Deadliest Warrior: Ancient Combat (PS3/360) $5 after $20 off Coupon

[quote name='nixmahn']Join date is 2003 and you think this actually is not going to work? TIP, lookup Fairytale fights, Sodoku detectives, and a few others.

Wow you can always tell the newbs by the "no way can this be free" whenever a free or penny game deal come up. Newbs need to educate themselves about how retail works.[/QUOTE]

Do you want to apologize for this ignorant statement now or do you just want to continue being a shitheel?

For those in Northern Virginia, I've generally had better experiences with the personnel at the Bailey's Crossroads store than with those at the Tysons Corner one. Went to the former yesterday, and the woman at the checkout didn't even seem to hesitate, rang up the game, rang up the coupon, asked me if I wanted a bag for my game.

[quote name='drasticfyre']Bought it yesterday....$1.27 was the total. I guess its worth it because...*Realism*. Havent opened it yet...but play demo on xbl....intense fights iguess.. get your leg chopped off in one hit. Or should i sell it on ebay?[/QUOTE]

Depends. If you like "realistic" (ish) fighting games (I.E. - Bushido Blade), and have a friend to play this with online or in person, then you should definitely keep it. Single player isn't that great however, so if neither of the above apply to you, then I would say you should flip it. I already have both games with DLC from previous sales. I picked this up for free as a birthday gift for a friend. You might want to hold onto it as a gift for a friend at some point.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Any news on if this is still working today? I'm heading in at around noon unless I hear otherwise.[/QUOTE]
i too am wondering. its funny because once i got Tekken 6 for free from BBY, and here is another (albeit much worse) fighting game for free

I just did it no problems for PS3, went back and bought magazine and then did it for 360 version also.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Skydude']For those in Northern Virginia, I've generally had better experiences with the personnel at the Bailey's Crossroads store than with those at the Tysons Corner one. Went to the former yesterday, and the woman at the checkout didn't even seem to hesitate, rang up the game, rang up the coupon, asked me if I wanted a bag for my game.[/QUOTE]

Luckily Potomac Mills is getting better now too. Bailey's Crossroads is always easy to deal with. Same with Stafford (yeah I stick to 95)

I went to my local BB after work yesterday and got an Xbox 360 version. I was hoping to complete the transaction at the video game kiosk but the guy was out for a break so they told me to go to the front. The gaming guys there are cool and even told me that the gamer coupons and additional sales would stack together. So I kept my fingers crossed as I went up to the front. Thanks to another CAG thread, I picked up a copy of Bejeweled 3 (Xbox 360) and PM'd it successfully to GS. When the cashier scanned the coupon for DW, it wasn't working. She talked to a manager who just charged me a penny for it. Entire transaction only took 5 minutes.

Just got out of bestbuy 5 minutes ago in staten island NY & they didn't honor the coupon for me, BUT. They did took $20 off LEGOs batman 2. Manager came up & told me & the cashier to takeoff $20 on the other game. I was worry because the price in-store is $24.99, but online is still $19.99. So it all ended good for me.

Good luck to anyone who decide to pickup the game only & come out with a free game.

[quote name='The_cheapest_Daddy']Just got out of bestbuy 5 minutes ago in staten island NY & they didn't honor the coupon for me, BUT. They did took $20 off LEGOs batman 2. Manager came up & told me & the cashier to takeoff $20 on the other game. I was worry because the price in-store is $24.99, but online is still $19.99. So it all ended good for me.

Good luck to anyone who decide to pickup the game only & come out with a free game.[/QUOTE]

What's 25? Batman or Deadliest Warrior?

lol =[

As of this morning, this still needs to be overridden to work in most cases (for those of you too cheap to buy anything else while you're there). One customer rang out yesterday with a drink packaged out just fine, while one with a CD didn't. Go figure. Anyway, good luck to everyone finding a copy as all stores in my area are sold out - and the game is now a discontinued item.

EDIT: Ok, now it's up to 24.99, meaning the coupon is turned back on, but it's no longer free. 4.99.

[quote name='i3ungee']As of this morning, this still needs to be overridden to work in most cases (for those of you too cheap to buy anything else while you're there). One customer rang out yesterday with a drink packaged out just fine, while one with a CD didn't. Go figure. Anyway, good luck to everyone finding a copy as all stores in my area are sold out - and the game is now a discontinued item.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure the override has nothing to do with if you buy anything with it or not. just doesn't look as bad if u are buying other things with it.

[quote name='ijustw1n']Good luck nothing, game sucks. If it doesn't work, move on.[/QUOTE]

Have you played the game multiplayer with a friend? If not, then you are missing out, that is where all the fun is. Don't knock it till you try it, since it is an actually enjoyable game multiplayer with friends.

[quote name='hlb96']I just did it no problems for PS3, went back and bought magazine and then did it for 360 version also.[/QUOTE]

Same thing for me except I already get 2 copies of the mag sent to my house :) Purchased a pre order I was already going to do anyway with each transaction.

Still ringing up $19.99. I think the first cashier actually pushed the manufacture's coupon button and had to manually enter the coupon value. The second cashier, who was actually a customer service rep who came over to help clear the line down, fought with it for a minute and then just manually adjusted the game price to $0.

Just got shot down at my Best Buy on fifth av. Reason game scans 19.99 and coupon is for 20 so it won't work. it has to be 20 or more before taxes. Didn't feel like making a big deal but if there is a way around this please advise.

Game should be ringing up at $24.99 now so $5 after coupon. CSR in Lansing, MI had to have a manager override as price is still not working properly. I would say extreme YMMV on -$.01 game now as management is clearly aware of the situation.

So the prices online don't reflect the prices in store? Also, I would like to know if the game is located under a 20$ sign or they changed that as well?... Any possible way to fight with the store to get it free

[quote name='BABETOOTH']Just got shot down at my Best Buy on fifth av. Reason game scans 19.99 and coupon is for 20 so it won't work. it has to be 20 or more before taxes. Didn't feel like making a big deal but if there is a way around this please advise.[/QUOTE]

Bring another game & tell them to takeoff $20 on the that game (a $40-30 game to be precise). If they won't honor the coupon. Thats what the manager did to me.

[quote name='skkared4life']So the prices online don't reflect the prices in store? Also, I would like to know if the game is located under a 20$ sign or they changed that as well?... Any possible way to fight with the store to get it free[/QUOTE]

Dude just give it up and either pay the 5 bucks or don't. Is 5 bucks or deadliest warrior worth the embarassment of arguing in the middle of the store over a video game? I don't think so.

I'm gonna try and get it for free in a few hours but if it comes up 5 bucks I'm gonna pass. Not worth my time arguing over this turd.

[quote name='loc0bob']Dude just give it up and either pay the 5 bucks or don't. Is 5 bucks or deadliest warrior worth the embarassment of arguing in the middle of the store over a video game? I don't think so.

I'm gonna try and get it for free in a few hours but if it comes up 5 bucks I'm gonna pass. Not worth my time arguing over this turd.[/QUOTE]

I know, it would be pretty pathetic trying to argue over $5. Although I have nothing better to do I'm going to try to get this game for free. I paid good money for this magazine subscription and it's not nice of them to make customers drive, waste time just to arrive and pick up a game that they were offering for a discounted price and charge more because they are losing money. If I don't get on this deal I'm done with bestbuy,... Until the next best thing pops up

It was posted yesterday afternoon that it'd be going up to $24.99 today and would be $5 after coupon, I don't know why you guys are so shocked..

[quote name='skkared4life']I know, it would be pretty pathetic trying to argue over $5. Although I have nothing better to do I'm going to try to get this game for free. I paid good money for this magazine subscription and it's not nice of them to make customers drive, waste time just to arrive and pick up a game that they were offering for a discounted price and charge more because they are losing money. If I don't get on this deal I'm done with bestbuy,... Until the next best thing pops up[/QUOTE]
:lol:I told myself I was done with BB after getting the notice I was banned from trading games. That didn't stop me from going in to grab some $5-10 games a few months ago with the @Gamer coupons. As long as they keep doing these games for cheap I'll keep grabbing them. But the $20 off a $50+ game coupons will likely end up the same place all of last months' coupons ended up for me, that being in the garbage can.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:lol:I told myself I was done with BB after getting the notice I was banned from trading games. That didn't stop me from going in to grab some $5-10 games a few months ago with the @Gamer coupons. As long as they keep doing these games for cheap I'll keep grabbing them. But the $20 off a $50+ game coupons will likely end up the same place all of last months' coupons ended up for me, that being in the garbage can.[/QUOTE]

If u need help with DA 2, come see us in the 360 forum; much more active about game discussion and there's not a gameplay difference between PS360.

Looks like they've gone ahead and changed the online price to $24.99 now. Its actually still showing $19.99 on the search page, but if you go into the specific console version, its now showing 25

Edit: And now the search page is fixed too.

Just back from the BestBuy in Dover, Delaware. The shelf says 19.99 it rang up 19.99. I was told they weren't allowed to do it. (They did say they would meet me half way and only charge me 5 i said no.) I pointed out that the coupon says valid with sales prices they ended up overriding it by taking it out of the filler item.

Glad I went last night to get it. They made me buy something else, so I grabbed an overpriced ($1.69) pack of gum. So I was about $3 on a gift card out the door (tax+gum).

[quote name='DE_Mike']Just back from the BestBuy in Dover, Delaware. The shelf says 19.99 it rang up 19.99. I was told they weren't allowed to do it. (They did say they would meet me half way and only charge me 5 i said no.) I pointed out that the coupon says valid with sales prices they ended up overriding it by taking it out of the filler item.[/QUOTE]

You should have laughed and told them half way is $2.50. Which it is.

[quote name='pulsar0510']Glad I went last night to get it. They made me buy something else, so I grabbed an overpriced ($1.69) pack of gum. So I was about $3 on a gift card out the door (tax+gum).[/QUOTE]

exactly the same thing i did but i grabbed the Stride for 1.39 :whistle2:#

[quote name='BABETOOTH']Just got shot down at my Best Buy on fifth av. Reason game scans 19.99 and coupon is for 20 so it won't work. it has to be 20 or more before taxes. Didn't feel like making a big deal but if there is a way around this please advise.[/QUOTE]

That is actually pure bullshit, the only time when the value needs to be greater is when using a Best Buy reward certificate.

The first store I went to yesterday the manager tried telling me the biggest bullshit, he wasted 15 minutes and this is how the conversation went.

Manager: I am sorry, we cannot use this coupon because the item is marked on sale
Me: Actually it isn't, I talked to customer service already prior to coming here and they told me it is a permanent price change and not a sale. Not that it would make much of a difference based on the restrictions on the back
Manager: The system won't allow us to add the coupon, as the value is less than the actual coupon. What I can do is give you $20 off the original price of $29.99.
Me: Actually you can override that, the only time when the value cannot be greater is when you are using a best buy reward certificate
Manager: You can take the $9.99 deal, that is all I can do. If I am not allowed to use that coupon or I will get in trouble
Me: I am sorry, it isn't my intention to get you in trouble. However, I pay for this magazine so I expect Best Buy to honor my coupon whether they made a mistake with pricing or not.
Manager: Actually as a manager I have the right to refuse a coupon, so as I said earlier if you want to use it I can raise the price back to original retail and give you $20 off of that
Me: I was not aware that Best Buy gave you the right to refuse a valid coupon for which I pay on a monthly basis, I will definitely inquire with Premier Silver about this.
Manager makes a face at this point and says "Hold on". After 15 minutes he comes back and says "I have looked into this issue and the reason why I cannot accept this coupon is because the game is discontinued.
Me: That is strange, because nowhere does it say in the back of the coupon or the @Gamer magazine that you cannot use @Gamer coupons on discontinued items. Would you please be so kind and show to me in writing where those restrictions are listed
Manager: They obviously can't write every restriction on the back of the coupon or in the magazine, otherwise you would just have a piece of paper with restrictions on it and not a coupon.
Me: Seriously, I have never heard something as silly as that... So there are restrictions for these coupons that aren't listed anywhere but we are supposed to know and accept them? How does that make any sense?
Manager: That is the fact of it, nothing I can do about restrictions that Best Buy makes.
Me: So how come my friend was able to redeem this very same coupon at a store only 10 miles away?
Manager: I doubt it, I know every single manager in this area and nobody would ever allow that coupon to be used.
Me: So now you are calling my friend a liar?
Manager: No, I am simply saying that no manager would ever accept this coupon.
Me: There you did it again... You can't answer my question with no you aren't calling him a liar and then repeat your statement saying what he told me isn't true. If you would like I could get him to bring by his receipt to prove to you that he did in fact get this coupon honored at a nearby store.
Manager: That is not necessary, as I said I know every manager in this area and nobody would honor this coupon.
Me: Seriously man, I am not trying to give you a hard time.. But every time I come in this store you always give me a hard time, this is now the third coupon that you refused to honor and every time I come here you give me some bullshit about store policies and regulations etc. As a matter of fact, I am done here. Thank you for your time.

I drove to a store about 10 minutes away and walked out of the store with the game for one penny about 5-10 minutes later. Went back to the other store, but unfortunately the guy was out for lunch.. Left a message with customer service to forward to the manager thanking him for wasting my time with BS as always and that I was able to get another store to honor the coupon without any hassle, so I guess he doesn't know the other managers as well as he claims.

Now I would like to point out that I didn't raise my voice or anything like that, I always treat people with respect as I understand they are just doing their job. I also hate being an ass or give people a hard time, but when it comes to that manager he always tries to give me some bullshit excuse. Like the last time I dealt with him was because the chashier didn't want to check me out with the same game twice (but for different consoles). So he came over and gave me some BS how the gaming industry only allows them to sell one game per person... Which when I went to a different store later that day to buy the other version the manager there told me that there is no such policy that she knows of and we can buy up to three of the same game per console.

[quote name='MochaRaf']
That is actually pure bullshit, the only time when the value needs to be greater is when using a Best Buy reward certificate.

The first store I went to yesterday the manager tried telling me the biggest bullshit, he wasted 15 minutes and this is how the conversation went.

Manager: I am sorry, we cannot use this coupon because the item is marked on sale
Me: Actually it isn't, I talked to customer service already prior to coming here and they told me it is a permanent price change and not a sale. Not that it would make much of a difference based on the restrictions on the back
Manager: The system won't allow us to add the coupon, as the value is less than the actual coupon. What I can do is give you $20 off the original price of $29.99.
Me: Actually you can override that, the only time when the value cannot be greater is when you are using a best buy reward certificate
Manager: You can take the $9.99 deal, that is all I can do. If I am not allowed to use that coupon or I will get in trouble
Me: I am sorry, it isn't my intention to get you in trouble. However, I pay for this magazine so I expect Best Buy to honor my coupon whether they made a mistake with pricing or not.
Manager: Actually as a manager I have the right to refuse a coupon, so as I said earlier if you want to use it I can raise the price back to original retail and give you $20 off of that
Me: I was not aware that Best Buy gave you the right to refuse a valid coupon for which I pay on a monthly basis, I will definitely inquire with Premier Silver about this.
Manager makes a face at this point and says "Hold on". After 15 minutes he comes back and says "I have looked into this issue and the reason why I cannot accept this coupon is because the game is discontinued.
Me: That is strange, because nowhere does it say in the back of the coupon or the @Gamer magazine that you cannot use @Gamer coupons on discontinued items. Would you please be so kind and show to me in writing where those restrictions are listed
Manager: They obviously can't write every restriction on the back of the coupon or in the magazine, otherwise you would just have a piece of paper with restrictions on it and not a coupon.
Me: Seriously, I have never heard something as silly as that... So there are restrictions for these coupons that aren't listed anywhere but we are supposed to know and accept them? How does that make any sense?
Manager: That is the fact of it, nothing I can do about restrictions that Best Buy makes.
Me: So how come my friend was able to redeem this very same coupon at a store only 10 miles away?
Manager: I doubt it, I know every single manager in this area and nobody would ever allow that coupon to be used.
Me: So now you are calling my friend a liar?
Manager: No, I am simply saying that no manager would ever accept this coupon.
Me: There you did it again... You can't answer my question with no you aren't calling him a liar and then repeat your statement saying what he told me isn't true. If you would like I could get him to bring by his receipt to prove to you that he did in fact get this coupon honored at a nearby store.
Manager: That is not necessary, as I said I know every manager in this area and nobody would honor this coupon.
Me: Seriously man, I am not trying to give you a hard time.. But every time I come in this store you always give me a hard time, this is now the third coupon that you refused to honor and every time I come here you give me some bullshit about store policies and regulations etc. As a matter of fact, I am done here. Thank you for your time.

I drove to a store about 10 minutes away and walked out of the store with the game for one penny about 5-10 minutes later. Went back to the other store, but unfortunately the guy was out for lunch.. Left a message with customer service to forward to the manager thanking him for wasting my time with BS as always and that I was able to get another store to honor the coupon without any hassle, so I guess he doesn't know the other managers as well as he claims.

Now I would like to point out that I didn't raise my voice or anything like that, I always treat people with respect as I understand they are just doing their job. I also hate being an ass or give people a hard time, but when it comes to that manager he always tries to give me some bullshit excuse. Like the last time I dealt with him was because the chashier didn't want to check me out with the same game twice (but for different consoles). So he came over and gave me some BS how the gaming industry only allows them to sell one game per person... Which when I went to a different store later that day to buy the other version the manager there told me that there is no such policy that she knows of and we can buy up to three of the same game per console.
[/QUOTE]

46183%20-%20animated%20did_not_read_lol%20gif%20image_macro%20lol_didnt_read%20meme%20rainbow_dash%20tl%253Bdr.gif

To the long winded post above me, it does say something about limiting copies now. Limit one offer per person per household or something. I know most people are going to ignore that, but it's something that the front end manager can get you on.

[quote name='MochaRaf']long rant.[/QUOTE]

Damn man, hope they offered you some cookies and juice for all the blood shed.

[quote name='MochaRaf']long anecdote[/quote]

So you spent fifteen minutes arguing this with the guy at your BB, ten minutes to drive to another store, went back to the first store to gloat but the guy wasn't there, and another ten minutes typing this up? Your gas and time isn't worth $9.99?

He wasn't feeding you a line. The computer does not let the sale through without a manual override.

First the game rep told me they had to get a manager, then the manager approved and said to honor the coupon w/ the website price (also listed in store), then another manager came back and approved it....then the rep rang it up and told me they couldn't honor it. Left without the game.

[quote name='whitereflection']So you spent fifteen minutes arguing this with the guy at your BB, ten minutes to drive to another store, went back to the first store to gloat but the guy wasn't there, and another ten minutes typing this up? Your gas and time isn't worth $9.99?

He wasn't feeding you a line. The computer does not let the sale through without a manual override.[/QUOTE]

It was the principle of it. And of course the computer will not allow it through without a manual override, the issue was that the guy was giving me a million and one excuses as always in order to not manually override the coupon. The guy always lies to my face and expects me to take it, for once I just wanted to prove to him what a dick he is and that other managers would in fact do it.

[quote name='whitereflection']So you spent fifteen minutes arguing this with the guy at your BB, ten minutes to drive to another store, went back to the first store to gloat but the guy wasn't there, and another ten minutes typing this up? Your gas and time isn't worth $9.99?

He wasn't feeding you a line. The computer does not let the sale through without a manual override.[/QUOTE]
Actually I believe people mentioned yesterday that it WAS working without an override required. But as of later yesterday it was then requiring the override.

Either way, while I got in on the old freebie games, I gotta admit as well that that was a lot of hassle, time and nonsense just to try getting a free game.:roll: I mean, free woulda been nice to get it for, but I'm sure most of us could find $5 worth of use out of it.

It does not let the sale go through, yes, but reading the coupon and having someone point blank tell you exactly how it should work should have been enough for a manual override tbh.

It does suck to get the headstrong managers that are complete dicks. You store isn't going to close due to letting a few games go for free or really cheap, your store is going to close due to horrible customer service.

Some people have amazing retention when it comes to their conversations with managers at Best Buy. I can't remember what I said to my wife on the phone just a few minutes ago.

I'll probably check out my store today and see what the price on Deadliest Warrior is. For $5 or less I'll definitely pick it up. For those that are upset about not getting it for free, keep in mind the past games that BB has "given away for free" were X-Blades and Naughty Bear. Just keep in mind what you're fighting with staff about.

It went up to $24.99 at my BB :/ Oh well, still bought it got free episodes. Traded it in to Gamestop ASAP and bought a used RDR GOTY for $9.xx with the $10 off coupon!

MochaRaf,

I highly suggest you print up your states Consumer Protection Laws off of your state Attorney General's website and keep them with you when making purchases. I don't know what state you live in, but in MA the Consumer Protection Laws specifically prohibit the type of action that your manager was doing. In MA, advertised prices and promotions must be honored in accordance with the restrictions specifically printed on the advertisement or promotion (in this case the coupon) and no other restrictions. If they do not, it is a breach of state law, and what manager is willing to lose their job for breach of state laws rather than comply with store advertised promotions. I have used my state laws to get in on deals like this before (last year's TRU 2 for $50 deal specifically) when a manager has tried to do the same thing yours did. There are also FTC regulations that cover some of these issues that might be a good idea to carry with you, but the state laws tend to be even more strict. False advertising is a civil offense, and companies spend millions of dollars a year losing lawsuits to state AG offices over these practices.

I brought these with me when I went to BB yesterday and got Deadliest Warrior, thankfully I didn't have to use them.

bread's done
Back