Destiny Discussion Thread - Fear The Moon Wizards on September 9th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice! Did you run hard mode only? Is the weapon any good? A random I was running nightfall with last night said his buddy got it and the weapon sucked, but I'm thinking that might just have been some sour grapes on his part. Anyone else get Crux?

I got the Auto Rifle so all I need is Crux and the Rocket Launcher. Didn't do any crota runs last night as I wanted to get the nightfall/weekly out of the way and hopefully get the auto rifle as well.
Honestly for all work to get it, the gun itself is a huge disappointment. Not enough impact, constantly reloading. The explody thrall perk is pretty cool though. For me it is more about having the damn gun since I would much rather use Abyss Defiant, Suros, and Hard Light over it.

I ran hard only on my Warlock, which is the character that got the crux.

Comparing the two sets of Raid weapons I have:

Fang of Ir Yut = Vision of Confluence -I like Fang better due to the increased Mag size. Both are solid guns though

Abyss Defiant >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Atheon's Epilogue -I don't have AD leveled completely but I already love it more. I might argue it is the best Crota weapon, though I love Fang of Ir Yut a lot too.

Sword Breaker = Found Verdict = All shotguns suck IMO ;) Though I will admit Verdict is a beast in PvP

Black Hammer > Praedyth's Revenge -PR's stability is pretty damn nice to have in PvP for sure but the Precision Mag perk is so awesome. I actually like Hammer better than IceBreaker by a freaking mile!!

Hunger of Crota > Hezen Vengeance -HoC = G'horn Jr. I like having it now since it enables me to have tracking rockets and running icebreaker.

I can't compare the 2 Hand Cannons or the 2 Pulse rifles. Anyone who has seen my posts or has played with me knows that I'm of the belief that the Fate Bringer is the best PvE non-exotic in the game. I'd even argue it is the best primary weapon period. ;)

I'm not a fan of Pulse Rifles but I am enjoying Oversoul Edict. The perk for Full Auto is nice. I'm anxious to pair that with Field Scout and see how that works since I don't think the kick on the gun is too bad. Currently I'm switching Abyss and Hunger of Crota between my 3 guys to level them up. Sadly I only have enough shards this week to level up 1 of the 2 unless I transfer shards over to energy.

I knew I had to get a clear in yesterday on hard. My drops were too ridiculous to not do so!

Final Tally:

2 each of Oversoul Edict and Abyss Defiant after not getting either last week on 3 clears of the 2 parts on Crota.

1 Titan Raid Chest (now I can hit 32 but my rolls on all my gear is absolutely atrocious :bomb: )

2 Patience & Time

1 (making it my 3rd) Fang of Ir Yut <--- This dropped with my Crux :lol:

1 Hunger of Crota (Sorry Glock & io) ;)

1 Cruz of Crota/1 Necrochasm

Not too bad and I still have 2 VoG runs from Oracles and 1 VoG from Gatekeeper as well as a Crota kill on hard mode.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vendetta - if you are planning to finish up that Hard run (by the way I never did get that checkpoint back from that other guy) I'd love to join in again and get it done. I have to work tonight so I won't be on the Xbox unless you tell me here or via PM that you are ready to go (or otherwise set up a time for it in advance).

Vendetta - if you are planning to finish up that Hard run (by the way I never did get that checkpoint back from that other guy) I'd love to join in again and get it done. I have to work tonight so I won't be on the Xbox unless you tell me here or via PM that you are ready to go (or otherwise set up a time for it in advance).
I'm planning to get a group together tonight. I'll be on in about 2.5-3 hours from this post. The sword guy said he'd run it again tonight.

Vendetta_x360 said:
I'm planning to get a group together tonight. I'll be on in about 2.5-3 hours from this post. The sword guy said he'd run it again tonight.
OK, so I'm reading that as about 8:30-9 Pacific. I'll try to be on then. We were so close. I feel with that same group we can clear it in a couple of tries.

OK, so I'm reading that as about 8:30-9 Pacific. I'll try to be on then. We were so close. I feel with that same group we can clear it in a couple of tries.
Boom! That was a smooth clear. I bet had we not hesitated the time before, we would have cleared it then. ChoBo ran that sword like a freaking boss! And I got my Word of Crota to have all the Crota guns now :)

Vendetta_x360 said:
Boom! That was a smooth clear. I bet had we not hesitated the time before, we would have cleared it then. ChoBo ran that sword like a freaking boss! And I got my Word of Crota to have all the Crota guns now :)
Yeah, that was nice. I got yet another Scout rifle (that makes 3).

What happened with the group after we left? I saw you back in there helping them out and ChoBo was gone.

I just need an odd assortment of things from this Raid at this point (in decreasing order of importance):

1) Crux of Crota
2) Hunger of Crota
3) Hunter helm
4) Hunter class item
5) Warlock class item

If I could just get that first one then I'd never need to run Hard mode again.

At this point I'm just picking out alternative armor to level up and trying to get a maxed Abyss Defiant/Fang of Ir Yut for each of my characters (I also have an Oversoul Edict for each one but that would be last to level up). I'd also get each character a Word of Crota but I only have one of those. But that just means running lots of bounties all to level up primaries, which is kind of a pain since I don't really have any special/heavy or even armor to max while I'm at it. Hopefully Xur will help with that this week.

My next question will be what is required to level up House of Wolves gear? (And yeah, that was kind of rhetorical since I know no one knows that yet). If that continues to be radiant mats, then I might not level all those alternate weapons up and save the mats instead.

So I was in a weird place last night. I did not feel like playing a videogame. Haha I turned on Destiny then turned it off. Then went to my PS4 and turned it off and then went back to my X1 and eventually loaded up Shadows of Mordor and did a quick Trials Mode mission or whatever and then turned it off too. I am in a gaming slump where I just am not motivated to play. My biggest thing is usually rewards but now that Destiny is pretty much sucked dry I am just like eh. I really could use some Bloodbourne and X1 Dark Souls 2 action. : /

Yeah, that was nice. I got yet another Scout rifle (that makes 3).

What happened with the group after we left? I saw you back in there helping them out and ChoBo was gone.

My next question will be what is required to level up House of Wolves gear? (And yeah, that was kind of rhetorical since I know no one knows that yet). If that continues to be radiant mats, then I might not level all those alternate weapons up and save the mats instead.
I guess he wasn't feeling too well. They only got a clear on normal I guess. It is okay though there is plenty of time to get some hard clears done. I think I am ready to be a sword wielder now though. I've been watching everyone that does it and I think I have it down. Just need to hone the timing a tad bit and I think I will be okay.

Man I'm totally about to hit the wall with gear. All I need from the 2 raids and random exotics:

-Titan Helmet from Crota

-Titan Class Item from Crota

-Praedyth's Timepiece

-Titan Chest & Arms from VoG

-Red Death

-Random Exotics:

Helms: Saint-14, Skull of Dire Ahamkara

Gauntlets: No Back Up Plans, Ruin Wings, Sunbreakers, Claws of Ahamkara

Chests: Crest of Alpha Lupi for both Hunter & Titan, Voidfang Vestments

Upgrades:

-Young Ahamkara's Spine

-Pocket Infinity

-Invective

^ I have the bounties for both, just need to complete them.

Don't know what I am going to do when I get all that stuff and have a full collection... ;)

EDIT: I have to say it feels pretty good to have all 6 Hunter Helms maxed (the 2 raids and 4 exotics). I really want to do that with my Warlock next if I can get the Skull of Ahamkara. :D

So I was in a weird place last night. I did not feel like playing a videogame. Haha I turned on Destiny then turned it off. Then went to my PS4 and turned it off and then went back to my X1 and eventually loaded up Shadows of Mordor and did a quick Trials Mode mission or whatever and then turned it off too. I am in a gaming slump where I just am not motivated to play. My biggest thing is usually rewards but now that Destiny is pretty much sucked dry I am just like eh. I really could use some Bloodbourne and X1 Dark Souls 2 action. : /
Hardline beta next week ;), want to join?

Hardline beta next week ;), want to join?
It is looking good yeah. I am just not in the mood to shoot stuff though haha Like I have been playing FPS it feels like for so many months and even when I broke it up with DA:I I was still playing Destiny and stuff in between. I even just picked up Shadow Warrior on PSN for $6 but again, eh fps.

I want to play some sort of action fantasy game or even some sort of cool sci fi all with nice leveling and progression.

I was looking at Lords of the Fallen but at full MSRP it is a hard pill to swallow to pay full price this far past release when on Steam I could have picked it up for like $23 with all the DLC.

I then was thinking Bayonetta 2 or Hyrule Warriors but I just do not feel like playing on my Wii U.

I want to play SOMETHING on my PS4 but there is nothing really that fits the bill. Their exclusives so far suck and so all I really have is all the free PS+ titles and a few small indie games. I was thinking of snagging the new Guilty Gear but again I want something with actual progression.

I am tempted to hook back up either my PS3 or 360 and play on those for some older titles I never got to but I really do not want to.

I want to play Destiny but like, I just have no push right now. I have nearly every single thing except for the Crux of Crota and people are saying it is just 'meh' anyway plus with the new DLC coming soon I don't care to max out all my Exotics that I don't use because I don't want to have to redo it all again for no purpose like I was forced to this time around.

Bah. First world problems for real.

It is looking good yeah. I am just not in the mood to shoot stuff though haha Like I have been playing FPS it feels like for so many months and even when I broke it up with DA:I I was still playing Destiny and stuff in between. I even just picked up Shadow Warrior on PSN for $6 but again, eh fps.

I want to play some sort of action fantasy game or even some sort of cool sci fi all with nice leveling and progression.

I was looking at Lords of the Fallen but at full MSRP it is a hard pill to swallow to pay full price this far past release when on Steam I could have picked it up for like $23 with all the DLC.

I then was thinking Bayonetta 2 or Hyrule Warriors but I just do not feel like playing on my Wii U.

I want to play SOMETHING on my PS4 but there is nothing really that fits the bill. Their exclusives so far suck and so all I really have is all the free PS+ titles and a few small indie games. I was thinking of snagging the new Guilty Gear but again I want something with actual progression.

I am tempted to hook back up either my PS3 or 360 and play on those for some older titles I never got to but I really do not want to.

I want to play Destiny but like, I just have no push right now. I have nearly every single thing except for the Crux of Crota and people are saying it is just 'meh' anyway plus with the new DLC coming soon I don't care to max out all my Exotics that I don't use because I don't want to have to redo it all again for no purpose like I was forced to this time around.

Bah. First world problems for real.
Bro, 64% completion on ME2 and 19% completion on ME3? I am ashamed.

Hey, I'd really like to do a full VoG run this weekend for no other reason other than it's fun and I haven't done it in a while. Anyone interested? Friday night?
Sunday evening may be the best time for me if you want to do a VoG run.
If you do not have enough Sim I am down haven't done it in a long time 28 Titan :) hope to be 30 by Friday through
Linkin and I ran Nightfall last night and discussed doing VOG and Crota back to back on normal with our newer characters. Would anyone else be down for that on Sunday night? Let's try and lock down a set time. I'm pretty much free anytime Sunday night.

I'm hung up in leveling due to warlock Hadronic whatever. Is the best method to glimmer farm and buy armor to break down?
That or doing Vanguard Roc strikes since you can get Marks while doing it as well as blue engrams to level up cryptarch and then shard for materials. I'm going back and forth with my Titan right now since plasteel is preventing me from leveling up my raid gear. Currently I'm glimmer farming because I had to buy rare fusion rifles to break down for my pocket infinity bounty. After I get decent amount of glimmer (around 8-10k), I'll go back to running strikes I think since glimmer farming is so damn boring.

Bro, 64% completion on ME2 and 19% completion on ME3? I am ashamed.
Ugh, don't bring up ME. I actually thought about it as I was typing up that rant.

I absolutely LOVED ME1 and played the poop out of it. ME2 I played only a single playthrough but made that last like crazy. And then 3...

Excited for 3 I was all stoked to import my character from the previous games, as is the big draw with each subsequent release in the series. Well. About a month or so before ME3 was to be released, I was staying up late at night and I was not able to log into my account. I kept trying over and over again and everything was acting really weird. Internet was fine, console was fine, just my account seemed corrupted. Well my 3am self or whatever time it was decided, hey let me just delete my account and then just recover it back, surely that will fix the problem, right? Made sense to me, though I had never deleted an account before and when prompted with the question, Delete account or delete account and items (or whatever it was) I thought to myself yeah sure the items as if clearing out my cookies on a pc or whatever not even thinking what it entailed and I clicked okay.

I CLICKED OKAY.

There was no secondary prompt or anything confirming and reminding me just exactly what that meant.

Well, the story ended like shit.

ONE.

My account got hacked, they got to the credit card and they used up all of my hundreds of dollars on the XBL account itself.

TWO.

I DELETED EVERY SINGLE GAME SAVE FROM EVERY SINGLE GAME EVER in that one single action. EVERYTHING. That means from the release of the 360 up until the release of ME3 all of those games, every single one, HUNDREDS of game saves, THOUSANDS UPON THOUSANDS OF HOURS... all gone.

So then when I thought about it more, that meant no import for ME3 too then obviously. So I decided, eff it. I will just replay all through one and two before three comes out. Mind you I was busy with school and other responsibilities at the time and so any little bit of free time I had was dedicated to meticulously going through and doing as much as I possibly could in those previous two games.

By the time 3 came out however I was only about half way done with my fresh run of 2. I told myself well I can't start the single player until I beat 2. So I dove into the MP, which I got crazy hooked on and played a ton. At that point though I had totally burnt out on ME because I had just played WAYYYY too much of it in such a short time and then add on the fact that all my friends complained about how terrible the ending was I just never went back.

A few months ago I actually grabbed 2 planning to finish it and then finally move on to 3 and then literally that week Bioware said that they had plans to move the trilogy over to X1/PS4 and I decided well since I waited this long now at this point I might as well just wait for the full upgrade/overhaul and all of the DLC together.

So yeah. Mass Effect is a gaming wound I try to forget for now because yeah...

I'm hung up in leveling due to warlock Hadronic whatever. Is the best method to glimmer farm and buy armor to break down?
I have the same problem with my Titan.

I have tried every possible way to get armor parts and while Vanguard Strikes is more enjoyable by far, farming glimmer (especially with a friend where you can just continually super off of one another) and then buying the cheapest green from your Vanguard, breaking it down and then repeating the farming is hands down the most time effective way to get as much as possible.

wall of excuses
you currently have the discs and the time. seriously go finish it. i am just going to stand over here with chubby/simo/ryuu/everyone and collectively shake our heads until you do. ME3 was 99% awesome, ending or no ending.

(also go play xcom and name everyone in your squad after mass effect characters :joystick: )

Whoa, CAG is all different and stuff!

BrolyB593 said:
What's funny is that I can't seem to play anything but Destiny. After those Raid clears and running bounties to level up the Scout rifle I figured I was done with Destiny for the night at the bright and early time of before midnight! Then I did some work and wanted to play a bit more before bed. I figured I'd get back to DA:I. But then when I booted up the Xbox, I just couldn't resist starting up Destiny again to get the new bounties after reset. I really have nothing to do other than to level up the pulse rifle and seconds/thirds of the other Raid weapons, but that's what I started doing. I just can't pull myself away. And tonight is Xur so I'll be back for sure...

Gotdott: you seem to be MIA from Destiny this week! We could have used a 5th and 6th for that Normal CAG run on Tuesday evening (we ended up stopping at Crota).

RADa5AURU5 said:
I have this problem on my Hunter and I've found by far the best way is to do Roc strikes. I usually end up with several engrams when doing so. If you then combine that with bounties you can level up those blue (or rare purple) armors when turning in bounties and break them down afterwards - you get more sapphire wire that way. Plus you have a chance for the rare ships from running Roc strikes. There is a guy on the Destiny forum running 300 strikes to try to figure out some odds. He has the ships currently (with just a small data set so far) at 1%. So I'm definitely glad I got at least one so far.

Whoa, CAG is all different and stuff!

BrolyB593 said:
What's funny is that I can't seem to play anything but Destiny. After those Raid clears and running bounties to level up the Scout rifle I figured I was done with Destiny for the night at the bright and early time of before midnight! Then I did some work and wanted to play a bit more before bed. I figured I'd play DA:I some more. But then when I booted up the Xbox, I just couldn't resist starting up Destiny again to get the new bounties after reset. I really have nothing to do other than to level up the pulse rifle and seconds/thirds of the other Raid weapons, but that's what I started doing. I just can't pull myself away. And tonight is Xur so I'll be back for sure...

RADa5AURU5 said:
I have this problem on my Hunter and I've found by far the best way is to do Roc strikes. I usually end up with several engrams when doing so. If you then combine that with bounties you can level up those blue (or rare purple) armors when turning in bounties and break them down afterwards - you get more sapphire wire that way. Plus you have a chance for the rare ships from running Roc strikes. There is a guy on the Destiny forum running 300 strikes to try to figure out some odds. He has the ships currently (with just a small data set so far) at 1%. So I'm definitely glad I got at least one so far.

you currently have the discs and the time. seriously go finish it. i am just going to stand over here with chubby/simo/ryuu/everyone and collectively shake our heads until you do. ME3 was 99% awesome, ending or no ending.

(also go play xcom and name everyone in your squad after mass effect characters :joystick: )
Haha like I said at this point I am just going to wait until they re-release them on X1!

And I had X-Com the day that came out on Steam! Had to deal with the whole backlash too for those few hours when they shut off my key too since I bought it from one of our lovely Russian sellers here on CAG. I was pooping my pants haha

If you have more than one toon then always remember to move engrams over to your warlock. That way they'll turn into warlock gear even though you got engram on a different class.

EDIT: and like others said, equip your greens and blues when turning in bounties. Dismantling leveled gear give you a little more mats than unleveled gear

I did this... moving engrams earned by my titan over to my warlock. Was able to push to lvl 32 and still have about 250 essence in the bank. And this was all from about a few days before the dlc dropped, plus I was only playing on my 'lock when I had stuff to level up.

If you're running with only one toon, then do Roc strikes, or if you hate the new dlc strikes go down to tiger strikes :whistle2:

aFrostyONE said:
If you're running with only one toon, then do Roc strikes, or if you hate the new dlc strikes go down to tiger strikes :whistle2:
Correction: new DLC strike. We only have one on this side of the fence ;).

It's funny - as much as I play this game, I have NO idea what the PlayStation exclusive strikes even are.

I have never used most of the exotics I've gotten but I was doing some bounties and didn't bother to swap in my main weapons. I had a Plan C with me though and was having some fun using that. I've never really used Fusion Rifles other than Vex much before.

40 minutes till Xur-mas!

I have never used most of the exotics I've gotten but I was doing some bounties and didn't bother to swap in my main weapons. I had a Plan C with me though and was having some fun using that. I've never really used Fusion Rifles other than Vex much before.

40 minutes till Xur-mas!

I have never used most of the exotics I've gotten but I was doing some bounties and didn't bother to swap in my main weapons. I had a Plan C with me though and was having some fun using that. I've never really used Fusion Rifles other than Vex much before.40 minutes till Xur-mas!
Plan C is a beast of a gun. I have a maxed one and I did the pocket infinity kills in the nightfall in like 10 min with it.

Plan C is a beast of a gun. I have a maxed one and I did the pocket infinity kills in the nightfall in like 10 min with it.
Okay, I guess I need someone to explain this to me because Plan C seemed to be be the most boring of the exotics. I think it was the 2nd exotic drop I ever got and I used it for a while and was unimpressed. The perks seem very vanilla and I got better results out of some of the other legendary FRs. Once I got Pocket Infinity and Light of the Abyss, I just broke C down for the exotic shard.

Just looked at Xur's wares...boooooo. Is it me, or does it seem like we've seen this exact same lineup already this month?

Xur-mas is another bust.  No heavy ammo, all repeats too.

MK stand asides - Titan Legs

Starfire Protocol - Warlock Chest

Don't Touch Me - Hunter Gloves

Dragon's Breath

Engram - Gloves

So, yeah, Xur sucks this week. Even his one good thing (Don't Touch Me) has a bad roll to it (though if you have a Hunter I'd buy them for sure since they are so nice to have in the first part of the Raid, and really anywhere else too). I'll have to look into those MK Stand Asides. I always pass things like that up and then find later that they are crucial for some strategy (like watch them be useful in the House of Wolves raid or something). Edit: Yeah, no, they are useless to me. I don't think I've ever shoulder charged once in this game. Before a few weeks ago I didn't even know it was a thing, to be honest.

But seriously, hasn't he sold Starfire Protocol like every week!? He's certainly sold Dragon's Breath before because I got one the first time he had it and it seems like it came up again since then too. The gauntlet engrams are nice, though I'd prefer them to be chest armor so I can try for Voidfang Vestments or Praxic Fire. Oh yeah, and to top it all off, he has no heavy weapon synths.

While the Nightfall trolls me hard, I've actually had really good luck with Xur engrams the last two weeks. I bought one last week and got one of the few (if not the only) helm I didn't already have (Mask of the Third Man). This time I bought one gauntlet engram and got one of two gauntlets I didn't have (No Backup Plans). I really wanted Ruin Wings - so the game didn't quite read my mind like it did last week. Maybe I ought to try for one more ;).

Simo - I don't know. Like I said I barely ever use fusion rifles but I was actually using both Plan C and Pocket Infinity on the same patrol run and it just seemed like Plan C tore stuff up way better. It also seemed to charge much faster. The game keeps giving it to me (VoG chest and Crota chest as well as 1 or 2 other times) so I figured I'd try it out. I'm just leveling up the Raid primaries so I might as well work on/play with some of those exotics I never use. I have one of every Raid primary now maxed out and still have enough radiant energy to do duplicate. Maybe I'll upgrade a second Black Hammer next.

Really, though, I think I will take a break from this game until reset (except for the possible CAG run of VoG Sunday evening - I'm still in for that if you need me). Famous last words...

Xur's engrams have been good to me too lately. Got the Knucklehead Radar and a 2nd Apotheosis Veil with a good roll last weekend. Nothing I really want in gloves though this week.

Man.. Everyone is saying Sunday for VoG. I'll have to play with the Superbowl snapped to the side window.

Sad day fellas.

I think I have finally admitted to myself that I do not care about Destiny right now anymore. I will gladly hop on if people need help or just want to play in general and just hang out but in terms of me grinding to play a bunch, that is not happening. At least not until the new DLC. If you guys ever need a 6th and it is a reasonable time feel free to message me even if I am not online because I am going to go pick up Guilty Gear Xrd and Bayonetta 2 tonight after work so I will still be plopped on my ass gaming more than I should be and could actually easily swap between either of those games and Destiny haha

Sad day fellas.

I think I have finally admitted to myself that I do not care about Destiny right now anymore. I will gladly hop on if people need help or just want to play in general and just hang out but in terms of me grinding to play a bunch, that is not happening. At least not until the new DLC. If you guys ever need a 6th and it is a reasonable time feel free to message me even if I am not online because I am going to go pick up Guilty Gear Xrd and Bayonetta 2 tonight after work so I will still be plopped on my ass gaming more than I should be and could actually easily swap between either of those games and Destiny haha
Go finish Mass Effect

Okay, I guess I need someone to explain this to me because Plan C seemed to be be the most boring of the exotics. I think it was the 2nd exotic drop I ever got and I used it for a while and was unimpressed. The perks seem very vanilla and I got better results out of some of the other legendary FRs. Once I got Pocket Infinity and Light of the Abyss, I just broke C down for the exotic shard.

Just looked at Xur's wares...boooooo. Is it me, or does it seem like we've seen this exact same lineup already this month?
That's because Plan C perks are better for PVP.

The reduced recoil/charge/swap pretty much guarantees an instant shot after swapping

Get me the remastered X1 version and I will drop everything and play it : )
Dude that's not going to come out until Destiny 2 and we are just going to go through this all over again. Nothing else in your backlog matters, just think of Mass Effect as a third person Destiny (which is an insult) and beat it and then beat it again when it's remastered :)

Dude that's not going to come out until Destiny 2 and we are just going to go through this all over again. Nothing else in your backlog matters, just think of Mass Effect as a third person Destiny (which is an insult) and beat it and then beat it again when it's remastered :)
Yeah it probably is going to be a ways away but I really just do not feel like hooking up my 360 and there isn't even enough power outlets for it anymore since I redid my entertainment set up : /

Plus going back to the 360 controllers, I realize how much I love the new X1 controllers. The 360s feel so dated and the sticks feel like huge pancake nipples, just too big.

Even if exotics that xur sells have bad rolls. I tend to buy them if i dont have them in my list. Im still hoping that in future updates, destiny will finally give players the chance to reroll stats for exotics and perks for legendaries

RADa5AURU5 said:
The game should be over by 10EST/7Pacific, should we just plan for then?
I didn't even pay attention to when the game was, but as usual with these things in order to cater to the East Coast they are usually way too early for me. Like by the time I settle down to watch something like that it is usually over ;). I guess I figured it would be much earlier than that. I'm only mildly interested in it this year, so it doesn't matter to me either way. Maybe if it is a blowout we can start a bit earlier. Being in the Pacific NW everyone is a Seahawks fan which just drives me nuts (because I grew up a Niners fan). So I don't think I can stomach another Seahawks romp and would rather be playing Destiny or even cleaning my garage than watching that!

simosaurus said:
Yeah, but I may have to stop after the Templar because I have meetings Monday morning.
Are we doing Normal or Hard? If it is just Normal then I think we can do the whole thing in an hour. If it is Hard, one of us should get Vendetta's Oracles CP if he isn't running it with us.

My other Raid crew seems to have moved on to Dying Light, at least for this week. I'm glad I got that third Crota hard mode clear in with Vendetta's group. I assume my group will be around for the another run or two at reset, but it doesn't look like they will run 3 each time like they did for Normal. Once I get the Crux of mother-loving Crota I won't feel the need to run it any more on Hard. Hopefully that drops for me next week and I can just run Normal Crota on my 2nd/3rd chars.

dot is right that it is more of a PvP weapon but I feel it is the best fusion other than Vex for PvE. I switch weapons on the fly a lot so the quick charge perk is good for someone like me. Plus the damn thing hits so hard. I love the range on the gun as well. I didn't shard my 2nd one I got last night from Atheon yet so I may or may not keep it depending on need for shards.

I didn't even pay attention to when the game was, but as usual with these things in order to cater to the East Coast they are usually way too early for me. Like by the time I settle down to watch something like that it is usually over ;). I guess I figured it would be much earlier than that. I'm only mildly interested in it this year, so it doesn't matter to me either way. Maybe if it is a blowout we can start a bit earlier. Being in the Pacific NW everyone is a Seahawks fan which just drives me nuts (because I grew up a Niners fan). So I don't think I can stomach another Seahawks romp and would rather be playing Destiny or even cleaning my garage than watching that!

Are we doing Normal or Hard? If it is just Normal then I think we can do the whole thing in an hour. If it is Hard, one of us should get Vendetta's Oracles CP if he isn't running it with us.
I still have the CP and am always more than happy to pass it along if you guys want it. I can't wait till my buddy finally gets his Fate Bringer so I can just recycle the Gorgon CP and not have to do oracles or templar again. :)

So yeah onto Xur.... Nothing but hot garbage, even the 1 upgrade I can do was shit. Young Ahamkara's Spine's upgrade is atrocioius. I would lose about 25 discipline upgrading my 30 light ones. So yep not happening! I wish you could buy the engrams with strange coin. Only had enough for 1 engram since I went apeshit last week on helmet engrams. Again got some good luck. Got Claws of Ahamkara for the Warlock. :) Man my RNG was pretty much perfect this week. :D

I have no problem starting before the game is over, but io is right, it won't take long on normal (that was the plan wasn't it? I know Linkin and I wanted to run our new chars), but I agree, if we do hard let's run from Oracles.

RADa5AURU5 said:
I have no problem starting before the game is over, but io is right, it won't take long on normal (that was the plan wasn't it? I know Linkin and I wanted to run our new chars), but I agree, if we do hard let's run from Oracles.
Depends on what we are going for. If you guys still need the clan achievement and we can get a full team of 6 CAGs then we need to run it on Normal. I'd prefer that since it will be way more casual. But if you guys are still looking for Fatebringer then we'd need the Oracles CP because I don't want to run confluxes on Hard ever again if I can avoid it ;).

I was thinking normal. Just wanted to play for fun, nothing grueling.

Okay, VoG whenever the SB ends or a blowout begins.

Anyone still need to do the weekly tonight? Still need it on toon #3.

Yeah, Normal should be quick. I'm looking forward to seeing what Word of Crota does to those damn Minotaurs and Preatorians. Time for some revenge ;).

Who's in? Seems like it is me, Rad, Simo, and presumably Linkin. Defiance - you still around? Anyone else? Maybe someone new to the game who hasn't run VoG yet? Let's make sure we have 6 before we start - don't want to mess around for 45 minutes trying to find someone else once we are all ready to go.

Yeah, Normal should be quick. I'm looking forward to seeing what Word of Crota does to those damn Minotaurs and Preatorians. Time for some revenge ;).

Who's in? Seems like it is me, Rad, Simo, and presumably Linkin. Defiance - you still around? Anyone else? Maybe someone new to the game who hasn't run VoG yet? Let's make sure we have 6 before we start - don't want to mess around for 45 minutes trying to find someone else once we are all ready to go.
It was doing some work on them last night when I used it on Gatekeeper part. And mine wasn't even maxed out.

If you guys are short, I can always fill in. I'm not going to commit to doing it ahead of time, so essentially I can be your emergency guy if someone has to duck out or gets DC'ed and I'm on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back