Defense Grid 1 & 2 for $15

Torrwin

CAGiversary!
Feedback
60 (100%)
The folks at Hidden Path entertainment have just "opened up the floodgates", so to speak on the Defense Grid 2 Kickstarter.

**NEW TIERS ADDED**
Get the $30 Tier plus a Razer Naga Hex gaming mouse, Red for $107, Green for $108

The video cards are sold out, but you can still get some great deals on the digital content and help support the game as well.

Tiers
$15 -> Full copies of Defense Grid 1 & Defense Grid 2 (when available) on Steam
$30 -> Above rewards + All DG1 DLC, and extra additional digital content
$50 -> Above rewards + beta access to DG2
$75 -> Above rewards + DG poster and two extra copies of all digital content
$100 -> Above rewards + T-Shirt and signed copy of the poster
$150 -> Above rewards + 8GB Gun Tower USB stick + Fletcher button
$175 -> Above rewards + all 3 t-shirts
$225 -> Above rewards + Razer Naga Hex gaming mouse

More Details
DG1 is available via email almost immediately. You get to keep the game even if the Kickstarter doesn't make the goal.
The video cards are rumored to be the 1GB PowerColor models.
**The video cards will be shipped in September**

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='arikmoon']fucktarded. Kickstarting idiots. They didn't make enough capital to fund the second?

Y'all are stupid.[/QUOTE]

Not sure if terrible troll attempt or drunk... :whistle2:s

[quote name='arikmoon']fucktarded. Kickstarting idiots. They didn't make enough capital to fund the second?

Let me explain this to you, simply. They funded the first project on their own and recouped costs for that through sales of the first. They're now looking to fund the second project.

Here's the catch... most of the donations have been in the lower tier where you are essentially pre-ordering the new game and/or additional content to the first. Then you have the tier that allows you to buy a new video card for an amazing price and still get the new game. There's not much to lose really. I'm not sure why that bothers you...

[quote name='Bioterror']What do you guys think about the 6770 at $85?[/QUOTE]

6770 is pretty decent. I have one in my system and it still can handle all current games on high. It was part of a bundle from TigerDirect, but was probably around $120 or so iirc, so $85 is a pretty good deal.

[quote name='Xellos2099']Any idea of the tier 110 get me the 6870 and the turret flash drive?[/QUOTE]

No, to get the 6870 you need to add $90 to any existing tier. ($105 just happens to be the minimum pledge $15 + $90)

So, your best option to get the 6870 and the USB drive is to pledge the $110 Tier and add $90 to it for the 6870.

If you do so, you'll get the 6870 + USB drive + Fletcher Button + Tshirt + poster + games + dlc

[quote name='Xellos2099']Any idea of the tier 110 get me the 6870 and the turret flash drive?[/QUOTE]

Only the 105 / 205 / 220 / 325 gets you the 6870

85 / 95 / 195 / 250 gets you the 6770

Should look in the mirror troll. Per the website people who pledge 15 or more get DG2 either through Kickstarter or when the company raise enough to build and release it. Granted it might take a few years but we still get a copy as long as they raise the 250k.

I'm so glad I stumbled upon this thread. I'm currently building a new computer and I can gladly wait a tiny bit longer if the Kickstarter goes through, all for the sake of an upper-end video card for a significantly smaller amount of money! That and it supports an excellent game (hopefully series!) as well! Two birds, one stone!

I personally despise pre-ordering, let alone pre funding.

Kickstarting used to be called borrowing some capital.

I stick by my stance that it's fucking stupid. You all aren't even getting a return on your investment. You're loaning money to a company for a year or so, without interest. Why?

[quote name='arikmoon']I personally despise pre-ordering, let alone pre funding.

I stick by my stance that it's fucking stupid. You all aren't even getting a return on your investment. You're loaning money to a company for a year or so, without interest. Why?[/QUOTE]

Newegg is telling me that I'm getting about $159.99 or 149.99 after rebate for my $105 investment. I guess some people see things differently.

They just added an additional tier of 70 for the 6770 card.

[quote name='arikmoon']I personally despise pre-ordering, let alone pre funding.

I stick by my stance that it's fucking stupid. You all aren't even getting a return on your investment. You're loaning money to a company for a year or so, without interest. Why?[/QUOTE]

Because I'm getting something out of it :p A video card for cheap.

No reason for you to sound like a jackass.

I need a graphics card, but the 6770 is fairly cheap on Amazon. I'd rather just buy it from Amazon.

Sad that I missed out on the 6870.

/edit: Oh, wait. $55 for the 6770 on top of a $15 pledge? That's tempting. It's $89.99 after rebate on Amazon.. hmm..

Meh, not much of a deal. the 6770 is two levels below the 6870 on the tier chart, and would actually be a downgrade compared to my 4 year old card.

Wording on this is very confusing and misleading and I bet all the people that have pledged at the $55 and $60 level are thinking they are getting a video card. The $70 level reward states that you don't get that reward with any of the previous tiers so at the $55 and $60 levels, you are getting the $75 reward but it doesn't include the $70 reward. I don't see that many people paying $55 bucks for a poster and 2 extra copies of the game.

Jeez, it was like readin lawyer speak. Way to complicated a deal for me, I'll wait for the 30$ 6670, and the inevitable 5$ steam sale :)

[quote name='MrshllJcb']Don't really know anything about building computers but want to. This seems like a good starting place so may have to bite[/QUOTE]

Think Newegg has a video on how to build a computer when you view the Computer Hardware section and there are a lot of references / magazines with step by step instructions.

[quote name='Marauder7']Think Newegg has a video on how to build a computer when you view the Computer Hardware section and there are a lot of references / magazines with step by step instructions.[/QUOTE]

Excellent thank you! Also bummed that the better card is sold out. Will prob oass now

Thanks OP! I was planning on building a new system. Started as an HTPC, and now it is lookin' more like a mid-range gaming machine after seeing the 6870 for $105 with Defense Grid.

Updated the OP a bit, hopefully it will help with some of the confusion.

[quote name='MrshllJcb']Excellent thank you! Also bummed that the better card is sold out. Will prob oass now[/QUOTE]
A little side info here, a pair of 6770's would actually be quite a bit more powerful than a single 6870. Through the Kickstarter you could get 2 6770's and 2 games for $125, which is still less than the cost of a single 6780 elsewhere.

[quote name='Scorch']I need a graphics card, but the 6770 is fairly cheap on Amazon. I'd rather just buy it from Amazon.

Sad that I missed out on the 6870.

/edit: Oh, wait. $55 for the 6770 on top of a $15 pledge? That's tempting. It's $89.99 after rebate on Amazon.. hmm..[/QUOTE]

If you're patient, you can get a 7770 for $90 after rebate.

Wish either of these was a super improvement over my GTX460 but they are not. Well the 6870 is an improvement, but not work the upgrade to me. I'm really hoping they make the mice an addable tier thing for less than MSRP, but that doesn't look likely.

[quote name='Torrwin']New Tier: TWO Radeon HD 6770 video cards and the rewards of the $15 pledge tier all for a total of $106.[/QUOTE]

Pretty incredible. I'd hop on that for sure if I needed any extras.

Dont think my motherboard can support two cards, so I just have to choose the $70 option and I get one right? The wording is kind of weird.

I currently have a gtx670, which I'm very happy with, but you never know when you'll need a back up. Or two, for only $106... that is so tempting. I have an AMD cpu and mobo, so I could definitely maximize the performance of 2 cards, I'm just so weary of the drivers. All I ever hear is people having trouble with AMD videocard drivers. That, and the power consumption of 2 of these.

So how do I increase from the 70 tier to the 106 ?
Ahh, that was easy, login and it lets you increase the pledge and select a different reward.

Don't know if this has been mentioned but HiddenPath on Kickstarter just said this about 3 hours ago:

I have just learned from AMD that the 6870 and the 6770 cards are actually from PowerColor and are both equipped with 1GB GDDR5 VRAM. I'm waiting to hear more details.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/hiddenpath/defense-grid-2/comments

I don't know how I feel about this in comparison to the believed Sapphire models. Still good cards assuredly but you can't even buy PowerColor 6870s anymore from places like Amazon/Newegg.

Opinions?

Immediately following my post I pledged at the $106 mark, then, after I saw LoneGhost's post, I cancelled my pledge. I hated to do it, but I had serious heat problems with a PowerColor card I bought 3 or so years ago. I don't know if they've made changes since, but I really don't want that head ache again. It was the one and only card I ever bought from them, so it could've been a fluke thing, I just don't want to take any unnecessary chances. No offense to HiddenPath or their kickstarter.

[quote name='Bioterror']Dont think my motherboard can support two cards, so I just have to choose the $70 option and I get one right? The wording is kind of weird.[/QUOTE]

That's correct, the $70 level gets you one 6770 and two games (DG1 & DG2). You get to keep the games for free if the Kickstarter fails.

Please let me continue to troll this thread and let you all know that "pledging" money for a game and some old hardware isn't a fucking deal.

I relish the buyers remorse and idiotic expenditure of funds on unknown products at their MSRP.

Dummies. Stop Kickstarting, that's for the stock market and/or capital investors. Not you.

Wait three weeks and this games' sales will bring it down 50% just like every title for the past decade.

I'm hatin pretty hard I know, but this lack of intelligence is why I quit posting deals and just started lurking instead.

Keep posting deals though. I appreciate it.

[quote name='arikmoon']
I'm hatin pretty hard I know, but this lack of intelligence is why I quit posting deals and just started lurking instead.
[/QUOTE]

lurkmore.jpg

[quote name='arikmoon']Please let me continue to troll this thread and let you all know that "pledging" money for a game and some old hardware isn't a fucking deal.

I relish the buyers remorse and idiotic expenditure of funds on unknown products at their MSRP.

Dummies. Stop Kickstarting, that's for the stock market and/or capital investors. Not you.

Wait three weeks and this games' sales will bring it down 50% just like every title for the past decade.

Keep posting deals though. I appreciate it.[/QUOTE]

5166465451_ded900eaf8_z.jpg

[quote name='arikmoon']Please let me continue to troll this thread and let you all know that "pledging" money for a game and some old hardware isn't a fucking deal.

But i'm not even paying for the game. I'm paying below MSRP for a brand new video card, and somehow supporting a game. Which ships next month if they meet their quota. How is it not a deal?

[quote name='Interfeci']But i'm not even paying for the game. I'm paying below MSRP for a brand new video card, and somehow supporting a game. Which ships next month if they meet their quota. How is it not a deal?[/QUOTE]

arikmoon just hates Kickstarter and pre-ordering.

Ok.

My 5850 just sold for $125 (bitcoin miner) and now I am debating if I should get one these. lol

Rick Roubos about 1 hour ago
I added it to my posted on CheapAssGamer and posted it to the Canadian bargain hunting site RedFlagDeals.com

Was it this topic?

May I suggest continuing lurking in the future?

[quote name='arikmoon']
Please let me continue to troll this thread and let you all know that "pledging" money for a game and some old hardware isn't a fucking deal.
[/QUOTE]

Yes. There are plenty of ways to get a good deal on a video card.
You should first consider what your PC needs are and what it can handle.
Then consider what brands have the features that can complement your system,
i.e. AMD-brand cards blow hot out out the back, most cards circulate the hot air inside the tower.
Then look at the reviews and ratings of that specific card.
However, the price for this 6870 is a good deal IF it is the right card for you.
My opinion is if you already have a 6000, it is not a deal.
If you are gonna get the 2 card deal, make sure your motherboard has 2 slots for it.
If it is the PowerColor, I wouldn't get it myself.

[quote name='LoneGhost']Don't know if this has been mentioned but HiddenPath on Kickstarter just said this about 3 hours ago:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/hiddenpath/defense-grid-2/comments

I don't know how I feel about this in comparison to the believed Sapphire models. Still good cards assuredly but you can't even buy PowerColor 6870s anymore from places like Amazon/Newegg.

Opinions?[/QUOTE]

Hm... I'm not as excited anymore. According to this review, the Sapphire model is slightly faster (though performance wise, it's a minor difference).

Most places are OoS of PowerColor version so I don't think we're getting a new model... I wonder if these are left over stock or something.

And on top of it all, Sapphire generally has better build quality and CS.

Well, guess I can't complain too much. :whistle2:/

This site has a comparison as well. The PowerColor and Sapphire seem to be just about equal in most fields. Sometimes the PowerColor wins by a bit. I can also assume they'll have as good a warranty on these as other cards would. So the rest is just up to skepticism.

bread's done
Back