Defense Grid 1 & 2 for $15

Torrwin

CAGiversary!
Feedback
60 (100%)
The folks at Hidden Path entertainment have just "opened up the floodgates", so to speak on the Defense Grid 2 Kickstarter.

**NEW TIERS ADDED**
Get the $30 Tier plus a Razer Naga Hex gaming mouse, Red for $107, Green for $108

The video cards are sold out, but you can still get some great deals on the digital content and help support the game as well.

Tiers
$15 -> Full copies of Defense Grid 1 & Defense Grid 2 (when available) on Steam
$30 -> Above rewards + All DG1 DLC, and extra additional digital content
$50 -> Above rewards + beta access to DG2
$75 -> Above rewards + DG poster and two extra copies of all digital content
$100 -> Above rewards + T-Shirt and signed copy of the poster
$150 -> Above rewards + 8GB Gun Tower USB stick + Fletcher button
$175 -> Above rewards + all 3 t-shirts
$225 -> Above rewards + Razer Naga Hex gaming mouse

More Details
DG1 is available via email almost immediately. You get to keep the game even if the Kickstarter doesn't make the goal.
The video cards are rumored to be the 1GB PowerColor models.
**The video cards will be shipped in September**

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I was a little scared when I read it was going to be Power Color (never used them before) but reading benchmarks and what people are saying about it I'm feeling better.

I'm pretty excited! My Nvidia GTX9800 needs a rest.

[quote name='Torrwin']Two new gaming mice tiers added at the $107 and $108 levels.[/QUOTE]

Man, I was hoping for a better price on the mice. That's just Retail there (maybe $2-3 off of retail). With the deal on the GFX cards I was hoping for a similar discount. Oh well.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Man, I was hoping for a better price on the mice. That's just Retail there (maybe $2-3 off of retail). With the deal on the GFX cards I was hoping for a similar discount. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget to factor in getting DG1 + DLC, whatever that is worth to you. It might not be much, but it is less than retail for a mouse that I don't see on sale often.

[quote name='AionTelos']Well, I was a little scared when I read it was going to be Power Color (never used them before) but reading benchmarks and what people are saying about it I'm feeling better.

I'm pretty excited! My Nvidia GTX9800 needs a rest.[/QUOTE]

Same here I was very comfortable with the idea of Saphirre but after reading a thread, I think it was on Toms Hardware, and all the folks in there had nothing but good things to say about PowerColor.

[quote name='momouchi']Don't forget to factor in getting DG1 + DLC, whatever that is worth to you. It might not be much, but it is less than retail for a mouse that I don't see on sale often.[/QUOTE]

Well, retail for these mice is $80 + $30 for the game, so retail is $110 - the discount is only $3-4 bucks.

I can get the red mouse for $71 on Amazon and the green one for $74, so if I were to buy on Amazon and get the $30 tier on kickstarter it would actually be cheaper than both of their tiers.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Well, retail for these mice is $80 + $30 for the game, so retail is $110 - the discount is only $3-4 bucks.

I can get the red mouse for $71 on Amazon and the green one for $74, so if I were to buy on Amazon and get the $30 tier on kickstarter it would actually be cheaper than both of their tiers.[/QUOTE]

I'll admit I didn't look up anything about the mouse, I just assumed $110 was the retail. Disregard my comment. :whistle2:#

Update on the cards straight from the comment section:

6870:

http://www.powercolor.com/Global/products_features.asp?id=402#Specification

There are multiple variations of the Power Color 6870: the basic (which I think is the one we're getting; tell me if I'm wrong) the PCS, the PCS+, and the PCS++. I only bring this up because some reviews were of the pcs/+ variations.

6770:

http://www.powercolor.com/Global/products_features.asp?id=384#Specification

Knowing all this now I still feel its a solid investment, but I'm on the fence. Don't get me wrong its the cheapest 6870 we'll see for a while, yet I still have my (maybe unfounded) doubts about the Power Color brand.

Anyways, hope that helps anyone who was interested in the exact card info.

Info taken from:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/hiddenpath/defense-grid-2/comments

I have just been told by folks from AMD (who are up at 1am their time by the way - is that crazy or what!) that the particular AMD Radeon HD 6870 card will be this one:
Links are broken
and the particular AMD Radeon HD 6770 card will be this one:
Links are broken here
Now we know more!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='LoneGhost']Update on the cards straight from the comment section:

6870:

http://www.powercolor.com/Global/products_features.asp?id=402#Specification

There are multiple variations of the Power Color 6870: the basic (which I think is the one we're getting; tell me if I'm wrong) the PCS, the PCS+, and the PCS++. I only bring this up because some reviews were of the pcs/+ variations.

6770:

http://www.powercolor.com/Global/products_features.asp?id=384#Specification

Knowing all this now I still feel its a solid investment, but I'm on the fence. Don't get me wrong its the cheapest 6870 we'll see for a while, yet I still have my (maybe unfounded) doubts about the Power Color brand.

Anyways, hope that helps anyone who was interested in the exact card info.[/QUOTE]

In a later comment they say it is in fact the basic version but oh well, the PCS versions aren't anything you can't reach yourself with a bit of voltage increase (though you will void your warranty with PowerColor, some other vendors cover volt increases).

bread's done
Back