Demon's Souls - Atlus & From Software's Action RPG - October 6

[quote name='lokizz']ok thanks for the help folks ill let the rat bastard live and give up on the treasure.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you want to keep Patches alive because he's the only merchant that sells Hard Arrows. The treasure on the stalagmite is
the Magic Sword Makoto
, and you can only get it after getting pure white world tendency on world 4. You will need this
sword to get your health down to 30% to trigger the Clever Rat's ring, and get increased damage dealt to enemies

I'm planning on starting up Demons Souls again, does any know if the Online system has it set to a Pure Black or Pure White world tendency?

[quote name='Ace_Defective']I don't think so. They usually only do those on special occasions(like when the game went Greatest Hits) & Halloween.[/QUOTE]
Alright that's good, I'm still trying to acquire the Pure Bladestone and I don't want to sign in to see that my world tendency changed to Pure White.

[quote name='AzzidReign']Alright that's good, I'm still trying to acquire the Pure Bladestone and I don't want to sign in to see that my world tendency changed to Pure White.[/QUOTE]

If you are farming Pure Bladestones, it is better to play offline so you can maintain pure black world tendency for days on end. Playing online almost always messes with your world tendency.

I'm late to the party but I got Demons Souls for X-Mas. I finally sat down and played some and love it. I got my ass kicked quite a bit before I got the hang of things.

Any tips for a beginner? I beat the first boss (the giant blob thing) and picked a magician.

[quote name='Rodimus']I'm late to the party but I got Demons Souls for X-Mas. I finally sat down and played some and love it. I got my ass kicked quite a bit before I got the hang of things.

Any tips for a beginner? I beat the first boss (the giant blob thing) and picked a magician.[/QUOTE]
Well if you wouldn't have started the game already I would've recommended you choose the Royal Class because it has the best overall stats for a beginner.

He's already past arguably the hardest part of the game, the first level, not any need for him to reroll with a new class as any class can learn skills, spells, miracles, or handle equipment with equal efficiency.

Go to near the top of the Nexus and talk to Monumental (clay figure with a candle in front of them) to unlock the other 4 worlds. Rather than clearing one world and moving onto the next, I would recommend for starters defeating the first level of each of the 5 worlds. By the time you finish those you will have acquired a nice variety of weapons, armor, etc.

[quote name='Rodimus']^ Cool, thanks for the tip, I'll do that.

The game just kinda throws you in there with little guidance.[/QUOTE]
Here's another tip, your stat for strength and HP are not that important, make sure to read each weapons info because your key to creating a masterful character and also make sure to go to Demon Souls Wiki, best place to find everything you need.

[quote name='Rodimus']^ Cool, thanks for the tip, I'll do that.

The game just kinda throws you in there with little guidance.[/QUOTE]
Also, if you hadn't noticed, next to stockpile Thomas there are quite a few notes on the ground, those possess some more advanced tips which weren't mentioned in the tutorial.

[quote name='Tavohl']i hate this game :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Dodge, roll, lance(thrust), rinse, repeat. Maybe throw in an occasional spell or two....or resurrect.

Or as Daffy said:

Ho!, Ha!, Guard!, Turn!, Parry!, Dodge!, Spin!, Ha!, Thrust! Got it!

Or just use a Royal and blast everything with magic from a distance to start with. Eventually you'll get the feel for the melee combat.

Ugh keep getting skel-handled by the gold skels in at the adjudicator's archstone.

Oh and when I do manage to make it all the way to the boss I get spanked.

Melee chars are so inferior to their magic counterparts. Though I will admit that parrying + riposte is VERY satisfying.

[quote name='maigoyume']Ugh keep getting skel-handled by the gold skels in at the adjudicator's archstone.

Oh and when I do manage to make it all the way to the boss I get spanked.

Melee chars are so inferior to their magic counterparts. Though I will admit that parrying + riposte is VERY satisfying.[/QUOTE]
What's your soul level?

melee characters are definitely the bees knees when you start getting into PvP and the like.

Theres very few spells in the game that can one shot 85% of enemies. Of those spells, none are nearly as fast as a cursed bone sword, or a properly level miracle character with the butcher knife.

the soul level is the char. level?
and i like melee, its just hard to remember the buttons, like i press x or square to attack instead of R1.

Every time you increase a stat you gain one soul level.

Oh you'll learn quickly, especially when you press the wrong button and get killed repeatedly.

[quote name='Tavohl']the soul level is the char. level?
and i like melee, its just hard to remember the buttons, like i press x or square to attack instead of R1.[/QUOTE]
Just remember R1 as shooting so that way you'll never forget how to attack in Demons Souls, it took me a good week before it was finally planted in my brain :lol:

It's not just R1 to attack. It's R1 to use your right hand, L1 to use your left hand. Maybe that will help?

You can dual wield weapons, or hold your catalyst in your left hand, etc. Of course, that's mostly for PvP. Against the computer, I always had a shield in my left hand and it was firmly in place in front of my face 90% of the time.

I was co-oping with a friend of mine and she had a bad habit of blocking hits with her face. Though I have a tendency to go for a parry..............ALL THE TIME.

Parrying is cool, but don't try that in any PvP (if you invade or if someone invades your game). Any amount of lag will make it pretty much impossible.

Why is world 4-1 so popular for being a place to soulsuck? Every time I get summoned I see the Black Phantom and his friend so I just go run off the cliff and die.

[quote name='AzzidReign']Why is world 4-1 so popular for being a place to soulsuck? Every time I get summoned I see the Black Phantom and his friend so I just go run off the cliff and die.[/QUOTE]

It is the generally accepted area to PvP. Some people use the constant stream of invaders to soulsuck them and gain a lot of souls.

[quote name='jaredstorm']Hey guys, I just purchased this game recently. I have yet to play it.

Any pro-tips for a starter like me?[/QUOTE]
Start off with the Royal class if you haven't already, this will allow to get an easy feel of the game. And always remember.....strength isn't everything so don't go boosting that up thinking you'll beat anything that comes in your way.

[quote name='AzzidReign']Start off with the Royal class if you haven't already, this will allow to get an easy feel of the game. And always remember.....strength isn't everything so don't go boosting that up thinking you'll beat anything that comes in your way.[/QUOTE]

Right...strength will help you later on when you want to wield certain weapons - more than anything else. Does it effect damage? Sure, but it is not going to help you hit anything.

[quote name='jaredstorm']Hey guys, I just purchased this game recently. I have yet to play it.

Patience is the key to beating this game(you will die allot). It is hard, but nowhere near as hard as some people make it out to be.

Starting class doesn't matter very much unless you plan on dueling online. You can beat the game with any of them. The Thief & Barbarian would be the hardest starting classes. The Royal, Knight & Temple Knight are the easiest.

This website was very helpful to me.

Good luck.

Classes are just like starting packages. Each class starts with different equipment and base skills, but the differences stop there. Every class can be as proficient with a weapon or a skill as any other class. So if you start with a wizard and decide you want to be a melee character, you can change fighting styles no problem.

In terms of beginning game starting tips:
-In the Nexus, on the ground floor, near stockpile Thomas is an area full of many hints on the floor which will teach you many things about the gameplay.
-You must beat the first boss before you can level up, but if you keep dying and losing your souls you can exit the level and use the souls to purchase healing items from the blacksmith. Items, equipment, and levels purchased with souls are permanently kept after death.
-Find and equip the cling ring (turn around once you dodge the flaming boulder, go to the base of the tower, and pull the lever to find the ring and unlock a permanent shortcut) which increases your max health from 50% to 75% in soul form.
-Once you beat the first level, take the spiral staircase in the Nexus up to the top of the main chamber. Walk up the stairs and make the first right and you will be staring at a massive statue. Turn left and look for the candle on the floor to talk to the Monumental, learn some of the backstory, and unlock the other 4 worlds.

[quote name='Brainberry']I even made this video on how to farm 140,000 souls in 2 min.[/QUOTE]

Abused that for a long time plus it was the method where I finally got the pure sharpstone.

[quote name='bob330i']Abused that for a long time plus it was the method where I finally got the pure sharpstone.[/QUOTE]
I think you mean the Pure Bladestone.

Going to replay through this funny I have 2 copies of the CE on my shelf (one sealed and one opened) still not knowing if I will ever sell it.(sealed)

lol

im amazed more people didnt arrive to that conclusion naturally. it works for SO many games (Borderlands, the one 360 RPG no one bought)

generally speaking, if a game lets you drop an item, but doesnt save instantly....dupe away

I remember invading several hosts duping with their blues. It was hilarious when I killed them and managed to take their stuff before being sent back. Hate mail central. lmao

[quote name='AzzidReign']I'm already getting ready for Demon's Souls 2.[/QUOTE]

Yes come on Project Dark!

ok, i don't know if i missed something, but i just finished the tutorial, and i was watching a video refering to world 1-1. How do i kow which archstone is which? like what's world 1.

[quote name='jab1235']ok, i don't know if i missed something, but i just finished the tutorial, and i was watching a video refering to world 1-1. How do i kow which archstone is which? like what's world 1.[/QUOTE]

It's the one with the blue guy sitting in front. Then count clockwise from there.

bread's done
Back