[DEAD] Gamestop.com 10-30% off select titles + $10 Coupon Code

ShockandAww

CAGiversary!
Feedback
110 (100%)
BE AWARE: The coupon codes you will receive WILL NOT STACK with themselves or any other discounts! (Thanks ChineseRcool, illenium, atc250es)

These are games that come with a coupon code good for $10 off a future order from gamestop.com. This deal works when you buy NEW games only.

Pre-order games with coupons:
[FONT=&quot]Red Dead Redemption[/FONT] (Use code DEADEYE for free overnight shipping. May not be combined with other offers. Expires 5/7/2010 11:59PM)
Super Mario Galaxy 2 - $20 Coupon Code
[FONT=&quot]UFC Undisputed 2010 PS3 and Xbox 360[/FONT]

Current Codes: MOMSDAY - receive free 2-day shipping with purchase of $65 or more worth of in-stock merchandise. Then receive a coupon worth $20 off your next purchase at GameStop.com! ($20 coupon will be emailed within 1 business day). Be sure to choose USA 2-day shipping at checkout.
(thanks to joen05 and his thread here)

FAQ:

Q: Do the coupon Codes stack?

A: No they do not stack with anything else including other coupon codes. So if you get 2 coupon codes you'll have to place 2 orders to use both of them.

Q: Can I do in-store pickup with this?
A: No. You need to have the order shipped to you.

Q: Cool but can I go to the store and do this?
A: NO, no you can't. It's online only.

Q: Do I get a coupon code if I order a used copy of a game?
A: No. Only for new games.

Q: When Do I get the coupon code?
A: You are supposed to get it within 24 hours of the time your order ships.

Q: It's been over 24 hours since my order shipped. Where is my coupon code?
A: For many it seems to be taking around 48-72 hours before getting the codes. Check your spam and if you still haven't gotten it after 3 days you can email [email protected] or call (800) 883-8895

Q: Can I order multiple games and receive multiple coupon codes?
A: Yes. You can order more than one game and you'll get more than one coupon code. You can order multiple copies of the same game and you'll still receive multiple coupon codes. Just remember that those multiple coupon codes will need to be used on multiple future orders since they don't stack.

Q: Do the coupon codes expire?
A: Yes but they're good for about 2 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought Splinter cell, red dead, and SMG2 for $130ish with the 25off code, but now with this I'd like to get those $30 in coupons. how does canceling an order work? I already received Conviction, so....

Thanks in advance!

[quote name='AwRy108']Wow, good deal:

• 3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3)
  • Super Mario Galaxy 2 + $20 GC (Wii)
  • Ring of Red (PS2)
  • Pursuit Force - Extreme Justice (PSP)
  • TOTAL: $81.84 shipped
...even without being able to use SAVER, still beats Amazon by a large amount.[/QUOTE]

points for buy ring of red, give me a sequel!

Sorry in advance if I've missed this somewhere, but does anyone know if an order is placed for...let's say 2 copies of LBP, will Gamestop give 2 $10 credits, or will they just send out one no matter the quantity if it's just one order?

[quote name='ArmoredJ']Question, do you still get the online coupon if you choose in store pick-up?[/QUOTE]
Yes and you also get an extra $50 gift card.

There is no in-store pickup

Just bit on Red Dead and Alan Wake Special Edition for 105. Been thinking about them for awhile so heres hoping that both games turn out as good as they look.

[quote name='dino88']
There is no in-store pickup
[/QUOTE]

There seems to be in-store pickup for some games, mostly pre-orders I think.

[quote name='illennium']There seems to be in-store pickup for some games, mostly pre-orders I think.[/QUOTE]

But you do not get the extra $10 giftcard. That is online only. Pre-ordering online is basically as if you pre-ordered it in the store but instead of putting a few bucks down you give your credit card info.

[quote name='illennium']There seems to be in-store pickup for some games, mostly pre-orders I think.[/QUOTE]
No shit? If that's the case then I'll cancel my Red Dead order from Amazon and go with GS. Going to check it out now.

**Red Dead pre-order bonus is back up on Amazon.

[quote name='twicwborn']Huh, whats that about a 50$ gift card?[/QUOTE]
Pay no mind. I was being a smartass and was proven wrong. Sorry ArmoredJ.

Had a $10 coupon so I got Mario Galaxy, GTA Liberty City 360, and LittleBigPlanet for $72.50 (before tax).

Oh, and I have $40 in GCs coming my way. SOLID!!!

[quote name='brother bendu']WTF! U cant be serious?[/QUOTE]

Sadly, I am...

[quote name='atc250es']Earlier I called GS and they gave me one of the $10 off codes and the person I talked to said that the code can only be entered one time and if you didn't check out after you enter the code that the code won't work again. (Even if you didn't technically use it.)[/QUOTE]

thanks man I just got little big planet for $25 :)

%15 off, plus I used my edge card to cover the whole thing, and I'll get sent the $10 coupon. sweet!

i wanted to get RDR but seem like the 25% coupon only apply if I pre order the game and get it ship. If I pick in store pick up (which I want) then the coupon doesnt apply anymore :( suck so bad... I cant stand waiting another week for my new release game to ship to me. I want to play it on release day.

Do it I did it and I don't feel any regret ha ha. Red Dead for 40 i think will be the lowest we see it at anytime for awhile so paying 45 isnt to bad for release day and the who knows hopefully Alan Wake CE won't drop like a rock like Bioshock 2 :/

Snagged Demon's Souls, Endless Ocean 2, and GTA IV Episodes 360 for $84. Should get $10 for Episodes, too.
Would have liked to do in-store pick-up, since I'll be out of town most of the next 2 weeks, but as stated that's only for pre-orders. I'm still happy.

[quote name='DomLando']I have a $10 Coupon code, will that work with the 25off or can I only use one or the other?[/QUOTE]

I couldn't get it to work so I'm gonna be pissed if that $10 coupon code isnt valid anymore. The code only says that your total has to be more then $10 doesn't say anything about not being able to be used with anything else.

[quote name='blahtastic']Sadly, I am...[/QUOTE]

I've been to the check-out screen over and over with my $10 off coupon to see what stacks, and it's never been removed until I actually used it. Maybe YMMV on this then?

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']I'm attempting to preorder RDR, but the 15NEW code isn't applying...what gives?[/QUOTE]

15NEW = 15% off any new in-stock ps3, wii, or xbox 360 game. As far as I know they dont currently have Red Dead Redemption in stock ;)

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Read this thread's OP: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=259428

It clearly states that you can use the 15NEW/25OFF with the selected games, RDR being one of them, which should knock down the price to $51.99[/QUOTE]

I think that was either incorrect to begin with or they changed it so it doesn't work with pre-orders. You can use the 15NEW up until the final checkout where it takes the code off and charges full price.

[quote name='ShockandAww']I think that was either incorrect to begin with or they changed it so it doesn't work with pre-orders. You can use the 15NEW up until the final checkout where it takes the code off and charges full price.[/QUOTE]I'm not sure that's accurate, actually.

I used 15NEW when pre-ordering the Alan Wake LE on Monday (unaware that it isn't supposed to work on not-in-stock items), and my order went through, taking off $12.00:

Alan Wake Limited Edition 1 Pre-order Ships 5/18/2010 $79.99
Subtotal:
clear.gif
$67.99
clear.gif

Estimated Tax:
clear.gif
$4.08
clear.gif

Handling:
clear.gif
$2.99
clear.gif
clear.gif
clear.gif

Total:
clear.gif
$72.07
clear.gif

...So yeah, apparently 15NEW worked for me for a pre-order; maybe it's because Alan Wake is one of the exceptions?

[quote name='Vigilante']I'm not sure that's accurate, actually.

I used 15NEW when pre-ordering the Alan Wake LE on Monday (unaware that it isn't supposed to work on not-in-stock items), and my order went through, taking off $12.00:

Alan Wake Limited Edition 1 Pre-order Ships 5/18/2010
$79.99I draw your attention to the "Subtotal" below:

Subtotal:
clear.gif
$67.99
clear.gif
Estimated Tax:
clear.gif
$4.08
clear.gif
Handling:
clear.gif
$2.99
clear.gif
clear.gif
clear.gif
Total:
clear.gif
$72.07
clear.gif

...So yeah, apparently 15NEW worked for me for a pre-order; maybe it's because Alan Wake is one of the exceptions?[/QUOTE]

Edit again: Ok I can't get it to work on any pre-order game. I guess they "fixed" it if it was working on pre-orders.

Thanks for everyone's sleuthing skills ;)

I just bit the bullet, and decided to order RDR+Alan Wake using the 25OFF. Thanks again!

Anyone order Transformers: War for Cybertron? 25OFF seems to be working for it. The game looks cool, I'm hoping they don't totally fuck it up.

[quote name='sillymonkey321']really need a quick answer please, but do these $10 future purchase codes have an expiration date?[/QUOTE]

I remember someone saying they do but they're valid for a good while. As in a year at least if I remember correctly. I dont actually know though because I've never had one.

Question:

Do GS.com games come shipped WITHOUT the tacky sticker price tags that they put on in the store? In other words, will the game case look like ones I order from Amazon or BestBuy?

[quote name='paddlefoot']Damn these $10 coupon codes are restrictive.[/QUOTE]

Your telling me, I thought someone mentioned that you COULD use it with 25OFF (Anyone care to clarify this please)

I had a decent deal set up for 2 PS3 games and 3 PS2 games for a little over $100 and change, total came out to $70, right when I was ready to check out, it denied my $10 off, right then and there. I was hoping to at least cover tax which was about $6. Gotta love'em.

How long has it taken for most to receive the $10 off coupon code?
My item shipped out late on 4/26 and I haven't received the coupon.

Looking to use it this week to make another purchase.

Thanks.

Awesome deals this month

RDD - $60
UFC 2010 - $60

after deals:
RDD - $45 + $10 coupon
UFC 2010 - $45 + $10 coupon + free overnight shipping

[quote name='yedgee']How long has it taken for most to receive the $10 off coupon code?
My item shipped out late on 4/26 and I haven't received the coupon.

Looking to use it this week to make another purchase.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

If it was a qualifying game you should have gotten it already. It says you get the credits within 24 hours of your order shipping. Maybe check your spam? Otherwise I'd contact them. The email is [email protected] or call (800) 883-8895

[quote name='ShockandAww']If it was a qualifying game you should have gotten it already. It says you get the credits within 24 hours of your order shipping. Maybe check your spam? Otherwise I'd contact them. The email is [email protected] or call (800) 883-8895[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it was a qualifying game. Thanks for the info. Guess I'll fire off an email.

Nice, my order just shipped. I got:
Mass Effect 2
Final Fantasy 13-Playstation
Little Big Planet
Bioshock 2-Playstation

for $132, plus I should get 4 $10 codes :)

[quote name='uncle5555']Your telling me, I thought someone mentioned that you COULD use it with 25OFF (Anyone care to clarify this please)

I had a decent deal set up for 2 PS3 games and 3 PS2 games for a little over $100 and change, total came out to $70, right when I was ready to check out, it denied my $10 off, right then and there. I was hoping to at least cover tax which was about $6. Gotta love'em.[/QUOTE]

I had the same problem.

[quote name='rusty']Question:

Do GS.com games come shipped WITHOUT the tacky sticker price tags that they put on in the store? In other words, will the game case look like ones I order from Amazon or BestBuy?[/QUOTE]

I've placed several orders with gs.com in the past few weeks. New games have always been factory sealed, no stickers. Used games have come with a varying number of stickers.

[quote name='rusty']Question:

Do GS.com games come shipped WITHOUT the tacky sticker price tags that they put on in the store? In other words, will the game case look like ones I order from Amazon or BestBuy?[/QUOTE]

Do you mean new or used? So far the new games I've bought all seem normal, unlike in store. I've never bought used.

[quote name='worshipsf']I've placed several orders with gs.com in the past few weeks. New games have always been factory sealed, no stickers. Used games have come with a varying number of stickers.[/QUOTE]

Good :)

[quote name='Wolfpup']Do you mean new or used? So far the new games I've bought all seem normal, unlike in store. I've never bought used.[/QUOTE]

I meant new.

I think I'm gonna buy FFXIII at Kmart after selling my copy to GS this week. Then I'll buy LBP:GOTY, then I'll use the $10 credit and remainder of GC on GOW Collection.

That means I essentially get GOW Collection and LBP:GOTY for a combined $30-$35 :)

GS $10 coupon blows. It doesn't stack with any other coupon/promo (not even a similar $10 coupon), online only (no damn in-store pickup, cmon) and the shipping is terrible if you go with the value (5-10 days?! are the employees delivering?). So if I have two $10 I have to place two different orders to actually use them. That is some funny shit considering I used close to $40 in Amazon promo codes, at one point, on 1 game without any restrictions and Free Release Date Shipping.

I think Gamestop is getting there, but they still have a lot of kinks to work out if they want to get the ball rolling like Amazon.

[quote name='sillymonkey321']really need a quick answer please, but do these $10 future purchase codes have an expiration date?[/QUOTE]

Some time in early 2012 (can't remember the exact date), so we're good for awhile.

I have to say I've been using 25off code A LOT. Can't beat pre-ordering any 2 $60 games for $45 each and being able to use store credit....

Using this code I have ordered ALL of the following this month, some when it still stacked 10auto:

:ps3:DEMON'S SOULS $29.98 (NEW)
:360:SUPER STREET FIGHTER IV $29.99 (w/pre-order bonus)
:360:SPLINTER CELL: CONVICTION $37.49 (w/pre-order bonus)
:360:SPLINTER CELL: CONVICTION $44.99 (returning, price dropped)
:360:SPLIT SECOND $44.99 (w/pre-order bonus)
:360:BLUR $44.99
:360:BAYONETTA $23.62 (used w/edge)
:360:BORDERLANDS $20.04 (used w/edge+10auto)
:360:MIDNIGHT CLUB: LA COMPLETE $15.18 (used w/edge+10auto)
:360:FALLOUT 3 $10.93 (used w/edge+10auto)
:360:FALLOUT 3 $12.14 (returned in store)
:360:ASSASSIN'S CREED 2 $17.00 (used w/edge+10auto)
:360:ASSASSIN'S CREED 2 $18.89 (returned in store)

To get close to $500 in Gamestop credit I used mostly flips from BBV B1G1

bread's done
Back