week or two later) and make sure it is correct. And if not, check it against your orders and see if the difference is exactly the same as a game or two from one of the orders. In my experience, these "temporary holds" do not ever clear off on their own and need to be done manually by a CS rep. This is the third time this has happened to me and I don't buy stuff that often at gamestop.com.

[quote name='io']Guys, just a heads up. If you are using Edge card(s) to purchase things online you have to watch those balances like a hawk. I've had this happen to me in the past and it just happened again this week. I bought some stuff a few weeks back with 25OFF and such. They shipped separarely with one of the games taking a few days longer. It always seems to happen this way when there's a delay, however small.

When I checked my card balance a day or two after making the order it was correct. When I tried to use the same card today it was down to about $6 instead of the $46 or so I thought it had. The difference was suspicious because it was the exact price of the delayed-shipment game. But that order was cleared out and completed well over a week ago. It appeared I was double-charged for that one game (but not the others in the order).

This has happened in the past like I said and it is a bit tricky because in store and on the web site balance checker it will show the lower value but reps and the phone balance lookup will still tell you the higher value. But since it is the in-store and on-web balance that effects what you can purchase that is a problem. Just like before, they told me it was a "temporary hold" of funds because of the online order. Well, that doesn't really make sense since the order was shipped and completed over a week ago. In the past I took them at their word when they said it would clear soon - a month later it still had not. So this time I made sure they cleared it off right away and now my balance has been restored.

So, the point is, if you used an Edge card for any online purchases check the balance once the order has been shipped (and again a week or two later) and make sure it is correct. And if not, check it against your orders and see if the difference is exactly the same as a game or two from one of the orders. In my experience, these "temporary holds" do not ever clear off on their own and need to be done manually by a CS rep. This is the third time this has happened to me and I don't buy stuff that often at gamestop.com.[/QUOTE]

When you say purchases with Edge card, do you mean purchases with credit on the Edge card or just using the Edge card in general? I plan on buying some used games with Edge and paying with my credit card. Will I have to worry about my credit card being charged twice or are you saying that GS withdraws credit form your Edge card twice?

Purchases using Edge card credit. I haven't used this thing you call a "credit card" for years at GS due to always having lots of trade-in credit ;).

I think what happens is this (and it probably happens with CCs too, but they are probably better about clearing off the temporary hold) is this:

You order multiple games and a "temp hold" is put on your Edge card credit so you can't instantly make another order or in-store purchase and rip off GS. Fair enough - usually, the games ship nearly right away and that whole amount of the hold is used to cover that. Occasionally, though, a game or two gets held up. For whatever reason, this happened with a new copy of Star Ocean International. It shipped a couple of days later than the other games. So at that point what they apparently do is re-charge your Edge credit but without releasing the original remaining balance of the "temporary hold". Like I said before, when this happened last time the "temporary hold" was there for a month or two afterwards so it didn't look like it would clear on its own in a few days like it should (or like they may tell you).

io, are you saying that if this happens, the online balance checker and phone balance checker will give different values? Now I'm all paranoid about my orders, and I've been buying & trading so much recently that it's really hard to go back and check it all.

[quote name='io']Purchases using Edge card credit. I haven't used this thing you call a "credit card" for years at GS due to always having lots of trade-in credit ;).

I think what happens is this (and it probably happens with CCs too, but they are probably better about clearing off the temporary hold) is this:

You order multiple games and a "temp hold" is put on your Edge card credit so you can't instantly make another order or in-store purchase and rip off GS. Fair enough - usually, the games ship nearly right away and that whole amount of the hold is used to cover that. Occasionally, though, a game or two gets held up. For whatever reason, this happened with a new copy of Star Ocean International. It shipped a couple of days later than the other games. So at that point what they apparently do is re-charge your Edge credit but without releasing the original remaining balance of the "temporary hold". Like I said before, when this happened last time the "temporary hold" was there for a month or two afterwards so it didn't look like it would clear on its own in a few days like it should (or like they may tell you).[/QUOTE]

sorry to take it off topic but nice Avernum avatar!

This is BS... I can't even get the 10 coupon to work on hercules ds. It's well over the 10 dollar price minimum. What is up with my coupon???

[quote name='llcooljunr']This is BS... I can't even get the 10 coupon to work on hercules ds. It's well over the 10 dollar price minimum. What is up with my coupon???[/QUOTE]
Are you using any other codes?

No codes this time around. The edge card doesn't even appear any more in the transaction. If I didn't work 12 hour days, I would call up gamestop tomorrow. Gonna have to wait till friday for a day off.

[quote name='llcooljunr']No codes this time around. The edge card doesn't even appear any more in the transaction. If I didn't work 12 hour days, I would call up gamestop tomorrow. Gonna have to wait till friday for a day off.[/QUOTE]
You know, something weird has been happening with my Edge card recently, too. For some reason whenever I put in the appropriate 12 digit number, it never works right. However, when I add an extra digit (a 1, 2, a, space, etc.) at the end, THAT'S when it decides to activate. Try that with your Edge card and your coupon code to see if it works for either. Best of luck, man. :D

Ordered three games last Friday, just got the code email last night...had two codes in it...so there's a little delay...games haven't arrived yet. Make sure you read the full email because at first I didn't realize there were two codes, I think the subject line alludes to there only being one code.

[quote name='DirkDiggler']Ordered three games last Friday, just got the code email last night...had two codes in it...so there's a little delay...games haven't arrived yet. Make sure you read the full email because at first I didn't realize there were two codes, I think the subject line alludes to there only being one code.[/QUOTE]

The text in the email itself suggests there's only one code too. But I had a similar experience and had two codes listed.

Anyone else take a peek at the email Gamestop sent this morning?

I pre-ordered both RDR and Alan Wake using the code provided for the previous sale, and in the email GS just sent, they have two codes for both these games to receive free overnight-shipping.

I'm going to call up and see if they can add this onto my existing preorder...

I just noticed Afrika dropped to 24.99 and is in stock used with guarantee of coverart and manual, so I bit using a $10 code and 10%edge so it's $13total, that's not too bad for my kids to have a boring nature game to play :) Better then them playing mw2 or nazi zombies :)

Has anyone else had a problem receiving the $10 future gaming code? It took me four emails to finally get the codes from the two LittleBIGPlanet:GotY's that I purchased. If this is normal I may skip buying at GS when they have these bonus future credit becuase of the hassle involved.

bread's done
Back