Dead Nation - PSN - $14.99 - Platinum Trophy! - Road of Devastation out 9/27 for $4

Has anyone had problems downloading this game? Mine is always stuck at 39% I've rebooted my system, canceled it then downloaded it again, and same thing. Any suggestions?

I was online last night with Deadnation and a friend.
Weird, there was no headset communication.

Had to call friend on cell and utilize those free weekend minutes.

So far, about the only thing I don't like about this game is the multiplier. I don't like games that force me to choose between the game or RL. I was playing for about 45 minutes the other night with a multiplier in the 300's and I went to quit and it said I'd lose the multiplier...nothing huge, but not a choice I would have made for the game.

Other than that, I'm actually pleasantly surprised with Dead Nation.

[quote name='SynGamer']So far, about the only thing I don't like about this game is the multiplier. I don't like games that force me to choose between the game or RL. I was playing for about 45 minutes the other night with a multiplier in the 300's and I went to quit and it said I'd lose the multiplier...nothing huge, but not a choice I would have made for the game.

Other than that, I'm actually pleasantly surprised with Dead Nation.[/QUOTE]
The only other time you lose the multiplier is when you die and even on easy you'll likely die in some of the later levels.

I do like that they have checkpoints for each level and it's not just one huge level, as some portions of some levels are just insane with the sheer volume of zombies coming at you(cemetery level, for example).

The last part of that level is just......

Loving this game, finished solo campaign and looking forward to another play through.

I also started the online co-op with a buddy and encountered a problem. I am on level 5 (or 6, cannot recall) and it seems that our save it glitched.

As soon as we leave the beginning of the level (the ammo/armor trailer), we disconnect. Happened 3 times before we stopped for the night. We tried accessing the ammo menu and also just skipping the menu and entering the level. Same result.

Has anyone else experienced a problem like this? We have to go back and try again, maybe it was just a hiccup on their end that has been resolved.

The online connection sucks big 'ol balls in this game. Constantly getting disconnected during online co-op. Always right at the beginning of the level too.

So have they fixed the co-op yet? I'd like to grind a few games for the genocide trophy to plat this, but I'd rather do it MP. I'd even be willing to carry some of you nubs through Grim or Morbid. ;)

[quote name='Average Gamer']I was online last night with Deadnation and a friend.
Weird, there was no headset communication.

Had to call friend on cell and utilize those free weekend minutes.[/QUOTE]

You can go to options and turn mics on.

I recently got the the Platinum trophy on Dead Nation. My only problems with the game is it seemed to only disconnect me and co-op partner after finishing a level at times. Only got disconnected 2 times through level 7 on Morbid. The only other thing that bugs me is you can only have 1 save for online. So your partner has to be in the same level and difficulty to match up.

Great game and I'm glad I only had to deal with 1 level of UNDEAD. I can only imagine how crazy Highway to Hell would be on UNDEAD.

Well, I tried starting up co-op five times last night -- disconnected every time. I can tell this is such a high priority for them since its only been a couple weeks now and I can't even find forums to check on the status of a fix. I guess they figure by the time they fix it, everyone will have quit playing anyway and the issue will resolve itself. Oh well, you get what you pay for.

[quote name='Jodou']Well, I tried starting up co-op five times last night -- disconnected every time. I can tell this is such a high priority for them since its only been a couple weeks now and I can't even find forums to check on the status of a fix. I guess they figure by the time they fix it, everyone will have quit playing anyway and the issue will resolve itself. Oh well, you get what you pay for.[/QUOTE]
Single player shouldnt take too long if you just want to get the trophy over with. I never could get into a co op game and just did it all by mysefl, even the co op trophy by letting the 2nd player die using a 2nd controller. I still had fun with it.

EDIT: It has been a while, it might have taken me longer than I thought to do the genocide trophy. But I think I played through the game three times anyway for the difficulty trophies as I went from Normal, to Grim, to Morbid or whatever they are called. But I really liked the game, so it might have seemed shorter to me since I had a lot of fun.

It's fun to a point, but not when you're just there to grind zombies. I figured at least doing co-op would keep me from falling asleep. I only need ~20k more kills for plat, which is roughly two more playthroughs unless I want to mindlessly grind level 10 about 10 times.

I'm very mad that I didn't get this game as my free welcome back game, instead of that stupid racing game. I didn't get it because I don't usually like zombie games, but now that I see its basically contra with zombies, I actually want to play it.

[quote name='Jodou']It's fun to a point, but not when you're just there to grind zombies. I figured at least doing co-op would keep me from falling asleep. I only need ~20k more kills for plat, which is roughly two more playthroughs unless I want to mindlessly grind level 10 about 10 times.[/QUOTE]
Understandable. I think that is why I played three times and didnt jump right to the higher difficulties since I knew that geno trophy would be a grind. Also, I played 4 times since I played through Co op. Then I think I grinded that last level a few times. Now that I think of it, I did feel a great sense of relief I didnt have to play anymore when I was done. Having said that, talking about it is making me want to just play a level or two again.

[quote name='Gden']I'm very mad that I didn't get this game as my free welcome back game, instead of that stupid racing game. I didn't get it because I don't usually like zombie games, but now that I see its basically contra with zombies, I actually want to play it.[/QUOTE]
It isnt really like Contra since it is a dual stick shooter and not side scrolling like Contra, but if you mean blowing the crap out of everythihng that moves, then yes it is like Contra and fun for a while.

[quote name='wrencrest']It isnt really like Contra since it is a dual stick shooter and not side scrolling like Contra, but if you mean blowing the crap out of everythihng that moves, then yes it is like Contra and fun for a while.[/QUOTE]
He's probably talking about Contra on SNES, because they did utilize mode7 a few times for isometric views (in fact, it may have been one of the first games ever to spawn this genre come to think of it). A closer fit would have been Zombies Ate My Neighbors TBH.

I never got to play the SNES versions of Contra. In fact I really only played the original and Super C on NES. I tried playing the Genesis version, cant remember the name and remember not being able to get past the first or second level. They kept making the games harder and harder and my skills keep getting worse and worse!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...evastation-new-weapons-new-enemies-new-rules/

Road of Devastation details are released including price and release date:

As Road of Devastation begins, you escape from a laboratory and find yourself at a crossroads leading to three different roads. Each road has its own perks and dangers lying in wait – with different environments, items and enemies for you to discover. Choose your road, and let the devastation begin…

New Weapons

Road of Devastation will give players several new tools and ways to dispose of enemies. And not just something you can carry with you, but also elements found in the environment. Electrified fences, for example, will fry anything that touches them when you turn the power on, so keep your distance and timing right.

You may even get to operate heavy-duty industrial saws – perfect for disposing masses of zombies. Safety reminder: keep your distance from the cutting end while operating heavy industrial equipment!

A new heavy weapon you can carry comes in the form of a computer-assisted, automated targeting system – more details about this high-tech equipment will be revealed in the very near future…

Enemies Evolve

As the virus evolves, so do the enemies. Road of Devastation will put your skills to the ultimate test as enemy waves start growing and growing in numbers, and getting more and more aggressive.

The virus has now also begun to infect even plant life – be careful when treading plant-infested environments. As you wade through areas with heavily overgrown plant life, you can make your way through by destroying the overgrowth that block your progress.

But beneath the ground, masses of buried corpses, all but decomposed have now fused with infected plant life. When these monstrous atrocities burst from amidst the plants, you’ll notice they have no problem treading the infested terrain as they make their way toward you.

Even plant life has been infected by the virus!

In the original game, the Mouth boss zombie emitted loud screams to alert walking corpses in the nearby area to your position, but a well-placed shot was all that was needed to stop the Mouth from screaming. But with Road to Devastation, it’s back with a vengeance…

True to its name, “Big Mouth” will have you running and gunning while it lets out its gargantuan scream, unstoppable, summoning its minions straight from hell from right below your very feet.

“Big Mouth calls its minions to the surface – you’re on the menu”

New Rules

In order to become the ultimate zombie killing machine you must master the arts of death completely – this time you will be rewarded for pulling off different levels of multikills, making constant tactical decisions based on new money, score and other collectible mechanics, etc.

Execute multikills for new bonus rewards!

Road of Devastation features both single-player and two-player co-op modes (online and offline), as well as a new set of Trophies. Prepare to experience Dead Nation in a brand-new way in Road of Devastation, scheduled for release on September 27th for $3.99!

Keep up the fight, your country needs you!

4 bucks isnt bad depending on how much is added and if thats the regular price i guess the plus price is even cheaper.

I got this free with the Welcome Back program. $4 sounds reasonable for DLC, can't wait to co-op this with my buddy again.

Did that Big Mouth screenshot remind any else of Rift lol?

Anyway, looking forward to this and yeah, $4 seems reasonable and honestly couldn't see them charging a lot more due to the bad rep they got from the voice chat problem.

[quote name='Jodou']$4 is a fair price, but I don't see myself ever playing this again.[/QUOTE]
I agree, fair, though I lost interest in it by the 3rd level or so, little repetitive and it got annoying getting sucker punched because I couldn't see through trees and such. Maybe it would be more enjoyable with co-op.

[quote name='guardian_owl']I agree, fair, though I lost interest in it by the 3rd level or so, little repetitive and it got annoying getting sucker punched because I couldn't see through trees and such. Maybe it would be more enjoyable with co-op.[/QUOTE]

co-op is definetly the way to play it. as you get further into you need the help especially if youre playing on a higher difficulty.

bread's done
Back