Dead Space 2 and Medal of Honor Limited Edition for PS3

earvcunanan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
300 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
they better include it for the 360 version or for sure i'm pirating the hell outta it. i was planning on buying it day one but buttfucking x360 owners isn't cool.

[quote name='sota2000']Took advantage of that EA store coupon a while back and have on pre-order for $42.45[/QUOTE]

Same here, very glad it sounds like it's gonna be an instant-upgrade to the CE version so I don't have to change it. :)

[quote name='FiendCameron']they better include it for the 360 version or for sure i'm pirating the hell outta it. i was planning on buying it day one but buttfucking x360 owners isn't cool.[/QUOTE]
Buttfucking Xbox owners is the name of this game, sorry.

[quote name='Darknyss']Sure, it's coming right after the trophy patch for MGS4 :lol:[/QUOTE]

Dead Space will get a move patch for sure... bioshock and Killzone 2 too!!!
MGS4 trophy patch already have a release date... the same as Gran turismo 5!!!:bouncy:

[quote name='ludwigfrech']Dead Space will get a move patch for sure... bioshock and Killzone 2 too!!!
MGS4 trophy patch already have a release date... the same as Gran turismo 5!!!:bouncy:[/QUOTE]

So MGS4 is getting trophies in November? Cool!

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']Hmmm...Move is $59.99 + $29.99 + Eyetoy price, right?

I might bite depending on if a nice bundle comes along.

I can't believe they're making a Sly collection but no Team Ico collection.[/QUOTE]

Move is $49.99 for the Move controller and $29.99 (or lower if you find a used PS3 Eyetoy) for the camera. IGN just listed you can use your Dualshock controller in the place of the Navigation controller (a la nunchuk). Apparently, all you need is access to the analog stick and L1 and L2 buttons. Hold your DS controller in one hand with those buttons and then use your Move. This is preferable to me since it seems at least a few games will be played by having two Move controllers and I'd rather not spend the $30 on a superfluous add on.

With no mention of The Last Guardian at this year's E3, I believe Sony knows this game will be coming out next holiday season. Rumors have been swirling about a Team Ico Compilation for a while, so I believe its real. I think they're planning on getting it out in time for The Last Guardian's release next year. GoW Collection for holiday 2009, Sly Collection for holiday 2010, Team Ico Collection for Holiday 2011. Hopefully a Jak & Daxter or Ratchet and Clank Collection for Holiday 2012...

Then in 2013 when the new PS4 Xtreme launches, they'll probably give us the Killzone Collection. ;)

My question I can't find the answer to is I see lots of people saying RE5 Gold will get Move support. What about RE5 standard? No Move support? RE5 Gold is just RE5 with a few extra modes? Does anyone know if its really only RE5 Gold?

[quote name='Saix_XIII']So it's a free upgrade? I thought so but a friend of mine said no. Considering it was EA I figured it was going to be the same thing as Bad Company 2/Dante's Inferno that people who buy the game at launch new get the LE.

I hope this is true because WOOOOO! I am a HUGE Dead Space fan and when amazon had this up for $50 I added it to my 30% off order so for $35 I am really thrilled to get the game plus Extraction (since I don't own a Wii I really wanted this to come out for PSN/Move)

WOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The $100 bundle doesn't include the Navigation part (analog stick). From what I can figure out you can use a normal SIXAXIS/DS3 instead, but the Navigation part is much more convenient.

Here are the ways Move is going to be sold:
Move (Wand): $50
Navigation (Analog): $30
Bundle (Includes Move, Navigation, and Sports Champions): $100[/QUOTE]
You just contradicted yourself there.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Wow, gotta say, I have personally bought almost every, single multi-console game on the 360 over the last couple of years. This will make me go with Dead Space on the PS3.[/QUOTE]
Same here.

[quote name='Busyman']You just contradicted yourself there.[/QUOTE]

When he said the bundle included Navigation, I think he meant, "camera."

Personally, I think the bundle sucks. The camera costs $30, the Move costs $49.99, and I really don't give a flying f___ about another Wii Sports clone.

I wish they'd give me a Double Move, Navigation, and Camera bundle. Call it the Sony PS3 Move Essentials Bundle, available for a limited time. Knock $30 off the total price and say the Camera is essentially bundled for free.

Also, the other exclusive Sony nabbed at E3, Medal of Honor CE, is $59.99 on Gamestop's website as well. It comes with an updated version of Medal of Honor Frontline I believe.

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']When he said the bundle included Navigation, I think he meant, "camera."

Personally, I think the bundle sucks. The camera costs $30, the Move costs $49.99, and I really don't give a flying f___ about another Wii Sports clone.

I wish they'd give me a Double Move, Navigation, and Camera bundle. Call it the Sony PS3 Move Essentials Bundle, available for a limited time. Knock $30 off the total price and say the Camera is essentially bundled for free.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I meant camera, my mistake.

The bundle is useless IMO as well, but if that's the only way the camera is available (since Eye of Judgement is no longer being made as far as I know) then when people want to get the Move that's the only way they can do it sadly.

The price of that bundle would be $150 or so which I think is too much to ask people to spend right off the bat for a new technology. In all honesty the $100 bundle is the Essentials Bundle. Comes with the Move, camera, and a game to use them with. The bundle you list is like a Deluxe Starter Kit or something like that.

No, it's multiplatform. This Special Edition with Extraction is PS3 exclusive though. Just like Medal of Honor.

Who here has played Dead Space on BOTH the xbox and ps3? I'm just curious if there's a preference for one system over the other, particularly on how the controls feel vs. each system. I currently have DS1 on Xbox and loved it, but some games I do see a 'difference' based on the system, like Bad Company 2 I prefer on PS3. Anyway, just curious as I may have to get the PS3 version of DS2 despite having the xbox version preorded from ea's site at $43...

Well now my next question. I have not played the first or extraction however I want to after seeing videos of the first one. Just one thing though from the videos it looks like it is 3rd person. I just want to make sure it is. I don't want to buy it on the PS3 or 360 and find out it is an FPS as I try to get them only on the PC if I can.

[quote name='sendme']Well now my next question. I have not played the first or extraction however I want to after seeing videos of the first one. Just one thing though from the videos it looks like it is 3rd person. I just want to make sure it is. I don't want to buy it on the PS3 or 360 and find out it is an FPS as I try to get them only on the PC if I can.[/QUOTE]

Extraction is the 'fps' rail shooter, whereas Dead Space 1 is 3rd person AWESOME!

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Comes with the Move, camera, and a game to use them with.[/QUOTE]

Here's the thing: They included Sports Champions. In every demo they've shown of it, you have to use two Move controllers to play the Archery game. So why wouldn't they bundle two Move controllers together with it?

[quote name='earvcunanan']The Sly Collection comes out around November and it'll probably retail for $39.99 like the GoW Collection did. Day one buy for me.

Btw, IGN says Move support for Extraction is optional.[/QUOTE]

Or you can buy them all for $22 at gamestop right now (or cheaper on ebay) and play these games on your PS2 .

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/search.aspx?N=0&Ntk=TitleKeyword&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntt=sly

This "rehash" of PS2 games for the PS3 is very lame ($40 come on, this should be $29.99 MSRP). HD upgrade? Please...

[quote name='oasisboy']Or you can buy them all for $22 at gamestop right now (or cheaper on ebay) and play these games on your PS2 .

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/search.aspx?N=0&Ntk=TitleKeyword&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntt=sly

This "rehash" of PS2 games for the PS3 is very lame ($40 come on, this should be $29.99 MSRP). HD upgrade? Please...[/QUOTE]

All 3 can be had for less on Amazon, still though, the collection looks awesome and if God of War is any indicator will not be $40 for very long. I see no reason to play the older ones at this point

Is DS 2 LE a separate version from the regular edition, or just a free, first run only upgrade from the regular one (like Dante's Inferno)?

[quote name='Sharkey1337']Who here has played Dead Space on BOTH the xbox and ps3? I'm just curious if there's a preference for one system over the other, particularly on how the controls feel vs. each system. I currently have DS1 on Xbox and loved it, but some games I do see a 'difference' based on the system, like Bad Company 2 I prefer on PS3. Anyway, just curious as I may have to get the PS3 version of DS2 despite having the xbox version preorded from ea's site at $43...[/QUOTE]

I actually have gotten a platinum on PS3 and 1000/1000 on 360 because I enjoyed it so much. I think both are very similar I just personally prefer the feel of the PS3 controller over the 360 one.

ps3 stepped up their game, looks like my ps3 game collection will start to grow now. i'm really looking forward to the sly collection, played the 1st one and still love it never picked up the 2nd or 3rd for some reason though, so now i can. also i dunno whether to get ac brotherhood, i want the extra mission but i have the first 2 for the 360.

Definitely in for Dead Space 2. Not so sure about Medal of Honor. It is a great offer. I'm just not sure how much I want to play a remastered PS2 FPS. I still haven't played the redone Call of Duty that was released alongside MW2. It is hard (for me) to get into obselete non-story driven FPS games without a strong nostalga factor.

[quote name='eau']Are these exclusive to GS?[/QUOTE]

No, at least from what I understand.

[quote name='eau']Is DS 2 LE a separate version from the regular edition, or just a free, first run only upgrade from the regular one (like Dante's Inferno)?[/QUOTE]

The normal PS3 version, similar to Divine Edition.

[quote name='DrNo888']What's the difference between DS and DS:Extraction?[/QUOTE]

Extraction is an on-the-rails shooter that serves as a prequel to Dead Space. It was previously exclusive to the Wii.

[quote name='paddlefoot']No, at least from what I understand.

The normal PS3 version, similar to Divine Edition.[/QUOTE]

I have a feeling it'll be a first run thing, sort of like Bad Company 2's Limited Edition. I mean it's called Limited Edition. You can't really call it that if they're going to sell it for years. Otherwise they'd call it a collector's or Special edition.

I wouldn't wait too long to pick this up.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I actually have gotten a platinum on PS3 and 1000/1000 on 360 because I enjoyed it so much. I think both are very similar I just personally prefer the feel of the PS3 controller over the 360 one.[/QUOTE]
Same here, except I prefer the 360 controller. :cool: But really, this kind of game the difference in controllers isn't going to affect you that much. This news makes this a day 1 PS3 purchase for me.

I wish they would have remastered the original Medal of Honor game. I still have that game and love it. I still remember the final mission where the V2 rockets explode and the Nazi scientists run around freaking out... it was such an awesome game!

Oh well. I'm glad to see Medal of Honor, SOCOM and Twisted Metal all coming back. All three were some of my absolute favorites as a kid.

Amazon doesn't have a choice for Limited Edition...do I just buy the normal one for both games and I auto-get Limited Edition?

[quote name='djricekcn']Amazon doesn't have a choice for Limited Edition...do I just buy the normal one for both games and I auto-get Limited Edition?[/QUOTE]

That should be the case, as it is for Medal of Honor (which I pre-ordered a couple months ago). It's similar to Dante's Inferno Divine Edition. The only version released for PS3 was the Divine Edition.

[quote name='Animefalcon']why wouldn't you use the move controller
its a light gun game, playing a light gun game on gamepad is fail[/QUOTE]

Is that a serious Q? Maybe people don't want to spend $80-100 to buy the Move+PS3 Eye?

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']I can't believe they're making a Sly collection but no Team Ico collection.[/QUOTE]

Has it been confirmed that the SotC/Ico collection won't be happening? That's really disappointing news, if so.

I may consider getting this, depending on what I feel when I play the original. I played the original for an hour and a half or so several months ago and wasn't terribly impressed. However, I rarely play 3rd person shooters and loved Resi 4 and 5, so I'll have to give DS a chance. It's the next game on my to play list after I finish beating Final Fantasy 13.

There was no mention of The Last Guardian at Sony's conference. I don't think an Ico/Sotc collection is coming though. It would be harder to do than the GOW collection, and Team ICO are obviously very busy right now.

Sony was able to get both GOWIII and GOW Collection because they were handled by different studios. I highly doubt people here would want the games remastered in the hands of anyone but Team ICO. I know I wouldn't.

Oh wow... I didn't realize that they would include the LE at no cost! Sweet!

I really wish they would release the original Medal of Honor with updated controls. That game was awesome.

[quote name='ssjmichael']There was no mention of The Last Guardian at Sony's conference. I don't think an Ico/Sotc collection is coming though. It would be harder to do than the GOW collection, and Team ICO are obviously very busy right now.

Sony was able to get both GOWIII and GOW Collection because they were handled by different studios. I highly doubt people here would want the games remastered in the hands of anyone but Team ICO. I know I wouldn't.[/QUOTE]

Very true. I guess I may as well just buy SOTC at some point in the near future. I already own Ico, which I bought near launch. I'm in no rush, as I've already played through most of SOTC [friend owned it], but I definitely would have jumped on the collection had it materialized.

[quote name='Lyricsborn']So MOH will be 2 disc or is there some downloadble code.[/QUOTE]

From a post I made early in THIS TOPIC:
This is more likely EAs choice to make it part of their early adopters benefit program or whatever it's called (I think it's like Project $10). Almost, if not, EVERY EA game comes with a code to redeem to either get more content or unlock features. Things like BC2's VIP and I think the new Tiger Wood's or online mode (not into sports games so not sure what game). So I am 100% positive this is going to be a code to redeem on PSN. This way it entices people to buy it new over used.

EDIT: And even if it was on a disc I doubt it would be two discs. RE5 Gold Edition contained all the DLC and the full game on 1 disc. FO3 GotY included the full game and all 5 DLC packs on 1 disc.

Man no love for the 360? Bummer. If I ever saw the Dead Space 2 LE for 20 bucks I'd double dip for sure.

i got a reply back from Amazon and they said that (at least the one that responded to me) said they have confirmed with their management or something that this both games doesn't come with the added games (Dead Space Extraction and the Medal of Honor HD). I also replied back with are you sure and the reply I got back was according to our supervisor, yes.

can anyone else confirm? I am not sure whether to cancel Amazon's order or not.

I think it's possible it could be on the disc itself. If it were DLC, it'd likely be 5-9GB's or higher no? I mean it's being remastered in HD so it's likely higher than the Wii's DVD version. That would be a pretty big download.

Don't cancel your Amazon order though, it's the only version the PS3 will get I think so you're pretty much guaranteed to get the LE. The game isn't coming out till next year, plenty of time for Amazon to update their page, and for more details to come out.

If I remember correctly, Dead Space Extraction for the Wii was something like 1.2gb big when it's scrubbed. I remember the game being not that big.

bread's done
Back