(Deal Dead, Discussion Dying) Free PSP Games @ EB (w/select PS2/XBX/GC Trade-ins)

AnthonyRoundtree

CAGiversary!
Update: 4/16/05

Ths deal is now dead.
Go home... the party is over.

What's that? You wanna be the weird guy that hangs out after the party to talk about how cool the party was even though you were also the guy everyone at the party was trying to get away from?

Fine.... We'll say open for ya... BUT NO STICKY FOR YOU!

Thanks to everyone.... and don't forget.... now that you've gotten an entire library of PSP games for damn near free... don't forget to at least say hi to your DS once in a while.....

Your DS misses you....

Toodles!

UPDATE 4/11/05: As some of you may know... this deal advertised as "3 Trades for 1 PSP Game" is over as of 4/10. However, EBGames.com indicates that the deal is still fresh until the 15th, but you must trade in 6 for 2 games in one transaction in order for it to work.

Under In-Store Promotions, EBGames.com reads:
"Free select PSP title with PS2/XB/GC game trade-in (pre-purchase) Active: Now - 4/15/2005
Trade-in 6 qualifying pre-played PS2/XB/GC games and receive $79.98 towards the pre-purchase of 2 of the following titles: GRETZKY NHL HOCKEY PSP or TWISTED METAL: HEAD ON PSP or WORLD TOUR SOCCER PSP or ATV OFFRD FURY BLAZIN TRLS PSP or APE ESCAPE PSP or NBA PSP or WIPEOUT PURE PSP or MLB PSP. Game boxes and instructions are required. Some titles are excluded from trade. May be combined with other EB Promotions. Typographical errors are not the responsibility of EB Games. Not valid on hardware. See sales associate for complete details. Customer may be responsible for sales tax."

Some stores may or may not honor this promo, and some stores may still let you only trade in 3 for 1. Regardless, we'll keep this thread stickied until the 16th, then officially kill it 14 days after the 15th, for all you guys trying to exchange your items obtained on the 15th. In any case, the trade-in deal is YMMV, and exchanging the PSP games is even more YMMV.

Good luck to all of you on the final days of what is sure to be the most memorable, and profitable, trade-in deal of 2005!

[quote name='joystickz']

Here's the scoop.

EBGames In Store is having an in-store promotion on the preorder/purchase of PSP games that could potentially make your initial launch library damn near free.

Here's the deal......

ebpspfree6ss.jpg

With this deal, gamers need only trade in THREE games not on THIS LIST to receive one of the EIGHT games shown above.

gretzkyfree3al.jpg

For those of you who can put two and two together, understand that when you get the game from EB it bumps the value of each game that might be normally traded in for 50 cents, up to a third of the price of any of those 39.99 games.

Then, with your sealed game in hand, and receipt (or better, gift receipt) for said game, you are not prohibited from later exchanging it for store credit for the full $40 value of the game.

In essence, the deal isn't "just for those 8 PSP games" because you can still exchange any one of them within 14 days of purchase for full credit.

Better yet... get your credit back on a gift card (make sure it has scratch off pin numbers) and use it online.

Above deal ends April 10th.

Sound easy?
Good.

NOTE: Though this isnt a YMMV deal, the clerks all over don't seem to be too refreshed on it... so make sure you're cool with the employees enough to share some patience until they work it out in the computer.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure there's an Outlaw Golf: 9 Holes of Christmas and Outlaw Golf: 9 More Holes of Christmas. Make sure to point out to the EB employee that it's 9 More Holes, or it may show up as POX. I traded in Outlaw Golf: 9 More Holes of Christmas Golf, Future Tactics (GC) and Eternal Darkness for their last copy of Twisted Metal: Head-On. :)

[quote name='XcluSiv3']So when I go in to EB what do I tell them, when they give me a hard time about outlaw golf: 9 more holes???[/QUOTE]
Tell them its in there, they will be amazed you know it is.

I lucked out today with this deal. Bought some crap at BlockBuster, 3 hitman contracts, driver 3, 2 xmas golf, Max Payne 2, etc.. and a few of my own games.

I think The key to getting this work, is not bringing in 12 hitman contracts. Bring in a few of your own games that might not be ideal for the trade in deal, but it makes it look less suspicious. The manager at the EB I went to did 3 seperate transactions, i got Ridge Racer, Lumines, and MGA for like $35. ($25 for crap games, and $10 to cover MGA)

Thanks, CAG! Im gonna go back on tuesday and get a few of the titles that were 3 trades for one when I pick up doom 3.

I have 6 more games (plus 1 coming, but I don't have anything to trade in with that)... and I have 1 copy of Twisted Metal with gift receipt. So I should end up with $120 in credit, a copy of Lumines, and $85- all for around $100 and some old games.

I didn't do as good as a lot of you (who took advantage of the JamPack 11 M while it was still PO and Outlaw Golf: 9 More Holes) but I'm pretty satisfied.

[quote name='Escobar4Life']Will EB accept games without game cases? I hope they do because I have like 6 games without game cases that I'd like to trade in.[/QUOTE]

Why would you think they do? of course not.

Well, gonna go here in a couple of hours when EB opens and try this out. Have 10 games I didn't see on the POX list, so hopefully 9 will work and I'll be able to get 3 games. $120 in credit sounds real good to me right now. Need to get Doom3. :)

[quote name='Benaorn']Anyone know if Metal Arm, Max Payne 2, Mafia, and Van Helsing work on this deal?[/QUOTE]

I can confirm that Metal Arms does work. I used it a bunch of times to build up my PSP collection.

I traded in Bad Boys II:Miami Takedown, Metal Arms (both PS2) and 9 more Holes of Xmas (XB). I got the Bad Boys and Metal arms for $5 each at Best Buy. So they all still work.

[quote name='jkircos']I traded in Bad Boys II:Miami Takedown, Metal Arms (both PS2) and 9 more Holes of Xmas (XB). I got the Bad Boys and Metal arms for $5 each at Best Buy. So they all still work.[/QUOTE]

Isn't outlaw golf hit or miss now though? Cause I remember hearing some people had trouble getting that to work. Then again, is it PO or POX?

I think the only issue is that some EB employees ring it up as Outlaw Golf: 9 Holes of Christmas Golf (which is POX) instead of Outlaw Golf: 9 More Holes of Christmas Golf.

[quote name='KingofGames']I think the only issue is that some EB employees ring it up as Outlaw Golf: 9 Holes of Christmas Golf (which is POX) instead of Outlaw Golf: 9 More Holes of Christmas Golf.[/QUOTE]

Oh wow, I didn't even know there were 2 of those out there. BTW: Awesome avatar - Kenshin's the man.

I bought some games from Hollywood Video for this deal. Only problem is that most of the games came without instructions and the outside artwork doesn't match the original artwork. The outside artwork is all Hollywood Video produced and doesn't even have the original UPC on them. The barcodes are stickered on and I don't think they match the original UPC. Anyone know if not having the instructions and the orginal artwork will present a problem?

I've had some great luck with blockbuster over the past couple days. Here are a couple YMMV finds:

enter the matrix (ps2) $6.99
pulse racer (xb) $6.99
Cubix (ps2 & gc) $4.99
and of course Outlaw: 9 MORE holes (xb) $2.99 NEW
they also have a bunch of PO games for $9.99 but when I can find 3 for $6.99 or under then it makes that b2g1 deal extra sweet

EB itself has been profitable with:

bombastic (ps2) $5.99
egg-mania (ps2) $5.99
total immersion racing (xb) $5.99
aquaman (xb) $5.99

available in the used bins. I buy at one store and trade to another. BTW I saw PS2 Auto Modellista for $4.99 NEW in store yesterday. It's POX but it makes a nice addition to FF: Crystal Cronicles $9.99 NEW and PS2 XVII $2.99 NEW if you want to use some of the credit you are accumlating. FYE gives $7.50, $22, and $7.50 each respectively.

I've really gotta get my ass to blockbuster soon... I know that one of my EB Games takes duplicates so if I just buy a bunch of Outlaw Golf things, I'll basically be able to afford my PSP by spending only like $32 (I've got store credit already... not quite enough though.)

[quote name='Escobar4Life']Will EB accept games without game cases? I hope they do because I have like 6 games without game cases that I'd like to trade in.[/QUOTE]

Take them to your local gamestop while the `trade 3 get $10 extra' deal is going on and then pick up some cheap PO games there that have cases.

[quote name='bmarquardt']I bought some games from Hollywood Video for this deal. Only problem is that most of the games came without instructions and the outside artwork doesn't match the original artwork. The outside artwork is all Hollywood Video produced and doesn't even have the original UPC on them. The barcodes are stickered on and I don't think they match the original UPC. Anyone know if not having the instructions and the orginal artwork will present a problem?[/QUOTE]

You can download and print new covers from www.cdcovers.cc.

can anyone tell me which few game would good for trade in? i know that: Dive3r , 9 holes would work.i would really thanks for your help.

Although this doesn't really have to do anything with the trade 3 select PS2/Xbox/GCN games for a first-party PSP game, I did trade in five games that were PO (I traded them in for Doom 3).

Super Mario Sunshine (GCN)
ESPN NFL 2K5 (Xbox)
MechAssault (Xbox)
Virtual-On: Marz (PS2) - bought it for $9.99 from EB Games themselves
Ribbit King (PS2) - bought it for $9.99 from EB Games themselves

Also, today was EB's last day for their B2G1 free deal, so I bought Battle Engine Aquila (PS2), Outlaw Golf: 9 More Holes of X-Mas (Xbox) and Bombastic (PS2). All were $5.99 and PO (it says so on the price sticker). I'm going to go back later this week and trade those three games in for Ape Escape: On the Loose. :D

[quote name='Socheata']Although this doesn't really have to do anything with the trade 3 select PS2/Xbox/GCN games for a first-party PSP game, I did trade in five games that were PO (I traded them in for Doom 3).

ESPN NFL 2K5 (Xbox)
MechAssault (Xbox)

Also, today was EB's last day for their B2G1 free deal, so I bought Battle Engine Aquila (PS2), Outlaw Golf: 9 More Holes of X-Mas (Xbox) and Bombastic (PS2). All were $5.99 and PO (it says so on the price sticker). I'm going to go back later this week and trade those three games in for Ape Escape: On the Loose. :D[/QUOTE]

thanks but i think that outlaw golf if u don't trade in now they might be pox later so i think u better be hurry:hot:

Are you guys positive we can trade in the psp games later in the week?

My brother who works at gamestop told me that there is no way any sane person would let me trade the games back in with a receipt that says that, through a deal, I got 13.33 store credit towards a game and then bought a psp. He said if anything, they would give me the authentic store credit for the games I traded in.

Anyone do this already? What's up?

[quote name='SkyGheNe']Are you guys positive we can trade in the psp games later in the week?

My brother who works at gamestop told me that there is no way any sane person would let me trade the games back in with a receipt that says that, through a deal, I got 13.33 store credit towards a game and then bought a psp. He said if anything, they would give me the authentic store credit for the games I traded in.

Anyone do this already? What's up?[/QUOTE]

yes they say that we could trade in 3games for one free psp game any time before 4/10/05 so if u wanna trade in u got to hurry

[quote name='kobekobe0']yes they say that we could trade in 3games for one free psp game any time before 4/10/05 so if u wanna trade in u got to hurry[/QUOTE]

No, but I'm talking about returning the PSP games for a full 40 dollars store credit. They'll actually do that?

[quote name='Socheata']Although this doesn't really have to do anything with the trade 3 select PS2/Xbox/GCN games for a first-party PSP game, I did trade in five games that were PO (I traded them in for Doom 3).

ESPN NFL 2K5 (Xbox)
MechAssault (Xbox)

Also, today was EB's last day for their B2G1 free deal, so I bought Battle Engine Aquila (PS2), Outlaw Golf: 9 More Holes of X-Mas (Xbox) and Bombastic (PS2). All were $5.99 and PO (it says so on the price sticker). I'm going to go back later this week and trade those three games in for Ape Escape: On the Loose. :D[/QUOTE]
Wait, EB had a buy 2 get 1 sale? I thought it was only Gamestop and Gamerush/BB that had that deal going.

Anyway, has anyone tried to trade in Robocop for the Xbox?...It supposedly retails for $5 new at EB.

[quote name='SkyGheNe']No, but I'm talking about returning the PSP games for a full 40 dollars store credit. They'll actually do that?[/QUOTE]
oh then i don't know, u have to ask if you can do that ,i don't think they can ,and u might need a gift reciept

[quote name='Ugamer_X']Wait, EB had a buy 2 get 1 sale? I thought it was only Gamestop and Gamerush/BB that had that deal going.

Anyway, has anyone tried to trade in Robocop for the Xbox?...It supposedly retails for $5 new at EB.[/QUOTE]

Well, the EB Games I went to just recently opened up (a week ago). I'm guessing it's their way of celebrating their grand opening?

I got Wipeout and TM today. I used games that were mentioned in the thread, although Outlaw Volleyball: Red Hot didn't work and Phantom Crash didn't work.

Thanks joystickz!

I went to 4 different game stores.

Can anyone tell me the games EB will accept and the ones they won't accept from this list:

Exhibition Demo 4
Exhibition Demo 4
Whiteout
Jam Pack Volume 11
Disaster Report
Soccer Mania
Outlaw Volleyball Red Hot
Aquaman
StuntGP
Outlaw Golf 9 More Holes of X-Mas (new)
Outlaw Golf 9 More Holes of X-Mas (new)
Silent Hill 2: Restless Dreams

So yeah, can anyone confirm these games? I brought the whole EB List to the stores I went to and checked which games I could trade in.

I have a few questions about the deal (if you answer, please answer in order & #)

1. What if an EB employee asks me I can't trade in a certain game for the 3 for 1 PSP game deal?

2. What if an EB employee mistakes Outlaw Golf 9 More Holes of X-mas with the other Outlaw Golf X-mas? Should I tell him they are different?

Thanks!

2. What if an EB employee mistakes Outlaw Golf 9 More Holes of X-mas with the other Outlaw Golf X-mas? Should I tell him they are different?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Tell him to try it anyways...mine worked yesterday. i'll post a scan in a few minutes.

#2 yes tell him they are different. I had to do that after being told that the computer wouldn't accept it. I clarified that it was 9 MORE holes and he checked again...bingo, magically it all worked!

[quote name='SkyGheNe']and what is a gift receipt? All they gave me was the usual ol receipt.[/QUOTE]

You've gotta request a gift receipt when doing the trade... The gift receipt basically doesn't say how something was paid for so with the trade in deals, it's far easier to exchange a game you got for a decent game. So I went from Wipeout, Twisted Metal, and NBA to Metal Gear Acid, Ridge Racer, and Darkstalkers.

Worked flawlessly. Traded in 9 games at one EB, got Wipeout, Ape Escape, and Twisted Metal. Went to another EB at a different mall, returned them, got a gift card useable on the website for $128.

Thanks OP! Doom 3 is now mine. :)

[quote name='CoryCubed']2. What if an EB employee mistakes Outlaw Golf 9 More Holes of X-mas with the other Outlaw Golf X-mas? Should I tell him they are different?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Tell him to try it anyways...mine worked yesterday. i'll post a scan in a few minutes.[/QUOTE]

Tried it again today and it worked perfectly. Trade in:

Metal Arms (PS2)
Conflict Desert Storm (PS2)
Outlaw Golf: 9 More Holes.

The clerk couldn't find it (Outlaw Golf) looking it up in the system and told me she just put a bunch on the floor (I traded them in yesterday). She grabbed one of those copies and scanned the used sticker they put on it and it rang up with no problems. So if anybody gives you a hard time about it and they have it in store, have them ring up the pre-owned copy from the shelf.

[quote name='eraser813']Outlaw Volleyball Red Hot didn't work for me. Crap. I have access to about 8 of them at 2.99 a piece! Crap again[/QUOTE]

I got Outlaw Volleyball Red Hot, but it didn't work for me either. I'm saving it for some trade 3 get extra $10 promo (~.25 profit).

Today I did my first trade, though I had to make a few sacrifices. I was carrying 2 copies of Outlaw Golf: 9 More Holes of X-Mas, 1 Metal Arms, 1 Malice, 1 MK: DA, and 1 Outlaw Volleyball Red Hot (which now I know isn't elgible..). My nearest EB Games stores couldn't accept my games, and I went farther into town, to a EB Store I have only been to in once. I traded in Metal Arms: Glitch in the System, Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance, and 1 Outlaw Golf: 9 More Holes of X-Mas. The dude behind the counter was sort of "wary". While I was checking which games they could take, he was talking about restrictions, and said that some dude "just like me" traded in 10 Outlaw Golfs to another EB location, and thought it could been me, and they don't do those. He said that he was okay with them, but only 1 per day, no duplicates. I traded in my 3 games, which I got Twisted Metal: Head On, but the dude said that he wasn't supposed to give me a gift receipt, so I didn't get one. I DO NOT have a Sony PSP though, and I only obtained the Customer Copy of the Original Receipt. I know I was supposed to get a gift receipt to make things easier for me, but I blew it.

Can I return the Twisted Metal to one of my closer local EB Games, or do I must return it to that location where I got the game? Is there a policy that makes me not elgible to return my game, because I didn't get a gift receipt? The way some posters mentioned about not getting a gift receipt makes it sound like returning it with just a original receipt is a big hassle, and that I won't be able to return it, or AKA I'm stuck with the game (basically I'm screwed?).

[quote name='gamefreak117']I got Outlaw Volleyball Red Hot, but it didn't work for me either. I'm saving it for some trade 3 get extra $10 promo (~.25 profit).

Today I did my first trade, though I had to make a few sacrifices. I was carrying 2 copies of Outlaw Golf: 9 More Holes of X-Mas, 1 Metal Arms, 1 Malice, 1 MK: DA, and 1 Outlaw Volleyball Red Hot (which now I know isn't elgible..). My nearest EB Games stores couldn't accept my games, and I went farther into town, to a EB Store I have only been to in once. I traded in Metal Arms: Glitch in the System, Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance, and 1 Outlaw Golf: 9 More Holes of X-Mas. The dude behind the counter was sort of "wary". While I was checking which games they could take, he was talking about restrictions, and said that some dude "just like me" traded in 10 Outlaw Golfs to another EB location, and thought it could been me, and they don't do those. He said that he was okay with them, but only 1 per day, no duplicates. I traded in my 3 games, which I got Twisted Metal: Head On, but the dude said that he wasn't supposed to give me a gift receipt, so I didn't get one. I DO NOT have a Sony PSP though, and I only obtained the Customer Copy of the Original Receipt. I know I was supposed to get a gift receipt to make things easier for me, but I blew it.

Can I return the Twisted Metal to one of my closer local EB Games, or do I must return it to that location where I got the game? Is there a policy that makes me not elgible to return my game, because I didn't get a gift receipt? The way some posters mentioned about not getting a gift receipt makes it sound like returning it with just a original receipt is a big hassle, and that I won't be able to return it, or AKA I'm stuck with the game (basically I'm screwed?).[/QUOTE]

You should be able to return it to any EBGames store. If you really have to though, you can just get rid of it at another store... I know I wouldn't be able to stand being stuck with Twisted Metal.

[quote name='gamefreak117']Can I return the Twisted Metal to one of my closer local EB Games, or do I must return it to that location where I got the game? Is there a policy that makes me not elgible to return my game, because I didn't get a gift receipt? The way some posters mentioned about not getting a gift receipt makes it sound like returning it with just a original receipt is a big hassle, and that I won't be able to return it, or AKA I'm stuck with the game (basically I'm screwed?).[/QUOTE]

I was worried about that too because I didn't have a gift receipt. I just went to a different EB, handed the guy the PSP games and my receipt, and said "I need to do a return and get a gift card for these please". If they were going to give me crap I had a whole lie ready to go about birthday gifts and blah blah blah. Anyhow, the guy didn't even flinch - just rang up the return and handed me my gift card.

I think it really depends on who the register monkey is at the time. Usually younger kids seem to be more nonchalant about it.

thank you both! I was being worried on my way home. I'm guessing they will put the returning credit to a new gift card, along with the $3.40 in tax I paid. thanks for the fast reply.

Does anyone know if Everquest Online Adventures is on the POX list? Thanks.

Sorry if someone already put up a list, there are too many pages to look through.

[quote name='PostalPee']Does anyone know if Everquest Online Adventures is on the POX list? Thanks.

Sorry if someone already put up a list, there are too many pages to look through.[/QUOTE]
It's excluded...the list is on the front page...Next time check there.

Well after refusing to take my manual-less games, I went back to Blockbuster and got manuals for Syphon Filter and Hitman 3, and traded FM4 (no manuals to be found) for XIII for Xbox (didn't think it was on the POX list for some reason.) Went back to the EB that refused me the night before, they scanned in the 2 games and told me XIII didn't work, and asked if I had another game. I hand them Outlaw Golf: 9 More Holes, and the kid gives me a filthy look and tells me that they already told me last night that that game's not eligible. I tell him to search for 9 more holes in the computer, I saw something online about it. He does a bit of typing and doesn't say anything for a minute or so, then asks me which PSP game I want. Thanks CAG. :D

bread's done
Back