Destiny Discussion Thread - Fear The Moon Wizards on September 9th

Status
Not open for further replies.
my level 15 & 16 Dead Orbit pkgs I cashed in, along with 2 cryptarch pkgs & a public event pkg. I got CRAP. Ascendant materials & crucible commendations. No shader or ship :(.

I'm going to pick up the season pass for this today. Kept debating on it because I already had the first expansion on the PS4. But seeing how I really want to keep leveling up, I need it.

I'm going to pick up the season pass for this today. Kept debating on it because I already had the first expansion on the PS4. But seeing how I really want to keep leveling up, I need it.
Why'd you move from PS4 to Xbone? The PS4 Destiny community is probably bigger if anything. (not as good looking though)

Thunderlord or Obsidian Mind this week from Xur? I usually play as a Sunslinger but I do have about 100 points left on my Throrn bounty to do. I already have a legendary arc machine gun from the Crota raid but it sucks. And I only have enough strange coins for one of them.

Thunderlord or Obsidian Mind this week from Xur? I usually play as a Sunslinger but I do have about 100 points left on my Throrn bounty to do. I already have a legendary arc machine gun from the Crota raid but it sucks. And I only have enough strange coins for one of them.
First time they have ever sold Thunderlord so keep that in mind. It is a really good machine gun, but I really never use it. I almost always use Ice Breaker or Ghorn as my exotics. If I'm using a Machine Gun I use Corrective Measure for PvP, Jolder's Hammer or Corrective Measure for void burn, or Song of Ir Yut for Arc Burn. I don't even bother with machine guns for solar burn due to IB/GH/HoC all being solar.

The Obsidian Mind is the best exotic helm for a Voidwalker. Even better if you have a Bad Juju to use with it to help you build your super even faster.

They are both good choices so it is really up to you but I would probably get Obsidian Mind over Thunderlord especially if you have the Song of Ir Yut already. Plus the helmet will save you a few strange coins leading up to House of Wolves. They might sell something good the first week, you never know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why'd you move from PS4 to Xbone? The PS4 Destiny community is probably bigger if anything. (not as good looking though)
The PSN community has little to be desired. I have always liked the XBL community a lot more. With that being said, I just installed the season pass.

The special ammo changes in PvP were added when 1.1.2 update released last month.

I agree that having 4+ would be better for PoE. it would be something different since we already have 3 man teams for strikes and 6 man for raids. I know there are no checkpoints in PoE but I wonder how people dropping will be handled. Hopefully you can add people in game if someone drops out.

Also remember that only the base level 28 arena has matchmaking. If you want to do the level 32/34/35 challenge modes you need to form your own team.
Ugh...its like this game wants me to hate it. The green ammo boxes are now so freakin' scarce.

As for Matchmaking only on 28, fuck that! I really don't know what I keep doing playing this game if it keeps evolving into a worse version of itself. *sigh* guess I'll be on LFG trying to get some games in.

Linkin - we'll get you through the higher levels. With the PoE being only groups of 3, there should be more opportunity for people to team up. And since we can run each level 32/34/35 once per week on 3 characters that is a lot of runs to go through. I'm sure I (and others) won't be doing them all right at reset like I have been with Crota.

ajh2298 said:
Huh, wow, he's selling Thunderlord finally, eh? If I hadn't already gotten 6 or 7 of those through drops I'd be all over that. It is pretty nice. But then again so is Obsidian Mind. Voidwalker is very nice for the Thorn bounty since all three of your specials (super, grenade, melee) can be void attacks if you spec it right. But yeah, he's sold Obsidian Mind a few times but never Thunderlord so I'd take that into consideration.

I always liked Song of Ir Yut (the legendary arc MG from Crota). But I suppose Thunderlord is a little better than that. Now I have an Arc Jolder's Hammer as well.

Once again I was on at reset and totally forgot it was Xur time and didn't look for him. I missed him entirely last week. But at this point it would just be to see if he has anything with a better roll than what I already have. And usually his armor rolls are pretty bad.

Speaking of the Thorn bounty, I've been leveling up my new Thorn. It is pretty nice even before getting the damage over time perk.

Tonight I should hit level 21 on Dead Orbit on my Warlock. I'll be curious to see if I get the same shader as I got on my Hunter at 21. Both my Warlock and Hunter got the same shader at level 13 so I'm trying to see if there's something not-quite-random about the drops...

When does Xur show up again? I did a couple of the Eris bounties so I can get the murmur rifle. I got me a 12pk of adult beverage getting nice and cold. Ready to do some more gaming tonight. I'm almost a level 27 now. 

When does Xur show up again? I did a couple of the Eris bounties so I can get the murmur rifle. I got me a 12pk of adult beverage getting nice and cold. Ready to do some more gaming tonight. I'm almost a level 27 now.
Xur is here until 5:00 a.m. Sunday, so you still have some time to earn a few strange coins and make a purchase.

I know nothing about what to try and buy from Zur lol
At your current state, armor is more important than the weapon since the armor is the current highest light level & it'll let you reach 32 once you get other armor pieces to finish the set.

Just make sure you're buying armor for your class

Will do. Thanks again. Also, I am trying to do the Heart of Crota, eyes of crota, and hand of crota. I know they are on Earth inside the Cosmodrone. But I can't find where I'm going. Is anyone going to be on soon that could possible help me out with these? I tried hanging around in the tower and inviting people to my team, but have had no luck.

krashhole said:
Will do. Thanks again. Also, I am trying to do the Heart of Crota, eyes of crota, and hand of crota. I know they are on Earth inside the Cosmodrone. But I can't find where I'm going. Is anyone going to be on soon that could possible help me out with these? I tried hanging around in the tower and inviting people to my team, but have had no luck.
They are all kind of at the ends. One is way over where the Sepiks strike is. So from where you start go right and over 2 1/2 more zones and you'll run into it.

One of the others is the exact opposite way on the way to Skywatch (so go left from the start then up the hill from where all the airplanes are and it is within that building complex). I forget where the 3rd one is. But I think it might be even further over that way (so keep going).

Yeah, hit the weekly every week and if you have multiple characters, you can accumulate them crazy quick.  Make sure you select as high a level as possible to get the most coins.  Level 30 = 9 coins. 

On that note, I'm plugging away at my 3rd toon.  My Hunter is just a sliver under level 18.  Last night I started at 13, so that was productive.  I had 10 bounties to turn in, 5 of them being "defeat x with the heroic modifier" and with the 5K xp, things went quick. 

I took a break for the weekend. I ended up with 11 coins though. I'll resume to playing either tomorrow or Tuesday. Been mainly just trying to do some of the Eris bounties and higher level strikes. But playing by myself on some of them are challenging. I'll keep chipping away at it though.

OK, this is ridiculous. I got another Dead Orbit drop on my Warlock and once again I got a duplicate shader. I got a second Hanged Man.

So now my shader drops look like this:

Hunter - Dead Orbit: Bittersteel at 13, Hanged Man at 21
Warlock - Dead Orbit: Bittersteel at 13, Hanged Man at 22
Titan - FWC: Carthage at 16, Carthage at 20.

So I've gotten 6 shaders to drop but 3 have been duplicates. And still no ships. The nearly identical drops on my Warlock and Hunter for Dead Orbit are a little suspicious. It seems hard to believe I'd get that result from pure RNG. I know others have gotten other shaders at much lower levels. But still...

I'm getting a little tired of running bounties every day just for all of this (now that I've also maxed out my Iron Banner gear/weapons and my newly acquired Thorn). I think from now on once the weekly stuff is done I'll just try to run bounties every other day. I'll still grab the good ones every day but then try to be more efficient by getting through 2 sets of them every other day. For example yesterday had Pumice Threads but today had Venus Patrol. Obviously it would have been faster to combine those.

On the plus side, from doing all this I have tons of daily public event packages and even Cryptarch packages to unlock once House of Wolves hits in a week.

I also played some Crucible last night to get more marks (even though I can't really spend them since my Crucible rank is only 3 on one character). Thorn is pretty awesome to use for the hand cannon kill bounty. I am definitely waiting for a good collection of bounties to run Crucible though (like every 3-4 days).

I give you  credit for your dedication, io.  You seem to be playing more than ever to get prepped for HoW.  I can't even bring myself to run bounties to level up my IB weapons and armor from last week, let alone try for a remote shot at the faction shaders..  Barely made it through the weekly stuff that I usually do the past few weeks.  Hoping this new content gets me motivated again.

So the big part of the patch is hitting in just a few hours, correct?

OK, this is ridiculous. I got another Dead Orbit drop on my Warlock and once again I got a duplicate shader. I got a second Hanged Man.

So now my shader drops look like this:

Hunter - Dead Orbit: Bittersteel at 13, Hanged Man at 21
Warlock - Dead Orbit: Bittersteel at 13, Hanged Man at 22
Titan - FWC: Carthage at 16, Carthage at 20.

So I've gotten 6 shaders to drop but 3 have been duplicates. And still no ships. The nearly identical drops on my Warlock and Hunter for Dead Orbit are a little suspicious. It seems hard to believe I'd get that result from pure RNG. I know others have gotten other shaders at much lower levels. But still...
This is interesting. I've gotten two shaders from DO on two of my characters (for a total of 4 shaders) and like you, they are duplicates. Revenant and Bittersteel for both characters. One of my friends had the exact same experience as me. Two of his DO characters got the same 2 shaders I got. Neither of us have received Hanged Man yet.

I've read unsubstantiated rumors (could just be a bunch of BS and the game really is random) that there are certain things like these that maybe Bungie program into their game to entice people to keep playing (grinding). Give you everything except for a few items that have an extremely rare chance of dropping, so that you keep playing, hoping that the thing you want is just within your grasp and you'll get it if you just keep playing a little bit more....lol. As "evil" as that may sound, that actually would work...

Edit:

Is no one really raising a fuss that they are recycling the Nightfall strikes so soon? The pattern for the past 4 weeks has been Archon Priest, Omnigul, Archon Priest, and now Omnigul again. Like WTF.

Looking for a couple of people to help me with the Level 26 special mission for the Thorn bounty for either tonight or tomorrow night after 10:00 est.

Thanks

Is no one really raising a fuss that they are recycling the Nightfall strikes so soon? The pattern for the past 4 weeks has been Archon Priest, Omnigul, Archon Priest, and now Omnigul again. Like WTF.
Yeah it is weird. I feel like there must be a reason, but that reason is lost on me. Omnigul with arc and lightswitch is just the worst.

Yeah it is weird. I feel like there must be a reason, but that reason is lost on me. Omnigul with arc and lightswitch is just the worst.
Saw a video on reddit where a Titan drops a Helm of St 14 bubble on Omnigul to confuse her and they take her out with arc shotguns in 20 seconds. They must want us to master that method...

They delayed the 1.2 patch so no Crucible rewards today. Wonder if this will impact anything else in the schedule? Start your HoW getting delayed conspiracy theories....go!

Saw a video on reddit where a Titan drops a Helm of St 14 bubble on Omnigul to confuse her and they take her out with arc shotguns in 20 seconds. They must want us to master that method...

They delayed the 1.2 patch so no Crucible rewards today. Wonder if this will impact anything else in the schedule? Start your HoW getting delayed conspiracy theories....go!
What rewards were there supposed to be?

Omnigul is my favorite strike, so I don't mind it. I've done the others a million times. Now I get ONE new one to do with stonger gear, YAYYYY!!! Nexus is my least favorite strike, btw.

Got my 3rd Gally, mt 3rd Hunger, and my 3rd Crux this week. You can't stack Crux's so I'm stuck with 1 in vault & one on my Titan. You can't have more than 1 in any inventory. Weird. WTF, Bungie...let me trade it for a dang dead orbit shader (Hanged Man is my least fav, and the first one that all my friends got around level 5-8, btw). Revenant is the good one.

What rewards were there supposed to be?
Average stuff, comparable to what you get when you complete a Daily mission.

Don't remember for sure but I think it's usually ascend.mats, engrams and marks.

BTW, am I the only one who finds it funny that they keep looking for ways to get us to play PvP? It's like they know it sucks, but hey... "play it and you'll get this candy".

GLOCKGLOCK said:
I give you credit for your dedication, io. You seem to be playing more than ever to get prepped for HoW.
I didn't do anything last night except recycle the Gorgon checkpoint. I'm losing steam here right when the new stuff is about to come out.

CaseX said:
This is interesting. I've gotten two shaders from DO on two of my characters (for a total of 4 shaders) and like you, they are duplicates. Revenant and Bittersteel for both characters. One of my friends had the exact same experience as me. Two of his DO characters got the same 2 shaders I got. Neither of us have received Hanged Man yet.

Edit:
I'd trade a Hanged Man for a Revenant in a heartbeat. That is the one I want, though Hanged Man isn't bad either. I'm more upset I got the SAME shader (Carthage) twice for FWC on my Titan, and it is probably the worst of the FWC shaders. At least with the other two characters the duplicates were cross-character.

And yeah, another reason I didn't touch the Nightfall last night was because Omnigul...

twztid13 said:
Got my 3rd Gally, mt 3rd Hunger, and my 3rd Crux this week. You can't stack Crux's so I'm stuck with 1 in vault & one on my Titan. You can't have more than 1 in any inventory. Weird. WTF, Bungie...let me trade it for a dang dead orbit shader (Hanged Man is my least fav, and the first one that all my friends got around level 5-8, btw). Revenant is the good one.
Why don't you turn them into Necrochasms? That's what I'd do if I ever got another one. Necro is kind of fun to use in an Arc burn. I think I used it last time we had Omnigul with Arc, which didn't seem all that long ago actually.

As for shaders, I've found that most people seem to get Bittersteel first. Hanged Man and Bittersteel really aren't all that much different (they are both black and white). Though I will say that Hanged Man looks pretty awesome on my Warlock with the full Iron Banner gear. Bittersteel, meanwhile, looks nice on my Hunter (wearing a mix of Crota/IB). And I'm using my second Hanged Man on my Titan with Crota/IB gear. On my Titan it comes out more black than white so it is a good approximation of Revenant at least. But it definitely seems like the 4th shader from Dead Orbit is the most rare. I've never seen anyone with that - I can't even think of the name.

I may be up for some early Nightfall runs if anyone is doing that this evening. I probably can't play as much later as I usually do. Either post here or send me a message on Live (should see it on my phone) if you want to run it.

So, finally finished my Crota raid set with the helmet. So happy to finally get that Damm helmet. All I need now is the Fate bringer and I'll have a good percentage of the exotics Until the new dlc comes out.

Vulcan2422 said:
So, finally finished my Crota raid set with the helmet. So happy to finally get that Damm helmet. All I need now is the Fate bringer and I'll have a good percentage of the exotics Until the new dlc comes out.
FYI - Fatebringer is not an exotic. But that makes it all the better - it is an awesome legendary primary weapon with Arc damage so you still have a spot for an exotic (like for this week's Nightfall: Fatebringer, an arc sniper or shotgun, and then Thunderlord for the exotic spot).

Oh I know. It's probably one of the rarest weapons I need though and one of those weapons I just can't get to drop. I have all the weapons and armor from Crota And pretty much 90% of the exotics. I just need that damn Fatebringer to feel complete.

Finally got the stupid VoG Warlock gloves last night.  Praetorian Foil last item left from VoG and CE.  Only have one more oracles clear this week so looking unlikely to get that drop.

If anyone is going to be on tonight. I could really use some help with a couple Eris bounties. Sucks playing by myself all the time lol 

If anyone is going to be on tonight. I could really use some help with a couple Eris bounties. Sucks playing by myself all the time lol
I'll probably be on tonight and definitely on Friday. Feel free to send me an invite if you need help with anything or just need company. :)

I be on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights krash so feel free to add me also. Gamertag is ajh2298 and I should be on around 10:00 pm est all three nights.

Daily update about the patch delay:

Solutions for technical issues that have delayed the delivery of updates have been identified. Work is ongoing and we'll release the new content and the Patch Notes as soon as we can. Stand by for more information on timing.
So who knows when it wlll come out. They are still tweeting about HoW launching next Tuesday so at this point there doesn't appear to be a high likelihood of HoW getting pushed back.

Also was digging for some more HoW information and saw that x360a posted an update which indicated they conducted an interview with Bungie and asked about the lack of achievements and some other things that the fan sites don't seem interested in asking about at this time. (Raids/Comet/Taken King/Sidearms/Weapon Balancing). I'm sure Bungie will probably just give them the run around but at least people are asking them about these things instead of just getting down on their knees for the HoW stuff.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/news/news-21139-Destiny-Update-Delayed-Due-to---%EF%BF%BDLate-Breaking-Technical-Issue-.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back