Deals to get Super Smash Bros. Brawl Cheap!

quadomatic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
I figure I'm not the only one that wants to save some cash buying Brawl on launch. I figure we should compile all the coupons and deals that can be used to get the game cheap on launch.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171563
-10% off Coupon for BestBuy
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171110
-10% off Coupon for Gamestop/EB Games
http://www.gamestop.com/gs/trade-ins/trade-ins.asp
-20% Trade in Bonus towards SSB:Brawl at Gamestop/EB Games
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=172792
-Trade in 2 select Wii games, get Brawl for $9.99 (trade in 2 copies of Heatseeker, $10 to $15 each at Circuit City)
http://www.strikebang.com/showthread.php?p=35273#post35273
-$10 off $50 at Play-Asia.com

Buy 4 copies of Pimp My Ride for $30 and trade in to GameRush for $60

Please contribute!

[quote name='JohnDoeChan']anyone know if you can trade in 2 of the same game to gamestop to get ssbb for $10?[/quote]

Stores around me usually don't.

Yeah, I went in and pre-ordered Brawl when I bought Ghost Squad and the Zapper. They just scanned the place card for Brawl and added $5 to my total. The receipt shows the amount due so they know how to charge for it when I go to pick it up. They didn't ask for a name because they already had me in the computer. Also, I was told that they don't call you to let you know when it comes in, so I'll have to call, but I don't think they'll put it back on the shelf if I don't pick up in 48 hours like Gamestop does.

why dont those who are waiting buy brawl at GS and then return the one ur getting int he mail from CC? lol
i might do that..

[quote name='Furashu']why dont those who are waiting buy brawl at GS and then return the one ur getting int he mail from CC? lol
i might do that..[/quote]

My Circuit City sold out of all of their pre-orders as well, so I had to order online. I might do that too, or sell the other copy to a friend.

[quote name='buckfiftyplustax']so the online preorders will only be shipped not in store pickup? also do the in store preorders have the gift card deal?

thanks[/quote]

Yes, and yes.

i went to CC today to pre-order brawl but the sales dude said something about not getting their second batch of pre-orders and they haven't been taking pre-orders since the beginning of february. However he did inform me that even if I didn't pre-order brawl they will still give the $10 gift card at the time of purchase.

[quote name='ahou']i went to CC today to pre-order brawl but the sales dude said something about not getting their second batch of pre-orders and they haven't been taking pre-orders since the beginning of february. However he did inform me that even if I didn't pre-order brawl they will still give the $10 gift card at the time of purchase.[/quote]

I probably wouldn't take the word of the sales guy. Nothing on the ad or anything said here indicates that.

just got my gift card from CC today. btw, told you guys the TRU deal you were hoping for wasnt going to come through. that wasnt optimistic thinking it was just dumb, but none the less, in true cheap ass gamer fashion, worth waiting for! this game is going to rock!

Okay, Circuit City fails again. I go in today to preorder the thing, and when I inform the first redshirt fool I could find that I wanted to preorder Brawl, he gives me a dazed and confused look and tells me that they "don't do pre-orders, except for games in the special pre-order display" (which did not contain a placeholder for Brawl). I procede to shove the ad in his face, and he gets even more confused and manages to string together a sentence directing me to customer service.

I promptly congratulated him on being the last straw that pushed me over the edge of never wanting to return to the damned store again, and left. Never again with this goddamned store, I swear to god.

Sam's Club price is $43.66 and is having a midnight release as well. Our store got 55 copies.

Will also have Wii consoles for $249

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Okay, Circuit City fails again. I go in today to preorder the thing, and when I inform the first redshirt fool I could find that I wanted to preorder Brawl, he gives me a dazed and confused look and tells me that they "don't do pre-orders, except for games in the special pre-order display" (which did not contain a placeholder for Brawl). I procede to shove the ad in his face, and he gets even more confused and manages to string together a sentence directing me to customer service.

I promptly congratulated him on being the last straw that pushed me over the edge of never wanting to return to the damned store again, and left. Never again with this goddamned store, I swear to god.[/quote]
I just go straight ot customer service now. All the "workers" are completley incompetent on the floor and most run from customers. I once saw 10 of them standing around tlaking and the second i walked in their genreeal direction with a dvd in my hand they all scattered off in various directions.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Okay, Circuit City fails again. I go in today to preorder the thing, and when I inform the first redshirt fool I could find that I wanted to preorder Brawl, he gives me a dazed and confused look and tells me that they "don't do pre-orders, except for games in the special pre-order display" (which did not contain a placeholder for Brawl). I procede to shove the ad in his face, and he gets even more confused and manages to string together a sentence directing me to customer service.

I promptly congratulated him on being the last straw that pushed me over the edge of never wanting to return to the damned store again, and left. Never again with this goddamned store, I swear to god.[/QUOTE]

Want some cheese with that whine?

Give people a break, the lad is probably getting minimum wage and mediocre training.

[quote name='briandadude']Want some cheese with that whine?

Give people a break, the lad is probably getting minimum wage and mediocre training.[/QUOTE]

Okay, nevermind, I won't complain about shitty customer serivce. Man, what bizarro world do you live in?

I should mention that I went to Customer Service first, and they sent me to the games area.

I pre-ordered at a Circuit City store yesterday. I took up the pre-order card and the cashier scanned it and my Gamers Card and it came to $44.99 with the 10% off before tax. So once I get the gift card when I pick up, it will be $34.99 pre-tax which is pretty good for a first day Wii release.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']
I promptly congratulated him on being the last straw that pushed me over the edge of never wanting to return to the damned store again, and left. Never again with this goddamned store, I swear to god.[/QUOTE]

People like you have never worked in retail and are quite annoying. Yes, you do have a right to complain, but when somebody doesn't respond the way you want so you try to make him sound mentally disabled, you're just being a jerk.

[quote name='eastx']People like you have never worked in retail and are quite annoying. Yes, you do have a right to complain, but when somebody doesn't respond the way you want so you try to make him sound mentally disabled, you're just being a jerk.[/QUOTE]

That's nice. I don't tolerate stupidity, sorry. If you're gonna do the damned job, do it right.

I'M A GODDAMN AMERICAN, I DON'T HAVE TO DEAL WITH THIS SHIT.

Also, don't fucking put words in my mouth. Calling him "confused" is not the same as calling him retar-, I mean, "mentally disabled," as you put it.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']That's nice. I don't tolerate stupidity, sorry. If you're gonna do the damned job, do it right.

Also, don't fucking put words in my mouth. Calling him "confused" is not the same as calling him retar-, I mean, "mentally disabled," as you put it.[/quote]

...er...joke post of the month? :bow:

Not to fan the flames or anything, but I do feel a need to comment. I have worked at retail part time. It sucks. Working part time, there are OFTEN deals, especially in the sales ad, that you are not aware of because unlike a full time job you are not there nearly as often, and depending on how the store is run, the managers do not feel the need to share everything they tell the full timers with the part timers. That said, the way CC is run, I can agree with CoffeeEdge to some degree. I have NEVER gone into CC and had a single employee, MANAGERS INCLUDED, know what the hell they were talking about. Again, this could be a remote incident of a crappy ass store, but it seems to be fairly prevalent throughout the corporation. The managers at my local store do not even understand their own return or price match policy.

The utter and total communications breakdown at CC is probably one of the major reasons it is barely hanging in there as a business. Nobody ever knows what they are doing (in my store at least). It's one thing for a store to have a select few (as ALL stores do) of slackers that are just there for money and don't give a damn, but when even the managers seem to subscribe to this school of thought, you have a problem.

Sorry to go so far off topic, but I felt a need to voice my two cents. Carry on.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']That's nice. I don't tolerate stupidity, sorry. If you're gonna do the damned job, do it right.

Also, don't fucking put words in my mouth. Calling him "confused" is not the same as calling him retar-, I mean, "mentally disabled," as you put it.[/quote]

Yeah you're being a total prick. Circuit City doesn't really give a damn "if you never shop there again" because you are mad that an employee didn't know everything there is to know about VIDEO GAMES. Circuit City is not a VIDEO GAME STORE! Video games are a very small priority for them. It's common sense.

IMA AMERICUNNNNNN, I shop where i want to, and I drive a ford f350, and I buy all my clothes at wal mart.

What does being from the United States have to do with anything? Or we talking about the continent? And if so, what does THAT have to do with anything?

Look while CC should have better customer service you sounded like a jerk. How are employees who have minimum wage, no benefits, little training and not experts in every field known to man suppose to deal with people like you?

[quote name='InuFaye']IMA AMERICUNNNNNN, I shop where i want to, and I drive a ford f350, and I buy all my clothes at wal mart.[/quote]

Like the bumper sticker says:
"Don't mess with the USA, we'll bring democracy to your country"

The SLC Circuit City swears up and down the game doesn't release until Monday 3/10, so I took my preorder back, got refunded, and preordered at BestBuy to use my 12% off coupon and some reward certificates.

Cheers!

258Troll_spray.jpg

ok so I take the slip up to the circuit city counter that says "preorder smash bros get a $10 gift card" They scan it and their system says "You must wait until the street date march 9th to purchase this item" Even though it's a preorder and not the actual purchase. They tried everything had the store director involved but couldn't get it to work. They eventually had to put it under some general receipt and type in on the receipt "Smash Bros preorder" And just to make sure you get the gift card when you pick up the game and not when you preorder right? That's what they told me just making sure that's right.

[quote name='Cindaddy']Gamestop has 20% extra trade-in credit towards SSB:B.[/quote]

Is this for all games? I have 2 WiiPlays I want to trade in and maximize the credit/value. Do I need a coupon, or...?

I noticed that my local BB (Sawgrass,FL) is doing a Midnight Launch for SSBB...is this nationwide or only select BB?

[quote name='TeflonFong']I noticed that my local BB (Sawgrass,FL) is doing a Midnight Launch for SSBB...is this nationwide or only select BB?[/quote]

sadly its only select stores are doing midnight launch for SSBB and none are near me :cry:

I haven't seen it mentioned yet, but apparently CC's done taking pre-orders online for SSBB:
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica] The item that you tried to add is not eligible for sale online.[/FONT]

The site still says the pre-order deal expires 8 March 08.

That sucks, since when I went to my store a few weeks back they knew nothing of the pre-order/GC deal.

I bought PGR 4 at Radio Shack hoping I could get some good trade in credit for it becuase it's normally 60 (Usually 40) and I paid 20 bucks for it. So I figured I'd use the Gamespot route to get Brawl becuase you know I'd figure the 20% extra trade in credit plus the 10% off coupon.

Unfortunately they would only give me $12 for it, so it looks like Gamespot is a no go
I then decided to search for my Local Game Crazy because of the Pimp my Ride deal(Spending 30 bucks to make 60 is a hell of a deal), but since I live in Orlando, Florida, there is no Game Crazy stores within a 50 Mile radius

So what I am asking you fellow CAG's is if theres any way I can get a deal deal by trading in PGR4 somewhere and getting a good deal for it toward Brawl. I'm not about to return fraud my PGR 4 to some random store and get my 60 bucks, so I just want to do this the right way

Is that Gamestop %20 more trade in thing still going on? I dont see anything about it online and the nearest gamestop is 15 miles away. I plan on going there tomorrow to trade in some games to get brawl but I wanna know if its gonna be worth it.

can't wait to go pick up my copy on Sunday at BBV :whistle2:D i was apparently the 2nd to order it...and thanks to some SAHWEET deals and trade-ins...ill be getting it for VERY cheap (like $22)

[quote name='SoNiC1023']Is that Gamestop %20 more trade in thing still going on? I dont see anything about it online and the nearest gamestop is 15 miles away. I plan on going there tomorrow to trade in some games to get brawl but I wanna know if its gonna be worth it.[/quote]

Nope. They are doing Brawl with the 20% anymore.

[quote name='hmbtnguy']wait, what really? My friend just preordered it at CC today... and he did at around 5pm Pacific time too...[/quote]
seriously. did he have to hand them a pre-order card or sometthing. My CC has nothing on brawl.

I think I will break my CAG ways and just buy this game at full price. I really don't want to drive all the way to Circuit City.

I do have about $77 credit at Gamestop, so technically it'll be free, but hey, I wanted to save that $77 for something else.

[quote name='UltimoRey']seriously. did he have to hand them a pre-order card or sometthing. My CC has nothing on brawl.[/quote]

mine didn't have anything either. i preordered yesterday after seeing all the posted ads for march 9 and didn't find anything better. i didn't see any sheets, but the guy at the register rang me up. he did say they may have over-reserved, so he told me to show up at 10am (yay circuit city). still, i did have a $24 card from an online order that was screwed up, so it won't hurt my wallet as much...

Yeah, i'll be hitting up my local Gamestop for this game. My local GS will have a midnight release, so i'll take advantage of that.

I pre-ordered at CC today. All i had to do was take one of the tags (after asking an actually quite competent employee where they were) up to the register and i had my pre-order. They had probably a few dozen of the tags left on the rack.

My local GameCrazy won't guarantee a copy available at midnight, they said I might have to wait a couple of days..

And I would rather poke my own eyeball then have to go to Circuit City ever again!!

I went in to pick up the clearance "Trauma Center" and to preorder Smash Bros to get that lucrative $10 gift card. When I told the girl at the register I wanted to preorder the game, she sighed and walked off without a word for five minutes. Meanwhile, I'm standing there like an idiot! She tells me that I don't have to pay any money on the preorder (...umm, I've never had to not pay the $5 for a preorder...) and that I will definitely have a copy on Tuesday when it comes out. Needless to say, I told her screw the preorder, I'll take my chances anywhere else before trusting her word on it!! I am just going to have to wing it Sunday morning... :headache:

Has anyone heard on how many copies Best Buy will be getting in? I don't know if I should pre-order from Best Buy or not, as I am going to be waiting in line with a friend who will be waiting for a Wii. Is it worth the hassle of a pre-order?

[quote name='briandadude']I pre-ordered my copy the other day at Circuit City.

I used my gamer's card to save 10% and then you get a $10 gift card when you pick it up.[/quote]
I'm going to do the same thing. However, you didn't have to preorder.

There's a $10 gift card if you just buy it when it comes out.

It'll end up being $35 + tax.

bread's done
Back