(Deal Dead, Discussion Dying) Free PSP Games @ EB (w/select PS2/XBX/GC Trade-ins)

AnthonyRoundtree

CAGiversary!
Update: 4/16/05

Ths deal is now dead.
Go home... the party is over.

What's that? You wanna be the weird guy that hangs out after the party to talk about how cool the party was even though you were also the guy everyone at the party was trying to get away from?

Fine.... We'll say open for ya... BUT NO STICKY FOR YOU!

Thanks to everyone.... and don't forget.... now that you've gotten an entire library of PSP games for damn near free... don't forget to at least say hi to your DS once in a while.....

Your DS misses you....

Toodles!

UPDATE 4/11/05: As some of you may know... this deal advertised as "3 Trades for 1 PSP Game" is over as of 4/10. However, EBGames.com indicates that the deal is still fresh until the 15th, but you must trade in 6 for 2 games in one transaction in order for it to work.

Under In-Store Promotions, EBGames.com reads:
"Free select PSP title with PS2/XB/GC game trade-in (pre-purchase) Active: Now - 4/15/2005
Trade-in 6 qualifying pre-played PS2/XB/GC games and receive $79.98 towards the pre-purchase of 2 of the following titles: GRETZKY NHL HOCKEY PSP or TWISTED METAL: HEAD ON PSP or WORLD TOUR SOCCER PSP or ATV OFFRD FURY BLAZIN TRLS PSP or APE ESCAPE PSP or NBA PSP or WIPEOUT PURE PSP or MLB PSP. Game boxes and instructions are required. Some titles are excluded from trade. May be combined with other EB Promotions. Typographical errors are not the responsibility of EB Games. Not valid on hardware. See sales associate for complete details. Customer may be responsible for sales tax."

Some stores may or may not honor this promo, and some stores may still let you only trade in 3 for 1. Regardless, we'll keep this thread stickied until the 16th, then officially kill it 14 days after the 15th, for all you guys trying to exchange your items obtained on the 15th. In any case, the trade-in deal is YMMV, and exchanging the PSP games is even more YMMV.

Good luck to all of you on the final days of what is sure to be the most memorable, and profitable, trade-in deal of 2005!

[quote name='joystickz']

Here's the scoop.

EBGames In Store is having an in-store promotion on the preorder/purchase of PSP games that could potentially make your initial launch library damn near free.

Here's the deal......

ebpspfree6ss.jpg

With this deal, gamers need only trade in THREE games not on THIS LIST to receive one of the EIGHT games shown above.

gretzkyfree3al.jpg

For those of you who can put two and two together, understand that when you get the game from EB it bumps the value of each game that might be normally traded in for 50 cents, up to a third of the price of any of those 39.99 games.

Then, with your sealed game in hand, and receipt (or better, gift receipt) for said game, you are not prohibited from later exchanging it for store credit for the full $40 value of the game.

In essence, the deal isn't "just for those 8 PSP games" because you can still exchange any one of them within 14 days of purchase for full credit.

Better yet... get your credit back on a gift card (make sure it has scratch off pin numbers) and use it online.

Above deal ends April 10th.

Sound easy?
Good.

NOTE: Though this isnt a YMMV deal, the clerks all over don't seem to be too refreshed on it... so make sure you're cool with the employees enough to share some patience until they work it out in the computer.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']At the franchise Blockbuster stores that do trade ins, they took 9 More Holes and Outlaw Volleyball Red Hot for $10 credit. The lowest I ever got was $7.50 for a game in this generation, and that includes sports games like NFL2k3.[/QUOTE]

hey strider, perhaps you could start up another trade-in list for Blockbuster credit? I'd be happy to add to it! $10 for outlaw 9MH is steal, you can find them at gamecrazy for $1.79 b2g1.

[quote name='DOMINATOR912']Does anyone know if Darkstalkers Chronicles qualifies as one of the free games you can get?[/QUOTE]

it's not. only sony first party games qualify. DC is a capcom game.

[quote name='maxflight']it's not. only sony first party games qualify. DC is a capcom game.[/QUOTE]

Yep, only Sony's first party games which IMO, are terrible-mediocre. You can, however (and this is what I did) get a gift receipt (a normal receipt might work) when you do a trade in deal for one of Sony's games and then exchange the game for store credit. This will give you enough credit to buy Darkstalkers so you end up with Darkstalkers for 3 crappy games you trade in.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Ask for these games (NEW) at EB

Malice (Ps2)
Robocop (XBOX)
Battle engine Aquila (Ps2?)

All $5 new and PO

$3 NEW and PO
Pulse Racer (XBOX)[/QUOTE]

Wait... you can buy those games for $5 at EB... so you could just do all the buying and trading on the spot?

[quote name='Chacrana']Yep, only Sony's first party games which IMO, are terrible-mediocre. You can, however (and this is what I did) get a gift receipt (a normal receipt might work) when you do a trade in deal for one of Sony's games and then exchange the game for store credit. This will give you enough credit to buy Darkstalkers so you end up with Darkstalkers for 3 crappy games you trade in.[/QUOTE]

Some stores, like mine, will refuse gift receipts. The guy threw a fit when I asked for one, saying that it's cheating the system. I don't see why the probably 17 year old jerk working there gives a shit what I do with my new PSP game.

[quote name='Chacrana']Wait... you can buy those games for $5 at EB... so you could just do all the buying and trading on the spot?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but I'd advise against doing that unless your cool with the people working that day.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Yeah, but I'd advise against doing that unless your cool with the people working that day.[/QUOTE]

Actually they have preventive measures they will put it back on the shelve for a higher price like if pulse racer was 5.99 new they sell it used for 7.99....not sure what they do in a used & used situation....I was also informed that EB District and regional check this site to make their POX list...so I now believe this site is hurtin more than its helpin as far as trade ins go.....well the people who do it first may make out....but when 900000000000 copies of outlaw golf go to trade in now all of them are POX as of today...even 9 more holes....sad

ive got a gamestop thats in my area and across the street from ebgames.Does anyone know if there are any cheap games i can get that are PO for the offer while im at gamestop?

oh crap!!! 9 More holes is now POX! dammit!

It seems every game I am getting is now turning POX. I better hurry up. Hopefully there will be no POX tomorrow because I'm going to EB tomorrow and trade in some games I have.

[quote name='Daddy']Actually they have preventive measures they will put it back on the shelve for a higher price like if pulse racer was 5.99 new they sell it used for 7.99....not sure what they do in a used & used situation....I was also informed that EB District and regional check this site to make their POX list...so I now believe this site is hurtin more than its helpin as far as trade ins go.....well the people who do it first may make out....but when 900000000000 copies of outlaw golf go to trade in now all of them are POX as of today...even 9 more holes....sad[/QUOTE]

You're right, its quite a shame . . . the more that a deal is exploited (by one person overplaying it to the extreme or by many participating) the more likely it is to end . . . especially when there are loopholes that can be closed.

Like the Hastings thing . . . trade in four games and get a new game. People discover that a group of 3 crap games at Wal-Mart that sell for $10 will qualify . . . suddenly Hastings has 2000 copies of Corvette and not much else and they pull the plug on the promo.

We are our own worst enemy.

[quote name='Escobar4Life']oh crap!!! 9 More holes is now POX! dammit!

It seems every game I am getting is now turning POX. I better hurry up. Hopefully there will be no POX tomorrow because I'm going to EB tomorrow and trade in some games I have.[/QUOTE]

Are Hitman Contracts, Mafia, and Syphon Filter OK?

I finally found a BB where I can get those three for $20!

[quote name='schultzed']Are Hitman Contracts, Mafia, and Syphon Filter OK?

I finally found a BB where I can get those three for $20![/QUOTE]

I can confrim Mafia and Syphon Filter, as I used those today. Not sure about Contracts though.

[quote name='jza1218']I can confrim Mafia and Syphon Filter, as I used those today. Not sure about Contracts though.[/QUOTE]

Thanks . . . I'll go find out now.

I feel like crying. I'm gonna have to return about 8 used games. As long as I get Metal Gear AC!D, Twisted Metal: Head-On and Darkstalkers Chronicles: The Chaos Tower I'll be happy.

Please God! Help me! I need to get my games! Hopefully Metal Arms, Conflict Desert Storm and Calve(whatever) won't be POX tomorrow because I am going to BB and buy them a.s.a.p!

I'm very sad to report that Bombastic is also POX as of today. I tried trading it at two different stores and it came up POX both times. Now I've got that and 5 copies of 9 More Holes left over, all removed from their shrinkwrap and impossible to return to Blockbuster. I would strongly recommend everyone hold off on buying anything new to trade in for a couple days until it's determined just which games have switched to POX, since they obviously did a little work on the list last night!

And yeah, I can verify that the Blockbuster buy-2-get-one deal is dead as of today. The new deal is buy one game, get 50% off a second.

I also made a big mistake today - I found "World of Outlaws" for PS2 at Blockbuster this morning, bought it for $4.99, and traded it in to EB. As I was trading it, the guy at the counter told me it was somewhat rare. I figured there might be some truth to it, but ignored his warnings anyway. Sure enough, I come home and search ebay to find it routinely sells for $40+ when complete. Guess it's back to the EB tomorrow to try to buy it back from them. :(

For anyone curious, I can verify that these games are all still PO as of today:

Enter the Matrix (PS2)
Quake 3 (PS2)
Moto GP 2 (PS2)
R: Racing Evolution (GC)
Destruction Derby Arenas (PS2)
World of Outlaws :( (PS2)
Pulse Racer (Xbox)
Cubix (GC)

Score!

went in to my local EB B&m, cool guy working today.

I look for some cheap PO games and find:

PO Battle Engine Aquilla Ps2- 5.99
PO Malice Ps2- 4.99
PO Syphone Filter Ps2 - 7.99

After edge savings: 18.99

Traded them in right away.

Scored Twisted Metal Head On, that's 3 games for me:

TM:HO, RR, Lumines

Now if I could just get wipeout... (he wouldn't let me do it twice)

I got Mafia, Syphon, and Hitman for $20 at BB . . . their scan of the code didn't work, but I got it anyway because the signs were still up.

All three traded in nicely . . . stickers came off nice and they had real PS2 cases . . . didn't even look like BB games.

I got a Future Tactics xbox new at GS for $4.99 and a $5 Metal Arms PS2 and both worked . . . with 4 games of mine (both super monkey balls GC will buy the xbox version no doubt) so I did 3 more PSP games . . . now up to 11.

I bought my own (yesterday) Bombastic for $5.40 after Edge . . . didn't know it was dead! Then again, now that I made $8 off it . . . maybe I'll just keep it.

Is PS2 Malice active? I bought one new for $4.99 will return (with their paper seal) if POX.

[quote name='schultzed']I got Mafia, Syphon, and Hitman for $20 at BB . . . their scan of the code didn't work, but I got it anyway because the signs were still up.

All three traded in nicely . . . stickers came off nice and they had real PS2 cases . . . didn't even look like BB games.

I got a Future Tactics xbox new at GS for $4.99 and a $5 Metal Arms PS2 and both worked . . . with 4 games of mine (both super monkey balls GC will buy the xbox version no doubt) so I did 3 more PSP games . . . now up to 11.

I bought my own (yesterday) Bombastic for $5.40 after Edge . . . didn't know it was dead! Then again, now that I made $8 off it . . . maybe I'll just keep it.

Is PS2 Malice active? I bought one new for $4.99 will return (with their paper seal) if POX.[/QUOTE]

Ps2 Malice is still good, read my post above yours :)

GENTLEMAN!!!!

PLEASE!!!!

We need now a moment of silence for our dearly departed PO- Outlaw Golf: 9 MORE Holes of Xmas.

He was a dear, dear firend of mine.... that I shall miss forever "MORE"
May he rest in peace... in piles miles high.... in the bargain bins of every dumbass EBGames across this country.

Outalw Golf: 9 MORE Holes of Xmas.... We barely knew thee.....

[quote name='joystickz']GENTLEMAN!!!!

PLEASE!!!!

We need now a moment of silence for our dearly departed PO- Outlaw Golf: 9 MORE Holes of Xmas.

He was a dear, dear firend of mine.... that I shall miss forever "MORE"
May he rest in peace... in piles miles high.... in the bargain bins of every dumbass EBGames across this country.

Outalw Golf: 9 MORE Holes of Xmas.... We barely knew thee.....[/QUOTE]

moving on to a more serious note....

What the fuck is EB gonna do with all of those?

[quote name='joystickz']moving on to a more serious note....

What the fuck is EB gonna do with all of those?[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's what I've been thinking...

EB now can make a really large comilation... Outlaw Golf: 18,000 More Holes of XMAS Golf.

man i got messed over today.ok here it is, i go to GS and get RK, DMC 2 which was 10 on website and i assumed it was the same at the store but i got it and on the receipt it said 15!!, and i got eve of extinction.so i went to trade these 3 in at EB and RK for GC was good and DMC 2(which i spent more than the trade in value was *cry*),but eve of extinction was POX(the day before it was PO).So im gonna return DMC 2 and eve of extinction back to GS and then get $22 credit.MY question is,WHAT GAMES CAN I GET THAT ARE PO AT GS for $22?

hey i just got home from trading in to get some psp games and i just checked the website... i wanted to liquidate my xbox collection tomorrow but I don't see the trade in offer on the eb website anymore...

did it ever show up on the website or did they just suddenly end this one early..

eve of extinction has been on my POX list since day one, but as for other cheapo games...

gc/xb aquaman
gc virtua striker
xb total immersion racing
xb pulse racer
xb group s challenge

those have been PO but with the recent change to the list I'm curious if they still are. All should be well below $10 at gamestop.

[quote name='mofo1115']did it ever show up on the website or did they just suddenly end this one early..[/QUOTE] I don't know if it was ever on the website, I never saw it on there.

Anyway traded in Eternal Darkness, DW4 (PS2) and Riddick for Twisted Metal. The guys at this EB didn't even know that the deal was still going on, but voila.

Also, I would like to personally extend my condolences to the family of OG:9MH. RIP

I'm kinda glad to hear that Bombastic is dead (if true) because I was going to trade mine in again . . . but the idea of buying the same game over and over and retrading it over and over . . . just seems wrong to me.

It's one thing to cash in on the delivery of games to EB . . . but to run the same ones through again and again?

I'm not actually some kind of moral crusader . . . heck I used several of the Target Zelda rainchecks last year to get new releases for well below cost.

But the recycling of a game through the system at EB kills the ability of everybody to dump old games.

[quote name='schultzed']
But the recycling of a game through the system at EB kills the ability of everybody to dump old games.[/QUOTE]

kill or be killed.

I just came back from several of my local EB Games stores, and exhibition disks or jampacks won't be elgible because they're demos. Would've rocked if I bought many different $7.99 Exhibition disks with the accumulated EB credit, and get like over 50% profit. Lame thing for me was that my local Best Buy was cleared of the elgible $10 PS2 games. I'm going to take the Blockbuster Buy 2 Get 1 route now, especially since Outlaw Golf: 9 More Holes of X-Mas only cost from $2.99 - $4.99. Just make sure to remember we've got less than 5 days left to do this deal, it expires on the Sunday, the 10th.

[quote name='gamefreak117']I just came back from several of my local EB Games stores, and exhibition disks or jampacks won't be elgible because they're demos. Would've rocked if I bought many different $7.99 Exhibition disks with the accumulated EB credit, and get like over 50% profit. Lame thing for me was that my local Best Buy was cleared of the elgible $10 PS2 games. I'm going to take the Blockbuster Buy 2 Get 1 route now, especially since Outlaw Golf: 9 More Holes of X-Mas only cost from $2.99 - $4.99. Just make sure to remember we've got less than 5 days left to do this deal, it expires on the Sunday, the 10th.[/QUOTE]

Outlaw Golf is now POX...found that out the hard way this morning.

I also tried this out today (I usually end up missing these sales). I traded in the following:

Def Jam Vendetta (GC) - Cost me $10
Manhunt (Xbox) - Got free in a deal
Metroid Prime (Wavebird cover) - Got in Wavebird bundle when they were $20, so technically free.

Picked up Wipeout Pure.

I'm going to go back tomorrow...I have enough for another game, but I'm not sure if I'm going to hunt for more first.

I don't post here much...another message board sucks most of my internet time, but thanks for the deal.

I know that outlaw golf is now POX.Does anyone know if outlaw golf:holiday golf is still PO?because its 5 bucks at my local GS

I finally had to dive into this debacle:

In goes:
Bloodrayne (PS2) $5 at TRU
Enter the Shi...errr Matrix (PS2) $6 at BlockBuster
Metal Arms (PS2) $5 at BB
Driv3r (PS2)
Hitman: Contracts
Bad Boys II $5 at BB

Grabbed Ape Escape, Gretzky Hockey, and two gift receipts ;)

[quote name='ilovejordanz']btw heres my reciept :D
[/QUOTE]

That's insane, man! I can't even get my local EBs to take 2 copies of the same game on the same day, much less 6 of them all together. Nice work!

oh, and fivecardstud: Pulse Racer for xbox is definitely PO as of today.

The dude at the counter was sweating me about it too. He was thinkin i stole them but i showed him my reciept from Best Buy and he had no choice but to take them :D

finally had to jump on this deal

i too found out the hard way with outlaw golf after buying 7 of them from a blockbuster that i barely knew yesterday :(

anyways, i turned in:

Ribbit King ($5)
Bad Boys ($5)
Metal Arms ($5)
Metal Arms ($5)
Robin Hood ($5)
Cabelas Big Hunter ($5)

to get my Ridge Racer and Lumines, where the EB guys were cool enough to let me trade in Twisted Metal and Ape Escape for those two on the spot.

[quote name='schultzed']I got Mafia, Syphon, and Hitman for $20 at BB . . . their scan of the code didn't work, but I got it anyway because the signs were still up.

All three traded in nicely . . . stickers came off nice and they had real PS2 cases . . . didn't even look like BB games.[/QUOTE]

I like that about BB: their stickers come off with no muss, no fuss.

I did Red Dead Revolver, Hitman Contracts and Manhunt (all PS2, $20 total) for Wipeout Pure today. Not as great a deal as some of you guys got, but I did get to play and beat three games I was interested in, before trading them in. Also, I had no trouble trading them in with no manuals and with generic, white DVD cases.

Finally got my PSP, so I'm gonna start playing my small stack of 5 games. Second best deal ever!

[quote name='XcluSiv3']Can anyone tell me what stores are having some b1g1 free deals/good buys, because the BB B2g1 free ended yesterday.[/QUOTE]

Just a heads up . . . if the signs are still up for the b2g1 . . . then they will likely honor it . . . that's what happened to me.

I'll confirm AquaMan (Xbox) tomorrow.

I'll be heading to EB tomorrow and trade in my 6 games. I need coupons because I need 3 more games. That way I'll have 3 PSP games atleast.

Hitman Contracts, Syphon Filter, Mafia (All PS2) worked for me this evening for Twisted Metal Online. I asked the girl (new hiree) if I could get Untold Legends, she tried to scan it in, but it didn't register with the promo, so I just got TM:O and a handy dandy gift receipt.

I have another set of those same games for EB tomorrow, I just hope that they don't update the POX list tonight...!

[quote name='joystickz']kill or be killed.[/QUOTE]

The Republican philosophy now prevails everywhere in American society. . . alas, even among CAGers.

bread's done
Back