Destiny Discussion Thread - Fear The Moon Wizards on September 9th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried this for over an hour last night and didnt get shit lol

2:42 of the video is nothing but ammo

Im a Hunter 20 and the white is primary, green is special, and purple is heavy ammo
I actually happened upon this tonight when doing a patrol. There were 3 guys doing it so I joined in and it was great. I leveled up from 5 to 11 in about 90 minutes and got a bunch of better loot than I had before. I hope Bungie does not close this down.

I have been doing the story solo which is fine but when I was farming with those guys this huge firefight broke out at night with a bunch of Hive and I can completely see why this game is better co-op. I had so much more fun even if it was a little chaotic at times.

Also that video definitely makes me wish I had an Xbox One or PS4 because even though it is a good looking game on the 360 it looks gorgeous on the new systems.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone in the CAG clan want to put together a group tonight and go for the 'Strength of the Pack' achievement? Maybe if we're all 20+ we can shoot for no deaths in the level 8 Strike and knock out 'Flawless Striker' as well.

I would be up for that, but I'm only at 15 right now.  I farmed a bit last night and jumped two levels, not sure if I'll be able to do anymore until tonight.

Masters classes have started back up on top of work and my commute so I dont have AS much time but I definitely still am playing when I can.

Right now I have my Warlock at 24 and then I have a 16 Hunter on the PS4 that I play with my other friends.

But yeah feel free to add me I live in Chicago and try to play at least a couple hours each night around 11pm or so.

I was reading that they altered the drop rates for all of the common farming spots.
Wouldn't surprise me, given how widely publicized all these strategies are. It's still too random for me. I tried a couple of farming spots just for giggles and ended up with tons of green and a few blues. Not worth the time, imo. Going to buy my own stuff to guarantee 100% that I will get exotic and legendary.

Ok I reached level 20 today with my Warlock now what do I do? I did switch to the subclass and have added a few perks to that. Where do I find this "light" I kep hearing about? And if level 20 is the max level why do I see higher lever players running around?

Ok I reached level 20 today with my Warlock now what do I do? I did switch to the subclass and have added a few perks to that. Where do I find this "light" I kep hearing about? And if level 20 is the max level why do I see higher lever players running around?
Cap is lvl 20 right now. The levels after 20 are based on the equipment one is wearing. So that means the better your gear is the higher your light level (yellow) will be.

You gain levels now by finding/equipping armor with an attribute called "light" on it. Once you reach certain intervals of light, you will gain a level. The more light your equip has totalled together, the higher the level.

You will start to find rare/legendary gear that has light on it now that you are level 20. You also want to focus on getting crucible marks and vanguard tokens now so you can buy legendary gear.

Play through the strike playlists, keep doing bounties/patrols, and participate in public events (see previous pages for map of Earth times). If you have friends to play with, try the daily and weekly heroic strikes (which earn you coins).

By maxing out your vanguard marks (100/week) and vanguard rep you can pretty much buy a legendary or two every week from the Vanguard vendor. Doing the events above earn you coins and motes of light which you can use at the special vendor Xur to buy exotic gear (he appears Friday morning through Sunday morning).

If you are into pvp, you can earn crucible marks (max 100/week as well - you get 3 per win/2 per loss) and rep which lets you buy different legendaries from the crucible vendor. Additionally you can gather materials from each planet during your patrols and turn in 50 at a time for rep.

If you are interested in getting gear that has a specific stat (ex: strength), join a faction by purchasing and equipping their special item (costs 2500 glimmer iirc) - doing this will cause all of your crucible and vanguard rep gain to change to faction rep gain instead, and work towards meeting requirements to buy those items.

When you hit level 3 with a specific faction/vanguard/crucible you will receive a reward of either a faction legendary or rare upgrade materials.

Alternatively you can go to "farm spots" but I recommend maxing out your weeklies first as those net you guaranteed returns for a couple of hours of work a day rather than relying on rng.

Thanks for the replies guys. What's the point of the subclass and when should that be worked in?
Whenever you want.

It is pure preference as to what you want to do.

I for example got my Voidwalker base subclass to the point that I even cared for the upgrades (after teleport) and then continue to play as that but when redeeming bounties I swap to my other subclass, Sunsinger, so that I can at least have my base abilities for that when I switch to it and continue to level it up further.

The subclass has no impact on the overall level and gear you are able to find however. As far as we know right now, you can reach the highest level without ever even touching the other subclass.

From what I have gathered, all the subclasses unlocked at level 15 each feel to be far more technical classes and seem to be extremely useful in the Raids/ Nightfalls

Just got to lvl 20 last night and a few pieces of gear with light on them. The light leveling confused the hell out of my first but makes sense. But I was wondering, does gaining EXP do anything after 20? Besides going towards your skills/subclasses?

Just got to lvl 20 last night and a few pieces of gear with light on them. The light leveling confused the hell out of my first but makes sense. But I was wondering, does gaining EXP do anything after 20? Besides going towards your skills/subclasses?
Skills/subclasses/weapon+armor upgrades pretty much

Skills/subclasses/weapon+armor upgrades pretty much
To add, you also get motes of light for "leveling up" after 20. On your character screen, hover your cursor over where it says 20 and you'll notice a bar that gets filled as you gain xp. Every time the bar completely fills up, you get one mote of light. The motes can be used as currency to buy stuff.

Wait so there's two bars right? One is the yellow one that goes up after armer/pieces with light on them and then there's that separate blue bar that is for motes of light?

Im enjoying destiny but I really need some people to play with. Getting randoms together is such a pain in this game. And I play at non peak hours as I live in Japan. At the time of writing im level 11.

Im on 360, so if youre looking for someone to game with please msg me on live.

Gamertag ONESTAR v2

Yeah.....Hunter.....OP in crucible no? Runs into a room of 3 people and 1 shots all of them LOL.
Bladedancer. Yes.

Even tested their whole reasoning that you could just shotgun them once to kill them bullshit. Nope, does not work. They can just zig zag towards you and you'd die before you get off 2 shotgun shots that hit them.

Damn. The Titan helm this week being sold by Xur this week is crap. Argh.
At least you're not a Warlock. They got ripped off because Xur is peddling the same set of gloves 2 weeks in a row!

Bladedancer. Yes.

Even tested their whole reasoning that you could just shotgun them once to kill them bullshit. Nope, does not work. They can just zig zag towards you and you'd die before you get off 2 shotgun shots that hit them.

At least you're not a Warlock. They got ripped off because Xur is peddling the same set of gloves 2 weeks in a row!
Yeah I can attest to not being able to take down a Bladedancer 1v1 I have tried multiple times to no avail because no matter the hit, it never is enough to kill them. Even landed a point blank shotgun shot the moment before he hit me and he only took half damage.

And I actually had no idea Xur existed last weekend haha I was too busy playing with my buddies and I didnt check online and I never go downstairs really. So with that, I actually am happy the Warlock is the same as before because now I don't feel behind haha : P

I actually have been hungering for a nice rocket launcher so that will go well too from Xur.

Xur was selling coins for glimmer today before people started abusing it and Bungie pulled :(

And you can say Hunters are op, but that's just their super no? I don't complain because I play Sunsinger - if I die I just self-res and get a revenge kill after their super goes away. 

Bladedancer. Yes.

Yeah I tried different strats before posting my QQ post lol, then the whole killing 3 of us in a single room all shooting at her pushed me over the edge. Seems balanced lol.

Yup. Exactly.
awesome thank you!

And just a general question:

Is there a place where I can get info on all the things in this game. One frustration to me is that there are things like this or aspects about vendors or abilities but yet they all seem vague. I'm not saying other games I've played are any different especially MMO-esque ones but I feel SO out of the loop of just simple mechanics in Destiny :(

I don't play MMO's so Destiny and its structure is very foreign to me.  The fact that I'm replaying missions over and over again....and still having fun, is a testament to how damn good the game is. 

I got to destinynews.net for a lot of info.  Saw this image on that site today, heh heh...

engram-odds.png

lol go to https://twitter.com/TheCryptarch 

Not associated with bungie but freaking hilarious!

And just tested to see whether arc blade/bladedancer super is OP...... 6 of us decided to try and kill 1 Bladedancer super with shotguns, auto rifles, pulse rifles, and melee, and the Bladedancer managed to kill us all and lived. Not OP at all! /s

Finished the story mode yesterday and can say I enjoyed it very much. Still don't understand a lot stuff about the marks and the rankings and haven't touched the Crucible yet. Did try my first strike from the playlist yesterday "Winter's Run" and couldn't finish it with my party.

That's hilarious. One of the male face choices in Knights of the Old Republic looked just like me, like, closer than I can usually get with character creators. :lol:

[quote name="gotdott" post="12109527" timestamp="1411253645"]Are you on X1? [/quote]
Yep. I'm on right now too. Seems like everybody on my list is full or playing PVP...
Should add my gt is Renegade Moose.

So I "beat" the game tonight, although I still have 2 other missions left on Mars to complete.  Got to level 20 before I even played the final story mission.  There are some actual interesting things potentially going on in the story but it is so weirdly put together.  I am having fun so that it #1 but I am surprised by the lack of cohesiveness in the storytelling process for the game.  Also, I do not know how much they paid Dinklage for the voice acting but it seems phoned in a lot of the times.  Maybe they wanted that tone but a lot of the time it seems like he has no clue what it means when he is saying it.  The voice direction may have something to so with that though.  Music on the other hand is epic in this game.  Next to the way the game plays it is a huge plus.  Overall I am sitting at a 8/10 with the potential to improve.  Now I just have to figure out the best way to grind my gear.

QUESTION: what the hell do BONDS do???? I got a blue bond from my last strike and I have a green one and the default one on my 'lock. But what do these even do? they just have a sentence about the story it seems. I have seen Bonds from the Quartermasters that help you gain rep if you wear them. but what aboot these ones?

[quote name="AshesofWake" post="12110082" timestamp="1411277485"]QUESTION: what the hell do BONDS do???? I got a blue bond from my last strike and I have a green one and the default one on my 'lock. But what do these even do? they just have a sentence about the story it seems. I have seen Bonds from the Quartermasters that help you gain rep if you wear them. but what aboot these ones?[/quote]
They are vanity items. That's it. They just look different.

Got to level 20 and I haven't touched Venus yet. Honestly, thus game just keeps getting better with the more time I put in it. Screw what the critics say.

Wow so I spent the whole day trying to get 1 coin. I did strikes, patrols, and hours of crucible. Called it quits and finished up my last bounty to turn in and got a blue engram from very last mob. Decrypts into coin.

All I have to say about the Vault of Glass Raid so far is "WTF?! Who are the psychos who thought this madness up? I don't even want to do this raid all over again in Hard mode, or try to attempt to beat it without anyone in the team dying for achievements."

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back