Destiny Discussion Thread - Fear The Moon Wizards on September 9th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice comparison Gotdott. I have mine maxed out except that I left the Hive Disruptor off. I supposed I will actually want that when I'm in the raid, but we'll see... I really hope this week as a Void burn so I can use it in the Nightfall.

If only they'd replace that Phantom Gift perk with Firefly...

Also, that video is nice but I couldn't help but notice he almost dies a couple of times when playing tag with the thralls. One time he comes super close. Also, what is with the weird jumping with the left hand doing something strange? I have never seen my Warlock jump like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
If only they'd replace that Phantom Gift perk with Firefly...

Also, that video is nice but I couldn't help but notice he almost dies a couple of times when playing tag with the thralls. One time he comes super close. Also, what is with the weird jumping with the left hand doing something strange? I have never seen my Warlock jump like that.
With its current fire rate and everything that would be crazy if it had firefly. I would settle for even Outlaw over Phantom Gift.

I am not sure if you are serious about the jumping/left hand comment.... I did not notice anything strange. He is using Blink with his Voidwalker so technically he is teleporting, but I did not notice anything off with his hand animation in the video.

I think he's pressing the back button x2 (or whatever its called now) when he jumps and it seems like its maybe its giving him a little extra air time?

With its current fire rate and everything that would be crazy if it had firefly. I would settle for even Outlaw over Phantom Gift.

I am not sure if you are serious about the jumping/left hand comment.... I did not notice anything strange. He is using Blink with his Voidwalker so technically he is teleporting, but I did not notice anything off with his hand animation in the video.
Pretty sure a good chunk of the hours io has spent in this game has been mastering the VoG jump with his Titan ;)

BrolyB593 said:
It just looks odd to me - mine never moves that way. But yeah, I guess I forgot blink was even a thing. I've never used it, as I'm always trying to go for height.

Really the only time I ever play Voidwalker is when doing the Eris bounties that require it. That is an interesting strategy on the thralls. I wonder, though, why he used Word of Crota since he almost never fired it. Abyss Defiant (the auto rifle) I think has the +2 agility perk which I'd think would be key there. Unless maybe he had Icebreaker with the same thing. I assume they don't stack. Also, do you have to be holding one of those weapons for the perk, or just have it equipped?

And hey, Gotdott, I'm just fine jumping with my Warlock and Titan now. What screws me up is the damn Hunter jumps ;).

Anyone have a cp by the 2nd chest?  Need to get that on all 3 characters for shards//etc before reset.  Would do deathsingers too if a group wanted.

GLOCKGLOCK said:
Anyone have a cp by the 2nd chest? Need to get that on all 3 characters for shards//etc before reset. Would do deathsingers too if a group wanted.
Sorry I finished it all up with my 3 chars. Just over 3 hours till reset! Hopefully we'll know a lot more after a run or two (about armor and non-primary weapon drops, and the almighty Crux).

Sorry I finished it all up with my 3 chars. Just over 3 hours till reset! Hopefully we'll know a lot more after a run or two (about armor and non-primary weapon drops, and the almighty Crux).
No worries, found a group to run it really quick. Got the chest on all 3 guys then beat the rest on normal. Did not get any drops from crota so guessing if you beat it on hard you can't get normal drops at all. Seems like this loot table is messed up. I have the weapons, but I'm guessing there is a higher chance of getting the helmet on hard so I'm tempted to run hard, but I'd still like to get the Rocket Launcher at some point. I'm sure they will clarify soon...

RADa5AURU5 said:
Nightfall is Omnigull with... EVERY kind of burn. Gonna be nuts! Weekly is just solar.
Yep, not too bad. I just tore up the weekly with my Abyss Defiant.

Ran Crota twice on Hard after reset. Short version:

- Two people got Crux of Crota on the first run, none on the second
- The Normal mode special/heavy weapons do not drop at Crota

Longer version:

First run we were doing really well and on pace to beat it in 45 minutes. But just when we were finished with Ogres and about to mop up Crota, one of those infamous glitches they never fix popped up: the disappearing sword. Then it took us another hour to beat it. The second time we did it in about an hour total though. I missed out on the second chest one time because the shrieker blast killed me after everyone else had revived and I couldn't be revived or rejoin at that point. Oh well...

I got two more Scout rifles I think. The second time I got the Scout rifle, the ship, the sparrow, No Land Beyond, and some shards. I also now have 4 of the pulse rifles.

After that I ran the Nightfall with some of Vendetta's friends who had added me after we ran the raid last week. You have to be really careful of the boomers in this one. Like I said, though, the Weekly was a breeze and I was having fun just mowing stuff down with my nearly fully-upgraded Abyss Defiant. It does disorient Omnigull, but only for a few seconds.

There were some theories and even something supposedly posted by Bungie about needing to equip Glowhoo to get the Crux. Nope. One person had every Hard mode raid weapon on them (thinking that would make it more likely to get something different) and was wearing Glowhoo and got it. Another was wearing a different shader and did not have all of their Raid weapons with them and got it. We got it 2 out of 12 drops across the 2 Raids. Of course I didn't get one.

And the Nightfall trolled me yet again with a legendary primary weapon (thus 2 only ascendant energy). Hell, the Weekly at least gave me the 9 coins plus a legendary engram that turned into legendary gloves (and thus 2 shards and some much-needed sapphire wire).

I still have my Titan to run through the Raid. I'm down for a Normal run (so I can get Hunger of Crota) Tuesday night or Wednesday night if some of the people on here who don't run it all the time want to try.

I'll also be up for 2 more Nightfalls/Weeklies Tuesday evening.

Ran the hard raid last night (minus Crota) and only got mats. That's okay, I still need a handful to reach 32, but I was hoping to at least snag the auto rifle or something.

I did pick up Plan C from a Vanguard Roc strike though, first time I've gotten anything better than a blue from a strike!

E6iGAkT.jpg

Looks like there are a bunch of people reporting getting the Crux now today. Sucks you didn't get one io but you still have hope with your Titan this week!

That is pretty crazy that everything has a burn for the Nightfall! And with the new Auto the Weekly sounds like it will indeed be a breeze like you said io. 

I have a crap ton of work to get done tonight after work but I hope I can squeeze in maybe a Nightfall or Raid

Since you don't get a chance of heavy weapons from hard is it best to run it normal first and then hard, or does hard have a double chance at primaries?

I hit 32 bright and early this AM thx to Vendetta and his friends taking me through the first half on hard (they also took my warlock to Gorgons before reset where I backtracked and got an icebreaker). I'm ready to take out Crota on hard, Invite me if you need a boomer buster.

Since you don't get a chance of heavy weapons from hard is it best to run it normal first and then hard, or does hard have a double chance at primaries?

I hit 32 bright and early this AM thx to Vendetta and his friends taking me through the first half on hard (they also took my warlock to Gorgons before reset where I backtracked and got an icebreaker). I'm ready to take out Crota on hard, Invite me if you need a boomer buster.
Cool kids don't kill the boomers on Hard : P

Congrats on finally hitting that 32! And in regards to double chances I am not sure. I have gotten everything from the Raid and only ran it on Hard so either I had double chances or RNG is just much better. If you still don't have the Hunger of Crota though I would definitely just play Normal first either way.

Cool kids don't kill the boomers on Hard : P

Congrats on finally hitting that 32! And in regards to double chances I am not sure. I have gotten everything from the Raid and only ran it on Hard so either I had double chances or RNG is just much better. If you still don't have the Hunger of Crota though I would definitely just play Normal first either way.
I had a primary drop from Crota on all 3 of my hard mode kills last week and I did not do normal first. From what I can gather if you take out crota on Hard first you get a shot a drop from the hard mode loot table and double shards/energy. If you do normal then hard it is the same as in VoG, If you do normal after hard you do not get a chance at a normal mode drop.

I had a primary drop from Crota on all 3 of my hard mode kills last week and I did not do normal first. From what I can gather if you take out crota on Hard first you get a shot a drop from the hard mode loot table and double shards/energy. If you do normal then hard it is the same as in VoG, If you do normal after hard you do not get a chance at a normal mode drop.
I would agree with this based on what I have seen too. If you need stuff from Normal I would do Normal first. I have everything already so I will likely bypass it each week due to lack of time. If anything actually I might run my Titan on normal first this week if I can because I would prefer a chest piece that doesn't give extra Pulse and Shotgun ammo!

I would agree with this based on what I have seen too. If you need stuff from Normal I would do Normal first. I have everything already so I will likely bypass it each week due to lack of time. If anything actually I might run my Titan on normal first this week if I can because I would prefer a chest piece that doesn't give extra Pulse and Shotgun ammo!
Yea, if someone verifies that you can get Crux on Hard mode after already doing Normal in a week that would be ideal for me. Then I can farm Normal Crota for Hunger of Crota, Hard Crota for Crux, then do the 2nd bridge on hard to get that Assault Rifle and be done with running this raid. I think I have hit the crota wall.

Also not sure if anyone saw this but apparently Bungie has acknowledged the shorcomings of the loot system they encountered when this expansion released and they intend to make things better when House of Wolves releases in a few months:

http://planetdestiny.com/destiny-loot-mistakes/

REALLY cool kids do not even touch the Boomers ; )
Friends don't let friends touch the Boomers

not even "a few months"

it's like 6 weeks and then we can all finally stop playing Destiny (except for Broly, he's going to be here until he can physically build the Tower with his backlog) 

not even "a few months"

it's like 6 weeks and then we can all finally stop playing Destiny (except for Broly, he's going to be here until he can physically build the Tower with his backlog)
I turned on my Wii U last night!!!

And promptly turned it off after waiting forever for a system update and then played more Destiny instead : P

not even "a few months"

only 6 weeks? I guess it has been almost 2 months since Crota launched. From what I have seen on this next expansion it is even more half assed than Crota was. I guess that is what to expect when they pull content from the retail release to make DLC...

Last night we did the trick where someone went on the other side of the boomer tower and shot at the wall to distract them. It worked great but was probably immensely boring for the guy who had to do that. He pretty much just shot at a wall for an hour and a half. But that's what you have to do when you haven't been blessed with the almighty G-horn!

BrolyB593 said:
You don't have to run Normal to get armor. We had armor drops along with the primaries (some people got both) at the first two checkpoints. And you have a better chance of a helm in Hard than Normal at Crota. So the only reason to run Normal is for the ever-loving !%$@^% Hunger of Crota.

I forgot I also need to snag that first chest on my Hunter. It wasn't in the first 5 doors when we ran it and we just skipped it to get to the good stuff. But I need more shards to level up alternate, slightly better, gear.

I'll be on around 7:30-8 Pacific if anyone is around for Normal, Hard, or the Nightfall. If we want to organize an actual CAG run on Normal like the good ol' days I'm all up for that. It sounds like there are a few of us who need Hunger of Crota and a few others who need to run it in any form.

Last night we did the trick where someone went on the other side of the boomer tower and shot at the wall to distract them. It worked great but was probably immensely boring for the guy who had to do that. He pretty much just shot at a wall for an hour and a half. But that's what you have to do when you haven't been blessed with the almighty G-horn!

You don't have to run Normal to get armor. We had armor drops along with the primaries (some people got both) at the first two checkpoints. And you have a better chance of a helm in Hard than Normal at Crota. So the only reason to run Normal is for the ever-loving !%$@^% Hunger of Crota.
Haha! We did that to someone last night too.

He was the only 31 in our group. He used Atheons Epilogue and Ice Breaker... AE because of the massive ammo supply and IB for regen ammo.

And yeah, armor can drop during hard mode. Normal is best saved to get the Special and Heavy weapons.

Anybody not run the nightfall yet? I'll be online around 8:30 est. I much rather get 2 from here than use the destiny app. Gamer tag is BxJoka

I still have my Titan to run through the Raid. I'm down for a Normal run (so I can get Hunger of Crota) Tuesday night or Wednesday night if some of the people on here who don't run it all the time want to try.

I'll also be up for 2 more Nightfalls/Weeklies Tuesday evening.
I saw CHammer got the Necrochasm. Who else got it?

Also I got Hunger of Crota on my first normal run with my titan. :D

But... I also have the Deathsinger Normal save, I can pass over to you if you want it.

My RNG so far for 3 clears on HM through the Bridge, and one full normal run and 2 nightfalls:

2x Abyss Defiant

2x Oversoul Edict

1x Patience & Time (yay upgraded version!)

1x Hunger of Crota FINALLY!!!

Vendetta_x360 said:
I saw CHammer got the Necrochasm. Who else got it?

Also I got Hunger of Crota on my first normal run with my titan. :D

But... I also have the Deathsinger Normal save, I can pass over to you if you want it.
Lucky bastard. I guess I could take that save but without a team I really can't do much with it. If the guys on CAG (and where has Moose gone by the way?) want to run it from Deathsinger, though, maybe we can make quick work of it.

Like I said, I'll be on around 7:30 - 8 Pacific.

Foxy was the other one that got it in our Raid. Considering that she was only able to run 2 chars through last week that is pretty good. Also, she never got the Vex Mythoclast after several Atheon hard mode clears, so it was nice to see her get the Crux first try. Hopefully CHammer is still motivated to help the rest of us out now that he has everything in less than a week!

On the other hand, everything I'm reading about the Necrochasm seems to imply it isn't all that great and that Abyss Defiant is the better auto-rifle from this Raid. Basically, except for perhaps Abyss Defiant vs. Atheon's Epilogue, it seems all the VoG weapons are head and shoulders above their Crota counterparts.

Lucky bastard. I guess I could take that save but without a team I really can't do much with it. If the guys on CAG (and where has Moose gone by the way?) want to run it from Deathsinger, though, maybe we can make quick work of it.

Like I said, I'll be on around 7:30 - 8 Pacific.

Foxy was the other one that got it in our Raid. Considering that she was only able to run 2 chars through last week that is pretty good. Also, she never got the Vex Mythoclast after several Atheon hard mode clears, so it was nice to see her get the Crux first try. Hopefully CHammer is still motivated to help the rest of us out now that he has everything in less than a week!

On the other hand, everything I'm reading about the Necrochasm seems to imply it isn't all that great and that Abyss Defiant is the better auto-rifle from this Raid. Basically, except for perhaps Abyss Defiant vs. Atheon's Epilogue, it seems all the VoG weapons are head and shoulders above their Crota counterparts.
I have friends that still need either Hunger of Crota or Black Hammer so I can definitely get you in on those if we run them tonight. I will probably be on like 30 minutes or so after you hop on.

Also... I just ran my final Nightfall and got

ANOTHER PATIENCE & TIME.... :booty:

My RNG is absolutely insane right now. I got 2 of all the primary weapons now minus the HC. Hopefully I can nab the Crux on one of my clears :)

EDIT: The way I see it, since everything before Crota has double drops, there is no reason to really do any of it if you are eligible for the hard raid. That said, I don't think it should be too hard to be able to get people to start at Deathsingers.

Also I have the Oracles CP as always. Until one of my buddies gets that damn Fate Bringer, I will keep it. After that I think we are going to keep the Gorgon CP around for the exotic chest. Since Gatekeeper and Atheon are really easy to kill and the possibility of Vex and/or an Exotic from Atheon will entice people to keep killing him.

Just did a Crota kill and that was it and I am off to more homework but that one kill got me a second Scout, Shards, Energy and the Ship. Broke the Scout down but at least I got the new ship. Pretty decent looking. Nobody got Crux of Crota on our run.

Dang, people move fast in this game. I can't find anyone to do Nightfall with after just under a day since reset (since they've all done it already) ;).

We did Crota up TO Crota but I need to kill him for the Hunger of Crota. I guess I'll go to LFG.

I'd love to do nightfall today but been dealing with a migraine that won't go away.   I did last week's yesterday with an LFG group, that worked great.   Love that site now!

LinkinPrime said:
I'd love to do nightfall today but been dealing with a migraine that won't go away. I did last week's yesterday with an LFG group, that worked great. Love that site now!
Yeah, I ended up doing one with Vendetta even though he had already done it and then another one later (like 3am Pacific) via LFG. I actually ended up with like 8 invites mere seconds after I posted. I've never seen that happen before.

Then Vendetta's group was nice enough to hit Crota on Normal (before Hard) so I'd have a chance for Hunger of Crota. Man, was that easy compared to what we've been trying to do the last week... Wow. In any case, I just got 2 shards or energy. I think at this point I'll just try to run Hard until I get the Necrochasm and then I'll just run LFG Crota checkpoints to get Hunger of Crota. Though without a competent swordbearer even Normal can be a pain.

The Hard run on Crota didn't go nearly as well. The swordbearer Knight was being a pain (hiding in the Ogre rooms and such) and caused us to take too much time and thus wipe on several otherwise flawless runs. So we ended up stopping. So as of now I've done everything Raid/Nightfall/Weekly related except beat Crota on hard with my Titan and do the Weekly with my Warlock.

I now have an Abyss Defiant and Oversoul Edict for each of my characters. I think I had gotten 5 Oversoul Edicts actually (that is the pulse rifle that drops from the first checkpoint). I had at least 4, anyway, and just dismantled the 4th one a few minutes ago as I was trying to organize my characters. I have 2 of the Scout Rifle and am working on maxing one of those (at least). And I have one maxed Word of Crota.

I have 2 or 3 Black Hammers and it probably makes the most sense for me to get a max version of that on each character before doing multiples of the primaries. It is such a good weapon to have in reserve if not just as your main sniper. Of course I still need Hunger of Crota and until that time I'll have to continue swapping my one and only G-Horn. I believe I got that from one of my earliest Nightfalls - back when the game used to give me lots of exotics. Oh yeah, by the way, this was probably the worst week of Nightfalls yet. I got 3 legendary weapons across my characters for a total of 6 utterly useless ascendant energies. Usually one of my 3 runs at least gets 12 energy or coins or something. Or at least one of the weapons is somewhat useful (like an arc rocket launcher or something). Instead I got a pulse rifle, an auto rifle (useless now that I have Abyss Defiant), and a shotgun (the same one the game continues to give me repeatedly).

Got the Necrochasm :D

Only need the Hand Cannon to have every raid weapon. :)
Nice! Did you run hard mode only? Is the weapon any good? A random I was running nightfall with last night said his buddy got it and the weapon sucked, but I'm thinking that might just have been some sour grapes on his part. Anyone else get Crux?

I got the Auto Rifle so all I need is Crux and the Rocket Launcher. Didn't do any crota runs last night as I wanted to get the nightfall/weekly out of the way and hopefully get the auto rifle as well.

GLOCKGLOCK said:
Nice! Did you run hard mode only? Is the weapon any good? A random I was running nightfall with last night said his buddy got it and the weapon sucked, but I'm thinking that might just have been some sour grapes on his part. Anyone else get Crux?
2 of the people I normally run with got it on our first run after the reset. On the second run no one got it. Both were hard mode only.

I haven't been hearing great things about it. And Abyss Defiant is so nice and doesn't take an exotic slot, so it would have to be really good to get a lot of use over that or Fatebringer/Word of Crota/Fang of Ir Yut, let along replace any other legendary/exotic weapons people usually run with. But I still want one regardless ;).

Every drop give me radiant energy......taking that as a sign that maybe it's time to move on to Dragon Age.
Same here... I got like 15 radiant energies all told last night when all I needed was shards. No guns either. :p But after using up all my glimmer on Eris Morn's trade-in program, I'm finally 32. :)

I stayed up for reset Monday night and got about an hour and a half of sleep; this resulted in me falling asleep on my couch at 7:30 last night and sleeping there all night. So if anyone needs to do, oh EVERYTHING, hit me up.

Hey, I'd really like to do a full VoG run this weekend for no other reason other than it's fun and I haven't done it in a while. Anyone interested? Friday night?

RADa5AURU5 said:
I stayed up for reset Monday night and got about an hour and a half of sleep; this resulted in me falling asleep on my couch at 7:30 last night and sleeping there all night. So if anyone needs to do, oh EVERYTHING, hit me up.
Heh - I was wondering where you were ;).

simosaurus said:
Hey, I'd really like to do a full VoG run this weekend for no other reason other than it's fun and I haven't done it in a while. Anyone interested? Friday night?
Unfortunately this weekend is bad for me. My daughter's school is hosting a dance competition and with her on the team that means tons of work from me Friday evening through Saturday.

Sunday evening may be the best time for me if you want to do a VoG run.

If you do not have enough Sim I am down haven't done it in a long time 28 Titan :) hope to be 30 by Friday through

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back