Dead Nation - PSN - $14.99 - Platinum Trophy! - Road of Devastation out 9/27 for $4

[quote name='MSI Magus']That loot walk through really is not that great though since it does not cover cars and a few people have said its missing one or two things here or there. I may try again tonight but there is a decent chance I just wait for youtube videos.[/QUOTE]
There was another thread on that site that added the cars. Check out the DEad Nation board again and look for "loot with cars" or something like that. I followed it and got the 100% loot already.

it added the # of cars but not where. the guide is basically complete and all the cars are pretty much in plain sight. i followed the loot guide and counted cars and got 100% 1st time through on all but 1 stage.

[quote name='8bitArtist']it added the # of cars but not where. the guide is basically complete and all the cars are pretty much in plain sight. i followed the loot guide and counted cars and got 100% 1st time through on all but 1 stage.[/QUOTE]
Exactly what I did. Just had to remember not to shoot ahead without knowing whether or not a car is in your sights.

Looks like I'll be giving this game another go! For some reason I got really bored first time around. And that never happens. I thinking I'm zombie desensitized.

Already played this game to death while my disc drive was dead, but I'll probably play a bit more with some friends once the patch is live.

I would love to see an alternate ending as one of the "surprises" mentioned, but that's just wishful thinking.

Hoping this surprise is a survival mode :)

Kind of long for a voice chat update though...Would be nice if they temporarily lowered the price to $9.99 to help increase the player count to get the online community active again.

[quote name='Ch33pSh33p']Kind of long for a voice chat update though...Would be nice if they temporarily lowered the price to $9.99 to help increase the player count to get the online community active again.[/QUOTE]I'll be honest the lack of voice chat has been the big reason why I haven't picked this up already... (the lack of a demo didn't help) but now that it's been out for so long I wonder if waiting for a sale would be the smartest thing to do...

Guess I wouldn't be on this forum if I didn't think that on some level. :lol:

So 15 bucks with voice chat... Worth it?

The few of you that are hoping for big things with the "surprises" are probably expecting too much. If they were adding new modes/content, it would've been mentioned up front as a big part of the update.

I wish Left 4 Dead (boring) was made like this with its 4 player co-op and CG cutscenes in Dead Nation's awesome explosions, lighting, and upgrade system - but a very ugly H.U.D.

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally I am hoping the surprise is a "survival" mode. Something where it puts you in a stage and the zombies constantly spawn and your only job is to stay alive as long as possible. Basically a score attack survival mode...hell I thought this game was that when I bought it, I was surprised to find a linear story instead. Was a fun game, but it needs more replay value and I would rather have something like that then a few more levels.

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']I'll be honest the lack of voice chat has been the big reason why I haven't picked this up already... (the lack of a demo didn't help) but now that it's been out for so long I wonder if waiting for a sale would be the smartest thing to do...

Guess I wouldn't be on this forum if I didn't think that on some level. :lol:

So 15 bucks with voice chat... Worth it?[/QUOTE]

its a fun game defienlty has the mood down i got it at a discount though due to being a plus member id say wait and see if it ends up on sale during the spring sale.

[quote name='maxim2boobles']This game needs 4 player co-op. two players is nice but gets challenging in some areas at higher diffuculty[/QUOTE]

When you play 2 player I am pretty sure they up the difficulty. So chances are increasing it to 3 or 4 would just up it again and again kind of like it does in Diablo 2.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The few of you that are hoping for big things with the "surprises" are probably expecting too much. If they were adding new modes/content, it would've been mentioned up front as a big part of the update.[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing if anything it's probably a demo.

The game won for the game of the year and will be 50% off tomorrow. I'm just worried that this will be a free psn game.

[quote name='lokizz']its a fun game defienlty has the mood down i got it at a discount though due to being a plus member id say wait and see if it ends up on sale during the spring sale.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a plan. I got Dragon Age II coming out today anyhow. Thanks. :)

Edit:
[quote name='darken']The game won for the game of the year and will be 50% off tomorrow. I'm just worried that this will be a free psn game.[/QUOTE]

Looks like my sale is sooner rather than later. :)

Picked this up for 10 bucks or so. Worth every penny. What a fun little game. The way they used shadows and lighting is just crazy. Everything casts a shadow. Zombies look cool as shit when roaming around and light casts on them. They project a 20 foot tall shadow. Very cool.

Last edited by a moderator:
Def getting this game now that its on a sale, and a game that focus's on co-op will have voice chat patched in. sad they didnt have that at launch. its what kept me from buying it in first week.

Played the first...chapter/mission? Fun game. I've never been a huge fan of top-down perspective but this one is manageable. Really liking the simplicity. Flares, Grenades, and 2 types of guns. You can dash and melee, no complicated control schemes. Might have actually considered buying this had I had a demo or something :)

I can't play online for some reason. Every single time I go to try it, I find another player, the connection is red or orange we get into a game for literally 1 second then it tells me You have been disconnected.

What's the deal with multiplayer in this game?

[quote name='hustletron']I can't play online for some reason. Every single time I go to try it, I find another player, the connection is red or orange we get into a game for literally 1 second then it tells me You have been disconnected.

What's the deal with multiplayer in this game?[/QUOTE]

Thousands upon thousands of people flooding the servers, thats what.

[quote name='SynGamer']Played the first...chapter/mission? Fun game. I've never been a huge fan of top-down perspective but this one is manageable. Really liking the simplicity. Flares, Grenades, and 2 types of guns. You can dash and melee, no complicated control schemes. Might have actually considered buying this had I had a demo or something :)[/QUOTE]

But hey, free works right? ;p

It's pretty decent, I should go play it again some time.

And hey, syn, if you are ever up for some co-op action, lemme know.

[quote name='Foxx']Thousands upon thousands of people flooding the servers, thats what.[/QUOTE]
Ahhh. So that might be what's causing the issue. I tried playing co-op with a buddy from CAG/PSN last night and we tried 2-3x or so and kept getting the 'disconnected' thing after a couple of seconds of playtime.

Then again, I'm sure the fact I'm on the base 'crap' speed DSL(768kbps) doesn't help matters.:):booty:

Fun game, though I would NEVER have paid $14.99 for this, but thanks to Sony it was FREE so I'm happy with it. Albeit some of these floods of zombies coming after ya are just WTF!?!?!

It keeps matching me with people in other countries too, then disconnects me, I find it hard to believe that this game gets that many players but it has to be because I have a good connection.

My local buddy who tried playing co-op with me last night actually tried three seperate times sending me invites and the result was the exact same. So I could only imagine if I got paired up with someone from another country.

Speaking of other countries, did you know the US is spending YOUR tax dollars to help pro democracy(cuz ya know democracy has worked out soooooo well here:roll:) activists in other countries circumvent the internet blocking some nations like China have put up to prevent their citizens from freely and openly communicating on the internet?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-13010760

Where's my motherfuckin' tax money to help pay for good quality internet at non gouged prices, Obama?;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']My local buddy who tried playing co-op with me last night actually tried three seperate times sending me invites and the result was the exact same. So I could only imagine if I got paired up with someone from another country.

Speaking of other countries, did you know the US is spending YOUR tax dollars to help pro democracy(cuz ya know democracy has worked out soooooo well here:roll:) activists in other countries circumvent the internet blocking some nations like China have put up to prevent their citizens from freely and openly communicating on the internet?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-13010760

Where's my motherfuckin' tax money to help pay for good quality internet at non gouged prices, Obama?;)[/QUOTE]

Hahaha...your kids are going to love you. I take it youre an anarchist then?

[quote name='ssjmichael']yeah virgins typically don't have kids[/QUOTE]
Who said I'm a virgin?;):razz: How do ya know I'm not like Captain Kirk n have kids all over that I just don't know about?:booty:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Who said I'm a virgin?;):razz: How do ya know I'm not like Captain Kirk n have kids all over that I just don't know about?:booty:[/QUOTE]

because youre cheap you say so yourself all the time and i dont think any woman would be willing to go dutch with you on a condom lol.

[quote name='lokizz']because youre cheap you say so yourself all the time and i dont think any woman would be willing to go dutch with you on a condom lol.[/QUOTE]

That's the line of the month right there. He's the guy that makes a girl eat all her dinner, finish her drink, and stay for the entire movie including credits even though she's basically sending the go signal. "Can you put your panties back on? I paid $20 for these movie tickets not including the extra large popcorn you insisted on."

[quote name='lokizz']because youre cheap you say so yourself all the time and i dont think any woman would be willing to go dutch with you on a condom lol.[/QUOTE]
:lol: Nah. There's some things you just don't skimp on.:booty:
[quote name='depascal22']That's the line of the month right there. He's the guy that makes a girl eat all her dinner, finish her drink, and stay for the entire movie including credits even though she's basically sending the go signal. "Can you put your panties back on? I paid $20 for these movie tickets not including the extra large popcorn you insisted on."[/QUOTE]
Oh hell no. I have my priorities in order there.;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']My local buddy who tried playing co-op with me last night actually tried three seperate times sending me invites and the result was the exact same. So I could only imagine if I got paired up with someone from another country.[/QUOTE]I understand this part of your post... and agree with it on many parts... but, politics? In the middle of a thread about Dead Nation? Really?

Why?

This is just the best.

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']I understand this part of your post... and agree with it on many parts... but, politics? In the middle of a thread about Dead Nation? Really?

Why?[/QUOTE]

I was wondering the same thing.

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']I understand this part of your post... and agree with it on many parts... but, politics? In the middle of a thread about Dead Nation? Really?

Why?[/QUOTE]
It pertained to how our government can spend millions helping citizens of foreign nations to experience freedom of speech by using our tax dollars to circumvent their own nations' blocking programs, yet they can't be bothered to spend enough to prevent companies from gaining monopolies in areas and gouging out the wazoo for services(ie internet, phone, cable, etc).
[quote name='unless']I was wondering the same thing.[/QUOTE]
I'm wondering how the heck one has only 11 posts in almost six years here. No deal(s) get you excited enough to log in or to at least say thanks for helping me find a deal? No offense meant really, but I am super thankful every day I'm here and watch my backlog grow due to another insane deal I can't pass up.;)

Maybe I should actually post LESS, but I really think at times the site could eliminate or lessen some expenses if they'd just cut some of the chaff or at least require a certain level of activity to remain a member here.

There's people here that don't post for years or they only sign up to beg for a 48 hour XBL trial or post spam. I know Cheapy just put a first posting freeze on new members for X amount of time, but just like AOL used to have it, I really think the site could benefit from an inactivity boot.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']It pertained to how our government can spend millions...[/QUOTE]

I applauded your carrying but this isn't the right thread for that discussion. Frankly, its not even close... I think you would get a better response on a forum that specializes in political debate... or if you want to talk politics with your cheap ass gamer brethren try this forum:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12

Glad I got it for free, it's already getting a little repetitive in the 3rd mission. Play for a bit, areas which have been cleared suddenly have tons of zombies respawn, rinse and repeat. That the camera angle often blocks your view of certain alleys (or in the case of the park) complete areas of the level so you get cheapshot and it can get somewhat annoying. Maybe it is more enjoyable in coop.

Why?[/QUOTE]

While I agree, why here, but the following posts could also be faced with the same question. The immature follow up posts by others really paints a great picture.

At any rate, I decided to beat the game solo because the online was not working, now I don't even know if I want to play online when it's gonna be the same exact experience.

I always love free, but the pickings were slim as far as the Welcome Back program and it's a shame this was one of the best offerings.

For what it is, it's great, but I'd never pay to play this. I doubt I'll even end up playing LBP.

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']I applauded your carrying but this isn't the right thread for that discussion. Frankly, its not even close... I think you would get a better response on a forum that specializes in political debate... or if you want to talk politics with your cheap ass gamer brethren try this forum:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12 [/QUOTE]
I do post there sporadically as well. Sorry for the OT thing. Back on topic, this is a hell of a game and well worth the price, but as guardian_owl said below free is about the right price.
[quote name='guardian_owl']Glad I got it for free, it's already getting a little repetitive in the 3rd mission. Play for a bit, areas which have been cleared suddenly have tons of zombies respawn, rinse and repeat. That the camera angle often blocks your view of certain alleys (or in the case of the park) complete areas of the level so you get cheapshot and it can get somewhat annoying. Maybe it is more enjoyable in coop.[/QUOTE]
Have you tried using the long range sniper mode on the main rifle with the infinite ammo to take out 2-3 zombies at a clip from a distance?

I started doing that when I'd see 3-5 of them milling about in a section above me.

But it seems like when one group of zombies 'screams' or whatever that tends to call in reinforcements.:whistle2:#

[quote name='hustletron']While I agree, why here, but the following posts could also be faced with the same question. The immature follow up posts by others really paints a great picture.[/QUOTE]

*Shrug* My first thought was to report his post, and truthfully, a few of the follow ups... but have you ever their warnings on that thing? Sounds like they really only want to hear about spam and nothing else.

Anyhow, more than willing to move on from that...

[quote name='hustletron']For what it is, it's great, but I'd never pay to play this. I doubt I'll even end up playing LBP.[/QUOTE]

I actually bought this game as part of the spring sale and, well, really haven't done much with it... Truth be told when i got it I was just happy that they listened and patched voice chat into the game... so I really got it for the co-op...

Hopefully when the servers calm down I can find a co-op buddy for it...

PS You really should give LBP a try. Its pretty darn good. (Its also hard not to smile while playing it. The games got soul.)

bread's done
Back