Destiny Discussion Thread - Fear The Moon Wizards on September 9th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, the lack of content makes me so upset. I don't want to play the same crap for the 1 millionth time, but with stronger weapons (even if they give all enemies shields...ooooh). I wish I wouldn't have poured so much time into the game already, and I'd be excited for these changes. New gearalone does nothing for me. I guess I'm gladI got an XbOne so I can play other games since Destiny was the last new game I had for 360. 

This may be the first week I ignore the nightfalls. I would like a 3rd Gally, but for what? I got a nice solar launcher w tracking, then another HoC. Sad that I don't feel like leveling them up. I guess the lure of new content (that I already paid for, thinking it included a raid) being smashed lets me down hard. Maybe I'll get over it, but I certainly won't give Bungie/Activision another dime of my money, for what that's worth.

Wait, is Queen's Wrath coming back? If so, does that mean it has the old armor with better perks or new stuff? I guess I'll have to watch this thing as you guys keep referring sideways to things that would be a big deal to me!

But yeah, vault space is gonna be tough. I've got my armor one full already with nearly all my character armor slots full as well. I'll really have to compare similar pieces and get rid of some of the duplicates.

Also, it does seem like it will be easy (too easy, perhaps?) to hit level 34. Then what do you do? At least with TDB it took even hardcore players a week or two of intense Raiding to get to 32 (and many others took several weeks). Seems like we'll be 34 almost immediately with this new DLC, depending of course on how easily those new upgrade items drop.

Don't get me wrong, I'm excited for it, but the lack of a Raid and the Prison of Elders only being 3 people has me down a little. They should have at least kept people's Raid groups intact by having that be 6 people. But yeah, probably the last-gen is limiting us here too...

Vendetta - does double bounty still work? It seems to have been taken away. Not only that, but it seems you can miss out entirely on a day's bounties if you are on over reset. Or at least that happens sometimes with me. It's like they went too far in fixing it.

But anyway, whenever you are up for those VoG runs or anything else, let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait, is Queen's Wrath coming back? If so, does that mean it has the old armor with better perks or new stuff? I guess I'll have to watch this thing as you guys keep referring sideways to things that would be a big deal to me!
Queen's Wrath is coming back as a permanent part of HoW. They also said the Queen's gear would be available as loot drop rewards and they showed off the menu screen which showed the shaders that were in the original QW event.

I still have my old Queen armor and scout rifle, but I'm interested in getting gear for my warlock and hunter. Also curious to find out if the gear from this will be the same light level as the old stuff or if it'll instantly be a higher level AND whether it'll be eligible to be re-forged.

Yeah, I just watched the stream. It doesn't look like they have the specific harder-level story missions that reward you with Queen's gear like in the original version. It is just bounties and stuff you can buy from her. So, yeah, the gear would come from other stuff.

I also don't like that the new HoW story missions apparently appear as bounties. With all the new bounty sources we'll have a hard time juggling them even with the expanded 10 slots!

Also, they didn't address whether your Queen's Wrath rank would carry over. It would be nice to start off at rank 3. No big deal if not, but would be nice to know.

We have to complete the story missions to jump into Prison of Elders and that event will apparently change weekly. So that sounds promising. I guess, Vendetta, we'll have to group up on May 19th and plow through those story missions to get to the good stuff ;).

Also... I always pictured Deej as a really young guy from his posts on the Bungie forums. He looks like he's more my age!

Vendetta - does double bounty still work? It seems to have been taken away. Not only that, but it seems you can miss out entirely on a day's bounties if you are on over reset. Or at least that happens sometimes with me. It's like they went too far in fixing it.

But anyway, whenever you are up for those VoG runs or anything else, let me know.
I just assumed they couldn't patch double bounties because they would pretty much have to kick everyone off like when they apply an update. I guess thinking about it now, they could change the coding to make it read that you already did the bounty instead of being able to trick the game by being on then logging off after turning them in. I can't remember the last time I ran double bounties though to be honest, so I will check one of these nights I suppose! :)

We have to complete the story missions to jump into Prison of Elders and that event will apparently change weekly. So that sounds promising. I guess, Vendetta, we'll have to group up on May 19th and plow through those story missions to get to the good stuff ;).
I'm totally down for that. It will be just like how I was doing Dark Below months ago. My buddies and I stayed on to go right into it.

I just haven't really been motivated to stay up so late when I didn't need anything to be honest. Wolves will definitely be enough motivation for a bit at least to stay up and be a zombie the next day. And don't fret too much over Gorgon CP. I mean we can still try to transfer that. I'll probably be running Oracles - Templar at minimum with a few friends who lack a FateBringer. So I will be sure to get the CP every week.

Vendetta_x360 said:
I'm totally down for that. It will be just like how I was doing Dark Below months ago. My buddies and I stayed on to go right into it.
The groupings might get a little complicated. We'll have possibly the 6 original "Official Unofficial" members plus you and your other friends. But we have to be in groups of 3 for the story + Prison of Elders. Then again we might not have all 6 given there is no Raid. And frankly I'd rather play with you than some of those guys who quit on us a long time ago anyway (not talking about CAGs - talking about my other Raid group). Too bad it can't be you, me, Foxy, and DevilDog - someone will have to be part of another group. We'll just have to play it by ear that night ;).

The groupings might get a little complicated. We'll have possibly the 6 original "Official Unofficial" members plus you and your other friends. But we have to be in groups of 3 for the story + Prison of Elders. Then again we might not have all 6 given there is no Raid. And frankly I'd rather play with you than some of those guys who quit on us a long time ago anyway (not talking about CAGs - talking about my other Raid group). Too bad it can't be you, me, Foxy, and DevilDog - someone will have to be part of another group. We'll just have to play it by ear that night ;).
I'm fine with whatever pairing(s). I have my other group as well, I know my buddy Epic won't right away since he's hyped for Witcher. Illzor definitely will plus Irish will be back now that his xbox is fixed. So everything will work out fine! I'm sure we will all get to play together with one another since we all have 3 guys.

The vault space won't be increased anytime soon though until they drop the last gen versions of the game. Remember the update when they announced it saying that the only reason that we didn't get larger was because of PS3/360. I mean they had to take out item comparison in that version just to give more space. So I'm guessing this is going to continue as a trend up until Destiny 2. Hopefully maybe they kill support for the last gen when Comet hits this fall? Might be wishful thinking on my part sadly.

So yep, I'm gonna be running VoG every week just to hoard even more Ascendent Materials. I do need to help my friend get some stuff so probably do 1 full fresh Normal run and 3 hard runs from Oracles. I'll still have to run Crota raids on normal to help friends get weapons, plus I want 1 more Black Hammer still. Hard mode, we will have to see.

I feel like they kind of rewarded those of us who stuck with the game by getting the materials and such via the trade in system with the speaker. I guess I'm going to buy a few more Speaker Cloaks with my Hunter now that I see I can get motes via exchange. :D
Yea, I know there will be no increase in vault space anytime soon since they just increased it a couple weeks ago. But ow that everything is relevant again it will be even more difficult to hold onto everything we want to hoard. I said it when the patch hit that after a few hours I was out of vault space again, lol. Glad I held onto everything though since everything will be upgradable.

If you are going to keep running oracles each week let me know if you need someone. I have been running it with LFG groups, but you know how that goes.

Yeah, I just watched the stream. It doesn't look like they have the specific harder-level story missions that reward you with Queen's gear like in the original version. It is just bounties and stuff you can buy from her. So, yeah, the gear would come from other stuff.

I also don't like that the new HoW story missions apparently appear as bounties. With all the new bounty sources we'll have a hard time juggling them even with the expanded 10 slots!

Also, they didn't address whether your Queen's Wrath rank would carry over. It would be nice to start off at rank 3. No big deal if not, but would be nice to know.

Also... I always pictured Deej as a really young guy from his posts on the Bungie forums. He looks like he's more my age!
Aren't there like 3 story missions again? Should be done in a half an hour with a good group, lol.

I like how they brought Queen's Wrath out of Mothballs and are trying to pawn that off like it is a new event/feature in the DLC.

Speaking of how light on content HoW looks, what does buying the DLC actually get you? Access to Prison of Elders, Trials of Osiris, 1 strike and a few story missions? You can hit level 34 without the DLC and buy all the vendor weapons without it again.

Does the Vanguard or Crucible Quartermaster sake any must have weapons? My points have been maxed for both for a week or two and was just wondering.

The LDR sniper from Vanguard is IMO one of the best sniper rifles available right now. The machine gun, rocket launcher, and scout rifles from Vanguard are also very good. As for faction vendors, I would say the best picks are The Chance hand cannon from FWC and the Vanquisher AR from New Monarchy. Also the TFWPKY hand cannon from the Crucible vendor is one I like a lot, but I got it mine from a drop so I don't know how good the vendor affixes are.

The LDR sniper from Vanguard is IMO one of the best sniper rifles available right now. The machine gun, rocket launcher, and scout rifles from Vanguard are also very good. As for faction vendors, I would say the best picks are The Chance hand cannon from FWC and the Vanquisher AR from New Monarchy. Also the TFWPKY hand cannon from the Crucible vendor is one I like a lot, but I got it mine from a drop so I don't know how good the vendor affixes are.
I have 2 LDR's myself (both are arc though :bomb: ). One has the last bullet does extra damage perk and I love that. I'm actually more a fan of the Long Bow Synthesis myself. Though it is void and has firefly ;) . Man that thing did some work in the weekly and nightfall this week.

Man last night was a bit rough in VoG on hard. I was playing like a total scrub with the relic. I attribute it to being both tired and pissed off at the contractor that I had to stay late at work to finish a job. Ugh.... Funny thing is it took longer on Atheon than it did on Gatekeeper. Sorry about that io, Ryot is still learning everything on Vault. I guess for me it didn't help that I was spec'ed for agility for most of it rather than recovery and defense... oops. :/ I personally didn't agree with the strategy when getting teleported. I say just fire a freaking rocket at the hobs and be done with it since nobody was firing rockets at Atheon anyways. Also it wasn't good that we didn't have anyone popping a weapons bubble, otherwise Atheon should have been down in 2 goes. I think that was part of the reason why we took so long. I'll make sure someone is a titan from here on out that isn't running the relic.

I still have to help my 2 of my buddies get HM Crota kills. 1 doesn't have a Gally yet. They both need Word and Fang though. So hopefully those drop along with couple of helmets. io, if you want in on a couple kills, I'm gonna ask Chobo if he wants to run one and run sword on the other unless maybe Chammer has an itch to kill Crota :D

Anyone else have this observation? I noticed my friends list last night was much more populated with Destiny players. A few people in my old crew were on. I'm not very keen on dropping everything to help them though since:

A) They just up an abandoned the game

B) I don't know them IRL. I have 1 friend who is just getting back into the game but I will help him out since I know him personally. The other is one I've gamed with forever and will gladly help him out as well.

I have 2 LDR's myself (both are arc though :bomb: ). One has the last bullet does extra damage perk and I love that. I'm actually more a fan of the Long Bow Synthesis myself. Though it is void and has firefly ;) . Man that thing did some work in the weekly and nightfall this week.
The game loves to give me sniper rifles from drops. I think I've got three LDR's right now, two arc and a void, and at least two Longbow Syntheses, solar and void. I've dismantled a handful of Longbow Syntheses as well. Probably the weapon I've had the most copies of over time. I just got a void copy of the FWC rifle (forget the name) that I'm kind of fond of. Monster zoom.

The game loves to give me sniper rifles from drops. I think I've got three LDR's right now, two arc and a void, and at least two Longbow Syntheses, solar and void. I've dismantled a handful of Longbow Syntheses as well. Probably the weapon I've had the most copies of over time. I just got a void copy of the FWC rifle (forget the name) that I'm kind of fond of. Monster zoom.
I wish the damn game would give me Snipers. It likes to give me fusion rifles :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :wall: Though I'm not going to complain since my RNG for the most part has been phenomenal minus ships and more so shaders. I just need the elusive 3rd Gally and 3rd Black Hammer. :)

I wish the damn game would give me Snipers. It likes to give me fusion rifles :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :wall: Though I'm not going to complain since my RNG for the most part has been phenomenal minus ships and more so shaders. I just need the elusive 3rd Gally and 3rd Black Hammer. :)
Same here...tons of fusion rifles. No snipers, or when I do get them, it's the LOW impact ones with 3-4 rounds. I need to do everything starting tonight through the weekend. I need the 3rd gally, and that's it, really.

Vendetta_x360 said:
I still have to help my 2 of my buddies get HM Crota kills. 1 doesn't have a Gally yet. They both need Word and Fang though. So hopefully those drop along with couple of helmets. io, if you want in on a couple kills, I'm gonna ask Chobo if he wants to run one and run sword on the other unless maybe Chammer has an itch to kill Crota :D
Yeah, just send me a message when you guys are starting it up and I'll hop on if I can (the later the better).

Ryuukishi said:
The game loves to give me sniper rifles from drops.
Hah - by far my most common drop (from Nightfalls and ransom engrams) has been shotguns - specifically Secret Handshake. I lost count of how many of those I've gotten but I kept one of each elemental type with the auto fire perk, so that kind of gives you an idea of how many I've seen. And shotguns are by far the weapon I've used the least. Maybe the game tries to give you stuff you don't use to encourage you to use it ;). So now I'm working on shotgun kills since that is probably the only weapon-specific grimoire card I'm missing.

As for the DLC, it all comes down to how fun/replayable Prison of Elders is to say whether it was worth it or not. I'm not sure I'll be playing Trials of Osiris. But then again I said the same about Iron Banner and I've played it a ton the last 2 times. And I'll be playing it next week to finish off that Thorn bounty.

Did that hard mode Atheon run last night with Vendertta - that was the first time in a long time I've done it all the way through. I got gloves, a Found Verdict, and a ship. Wow... I still haven't gotten Praetorian Foil. But at least all those shards/energy are now worth some glimmer or motes of light.

But at least all those shards/energy are now worth some glimmer or motes of light.
Haha, yeah... last night was the 1st time in a looong time that I bothered to get the mats chest in the gorgon maze

(copy/paste from PS thread)

Couple of deets left out of yesterdays stream...

-commendations are going away with the HoW patch. You can cash them in for reputation XP

"If you have a bunch of them stockpiled, you can burn them for reputation. Gaining reputation will speed you toward your next promotion, thus earning you another reward package. To prosper and equip yourself with new stuff, just earn Marks!"

-next Iron Banner is gonna have helmets!  Titan one looks the coolest to me

"I have it on very good authority that Lord Saladin’s shipping manifest has something that many of you have been eager to acquire."

iron_titan.jpg

iron_hunter.jpg

iron_warlock.jpg

Check it out here

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=12798

aFrostyONE said:
-commendations are going away with the HoW patch. You can cash them in for reputation XP
"If you have a bunch of them stockpiled, you can burn them for reputation. Gaining reputation will speed you toward your next promotion, thus earning you another reward package. To prosper and equip yourself with new stuff, just earn Marks!"
Nice. In the video they show each commendation getting you 250 towards Crucible rep. Hopefully that rep applies to the factions as well. Though I have 0 Crucible rep on 2 of my characters so maybe I should use it to increase that.

I really want to finish off that Thorn bounty on IB so I can start using my other 2 characters to get Crucible marks. Hopefully it doesn't take me too long. But then I'll also want to get my Warlock the new helm since I have all the other pieces. I just can't see myself doing IB to rank 4 with more than 1 character though. It takes me 2-3 hours per night every night to hit rank 4 on just 1 since I can only really ever get two of the bounties done per day.

Let's see... Consulting the Bungie web site, I have 2 Vanguard commendations and 18 Crucible commendations on my Hunter; 2 Vanguard and 14 Crucible on my Titan; and 11 Vanguard and 14 Crucible on my Warlock. So, yeah - I'm set for a few rank ups and reward packages once the DLC hits ;).

I got junk from 3 nightfalls,2 normal crota & 1 hard crota last night (including 2 Suros drops when I have 3 already. I remember DYING to get that gun. It was my last exotic primary, and second to last exotic in all behind Gally). Oh well, Keeping that stuff in my mail carrier just to save room. I hope that never glitches out.

He's here, MIDA Multi Tool.
MIDA Multi Shard

I think all the Vendors are getting new gear when HoW hits. They showed some of them during that live stream. It will probably be the same as when TDB dropped with all new gear. I usually don't use any of the vendor gear so I don't know much about which of what is good or not.

Man last night was a bit rough in VoG on hard. I was playing like a total scrub with the relic. I attribute it to being both tired and pissed off at the contractor that I had to stay late at work to finish a job. Ugh.... Funny thing is it took longer on Atheon than it did on Gatekeeper. Sorry about that io, Ryot is still learning everything on Vault. I guess for me it didn't help that I was spec'ed for agility for most of it rather than recovery and defense... oops. :/ I personally didn't agree with the strategy when getting teleported. I say just fire a freaking rocket at the hobs and be done with it since nobody was firing rockets at Atheon anyways. Also it wasn't good that we didn't have anyone popping a weapons bubble, otherwise Atheon should have been down in 2 goes. I think that was part of the reason why we took so long. I'll make sure someone is a titan from here on out that isn't running the relic.

Anyone else have this observation? I noticed my friends list last night was much more populated with Destiny players. A few people in my old crew were on. I'm not very keen on dropping everything to help them though since:

A) They just up an abandoned the game
B) I don't know them IRL. I have 1 friend who is just getting back into the game but I will help him out since I know him personally. The other is one I've gamed with forever and will gladly help him out as well.
Add me if you want I run sword on two of my characters for hm crota. I tend to do all the weekly stuff and that's it for destiny since there's nothing else to do in it until HOW drops. gt is in my profile

I added you paintballers.

I need to make sure my crucible rank is high enough to buy some of this new gear.  I haven't played much on my warlock or hunter, but I should play more this iron banner.

Also if anyone wants to do some crota runs tonight or this weekend I'm down.  I haven't touched that raid this week.

simosaurus said:
We also need to run the CE Totems on hard to get Chubby an Abyss Defiant. I love that gun.
How does he not have it already? It seems like I get that and the pulse rifle every time I run the first two parts. But that's easy enough to do so we might as well. I don't mind stockpiling more mats so count me in.

chubbyninja1319 said:
Anybody interested in getting a Vault run tonight or tomorrow night?
Yeah, maybe. I did that hard mode run with Vendetta a few days ago. He has the Oracles checkpoint if you want to start there. Or if you just want to do Normal from the start I'm up for that as well.

Also if anyone wants to do some crota runs tonight or this weekend I'm down. I haven't touched that raid this week.
Hey, thanks again for running sword last night and saving our bacon. We plugged right through everything else and then got stuck because we didn't have an experienced swordbearer among us. I feel like I should be able to do it, but at this point I never want to waste anyone's time while I practice.

Yep thanks guys that was a lot of fun last night. Would love to do a VoG run tonight or maybe tag along for a hard Crota run. I think I did the lamps and Crota on normal and the bridge on both last night.

3 Crota HM clears last night to help a couple of my friends get certain weapons.  Pretty quick for the most part minus a couple glitches.  Had 3 different sword runners so I actually got to play with all 3 of my characters instead of just my hunter.  Got helmets on all 3?!?!  :shock:   Also got my 2nd Last Word this week. 

One friend got the Crux so he has all the exotic weapons now.  My two friends who were new to Crota hard both got Fang and one also got the Word of Crota.  So overall it was a success.

My other buddy who io gave Gorgon CP to, pulled a Gjallarhorn... :hot: :bomb: :bomb:

Helped a couple friends get some normal crota kills.  And io saw this.... 3 of us weren't getting anything since we were done for week but everyone else (the other 3) all got a Dragon's Breath.  :lol: :D/   That is the damnedest thing I've ever seen.

If anyone needs a sword runner and sees me on, even if I am raiding, feel free to hit me up.  I love running sword so even if I am raiding I'll get to you after I am done.

Yep thanks guys that was a lot of fun last night. Would love to do a VoG run tonight or maybe tag along for a hard Crota run. I think I did the lamps and Crota on normal and the bridge on both last night.
I'd be up for a vault run soon, too. I want to get some of that armor to level up with HoW. Had fun with the gang last night. Good to finally meet ya, ajh!

Yeah, I've done more raiding this week than I have in a long time.

I've done 6 Normal Crota kills (and 2 full start-to-end runs) as well as 3 hard kills (with one of those start-to-end), and one full hard VoG run.

Then last night after everyone else got off I did bounties on all 3 characters for another hour and a half. I'm trying to go for a couple more faction ranks before HoW hits.

My faction rewards so far:

Dead Orbit rank 13: Bittersteel shader
Read Orbit rank 13 (on another character): Bittersteel shader
Future War Cult rank 16: Carthage shader

no ships yet... But of course scads of Crucible commendations which at least will mean instant exp when HoW hits. I should at least land myself some new weapons with all the rank-ups I'll have. I need to remember to cash all those in before I buy anything.

I wouldn't mind doing a "casual" normal VoG run tonight if you guys are up for it. Or maybe hard mode Crota runs up through the Abyss. If ajh needs stuff from there maybe we could run that real quick.

I wouldn't mind doing a "casual" normal VoG run tonight if you guys are up for it. Or maybe hard mode Crota runs up through the Abyss. If ajh needs stuff from there maybe we could run that real quick.
What time you think you will be on?

I'd be down for this but most everyone else is already doing the raid by the time I get home. I won't be home for like another 3 hours from this post either :cry:

I was going to hop on now to see what is going on. But then again the Blazers game is just about to start. So maybe I'll check and if nothing is going on I'll watch the game but could jump on if someone sends me a message on the Xbox.

Someone glitched his way into some HoW content:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxQwQGtIqek

Well, while it all looks like what we are familiar with in the Cosmodrome, at least it appears to be a "new" area and not just a traversal of an old map from the opposite direction like they did with most of TDB.  However, I'm not sure what it took him to get here, so we may have to just  shoot our way through the same old Rocket Yards to get to this point.  Also, I hope that "Ultra Captain" label was a placeholder title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back