Dell: $25 gift card with every video game order, 72 hour sale

tearsintherain

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/sna.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&~topic=gaming-deals

72 hour sale, $25 gift card with all games bought.  Can order multiple games in a single order, should see a $25 gift card promo underneath each one.  Free shipping.

Couple caveats:

- gift card is usable at dell only

- online you can only apply one gift card to a new order.  If you call in you can use up to 3.

- it takes 10-20 days for them to email you the gift card after the item ships.

- the gift cards expire 90 days after issue

- their prices are usually meh

- they are terrible at shipping pre-orders, you will get them usually a WEEK after release date

Here is the link to see all their games, its not just the ones list on the lander page above

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/category.aspx?c=us&category_id=6488&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs

their website is pretty terrible but its Grandpa Dell.  lol at them taking bitcoin though...

I think some of the 3DS, 360, and ps3 games are pretty good deals especially the ones $20-30 like Dishonored GOTY, Mario Kart 7 3DS, most of the Wii U games, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, it's been 20 days since Minecraft for PS3 shipped. Should I go to Dell chat and b**** about it? By that I mean kindly asking for my $25 gift card of course. 

Strike that, reverse it.

I actually already got both my gift cards, I've spent them and received the items I purchased with the cards. My orders came fast, even the back ordered Xbox $5 credit. 

Mine only took 15 days. I was pretty surprised given how most people said theirs took quite a while. 

Too bad these expire before BF though. I can't really think of anything to get with these that would make it worthwhile (outside of new release, MSRP games). 

Mine only took 15 days. I was pretty surprised given how most people said theirs took quite a while.

Too bad these expire before BF though. I can't really think of anything to get with these that would make it worthwhile (outside of new release, MSRP games).
i was going to use mine on a year of PSN+ but they said they will no longer carry psn stuff

Well I guess I'm all right with Minecraft for PS3 (which I'll trade in since I got the 360 version for free. Thanks, Gamestop Treasure Hunt challenge) and then buy Wonderful 101 for Wii U. Here's hoping they'll get my GC in my email tomorrow...morning...or afternoon...whenever.

I just got a $25 e-GC, but I have no idea why. I ordered Diablo 3 UEE and DKC: Tropical Freeze on 8/14 because I had another e-GC expiring that day, but I didn't see any indication of an e-GC attached to either of those. :whistle2:k

Not that I'm complaining.

Dell must love giving out cards i got my 2 last week. Open up my mail today and found another 2.   Now  who knows if all 4 will really work. 

They just either gave me $25 gift card early for my Destiny pre-order or maybe another extra $25 for my The Last of US Remastered order (they email two different $25 gift cards for that game already), lol.

Yeah I ordered two things and got 3 eGCs, not complaining.  As a reminder you can only use one eGC per order online, however if you call in your order you can use two (maybe 3?) in a single order but afaik once you use any part of any eGC the entire thing is burned, so for example don't buy something $30 with two eGCs make it closer (or above) $50.

not sure what to use $75 of eGCs on, its too bad they don't sell steam/PSN/eShop cards

Yeah I ordered two things and got 3 eGCs, not complaining. As a reminder you can only use one eGC per order online, however if you call in your order you can use two (maybe 3?) in a single order but afaik once you use any part of any eGC the entire thing is burned, so for example don't buy something $30 with two eGCs make it closer (or above) $50.

not sure what to use $75 of eGCs on, its too bad they don't sell steam/PSN/eShop cards
Are you saying that that happens when you call in your order? I was able to use a $200 e-GC across several online orders, though it was the only gift card I used for each purchase.

Well that makes me wish I bought two Minecraft copies or something like that...no big deal; I just finally got the eGC. Look out Wonderful 101, here I come...thanks again OP. 

I think the system glitched out and just gave out existing customers that were eligible for the previous promo another gift card today.  According to Vig, he doesn't have another preorder up so he must have received the extra gift card from the previous promotions. 

I just received my second gift card today too.  The only previous order I have with Dell was from the previous 72 hour sale where I only ordered one game.  I did also place an NHL 15 preorder yesterday though but I don't see how I'd get a gift card early from that.  Since this glitch has started happening recently with TLoU preorders, I'm going to put a preorder in for FIFA today also and see how this goes....

In the gift card delivery email, check the reference number. It is the same number as the Dell Purchase ID from your original order.

Searching my email with that reference number, I was able to figure out I got two gift cards for my PS4 Last of Us order back on 8/15, and another this morning. $75 worth of gift cards totally makes up for the game costing $59.99 when it's $49.99 everywhere else.

So is there a glitch going on, or is Dell just being nice?
They're making up for the fact that some people didn't get any gift cards yet by sending everyone a set of gift cards today.

Or something... I don't know really. It sounds like everyone got a gift card delivery this morning. I hope there aren't still people waiting on any.

I did verify that all of my game orders had the $25 gift card listed in the shopping cart and order confirmation email. No issues receiving the gift cards here. Well, the issue of getting extra gift cards, but I'm sure I can make use of them :D

Sweet I got a 2nd $25 GC for the DS4 charging station I bought, $25 for a DS4 charging station and $50 worth of Dell GCs, sounds like a win to me!

They're making up for the fact that some people didn't get any gift cards yet by sending everyone a set of gift cards today.

Or something... I don't know really. It sounds like everyone got a gift card delivery this morning. I hope there aren't still people waiting on any.

I did verify that all of my game orders had the $25 gift card listed in the shopping cart and order confirmation email. No issues receiving the gift cards here. Well, the issue of getting extra gift cards, but I'm sure I can make use of them :D
You're right. My two gift cards are referencing the 72 hour promo purchase I made. I don't think it would have mattered but I had a shipping delay for that order. But basically the site has glitched out on the last couple of orders from TLoU and the 72 hour purchase. If another pair of gift cards come from anybody that did the Madden preorder, then we have a confirmed glitch in the system.

I just got a third GC for The Last of Us. $75 for a $60 purchase($50 of which was paid with other Dell gift cards) isn't bad.

I just received my gift cards, and there was actually one extra gift card.
Dell must love giving out cards i got my 2 last week. Open up my mail today and found another 2. Now who knows if all 4 will really work.
I got mine like two weeks ago and just received emails for more just now.

I spent like 2 hours last night trying to find something on their website to spend it on but didn't see anything I wanted but if these are additional cards, then that make things easier. :D ($100 e-Giftcards for a $96 purchase!)

In the gift card delivery email, check the reference number. It is the same number as the Dell Purchase ID from your original order.

Searching my email with that reference number, I was able to figure out I got two gift cards for my PS4 Last of Us order back on 8/15, and another this morning. $75 worth of gift cards totally makes up for the game costing $59.99 when it's $49.99 everywhere else.
You should have contacted a Dell.com rep to have them refund the $10+tax difference like I did. Then it would have been an even better deal.

You should have contacted a Dell.com rep to have them refund the $10+tax difference like I did. Then it would have been an even better deal.
I tried that and they wouldn't do it. I got two different reasons from two different CS people, and both were complete bull.

Yeah I ordered two things and got 3 eGCs, not complaining. As a reminder you can only use one eGC per order online, however if you call in your order you can use two (maybe 3?) in a single order but afaik once you use any part of any eGC the entire thing is burned, so for example don't buy something $30 with two eGCs make it closer (or above) $50.

That happened to me with gtav preorder. They sent 3x $25 cards for the $59.99+tax game.

I dont think you have to use the entire balance at once if you save the link and/or save all the relevant numbers. Although to combine them is a PITA, so yo probably don't want to leave some useless $2 or $5 balance.

I tried, they denied me :( I was actually keeping the shrink wrap on and considering returning it to them but I'm getting opened after figuring out I got 3 gift cards out of the sale.

I just ordered NHL '15 with two of them. Fingers crossed that this happens again in a few weeks!

So I ordered 3 games and only see 3 gift cards, did I not get in on the stack or am I missing something? Any reason why some got it and some did not?

bread's done
Back