[DEAD]Rightstuf Holiday Countdown to 12+ 2013 is Complete. Sale items have been archived into this thread. Feel free to use as reference.

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Rightstuf Holiday Sale 2013 is Completed.

All sale items have been compiled into this thread.

Archived FAQ + Wave 1-2

Archived Wave 3, Days01-02

Archived Days03-05

Archived Days06-08

Archived Days09-11

Archived Days12-13

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OoS=May restock from time to time, but may not.

Low Stock=Quantity lower than 30

Backordered=Will be restocked

In Stock Currently=Previously backordered

Rightstuf FAQ

Q: Does Rightstuf charge for shipping?

A: If you are a domestic customer (US) and order over $49, Economy shipping is free.  Full shipping details here, http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/customerService/shipping/

Q: How quickly does Rightstuf ship out items?

A: At the beginning of the sales it will be rather fast, but as the sales get going it will get slower, and slower, as Rightstuf uses USPS for their Economy shipping, and just like every other retailer there will be delays.  Generally Rightstuf processes things pretty quickly.

Q: How can I tell if a title is subbed, or dubbed?

A: The title of each item will note if it is subbed, dubbed, or both.

(S)=Subbed

(D)=Dubbed

(Hyb)=Both

Q: Do these sales end once a new one begins?

A: Rightstuf sales all carry over until the end of each sale period, but stock will vary as each sale goes on.  The current waves will all be active until "11:59 p.m. CST on Cyber Monday (December 2, 2013)", although they have a tendency to go beyond as shown in previous years.

Q: If I don't find something I want in a particular sale should I wait?

A: Waiting is always a good option especially if you're having a hard time getting to $49 for the free shipping, however, if you plan to wait on items make sure to keep track of the stock of the item.

Q: If things go out of stock will they come back in stock?

A: When items on Rightstuf get below a certain quantity a counter will appear, so just remember to keep tabs on certain items you may want eventually, but not immediately.  Items do get restocked during these sales, but they're usually limited.

Q: Will Rightstuf ship my order out if some of my items are backordered/pre-order?

A: Rightstuf will generally hold the order until all items are available to be shipped together at once.  Occasionally they may split the orders up, and ship different parts even if it all of it can't be shipped together, but not often.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archived Wave 1

Wave 1:

Wave 2

Last edited by a moderator:
Is Legendary Heroes good? It's got great reviews and looks really good. I think I'd grab that if I can find other things by the end to get to free shipping.

Already have most of the good stuff. Though Chobits is tempting...

Is Utakata any good?
I eyeballed Utakata during last year's sale, but didn't pick it up. What I've gathered from reviews is that it's a magical girl series that deals with mature darker tones (like abuse and rape). The reviews were kind of mixed, and I think that if those reviews had been done after the release of Madoka they would have been even worse. I would say if you go into it expecting Madoka you'd probably be disappointed, but if you'd like a darker magical girl show that is a bit more grounded in the darker problems found in real life then it should deliver pretty well.

Then again, I thought Penguindrum was Kaleido-star so maybe my impressions aren't that useful ;)

The price on the Golgo sets are good, but just keep in mind the Blu-rays have pretty weak picture quality and aren't really an upgrade from the DVDs, which I got in last year's sale. So far I have Penguin Drum, Patlabor, and Toradora in my cart, but I'll keep waiting another day or two before checking out. Was kinda bummed that the Berserk movies are already out of stock, so I'm hoping they get back in beforehand.

Is Legendary Heroes good? It's got great reviews and looks really good. I think I'd grab that if I can find other things by the end to get to free shipping.
I liked it a lot. Good mix of comedy, action and drama. Waiting for a real sale price though :) My memory is that there was still room for another season based on where the story left off, but could be wrong. It's been a while since I watched it.

I liked it a lot. Good mix of comedy, action and drama. Waiting for a real sale price though :) My memory is that there was still room for another season based on where the story left off, but could be wrong. It's been a while since I watched it.
I liked it a lot too. Unfortunately the story is incomplete in the anime and it doesn't look like they're going to make any more; which is too bad since what's present is really god.

I liked it a lot too. Unfortunately the story is incomplete in the anime and it doesn't look like they're going to make any more; which is too bad since what's present is really god.
I'm really, really tired of this happening with anime. Either due to not completing the manga's story (Claymore) or because a final season/ova/whatever was just never made (Darker Than Black).

The price on the Golgo sets are good, but just keep in mind the Blu-rays have pretty weak picture quality and aren't really an upgrade from the DVDs, which I got in last year's sale. So far I have Penguin Drum, Patlabor, and Toradora in my cart, but I'll keep waiting another day or two before checking out. Was kinda bummed that the Berserk movies are already out of stock, so I'm hoping they get back in beforehand.
FYI, Toradora Vol. 1 + 2 is $49.99 at NISA's online store.

I'm really, really tired of this happening with anime. Either due to not completing the manga's store (Claymore) or because a final season/ova/whatever was just never made (Darker Than Black).
Gantz can be accused of that as well -.-. Not sure why they even start the anime if they can't finish it sensibly.

FYI, Toradora Vol. 1 + 2 is $49.99 at NISA's online store.
Hmmm, thanks for the heads up and if it wasn't a few bucks difference I would probably do a separate order, but I tend to just go with Right Stuf unless it's a difference of like $10 since I like how they pack stuff and the free shipping is fairly fast for me. I checked out the NISA holiday sale and it seems kind of lacking, and I've never been compelled to actually order from there to be honest.

Gantz can be accused of that as well -.-. Not sure why they even start the anime if they can't finish it sensibly.
Gantz was horrible for that! The anime only shows a tiny glimmer of what the show ends up being.

I do give the show credit for trying to give the characters actually character,which the manga lacked in the first two mission's.The characters were just a bunch of generic unlikable assholes at first,but that started to change on the third mission.

Gantz was horrible for that! The anime only shows a tiny glimmer of what the ends up being.

I liked Toradora, but I didn't like it so much that I'd pay $50 for DVDs...that's nuts.
Eh, most NISA stuff is generally priced more than it could be, but it's still more reasonable than Aniplex. I've actually never seen Toradora, only read the first light novel a few years ago and kinda forget most of it other than thinking I'd like to check out more.

At least the sale is giving me some motivation to watch some of the series I bought during last years sale. Hopefully I will get through the 2-3 that are left, before new shinnies arrive.

Wondering if it is worth douping dipping if I already have the CPM releases?

:rofl:
The first two CPM sets also had almost no borders on their subtitles, making them a bitch to read. They did the same thing with their early Utena discs, too. I don't miss CPM one bit.

Yes! Another went on sale. I'll put in an order for that along with Legend of the blah blah blah and that will be me done for the year. 

I was hoping Rightstuf would list GTO 14 Days in Shonan for sale.  I only needed the last two volumes to complete the set, but they aren't on sale.  Which is odd because all their other manga deals have included the entire run.  Hopefully they'll add them later.

Wow I'm building up an expensive cart since I don't have a lot of these shows.

Currently have both seasons of World God Only Knows, Heaven's Memo Pad, Ghost Hound, and Fate/Stay Night DVD.

Okay, now we're talking! "Another" was a great/creepy series. I will definitely get a copy at that price before the sale is over.

Is anyone else's cart emptying after a few days, so I keep losing potential things I want. Does the rightstuff store automatically do that?

Yea, after about 90 minutes or so your cart automatically empties. You need to move it to the "Save For Later" section.

Does anyone know if there is any difference between the ADV Saiyuki and the newer AEsir Saiyuki?

I assume they are the same aside from packaging, since they are the same company, and the newer one is just a re-release.
AEsir is actually part of the ADV spawning, as is Section 23, so it's just branded under the AEsir name, but same company, same release, just repackaged, and rebranded.

Although if you ask the employees they will quickly point out that ADV still exists. They're the ones who did the recent re-release of Elfen Lied.

Alright, so I just checked on rightstuf about the first order I made, and the status of my order is cancelled. Everything is available and in stock and I never cancelled my order. Has this happened to anyone else? Should I just reorder everything?

Alright, so I just checked on rightstuf about the first order I made, and the status of my order is cancelled. Everything is available and in stock and I never cancelled my order. Has this happened to anyone else? Should I just reorder everything?
That's strange. Does it say why it was cancelled? Perhaps there was a payment problem? I'd give them a call on Monday and find out what's up before placing another order.

https://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/customerService/contact/

Hmmm, another day I don't really see anything to buy. Maybe Space Pirates, but other than that nothing else really.

For those that want Shakugan no Shana Amazon prices are cheaper.  They have both parts of season 3 for about $25 each.

I wish they would just restock Black Butler already, so they can ship my order.

They restocked it once, but within the hour it went into backorder again, and ever since then it's still not in.  It's like they only ordered 10 last time for it to run out that fast.  DAMN YOOO RIGHTSTUF!

bread's done
Back