Dead Nation - PSN - $14.99 - Platinum Trophy! - Road of Devastation out 9/27 for $4

This game is really a lot of fun... kind of reminds me of that one free Steam game. I forget what it's called, but yeah... This is one solid game. Well worth the $15. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
you guys speak of getting psn points on the cheap.... i have never once found them at anything below retail, i find MS points all the time on the cheap though... so frustrating TYIA

[quote name='Thrice5']you guys speak of getting psn points on the cheap.... i have never once found them at anything below retail, i find MS points all the time on the cheap though... so frustrating TYIA[/QUOTE]

K-Mart had a sale a few months ago where a $20 PSN card netted you a $10 coupon off a future PS3 gaming purchase. Several of us used it to buy another $20 at half off. I did that six times in a week and netted $120 for $70. Now combine that with GameSharing and I've got more PSN games than I have time to play.

[quote name='freakyzeeky']This game is really a lot of fun... kind of reminds me of that one free Steam game. I forget what it's called, but yeah... This is one solid game. Well worth the $15. :D[/QUOTE]

Alien Swarm?

I'm thinking of getting this, but the $15 has me balking a bit. It has MP right? And is it local or online if it does?

[quote name='depascal22']K-Mart had a sale a few months ago where a $20 PSN card netted you a $10 coupon off a future PS3 gaming purchase. Several of us used it to buy another $20 at half off. I did that six times in a week and netted $120 for $70. Now combine that with GameSharing and I've got more PSN games than I have time to play.[/QUOTE]

See I did not manage to get in on any sales, instead I paid full price for my card with credit I got from flipping games for profit. I bought 6 copies of Black ops during the b2g1 sale that stacked with 26% off for $160 then turned around and sold them to gamestop for about $250. End of the day I walked away with almost $100 extra credit to cash paid, I then bought a few PSN cards. So I am looking at it as if you can game the system at gamestop or amazon then get PSN cards its like buying PSN points on the cheap. Nice thing is I have another 6 copies coming to flip ;) Hopefully the price the game is worth holds up!

protip: change the weapon/item buttons to the face buttons so you don't have to stop running to switch weapons when you're getting chased by a pack of zombies.

[quote name='ninja dog']protip: change the weapon/item buttons to the face buttons so you don't have to stop running to switch weapons when you're getting chased by a pack of zombies.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the "protip". I did not even think of looking into changing the controls last night, but now that you mention it, that is a great idea. I remember getting hit several times while fumbling for the right weapon. The game is a lot of fun and I love seeing how I contribute to our nations score after each level.

Played a couple of levels yesterday evening with a friend online. Wish there was voice chat, but we used Ventrilo anyways. Pretty cool game, especially the lighting effects in some areas.

Id like to try and plat this game, but need a partner online to do co-op. If anyone is interested, I play after 10pm ET normally and my ID is wrencrest.

[quote name='wrencrest']Id like to try and plat this game, but need a partner online to do co-op. If anyone is interested, I play after 10pm ET normally and my ID is wrencrest.[/QUOTE]

I might be interested after I get in to the game a bit. Feel free to shoot me a friend invite(MSI Magus)and we can try and work out a time.

So I am DEF enjoying this game, but I feel its not doing a good job explaining most of the stuff. For example what the hell is the online infection for your nation thing? It shows it being at like 25% or something like that right now, and I assume when it hits 100% that means the infection stops....but how does that effect the game/me?

When i start a new game on a harder difficulty will my weapons or anything carry over? What about online play? I just feel like I keep finding questions but not answers.

how the fuck does this game not have voice chat?! god damnit housemarque. communication and planning with your partner is a huge part of the game. YOU NEED TO BE ABLE TO TALK WITH THEM.

This game desperately needs a button that to hold you in place and be able to shoot and aim 360 degrees. That would be so perfect. :cry:

Anyway, I love the game and I don't know why people are complaining about the game being too dark, I'm still able to see if I'm being hit by zombies or if they're close enough without having to shine my flashlight at them.

Also, after a 3rd playthrough of the first level, I also found out about the loot hidden in the trunk of the cars. I'm still trying to get the hang of it and not lose my multiplier before going to the next levels.

This is the scariest top down 3rd person shooter I've ever played.

* Right Stick to stay in place and shoot. Doh! u_u

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm on the fence about picking this up. If it was $10 I'd be all over it...and I feel like they would sell so many more copies at $10 from loads of cheap people like me that pricing at $15 or $10 isn't really going to change profits all that much.

They must know they have a winner though, bc I'm about to fold and get this, but my current playlist needs to thin out a bit.

[quote name='Abear21']I'm on the fence about picking this up. If it was $10 I'd be all over it...and I feel like they would sell so many more copies at $10 from loads of cheap people like me that pricing at $15 or $10 isn't really going to change profits all that much.

They must know they have a winner though, bc I'm about to fold and get this, but my current playlist needs to thin out a bit.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this new $15 price tag aint working for me. $15 is more then id pay for a game day 1 and since Sony only seems capabable of doing 50% off a sale they go on sale for $7.50 which seems an odd price and also is outside the $1-$5 impulse sale purchase.

So glad they're adding voice chat, pretty ridiculous that it wasn't there to begin with.

Absolutely loving this game so far. Started enjoying it much more once I moved the d-pad controls to the face buttons. One thing I don't understand is a lot of reviewers complaining about the darkness of the game. That's my favorite part!

My tv doesn't do black levels to well, so I usually have to up gamma on everything. After the reviews, the first thing I did was turn this games gamma all the way up after install. I still have hard time seeing. But I like it too, but I can't imagine what it is like at the normal setting.

[quote name='MSI Magus']So I am DEF enjoying this game, but I feel its not doing a good job explaining most of the stuff. For example what the hell is the online infection for your nation thing? It shows it being at like 25% or something like that right now, and I assume when it hits 100% that means the infection stops....but how does that effect the game/me?

When i start a new game on a harder difficulty will my weapons or anything carry over? What about online play? I just feel like I keep finding questions but not answers.[/QUOTE]
This guy says the armor carries over and so do your kill counts and such.
http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/dead-nation/81812-dead-nation-trophy-guide-roadmap.html

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']WTF ?!?! this game doesnt already have voice chat ? what a fucking lazy developer. seriously what in the hell were they thinking ?[/QUOTE]

Yeah. No voice chat is inexcusable. It's a really stupid decision. I have no idea how they could have overlooked something like that, unless they were in a rush to get it out the door.

[quote name='Blackout']Yeah. No voice chat is inexcusable. It's a really stupid decision. I have no idea how they could have overlooked something like that, unless they were in a rush to get it out the door.[/QUOTE]

Someone at another site posted that the developers plan to patch in voice support later and that they are actively working on it.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Someone at another site posted that the developers plan to patch in voice support later and that they are actively working on it.[/QUOTE]

That's great and all, but the game is out now. Voice chat is a feature that should have been out day one. There's really not a valid excuse as to why it's not already in the game.

[quote name='Blackout']That's great and all, but the game is out now. Voice chat is a feature that should have been out day one. There's really not a valid excuse as to why it's not already in the game.[/QUOTE]

I disagree. Many many many gamers still play games offline/solo. I would be suprised if most people are even trying to play online at this point, I know no one on my friends list is. So if their choice is delay the game another few weeks or even month, or put the game out now and let people enjoy it then patch in voice support when its done....I think the choice is obvious.

I think the problem is that some of you are hardcore online buffs and forget that most of the gaming world still is not. I mean christ just listen to a podcast these days and they will pitch a fit if online is not in a game, and they all suck at the tit of XBL because all their friends use it.

[quote name='MSI Magus']I disagree. Many many many gamers still play games offline/solo. I would be suprised if most people are even trying to play online at this point, I know no one on my friends list is. So if their choice is delay the game another few weeks or even month, or put the game out now and let people enjoy it then patch in voice support when its done....I think the choice is obvious.

I think the problem is that some of you are hardcore online buffs and forget that most of the gaming world still is not. I mean christ just listen to a podcast these days and they will pitch a fit if online is not in a game, and they all suck at the tit of XBL because all their friends use it.[/QUOTE]

what he said.

I just logged on and there was a new patch. It looks like Voice chat is already going live. So again, can you tell me that them releasing the game a whole 2 days before voice chat is ready is such an unforgivable sin? As I said evn if it had been a month it would not be a big deal!

[quote name='MSI Magus']I just logged on and there was a new patch. It looks like Voice chat is already going live. So again, can you tell me that them releasing the game a whole 2 days before voice chat is ready is such an unforgivable sin? As I said evn if it had been a month it would not be a big deal![/QUOTE]

That's good they got it out so quick. I was under the assumption it would take a week or so, or a recent example that comes to mind, a month like the Tomb Raider game.

No big deal after a month though? You're pushing it on that one. :)

Doesn't look like it's the voice patch. Pretty sure that while Sony is quick on patch approval, it'd take more than 24 hours to get it made, tested and approved.

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']WTF ?!?! this game doesnt already have voice chat ? what a fucking lazy developer. seriously what in the hell were they thinking ?[/QUOTE]

Considering they went ahead and worked overtime just to add online co-op for release, it's a bit ridiculous to call them lazy.

Hell, they could have waited to add that later like some other recent games...

[quote name='8bitArtist']it would be nice if they tell us what that 35mb's actually did for the game.[/QUOTE]

/nod that is a big complaint I have with the PSN patch system. When it tells you a new patch for a game is available you should be able to read what the update is!

[quote name='MSI Magus']/nod that is a big complaint I have with the PSN patch system. When it tells you a new patch for a game is available you should be able to read what the update is![/QUOTE]

Some games like High Velocity Bowling have an "update history" option when you highlight it and hit Triangle.

the patch was probably for that glitch ign mentioned about it freezing if you have a full friends list. thats just a guess though. no idea what else it could be.

This game is pretty tough. I died like 10 times on level 4 before i figured out I had to turn on the elevator through the generator, and then hit the button actually on it. I then died 5 times on the begining of the next level when those big zombies that swing some saw or weapon come running at me. Looks like a China town type level. All this just on normal setting.

[quote name='wrencrest']This game is pretty tough. I died like 10 times on level 4 before i figured out I had to turn on the elevator through the generator, and then hit the button actually on it. I then died 5 times on the begining of the next level when those big zombies that swing some saw or weapon come running at me. Looks like a China town type level. All this just on normal setting.[/QUOTE]

I started on the easy setting and almost have the game beat, only one death so far and it was when I had two of the giant guys that jump up and land near you for massive damage both from off screen hit me at the same time as two fat zombies popped on me. I tonight or tomorrow will probably jump from the easiest setting to the hardest and report back how difficulty is then.

I don't like the spawning this does in some areas. I got to one point where I walked out of the gate and clear area. Then moved forward slightly until I heard zombies behind me and quickly rushed back.

Caught them just spawning out of thin air there on the outside of the gate that had sealed shut behind me.

[quote name='NamPaehc']I don't like the spawning this does in some areas. I got to one point where I walked out of the gate and clear area. Then moved forward slightly until I heard zombies behind me and quickly rushed back.

Caught them just spawning out of thin air there on the outside of the gate that had sealed shut behind me.[/QUOTE]
I guess they must be City of the Living Dead-style teleporting zombies, ;) see 9 minute mark. teleporting zombies

Wow, just wow! The last stage of this game is CRAZY! There were dozens of zombies on the screen constantly and many times it seriously tosses like a 100-200 at you! Multiple times it also would toss several boss zombies at you all at once too! I was thinking of hopping up to the hardest difficulty, but I think I may just go up one or two difficulties instead!

started this game on grim with local 2 player and that shit was tough! I really like the game so far. I did the single player grim setting and it was much easier. Still couldn't beat level one yet after an hour or so.

My favorite part of the game is leveling up the weapons and it's difficulty.

Another thing that bothered me was the inclines. I baited a mob of zombies up a ramp thinking I could pick them off as they came up. Well, since they aren't on the same height as you the guy just shoots over their hits instead of down the ramp. And I thought I had a great tactic for that section lol..

Just got done playing single, gotta try co-op soon. A lot of the middle levels were kinda boring (imo), towards the last 3 levels things started to pick up. The game wasn't too hard, but I only played it on normal. Things I learned is that the electric zapping gun and mines seems almost useless, and flares + explosives/shotguns works usually well.

Hope they release an add-on for some type of endless mode.

bread's done
Back