Dead Space 2 and Medal of Honor Limited Edition for PS3

earvcunanan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
300 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Saix_XIII']From a post I made early in THIS TOPIC:
This is more likely EAs choice to make it part of their early adopters benefit program or whatever it's called (I think it's like Project $10). Almost, if not, EVERY EA game comes with a code to redeem to either get more content or unlock features. Things like BC2's VIP and I think the new Tiger Wood's or online mode (not into sports games so not sure what game). So I am 100% positive this is going to be a code to redeem on PSN. This way it entices people to buy it new over used.

EDIT: And even if it was on a disc I doubt it would be two discs. RE5 Gold Edition contained all the DLC and the full game on 1 disc. FO3 GotY included the full game and all 5 DLC packs on 1 disc.[/QUOTE]

K, thanks man

[quote name='sdclippers']So is it on the disc or not?[/QUOTE]

Please read the thread this has been covered, besides how the hell should we know? This news is less than a week old and the game is a year away.

[quote name='darkcecil32']Has it been confirmed that the SotC/Ico collection won't be happening? That's really disappointing news, if so.
[/QUOTE]

No, it hasn't been confirmed either way. However, I'd say it's extremely likely it WILL be released given the trend we've been seeing, but there was no reason for them to announce it at E3 since they didn't mention The Last Guardian. In addition to being remasters of great games (GOW, Sly) they're also marketing tools for a new release (GOW3, and I'm guessing either Heroes on the Move or perhaps a Sly game is in the works too?).

Point is, they likely wouldn't release SotC/Ico remasters until near the release date of Last Guardian simply due to wanting marketing synergy, so there isn't a point of 'confirming' this will happen yet.

My bet is we'll see the HD compilation in 2011.

edited for clarity. added "will be released"

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Please read the thread this has been covered, besides how the hell should we know? This news is less than a week old and the game is a year away.[/QUOTE]

Then whats the point of reading the other posts if nobody knows. The game isn't a year away it comes out in October.

[quote name='sdclippers']Then whats the point of reading the other posts if nobody knows. The game isn't a year away it comes out in October.[/QUOTE]

Ok you got my on the release date. This thread used to be about just Dead Space 2 which comes out in January and I forgot that MoH is also part of this thread now.

The point in reading the other posts is that if was speculated one way and then the other. So read those to better understand the situation.

I got Medal of Honor back when EA.com had their great $20 off sale during PAX East. My PS3 library is small, so I got MoH on that on a whim and glad I did now! $40 for two games (granted the other is rather dated) isn't too bad.

I'll wait if EA.com has another PAX sale in September and keep a look out for Dead Space 2. Right now The Move intrigues me more than Microsoft's Kinect and Dead Space: Extraction HD nudges me further towards the PS3 offerings than ever.

[quote name='sdclippers']Then whats the point of reading the other posts if nobody knows. The game isn't a year away it comes out in October.[/QUOTE]

Medal of Honor: Frontline HD will also be sold separately as a standalone game via the PlayStation Store.

So these will be like the Dante's Inferno Special Edition, right?

I guess I'll pre-order Dead Space 2 closer to its' release.

[quote name='KingBroly']So these will be like the Dante's Inferno Special Edition, right?

I guess I'll pre-order Dead Space 2 closer to its' release.[/QUOTE]

All signs point to it being more like Bad Company 2 LE. Only the first batches of BC2 came with VIP codes, where as ALLLLL PS3 copies of Dante were the Inferno Edition.

This is my bet, DSE will be on the disc, but you will need to download a one time use unlock code to play it. Best of both worlds. EA cuts downloading costs, and still requires people to buy new.

If this is how it is, it almost would seem a little shady for the used crowd. You buy a limited edition only to find out you can't play the limited edition part of the game. EA is bringing it hard on the used game market.

[quote name='Nerv_001']This is my bet, DSE will be on the disc, but you will need to download a one time use unlock code to play it. Best of both worlds. EA cuts downloading costs, and still requires people to buy new.

If this is how it is, it almost would seem a little shady for the used crowd. You buy a limited edition only to find out you can't play the limited edition part of the game. EA is bringing it hard on the used game market.[/QUOTE]

I don't see anything shady. Gamestop or whom ever is selling the game used, needs to place a disclaimer on the product. You are not being shorted the original games content.

Kudos to EA with this move for DS2 and MoH, rather than having "extra" game content to the actual game.

Gamestop already had that shady "limited edition" for an earlier game (couple months ago, I forget which game) that ended up just being a code. It wasn't easy to know until launch day. Fraud.

I don't buy DLC, so I wanted DS2 + DS:E on disc. If it is DLC, I'll try other regions (EU or Asian versions).

As a last resort, I'll go back to my Wii version before supporting DLC. In any case, preordering now is too risky.

[quote name='Gamelore']Gamestop already had that shady "limited edition" for an earlier game (couple months ago, I forget which game) that ended up just being a code. It wasn't easy to know until launch day. Fraud.

I don't buy DLC, so I wanted DS2 + DS:E on disc. If it is DLC, I'll try other regions (EU or Asian versions).

As a last resort, I'll go back to my Wii version before supporting DLC. In any case, preordering now is too risky.[/QUOTE]

What's your reasoning for not supporting DLC?

[quote name='Nerv_001']This is my bet, DSE will be on the disc, but you will need to download a one time use unlock code to play it. Best of both worlds. EA cuts downloading costs, and still requires people to buy new.

If this is how it is, it almost would seem a little shady for the used crowd. You buy a limited edition only to find out you can't play the limited edition part of the game. EA is bringing it hard on the used game market.[/QUOTE]

Considering DS:E is going to be released on PSN I doubt it's going to be on the disc. They'll just give you a code that lets you download it.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Considering DS:E is going to be released on PSN I doubt it's going to be on the disc. They'll just give you a code that lets you download it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I understand that it's going to be on the psn, but it costs EA or sony money to download that 1.2 gig file. Bluray disc have more than enough space to put extra content on the disc, that's what I think is going to happen.

[quote name='Nerv_001']Yeah I understand that it's going to be on the psn, but it costs EA or sony money to download that 1.2 gig file. Bluray disc have more than enough space to put extra content on the disc, that's what I think is going to happen.[/QUOTE]

I'm curious because I don't know. Name me a game disc this gen that had a bonus HD remake old game included on the disc.

Dead Space 2 seems like an epic deal. (Wish the 360 would get it =/, even if it was XBLA). Though, MoH seems meh, especially with how buggy the beta is, and how bad the last games were

ea is gay

i didnt buy dantes inferno because of this same shit (ps3 limited edition exclusive)

tho i'll probably fold and still buy ds2, but i wont be happy about it... lol

Can't blame EA for throwing a bone to Sony platform owners since Sony and EA have always had a good relationship since the PS1 days. I prefer this sort of partnership, rather than the Activision/Microsoft one with "timed exclusive" DLC for over-priced maps.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']ea is gay

i didnt buy dantes inferno because of this same shit (ps3 limited edition exclusive)

tho i'll probably fold and still buy ds2, but i wont be happy about it... lol[/QUOTE]
If you have both consoles what's to bitch about? Buy the better version, in this case it would be PS3 by a long shot.

I'm just wondering if I can switch my EA Store pre-order? I already have MoH pre-ordered fpr PS3 but I have the 360 version of DS.

Edit: Is the Special Edition a GameStop exclusive? I don't see nay mention of anything on EA's actual store site.

I am definitely down for the Dead Space 2 special edition. I refuse to buy the Wii, therefore getting Extraction (for free) is a huge incentive. However, MOH is a definite 360 buy for me. I have to play the multiplayer on Xbox Live. I don't trust PSN to handle that many people trying to play on their servers.

After playing that medal of honor beta for ps3...

will never buy that game. Sure theres 3-4 months left in dev for that game. Give or take...

But...there are so many things wrong with that game....

[quote name='AFarewell2Arms']I am definitely down for the Dead Space 2 special edition. I refuse to buy the Wii, therefore getting Extraction (for free) is a huge incentive. However, MOH is a definite 360 buy for me. I have to play the multiplayer on Xbox Live. I don't trust PSN to handle that many people trying to play on their servers.[/QUOTE]
I have plenty of multiplayer games on PS3, including BF:BC2 and they all play great.
You do realize that the servers are provided and maintained by the developer, right? You don't actually think MS provides dedicated servers?
[quote name='gomikeoh']After playing that medal of honor beta for ps3...

will never buy that game. Sure theres 3-4 months left in dev for that game. Give or take...

But...there are so many things wrong with that game....[/QUOTE]
Keyword: beta.

What problems are you referring to? Besides the game freezing and some weird HUD zoom I think it's awesome.

I hope everyone realizes the main reason Sony got this Dead Space LE exclusive is because of the Playstation Move. If it wasn't for that, they wouldn't have ported that game from the Wii and there'd be no incentive to give to PS3 owners over the 360.

I'm still impressed they're not charging extra for it though. I'd probably still consider it if it were $69.99 and I'm sure others here would too.

[quote name='AFarewell2Arms']I am definitely down for the Dead Space 2 special edition. I refuse to buy the Wii, therefore getting Extraction (for free) is a huge incentive. However, MOH is a definite 360 buy for me. I have to play the multiplayer on Xbox Live. I don't trust PSN to handle that many people trying to play on their servers.[/QUOTE]

PS3 has no lag problems on any game i've ever played online, including all aaa multiplayer games like kz3, uc2, long time favs like warhawk, etc.

[quote name='Darknyss']Same here!

Dead Space 2 is one of the best looking games at E3 so far IMO. I'm glad we don't have to wait too long into 2011.[/QUOTE]

I'm so excited! It's being released on my birthday!

[quote name='affa']PS3 has no lag problems on any game i've ever played online, including all aaa multiplayer games like kz3, uc2, long time favs like warhawk, etc.[/QUOTE]

Me either. I almost always had problems playing online with Live, either lag, having my 360 lock up, or having little kids screaming at me the instant I joined a random game. I've had much, much better experiences with PSN.

[quote name='ravens52bears54']I have plenty of multiplayer games on PS3, including BF:BC2 and they all play great.
You do realize that the servers are provided and maintained by the developer, right? You don't actually think MS provides dedicated servers?[/QUOTE]

MW2 crashed on PSN shortly after launch. And I have found that multiplatform online games are generally better on the 360. I won't deny that first party titles seem to work just fine, it's just the multiplatform ones I feel are better on Xbox Live.

Never had a prob with any multiplatform title with regards to lag. I'm also pretty sure MW2 had some issues on the 360 version as well at launch...

Dead Space 2 for me on the PS3 is a no brainer because of the Extraction addition. If I were to get MoH though I would probably get it for PC but I did like Frontline back on the PS2. Hopefully this isnt only on first run copies so that would I could pick the PS3 version up during a price drop.

I wonder what Frontline HD will cost? If it's $20, plus Amazon will probably give a $20 credit with this game, it's like getting MOH for $20 in total. So, that's a pretty sickly deal, and I will buy it if that's the case. I got to get me a PS3 by then. >_

[quote name='gordojones88']I'm curious because I don't know. Name me a game disc this gen that had a bonus HD remake old game included on the disc.[/QUOTE]
None that I can think of, but that doesn't mean it can't be done. I was just thinking about how the game will fit on 1 dvd for the 360 which holds like 8 gigs right? So if they can fit the game on a dvd, they can fit the same game on a bluray disc and still have like 15 gigs left to use. That's why I think they will put it on the disc. But who knows really, either way I'm sure you will have to buy the game new to be able to play DS:E.

[quote name='Nerv_001']None that I can think of, but that doesn't mean it can't be done. I was just thinking about how the game will fit on 1 dvd for the 360 which holds like 8 gigs right? So if they can fit the game on a dvd, they can fit the same game on a bluray disc and still have like 15 gigs left to use. That's why I think they will put it on the disc. But who knows really, either way I'm sure you will have to buy the game new to be able to play DS:E.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, putting the bonus game on the disc would go against their new release model. Doing so makes a used copy more valuable. Doing it as DLC makes it more valuable to new buyers while preventing retailers from cashing in on the additional perceived value on used copies. As such, I really find it very, very unlikely this will be anything other than a DLC code.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Never had a prob with any multiplatform title with regards to lag. I'm also pretty sure MW2 had some issues on the 360 version as well at launch...[/QUOTE]

Neither have I. Admittedly I play more first party games than third but a problem with the PSN (lag, connectivity, etc.) has been just as uncommon for me as it was with Live.

sweet, well that just cements this even more as a PS3 pickup for me..hell I need to go back and finish part one. but seeing as if I waited for those to hit $20 before I got them, I just don't know about this..at least I'm getting 2 games for the price of one if I do grab it!

I can't imagine how this wouldn't end up being available separately on PSN and not tied to the title. I'd rather get DS2 on 360 as I bought the first one on 360 and just pick up DS: E HD on PSN.

IDK shrike, seems like they may want to keep file sizes small. Granted, inFamous may be huge, but i see that as being more b/c it's published by Sony and Dead Space is totally independent. If 3-4gb full size games were already the norm on PSN, I'd say definitely, but I think time is going to tell what games get the full treatment and which ones don't..

[quote name='token2k6']PS3 FTW! I'm liking all these PS3 comps..I've never played a Sly Cooper game in my life, but the fact that all 3 will be one disc? I'll get it, and I'll get this too!!

does anyone know if on all these games, using Move is just an option?? Like, I imagine when you see Heavy Rain listed w/ Move support, thats going to be thru a patch, not some re-released retail disc...(?)[/QUOTE]

The Sly Cooper games are easily some of my favorites ever made! Amazon has the collection available for preorder at $36.99... a steal if ever there was one!

[quote name='ssjmichael']BUMP!

Jeff at the PS blog just confirmed that Dead Space Extraction will be on the disc itself. So no code to DL it from PSN as many feared[/URL][/QUOTE]

Thanks so much for the update. Preordering immediately.

bread's done
Back