[DEAD] Lowball #2 is DEAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only have a 360 and a PS3, making room for PS4/Wii U, with a sound system and a mini PC for streaming, the room below my TV stand is absolutely packed. You retro console users have got to show me one of your pictures sometimes.
I have my genesis/sega cd, dreamcast, nes and wii hooked up in the bedroom whic kind of puts me in a spot where I don't play them because comfy furniture+better tv= gaming in living room. It was a pain in the ass to set it up in there, because I had to have 3 of the systems connected to a splitter and the wiring is fuck ed up lol. It actually takes up a tv stand and a half (the lower level of a table thing that the girlfriend keeps shoes on holds the NES/Dreamcast).

I have too much stuff, considering a "dumping my collection" lowball. getting old/established in a career/being a graduate student sucks and takes up too much time.

Being now an owner of some blockbuster shelving I can only imagine those that go all out with retro gaming. I decided not to go that route seeing as I really don't have the money. I was pretty poor growing up so I only ever had the NES and the SNES/Gensis was bought when people were buying N64/PS/Xbox. So just figured I really wouldn't have the nostalgia that those who actually got to play when the systems actually came out. 

oops sorry for the rant XD.

Heaven forbid he offer us great deals and take a little bit of time to get his stuff together.

I'll be waiting for the invoice, Black Ops.

Maybe one of our Veterans should help with the winning bids sort to help move things along, like Masa? I have no issue waiting but not everyone shares that ;).

Maybe one of our Veterans should help with the winning bids sort to help move things along, like Masa? I have no issue waiting but not everyone shares that ;).
well, normally I would not mind with an assist, buuuuutttt my life has become incresingly more complex in the last week than I care for. Thus CAG is on the back burner for now. Hell, gaming as whole for me is going to have to be cut way back from now on (adulthood=ballsack), so I could care less if I end up getting an invoice (which is not my usual stance on things). who knows, maybe 80% of my collecction my be up in an auction soon. I am just glad he didnt message me and say he was gonna negative feedback my ass lol.

however, deadlines are deadlines for buyers and sellers so I hope this gets figured out soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
well, normally I would not mind with an assist, buuuuutttt my life has become incresingly more complex in the last week than I care for. Thus CAG is on the back burner for now. Hell, gaming as whole for me is going to have to be cut way back from now on (adulthood=ballsack), so I could care less if I end up getting an invoice (which is not my usual stance on things). who knows, maybe 80% of my collecction my be up in an auction soon. I am just glad he didnt message me and say he was gonna negative feedback my ass lol.

however, deadlines are deadlines for buyers and sellers so I hope this gets figured out soon.
The way I see it is....he didn't rip anyone off, so no harm no foul. Shit happens. I'll be here waiting when it gets attended to. I just would hope that the seller would understand if bidders monies are tied up elsewhere for his "vacationing" and doesn't leave bad feedbacks to those who want to back out.

The way I see it is....he didn't rip anyone off, so no harm no foul. Shit happens. I'll be here waiting when it gets attended to. I just would hope that the seller would understand if bidders monies are tied up elsewhere for his "vacationing" and doesn't leave bad feedbacks to those who want to back out.
first, i want to say that OP is a good dood, I have dealt with him before. I dont think this will have a bad outcome for any of us. Life happens, real talk.

you are correct that he didnt rip anyone off. nobody could argue that. but, playing devils advocate/rule nazi/general jerk, i will say that there would be an infraction if anyone were to host an auction and never follow up with shipping "won" items out even if no money has exchanged hands. I would bother to quote the rules of lowball/trading, but I have neither the time nor the inclination to do so from my phone. once you start a lowball, you enter a binding agreement with those whom bid on your items and if you dont follow up, then you should be prepared for negative response/consequences/feedback.

again, I would like to reiterate that MrBlackOps is a trustworthy guy, and that I am sure we will all get an invoice/items in the end. if he is having issues outside cag, at least he is posting about them albeit periodically.

first, i want to say that OP is a good dood, I have dealt with him before. I dont think this will have a bad outcome for any of us. Life happens, real talk.
I figured as much. And, yeah, you are def right. That life thing, what a bitch sometimes. I'm confident it gets sorted out, in the mean time I'll enjoy what I have :)

I'm not worried about waiting, but I am worried that this gets forgotten about.
agreed. he has been on and hasn't given any update/reason. i get if he can only access via mobile atm, though that is something he should give a heads up about. this is the longest I have seen. ill just keep on waiting :fridge:

I don't mind waiting at all but usually if it's taking 2 1/2 weeks to just do invoices there has to be something up. Anyone try to contact him or even get a reply?

I haven't tried, but just clicking his profile he's been active on April 4th. He could at least post something here, even if its just to say sorry, keep waiting. But, yeah, I'm cool waiting for him if he's having problems, not a big deal.

agreed. he has been on and hasn't given any update/reason. i get if he can only access via mobile atm, though that is something he should give a heads up about. this is the longest I have seen. ill just keep on waiting :fridge:
Mobile is no excuse. I pretty much controlled my 3 lowballs with the mobile site

I want to be forgotten about when/if invoices start going out personally. Been too long

I'm about to just leave negative feedback and just forget about this lowball all together. Just wish people would man up and say what they are gonna do instead of just ignoring and do nothing at all.

I dont understand. Why even have a lowball if at the end you are going to act like it never happened? Maybe he wanted to keep his stuff after he thought about it? IDK, it's not exactly like, say, eBay...he didn't make out with everyones money or anything like that. Just makes no sense to me. I dont think I'll leave negative feedback, but as many have stated...I think I'll ignore an invoice if I ever do get one.

Maybe he expected more $$$ on some of the items??? I just know that at this point after it being so long I am counting it as not happening

Guys im sorry im out of country i should have been more open and updated you guys and im sorry i wasnt.. I should be back on Friday the 11th and i'll start working on this lowball from there.. If any of you want to back out no problem its my fault and for the rest who still want the items i'll eat some of the shipping cost.. Im sorry to all of you and yes im running mobile and fizz i commend you for being able to run lowballs from mobiles maybe i can get tips for my next one

And for those of you wanting to leave negative feedback? what are you gonna say had a lowball ended it and never sent me an invoice? Last time i checked i didnt take anyones cash and run with it like other ppl do.. would you rather have had me send invoice collect money and leave? if you dont want the stuff thats fine last i checked i didnt take anyones cash or even charge ppl 

Anyways i would like to apologize to everyone i went about this lowball the wrong way in starting it right before i left.. if you want out its fine i dont expect anyone to wait this long for the rest who want the stuff like i said i will eat some of the shipping cost depending on how much up to 50% of the ship cost

I'd still like to honor my bids, and you dont have to eat the shipping costs for me. I just wanted a response from you to indicate something...anything. I didn't want 2 more weeks to go by with nothing, then all of a sudden get a "Hey, here's an invoice" PM when I'm broke and/or no longer expecting anything. (hyperbole, I didnt spend as much as others did, just saying)

I'll still pay for mine considering you answered today but in the defense of anyone thinking negative feedback due to not being contacted the reason would be because buyers in a CAG lowball are to have the same rights as the seller.

For example say you sold a PS4 with a bundle of games to a guy for $600 and you contacted him numerous times and he refused to pay.... Negative feedback for refusing to pay for lowball auction winnings.

Hosting an auction obligates the host to get invoices and items out in a timely manner. Say a buyer buys a PS4 and a bundle of games in your auction for $250 and you decide you don't wanna honor such a low price and you never invoice him or contact him... Negative feedback for you because end of auction is an agreement on your end to honor the price.

Mobile is a task but I work two jobs and have a year old son and a newly pregnant wife to worry for so mobile is about the only option I have 75% of the time. I just do it however I can get it done to let everyone buying know I'm working it and things are getting done.

I don't doubt that your next lowball will go well and if you need help don't hesitate to ask. I wouldn't mind at all. As soon as you have me an invoice I'll shoot you some $$$ man. To be honest until today I forgot about this until I kept getting notifications

I'll still pay for mine considering you answered today but in the defense of anyone thinking negative feedback due to not being contacted the reason would be because buyers in a CAG lowball are to have the same rights as the seller.

For example say you sold a PS4 with a bundle of games to a guy for $600 and you contacted him numerous times and he refused to pay.... Negative feedback for refusing to pay for lowball auction winnings.

Hosting an auction obligates the host to get invoices and items out in a timely manner. Say a buyer buys a PS4 and a bundle of games in your auction for $250 and you decide you don't wanna honor such a low price and you never invoice him or contact him... Negative feedback for you because end of auction is an agreement on your end to honor the price.

Mobile is a task but I work two jobs and have a year old son and a newly pregnant wife to worry for so mobile is about the only option I have 75% of the time. I just do it however I can get it done to let everyone buying know I'm working it and things are getting done.

I don't doubt that your next lowball will go well and if you need help don't hesitate to ask. I wouldn't mind at all. As soon as you have me an invoice I'll shoot you some $$$ man. To be honest until today I forgot about this until I kept getting notifications
I was just going to answer the "how can you leave negative feeedback" statement, but then old boy here did it for me. so, no need to pile it on except with a "Yup". but as far as future lowball auctions go? eh, I would hold of a while. the sting of the masses last a while.

anywho, send out an invoice to me. I will let ya know how I feel about paying then (nothing against you, but I kind of dont care anymore. doesnt mean I wont honor my bids).

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back