Destiny: Limited Edition Pre-Order Still Available Best Buy - $99 ($79 GCU) FREE DESTINY BETA CODES

lectersvictim

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Best Buy - $99 ($79 GCU) - PS4

ALL PLATFORMS

FREE DESTINY BETA CODES:

PS4 (Americas)
FJPE-4LN9-CRNH
QNDA-PEN9-QJKT
RTR4-JTN5-4KLC
D9B6-67NR-CKK4
H84R-JGNH-F64C
GJKG-DQN6-TKMM
6ELF-QFN5-8NGR
EQ8F-8NNK-65Q2
FMCE-68ND-FPM6
6JRL-MMN9-2MC6
8CH4-9LNL-TT87
TQDC-H3NE-LQBM

PS3 (Americas)
RH6M-GDNC-GK2E
P2N3-HMNM-JQD6
5N4J-NKNL-8QTE
HLJD-BANL-JLPA
5JGM-5NNM-G6DN
F37T-D3N3-43DJ

XBOX ONE (Global) - All Redeemed 

XBOX 360 (Global) - All Redeemed

[ALL CODES REDEEMABLE ON PSN / XBOX LIVE]

- ENJOY

Last edited by a moderator:
I also just got my order canceled, and also got the $50off. Problem now though, when I try to preorder the regular edition, I can't do in store pick up. It says unavailable.

Muhahahahaha.... the $50 promotional code works on ANYTHING aside from Best Buy gift cards. I just got a $50 PSN card order through with in-store pickup for ZERO dollars. Gonna use that on the digital guardian edition on the PSN store so I can pre-load. 

Muhahahahaha.... the $50 promotional code works on ANYTHING aside from Best Buy gift cards. I just got a $50 PSN card order through with in-store pickup for ZERO dollars. Gonna use that on the digital guardian edition on the PSN store so I can pre-load.
this is good news, only had the LE preordered at best buy because they had them in stock, if i cant get the regular version day one (no in store pickup). ill order from amazon and use this on diablo 3.

Yeah mine was cancelled as well.... but I wonder if they're gonna use the promo codes I had towards the other purchases I made.

Edit: also you should be able to use in store pick up since my order automatically did that

I received the notice and got the credit via email but my order still shows in process.  Anyone else show up this way or do they show canceled?

also, even though i got the email cancellation, the order on my account still shows as processing. i know they did something similar with the grand theft auto v glitch. they sent out cancellations and then the games still shipped...does anyone's order actually show as cancelled yet?

They probably want people to see the email with the $50 before seeing the cancelation.  It wouldn't surprise me if we see a mass cancelation in a few days to a week but here is hoping.

Anyone willing to sell their $50 voucher they got? I really want to buy Destiny (the beta pulled me in) and I want to get the best discount I can, let me know if you are interested in selling yours!

To those getting cancelation emails, when did you order? I wouldn't be shocked if this turns into another GTA fiasco, $87 for the LE and a $50 gift card on top would be insane.

Wow, I made a mistake putting off the preorder until some reward certs came through.  Oh well.  With GCU I got the regular version with a $10 reward cert so it will be at least cheaper even with expansions than the limited edition.

This limiting the limited/ghost editions is actually really crappy for the every day gamer.  It only benefits the neck beards and resellers.

Wow, I made a mistake putting off the preorder until some reward certs came through. Oh well. With GCU I got the regular version with a $10 reward cert so it will be at least cheaper even with expansions than the limited edition.

This limiting the limited/ghost editions is actually really crappy for the every day gamer. It only benefits the neck beards and resellers.
I think the limited edition is great value if you have GCU. The ghost edition looks cheap to me, but they're going for crazy amounts on ebay at the moment. One sold for over $1,000.

EDIT:

Can someone who got the email tell me the subject name? I dont want my friend to delete in by accident if he does in fact get it.

I think the limited edition is great value if you have GCU. The ghost edition looks cheap to me, but they're going for crazy amounts on ebay at the moment. One sold for over $1,000.

EDIT:

Can someone who got the email tell me the subject name? I dont want my friend to delete in by accident if he does in fact get it.
Well it's a great value sure. I'm talking about how it is actually hard to get through. Limiting a limited edition is actually a rare thing and a pretty crappy practice in the time of ebay snipers.

Almost wishing my LE for PS4 would get cancelled but I ordered right after it came on the site. Think I'm changing my mind about the game. PvP reminded me of Halo a lot. Wasn't thrilled with the PvE either. Didn't like the recycled environments and traversing through the same area over and over just doing different missions. Don't like what I'm hearing about 0 matchmaking support for group content. I know one person that is getting it and as a dad of 3 you can only play when you get a free second, I'm sure there's other CAGs in the same situation.

On eBay these things are going for ridiculous amounts of cash. Might change my mind later...

I used a gift card on the canceled order.  Does anyone know how I get it back?  I threw away the physical card after I used it.

Nevermind...I found the card, but it won't work because my order still says in process.

So is it canceled or not?

I used a gift card on the canceled order. Does anyone know how I get it back? I threw away the physical card after I used it.
You may have to call them and ask them to send it to your email instead. I'm pretty sure the amount goes back to the card.

Almost wishing my LE for PS4 would get cancelled but I ordered right after it came on the site. Think I'm changing my mind about the game. PvP reminded me of Halo a lot. Wasn't thrilled with the PvE either. Didn't like the recycled environments and traversing through the same area over and over just doing different missions. Don't like what I'm hearing about 0 matchmaking support for group content. I know one person that is getting it and as a dad of 3 you can only play when you get a free second, I'm sure there's other CAGs in the same situation.

On eBay these things are going for ridiculous amounts of cash. Might change my mind later...
I'm with you man.......3 kids that is......as for the game, I am excited for it and really enjoyed the beta. Just used my $50 code on ps4 version of destiny and some overpriced analog stick covers to replace the chewed up pads courtesy of my 1 year old:) Order total: $2.15 after $5 rewards certificate. Thank you Best Buy, I love you

I had ordered PS4 LE on July 24th and got the cancellation email tonight. Honestly, after seeing that the $50 code works on anything, I'm not even mad.

I used the $50 code and a $5 reward cert to pick up Destiny PS4 ($48) and a $10 PSN card for $3.19 shipped.. and I'll get $10 back from the Destiny preorder on top of that.

Like the posters above I'm a gamer dad (2 kids) and I'm kind of on the fence about Destiny after playing the beta and reading about no matchmaking for raids, etc. so by just buying the basic edition I can hedge my bets. If I end up loving the game I can pick up a season pass when the time comes.

If I end up not liking the game I'm sure I can get $35-40 for it easily, if I do keep it and grab the Season Pass I'll end up with a total cost of something like $30 for Destiny + Season Pass + $10 PSN card, and I'll just miss out on the Steelbook and LE trinkets. I can deal with that.

Just got my cancellation notice. Thanks Best Buy!

July 23rd order. PS4 Limited edition.

They're offering me $50 towards the digital guardian or standard edition as compensation.
Best Buy canceled my Ghost Edition on July 21st and I'm pissed about it. I was on the phone with them for 2 hours and they gave me a runaround talking to someone in the back office. The last thing they said to me is they "sold out" when I placed my order within 2 hours of it being listed on the website.

Got my LE cancellation email.  I'm bummed that no stores in my area are listing in store pick up for the regular PS4 version.  I'd choose shipping but i'm impatient and want to play on release day. I might have to suck it up since I also want to make sure I get the $10 RZ cert for pre ordering.

Have all of these cancellations been online orders? I preordered mine in store July 29th (I think) and haven't gotten a cancellation notice...

Have all of these cancellations been online orders? I preordered mine in store July 29th (I think) and haven't gotten a cancellation notice...
Yes, so far they've all been online orders. I don't know how they'll handle the same situation with in store preorders. My worst fear out of all of this is to walk in on release day to find that my preorder couldn't be fulfilled :???: and not be compensated in some way.

[quote name="Veridis_Quo" post="11986450" timestamp="1407326003"]Yes, so far they've all been online orders. I don't know how they'll handle the same situation with in store preorders. My worst fear out of all of this is to walk in on release day to find that my preorder couldn't be fulfilled :???: and not be compensated in some way.[/quote]

They'll compensate you.

Super nervous about my I store 360 preorder...going to the midnight launch for sure.

Although it sucks that some people are missing out on the Limited Editions that they wanted, I gotta say that Best Buy did the right thing here.  I had my Limited Edition PS4 copy cancelled and I used the $50 to get the Digital Deluxe Edition for $43.  I was most interested in the game, the expansions, and the digital emblems and skins so it worked out great for me.  I end up just looking at the physical stuff for a few minutes and then throwing it in a drawer or closet and never touching it again.  The only downsides are that there is no GCU discount for the digital edition, and I can't sell the game when I'm done.  I'm guessing the game will have pretty long legs so it might not be worth too much when I'm ready to sell it anyway.

Yes, so far they've all been online orders. I don't know how they'll handle the same situation with in store preorders. My worst fear out of all of this is to walk in on release day to find that my preorder couldn't be fulfilled :???: and not be compensated in some way.
I agree... I would hate finding out the day it came in. Maybe the retail stores need to open today before anything happens. Truth is though, I think I would rather get the $50 than keep my limited edition game. :p

I ordered a PS4 LE edition online for in-store pickup on 07/20/2014.  My order still shows as "In Progress" and I've not received a cancellation email yet.  Honestly though, I wouldn't mind all that much if they DID cancel my order at this point.  After hearing about no matchmaking for the raids I'm more on the fence than I was during the beta.  If they cancel my order I'll likely not pickup the game at all...and if I do that I'm sure my brothers will cancel their pre-orders too.  This game has a lot of potential...but most of that potential will be driven by the size and quality of the community.  To me...it's a gamble.  I'm still willing to give it a shot if my pre-order goes through...but if it gets cancelled too...meh.

I'm trying to preorder the regular PS4 version of the game online from Best Buy, with in-store pickup. I'm being told it's unavailable. Is anybody else having this issue? I can't imagine they'd sell out like that.

I'm trying to preorder the regular PS4 version of the game online from Best Buy, with in-store pickup. I'm being told it's unavailable. Is anybody else having this issue? I can't imagine they'd sell out like that.
Yes. All local stores show unavailable.

Sucks for anyone who had their preorders canceled. I hope I'm in the clear as I reserved my Ghost back on 7/7. The smart thing to do would have been for me to make a 2nd preorder elsewhere for back up. Oh well, live and let learn...*Fingers Crossed*

You guys could always try your luck on ebay if you got the cash, I'm watching these just in case:

Ghost Ed Xbox One: http://www.ebay.com/itm/111425695407?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1586.l2649

Limited Ed X1: http://www.ebay.com/itm/111427799762?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1586.l2649

^ really it's @ $396 - that's as much as the actual console itself...

and the limited is @ $130 with a buy it now for $600?

some people must have nothing but money...

kudos to the seller for taking advantage of people's compulsion to have a supposed rare item.

Yeah. Why wouldn't I?

knights.jpg

My Xbone copy I preordered online on the 24th hasn't been cancelled yet. I really want the limited edition, but wouldn't mind them sending me $50 towards the regular edition if they cancelled.

bread's done
Back