Dead Space 2 and Medal of Honor Limited Edition for PS3

earvcunanan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
300 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='shrike4242']I can't imagine how this wouldn't end up being available separately on PSN and not tied to the title. I'd rather get DS2 on 360 as I bought the first one on 360 and just pick up DS: E HD on PSN.[/QUOTE]

In true CAG fashion, why would you pay $15-$20 more for the same content IF you have both the 360 and PS3? Especially when the 2 versions will be comparable.

The only reasons I could think of is to have continuity in his collection (both for the same console) and maybe because he's used to the 360 controller for that game.

I asked Jeff if the game will be made available on PSN later on but I got in a little later than others so he probably won't reply. I'll update you all if he does.

After StarCraft 2 arrives today this is my most wanted game for the next year or so. Knowing that is now on the disc itself is awesome since it saves some HDD space, but I wasn't against it being a code to DL. I think this was more Visceral Games pushing for it since with EA's "Project Ten Dollar" I would think EA would want it to be a DL code.

I can't wait for this!!!!

I have to believe both "Medal of Honor: Frontline" and "Dead Space: Extraction" will be available on PSN sold separately at some point in the near future after this releases. It takes development time and money to port these games, money that both Sony and the developers will make back if they sell them on PSN store. Putting them and making them only available on the initial disc-only copies of these game makes little to no financial sense for companies that are out to make money. Unless Sony paid for the whole thing to port em over, and they don't want to sell em on PSN to make money (again, not common sense if true), so I would bet this would be available on PSN soon after, if not on XBLA too as well.

Preordered Dead Space 2 for PS3 on Amazon, but is it just me or are they not offering Release Date Delivery for it? I also ordered COD: Black Ops and that had release date delivery so I don't know whats up with this

[quote name='kjs7']Preordered Dead Space 2 for PS3 on Amazon, but is it just me or are they not offering Release Date Delivery for it? I also ordered COD: Black Ops and that had release date delivery so I don't know whats up with this[/QUOTE]

Release date delivery is usually only for a handful of titles, but most likely the closer we are to the actual release date, Amazon will add it in and you will be able to change shipping to release date delivery for it.

[quote name='nightmare452']Release date delivery is usually only for a handful of titles, but most likely the closer we are to the actual release date, Amazon will add it in and you will be able to change shipping to release date delivery for it.[/QUOTE]

Alright, cool. My only experience with RDD is with those two games and Mass Effect 2, so I just figured all games were supposed to have the option.

Got a reply from Jeff

My q: Jeff, is the DS2 LE truly limited? As in, it will only be available the first few months and then be replaced with a regular edition. And if so, will Dead Space extraction be sold separately on PSN? It’d be great to have it on there regardless. Thanks
A: That’s what I’m told – that it’s truly limited. Don’t know what would happen with Extraction after that.
*****Now what's really upsetting is his answer to another commenter's question*****
Q: Will you be able to play Dead Space Extraction with the regular controller or is a Move controller required?

A: I believe the Move controller is required, but that’s a good question for next time I visit the Visceral team.
While this is a port of a Wii game, I hope they're not stupid enough to make it a Move only game. I plan on getting the controller but I know many here aren't and this would be a pointless extra for such people.

[quote name='ssjmichael'] I haven't played the first DS yet but the sequel looked pretty sweet.[/QUOTE]

Watch this then, it pretty much sums up everything I have to say about dead space. http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/333-Dead-Space

[quote name='ssjmichael']While this is a port of a Wii game, I hope they're not stupid enough to make it a Move only game. I plan on getting the controller but I know many here aren't and this would be a pointless extra for such people.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that would suck if it was move only. I have no interest in it to begin with, but if I did I would hate to not be able to play it simply because I dont want to spend 130 bucks for a move and its hand accesories just so I can play a port of a shitty wii game. I wouldnt spend that much for a move on a game I actually want, no chance in hell I would do it for dead space extraction.

I actually bought the game after I said that ($10 EA store deal) so I'm going to try and get through it. If I can't in time, then I'll check out that link, thanks :)

[quote name='gordojones88']http://www.marketwatch.com/story/ea...-limited-edition-for-playstation-3-2010-06-15

"Dead Space Extraction will also be sold separately as a standalone game via the PlayStation Store."

* Posted for the third time now.[/QUOTE]

"Dead Space Extraction on PlayStation 3 will offer the entire single-player game complete with all-new trophy support, as well as co-op gameplay, using the new PlayStation Move motion controller, in addition to the standard DUALSHOCK controller. Dead Space Extraction will also be sold separately as a standalone game via the PlayStation Store."

SOURCE: Electronic Arts Inc.

Well now my next question. I have not played the first or extraction however I want to after seeing videos of the first one. Just one thing though from the videos it looks like it is 3rd person. I just want to make sure it is. I don't want to buy it on the PS3 or 360 and find out it is an FPS as I try to get them only on the PC if I can.

Dead Space is a third person survival horror game. Imagine it like Resident Evil 4 or 5 but a LOT better and this is coming from someone who loves the old school RE games and really enjoyed RE4/5.

[quote name='KingBroly']In true CAG fashion, why would you pay $15-$20 more for the same content IF you have both the 360 and PS3? Especially when the 2 versions will be comparable.[/QUOTE]

Because people are dumb with their loyalty to mega corporations. "I don't want it free, I want my collection to match!"

[quote name='Todd33']Because people are dumb with their loyalty to mega corporations. "I don't want it free, I want my collection to match!"[/QUOTE]

Not sure what that has to do with corporate loyalty. Personally, I have all three consoles, but I prefer the 360 controller for games of this type and would rather have it on the 360. I suppose I will wait to see what EA does with regard to an actual collector's edition for this game as a copy of a game I already own on the Wii is not enough incentive to buy the PS3 version.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Dead Space is a third person survival horror game. Imagine it like Resident Evil 4 or 5 but a LOT better and this is coming from someone who loves the old school RE games and really enjoyed RE4/5.[/QUOTE]

Yeh Dead Space was AWESOME. Played through it three times and will do so again before #2 comes out.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Got a reply from Jeff

*****Now what's really upsetting is his answer to another commenter's question*****
While this is a port of a Wii game, I hope they're not stupid enough to make it a Move only game. I plan on getting the controller but I know many here aren't and this would be a pointless extra for such people.[/QUOTE]

...that sucks.

Here is the chronological order of the Dead Space franchise:

'Dead Space' - comic book with 6 issues, is also an animated comic book via PSN/XBL
'Dead Space: Extraction' - Wii game
'Dead Space: Downfall' - animated film, direct prequel to Dead Space
'Dead Space' - PS3/360
'Dead Space: Aftermath' - second animated feature, what happened to marker after Isaac left.
'Dead Space: Salvage' - second graphic novel, what happened to Ishimura after Isaac departed.
'Dead Space: Ignition' - PSN/XBLA collection of 3 games, prequel to Dead Space 2.
'Dead Space 2' - what happens to Isaac on the space station "Sprawl".

"Dead Space Extraction on PlayStation 3 will offer the entire single-player game complete with all-new trophy support, as well as co-op gameplay, using the new PlayStation Move motion controller, in addition to the standard DUALSHOCK3 and SIXAXIS controllers. Dead Space Extraction will also be sold separately as a standalone game via the PlayStation Store."

SOURCE: Electronic Arts Inc.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/ea...-limited-edition-for-playstation-3-2010-06-15

I was hoping to pick up Dead Space 2 a month or two after its release at a cheaper price...but since the LE with Extraction might actually be limited, may have to pick it up sooner that I thought...

Oh well, I have months to decide.

[quote name='gordojones88']Here is the chronological order of the Dead Space franchise:

'Dead Space' - comic book with 6 issues, is also an animated comic book via PSN/XBL
'Dead Space' - PS3/360
'Dead Space: Aftermath' - second animated feature, what happened to marker after Isaac left.
'Dead Space: Salvage' - second graphic novel, what happened to Ishimura after Isaac departed.
'Dead Space: Ignition' - PSN/XBLA collection of 3 games, prequel to Dead Space 2.

.[/QUOTE]

dead space extraction comic book

[quote name='kidrocklive']Yeh Dead Space was AWESOME. Played through it three times and will do so again before #2 comes out.[/QUOTE]

I liked it so much that after I got a platinum on the PS3 version I traded it for a 360 copy and 1000/1000'd it then traded in back for PS3 so when I get DS2 on PS3 they'll match, plus since from what I recall DS2 is going to have online and a friend of mine is getting it on PS3 as well I wanted to get it so we could play it online.

[quote name='gordojones88']Here is the chronological order of the Dead Space franchise:

'Dead Space' - PS3/360

.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for this. Is Aftermath and/or Salvage out right now? Also, the Ignition game is coming out this fall, right?

EDIT: I did some searching and neither of those are out, they were just announced at Comic-Con.

Are people still debating over Move for Extraction? In June it was confirmed to be compatible with Move or the DS3, although Move will obviously be the best way to play.

[quote name='KingBroly']In true CAG fashion, why would you pay $15-$20 more for the same content IF you have both the 360 and PS3? Especially when the 2 versions will be comparable.[/QUOTE]We don't know if they'll be comparable, only when we get close to release. There's been plenty of multi-platform games that have been better on one console than the other, and again, we'll see what happens.

Plus, I have a pre-order for the 360 version locked in with Amazon when they had it for $42.65, so it would be the same price essentially for me with the added PSN content for DS: E (HD), if I replaced that pre-order with the PS3 version.

And in true CAG fashion, I'd pay the right price for the right version of the game that looks the best and plays the best.

[quote name='ssjmichael']The only reasons I could think of is to have continuity in his collection (both for the same console) and maybe because he's used to the 360 controller for that game.[/QUOTE]I prefer the 360 controller over the PS3 controller, yes, and I prefer to get my multiplatform games on the 360 versus the PS3, except in a few cases where the PS3 version is the better version (FF XIII).

[quote name='shrike4242']We don't know if they'll be comparable, only when we get close to release. There's been plenty of multi-platform games that have been better on one console than the other, and again, we'll see what happens.

Plus, I have a pre-order for the 360 version locked in with Amazon when they had it for $42.65, so it would be the same price essentially for me with the added PSN content for DS: E (HD), if I replaced that pre-order with the PS3 version.

And in true CAG fashion, I'd pay the right price for the right version of the game that looks the best and plays the best.

I prefer the 360 controller over the PS3 controller, yes, and I prefer to get my multiplatform games on the 360 versus the PS3, except in a few cases where the PS3 version is the better version (FF XIII).[/QUOTE]

$42.65?? Son of a...guess I missed that deal.

[quote name='ShockandAww']$42.65?? Son of a...guess I missed that deal.[/QUOTE]

My copy is costing me $35 and I chose the PS3 version.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']My copy is costing me $35 and I chose the PS3 version.[/QUOTE]

fuck YOU ALL ;)
Was the actual Amazon price $42.65 or somewhere close to that at some point? Seems odd that theyd list it that low. Oh well I'm sure it'll be worth whatever I end up paying for it anyway.

Edit: Ok I didnt realize I already ordered it lol but mines only cheap because I have credit applied to it. It was normally 56.99. $25.77 for the PS3 version after the credit.

If you're waiting on which version that will "look and play the best" between PS3 and 360...

EA has confirmed that the PS3 is the lead platform in development for both games. Yes, even the PC is getting a "port" of the PS3 code. Also, the first Dead Space is 100% identical on both platforms, so I don't see why the second one wouldn't.

P.S. Amazon will have no issues with changing your 360 order to a PS3 one. No excuse now.

Dang, PC version getting gimped?
Oh well.

We need more of this anyway:

efwss.png

[quote name='ShockandAww']fuck YOU ALL ;)
Was the actual Amazon price $42.65 or somewhere close to that at some point? Seems odd that theyd list it that low. Oh well I'm sure it'll be worth whatever I end up paying for it anyway.

Edit: Ok I didnt realize I already ordered it lol but mines only cheap because I have credit applied to it. It was normally 56.99. $25.77 for the PS3 version after the credit.[/QUOTE]

It was originally listed as $49.25 or so and I had an ECA order open for 30% off. So it took around $15 off the $50 price.

bread's done
Back