[DEAD] Gamestop.com 10-30% off select titles + $10 Coupon Code

ShockandAww

CAGiversary!
Feedback
110 (100%)
BE AWARE: The coupon codes you will receive WILL NOT STACK with themselves or any other discounts! (Thanks ChineseRcool, illenium, atc250es)

These are games that come with a coupon code good for $10 off a future order from gamestop.com. This deal works when you buy NEW games only.

Pre-order games with coupons:
[FONT=&quot]Red Dead Redemption[/FONT] (Use code DEADEYE for free overnight shipping. May not be combined with other offers. Expires 5/7/2010 11:59PM)
Super Mario Galaxy 2 - $20 Coupon Code
[FONT=&quot]UFC Undisputed 2010 PS3 and Xbox 360[/FONT]

Current Codes: MOMSDAY - receive free 2-day shipping with purchase of $65 or more worth of in-stock merchandise. Then receive a coupon worth $20 off your next purchase at GameStop.com! ($20 coupon will be emailed within 1 business day). Be sure to choose USA 2-day shipping at checkout.
(thanks to joen05 and his thread here)

FAQ:

Q: Do the coupon Codes stack?

A: No they do not stack with anything else including other coupon codes. So if you get 2 coupon codes you'll have to place 2 orders to use both of them.

Q: Can I do in-store pickup with this?
A: No. You need to have the order shipped to you.

Q: Cool but can I go to the store and do this?
A: NO, no you can't. It's online only.

Q: Do I get a coupon code if I order a used copy of a game?
A: No. Only for new games.

Q: When Do I get the coupon code?
A: You are supposed to get it within 24 hours of the time your order ships.

Q: It's been over 24 hours since my order shipped. Where is my coupon code?
A: For many it seems to be taking around 48-72 hours before getting the codes. Check your spam and if you still haven't gotten it after 3 days you can email [email protected] or call (800) 883-8895

Q: Can I order multiple games and receive multiple coupon codes?
A: Yes. You can order more than one game and you'll get more than one coupon code. You can order multiple copies of the same game and you'll still receive multiple coupon codes. Just remember that those multiple coupon codes will need to be used on multiple future orders since they don't stack.

Q: Do the coupon codes expire?
A: Yes but they're good for about 2 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got a question kind of unrelated. If you use pre-orders to get get to the $100 order needed to use the 25% code, then cancel a preorder, anyone know what happens? Are you charged for the difference with gamestop? I dont mean this as any kind of scam, but kind of want to just cacel the preorders.

[quote name='Xenogears']I've got a question kind of unrelated. If you use pre-orders to get get to the $100 order needed to use the 25% code, then cancel a preorder, anyone know what happens? Are you charged for the difference with gamestop? I dont mean this as any kind of scam, but kind of want to just cacel the preorders.[/QUOTE]

Go for it. It works. You're not charged the difference.

Can someone confirm if the $10 coupons stack with each other? Like, can I use multiple $10 coupons in the same order? Thanks
Stop being lazy and read more than the first post next time. They don't stack.

[quote name='yruluis']How'd you get it to work. I tried 10auto and the $10 off coupon and it doesn't work.[/QUOTE]

Earlier I called GS and they gave me one of the $10 off codes and the person I talked to said that the code can only be entered one time and if you didn't check out after you enter the code that the code won't work again. (Even if you didn't technically use it.)

[quote name='DarkSageRK']Stop being lazy and read more than the first post next time. They don't stack.[/QUOTE]

It's actually in the OP.

[quote name='dino88']It's actually in the OP.[/QUOTE]

Well, the thing is that he said that it MAY STACK, which kinda brings up possibilities. One of the earlier posters said that it does not but I figured that was for 'yonder days' when GS was still an evil corporation...oh wait.

[quote name='bcb4589']The one I got from last week or the week before also does NOT work with 10auto or anything else.[/QUOTE]

Thanks bcb, that explains that. Having an issue with 10auto and my coupon, mine won't work with 10auto and the cart won't let me drop 10auto. Grrrr

my code from last week partly stacks. If I have multiple games in my cart, the 10auto works for n-1 games, where n is the number of games in my cart.

Also to those who say that the code is working with 10auto, how many games do you have in the cart? If I put 1 game in the cart nothing stacks with the $10 coupon. But if there are 2 games in the cart, it looks like it is stacking but really it is not. It shows a %10 discount on one game and the $10 comes off the other game.

Pre-ordered Red Dead Redemption and SMG2...$25 Gamestop GC came in the mail today so total was $57. Hoping to use at least the $20 credit towards Alan Wake...and the $10 towards Just Cause 2 once used copies are up online. :)

Why can't it be for a game I really want, or didn't already own. I'm considering the GTA game but I wish they had this deal for Infamous or MLB The Show or something

Man, I'm about to return my used copy of Splinter Cell and get a new copy for $7.50 cheaper (assuming 15new works, as it is applied in my cart) + the $10 code and free value shipping. That's awesome.

Edit: Actually I think I'm gonna beat SC:C, return it, and get ME2 for even cheaper. Sweet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks so much OP. I canceled my Amazon preorder for Mario Galaxy 2. Then I ordered Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Splinter Cell Conviction on gamestop.com for $79.XX. I'm looking forward to my $30 worth of promotional codes.

Now I gotta go study for finals and then go finish up Splinter Cell Double Agent and Super Mario Galaxy 1 :p

How long does it take them to send the $10 coupon? I ordered Red Dead almost a week ago and still haven't got the coupon. I'm wanting to use it and the 15% off on Splinter Cell..

[quote name='Vap']How long does it take them to send the $10 coupon? I ordered Red Dead almost a week ago and still haven't got the coupon. I'm wanting to use it and the 15% off on Splinter Cell..[/QUOTE]

You're not going to get the bonus before the game is even released. What would keep you from ordering for the bonus and then canceling that order?

Are the $10 coupons only usable online? Or would I be able to use them in store as well?

(now that I type this out and realize they are codes, and not gift cards, the answer seems obvious, yet I still would like to confirm)

[quote name='Tgebbs']Are the $10 coupons only usable online? Or would I be able to use them in store as well?

(now that I type this out and realize they are codes, and not gift cards, the answer seems obvious, yet I still would like to confirm)[/QUOTE]

ShockandAww hates you right now.

[quote name='dino88']ShockandAww hates you right now.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ShockandAww']coupon code good for $10 off a future order from gamestop.com.[/QUOTE]

i'm sleep deprived enough to still think it was worth asking!

sorry, i spent more time reading all the responses than the op to make sure i didn't re-ask a question :/

Amazon has matched a couple of these. Bioshock 2, Final Fantasy XIII, and GTA: Episodes From Liberty City all got price drops + $10 gaming credits.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Amazon has matched a couple of these. Bioshock 2, Final Fantasy XIII, and GTA: Episodes From Liberty City all got price drops + $10 gaming credits.[/QUOTE]

I don't see any $10 credits on those games on Amazon...

there needs to be consolidation- maybe a sticky like the amazon thread.
Something that lists current deals and codes, such as 15new, 10auto and 25off (and reminds people saver is a dead code, and not needed).
especially now with the gift cards, the deals thread is littered with individual games on sale at gamestop

I suggest changing the title of this thread and rolling up all the current little threads

SMG2 with $20 coupon, plus 15% or 25% off? So much for my amazon.com pre-order.

EDIT: and done. Canceled order at amazon and pre-ordered it and DDR w/dance mat from gs.com (going to cancel DDR most likely, unless I can find a good, inexpensive PS2-to-360 dance mat adapter). Total for SMG is $39.74 shipped including 6% tax and will get the $20 coupon on shipment. Gamestop is being awesome these days.

[quote name='skin21rip']Just a thought can they be used for gift cards?[/QUOTE]

Nope. Doesn't work on gift cards, points cards, subscriptions, etc.

[quote name='illennium']Nope. Doesn't work on gift cards, points cards, subscriptions, etc.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure that is true. Don't they just mean gift cards, as in Gamestop gift cards? That's the only thing I can imagine they'd care about anyway. The point being that they want it to stay a coupon and not be converted into general gift cardiness. But not buying point cards or subscriptions cards with it? That makes no sense whatsoever, and therefore I doubt it's true.

By the way, when I canceled my amazon pre-order for SMG2 I made sure to mention that the reason was that Gamestop had 25% off plus a $20 coupon. My hope is that Amazon will now match, and I can switch back. :)

[quote name='crunchewy']I'm not sure that is true. Don't they just mean gift cards, as in Gamestop gift cards? That's the only thing I can imagine they'd care about anyway. The point being that they want it to stay a coupon and not be converted into general gift cardiness. But not buying point cards or subscriptions cards with it? That makes no sense whatsoever, and therefore I doubt it's true.[/QUOTE]

Um, I didn't just make that up. I have one of the $10 codes and tried going through checkout with both points cards and Live subscriptions. No go.

Wow, good deal:

• 3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3)
  • Super Mario Galaxy 2 + $20 GC (Wii)
  • Ring of Red (PS2)
  • Pursuit Force - Extreme Justice (PSP)
  • TOTAL: $81.84 shipped
...even without being able to use SAVER, still beats Amazon by a large amount.

10AUTO stacks if you are buying NEW games, but will not stack with USED unless you buy more than 1 title, AND it will not take the 10%off on 1 title (highest priced one).

I can't get anything to stack on gamestops website. I got red dead, galaxy2, and the gta dlc for 118 dollars. Should i be getting a better deal? The gift cards don't stack? That is shitty.

[quote name='Mr. 420']I can't get anything to stack on gamestops website. I got red dead, galaxy2, and the gta dlc for 118 dollars. Should i be getting a better deal? The gift cards don't stack? That is shitty.[/QUOTE]

Subtotal on that would be $107.22 with code 25OFF. (then add tax/shipping if you're not using free shipping). Then you'll get $40 in coupons, but as far as I know those coupons will not stack with each other, which is very shitty. You'd have to place 3 separate orders to use them I think.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Subtotal on that would be $107.22 with code 25OFF. (then add tax/shipping if you're not using free shipping). Then you'll get $40 in coupons, but as far as I know those coupons will not stack with each other, which is very shitty. You'd have to place 3 separate orders to use them I think.[/QUOTE]

Those coupon codes come out as very good deals if you use them the right way. Like I said in my earlier post, I used my 10 dollar coupon from a previous sale to get Bioshock 2 for 32.09 shipped, and I'm gonna be using the next coupon I get to get the original L4D. Those coupon codes can come in handy if you buy a "budget" game.

Quick question, I was going to order something they other day and entered my $10 coupon in and didn't finish the order (deleted it from my basket) so is it true what I read about having to contact them for a new code or will my original code still work?

[quote name='musicjunkie']Can anyone confirm (i.e. they have first hand experience or talked to someone who has) if USED copies still receive the codes? I know people have been ordering USED but since this was posted today I have a feeling we won't know for sure until their orders ship.[/QUOTE]

I sent an Email to GameStop yesterday about if the select titles in Used condition qualify for the $10 coupons. I was informed that unfortunately, they do not. So this promotion is only on New copies. This should clear up any confusion people had:

Dear Inferno,

Thank you for contacting GameStop.com.

This offer is only valid on the new copy of the game. We deeply
apologize for any confusion that this offer may have caused and will
request that this is clarified.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to respond to this
email.

Best regards,
Kristen
Customer Service Agent

Confirmation of non-stacking $10 coupons...

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for contacting GameStop.com.

We appreciate your time. Our system is set up to only allow one coupon to be used per transaction, for this reason you can only use one of the $10.00 coupon codes that you would be emailed per transaction.
Please let us know if there is anything else that we can do for you.
If you have any other questions, please feel free to respond to this email.

Best regards,
Hilary
Customer Service Agent

[quote name='Mr. 420']I can't get anything to stack on gamestops website. I got red dead, galaxy2, and the gta dlc for 118 dollars. Should i be getting a better deal? The gift cards don't stack? That is shitty.[/QUOTE]

we cant use multiple gift cards?

[quote name='asthmatic']we cant use multiple gift cards?[/QUOTE]

No you can't. Each order can get a max of ONE coupon code/certificate/GC...and the irony is that if you put in a 2nd one, the first one is voided...and, get this, GONE FOREVER!!!

[quote name='blahtastic']No you can't. Each order can get a max of ONE coupon code/certificate/GC...and the irony is that if you put in a 2nd one, the first one is voided...and, get this, GONE FOREVER!!![/QUOTE]

WTF! U cant be serious?

i put my codes in to test them, and they always seem to work again a few days later. I was one of the lucky ones that got 5 $10 codes in a day for the canceled preorders I made. Jackie Chandler got like 9 free codes for all his tinkering on the site. for the good of all cag. lol. but really hope i get that $10 code for my red dead preorder

bread's done
Back