Destiny: Limited Edition Pre-Order Still Available Best Buy - $99 ($79 GCU) FREE DESTINY BETA CODES

lectersvictim

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Best Buy - $99 ($79 GCU) - PS4

ALL PLATFORMS

FREE DESTINY BETA CODES:

PS4 (Americas)
FJPE-4LN9-CRNH
QNDA-PEN9-QJKT
RTR4-JTN5-4KLC
D9B6-67NR-CKK4
H84R-JGNH-F64C
GJKG-DQN6-TKMM
6ELF-QFN5-8NGR
EQ8F-8NNK-65Q2
FMCE-68ND-FPM6
6JRL-MMN9-2MC6
8CH4-9LNL-TT87
TQDC-H3NE-LQBM

PS3 (Americas)
RH6M-GDNC-GK2E
P2N3-HMNM-JQD6
5N4J-NKNL-8QTE
HLJD-BANL-JLPA
5JGM-5NNM-G6DN
F37T-D3N3-43DJ

XBOX ONE (Global) - All Redeemed 

XBOX 360 (Global) - All Redeemed

[ALL CODES REDEEMABLE ON PSN / XBOX LIVE]

- ENJOY

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually wanted my PS4 Limited Ed Order.

Damn, I'm assuming Gamestop is out too?
Everywhere is out. They are selling for quite a premium on ebay.

I wanted one but mainly because Gamersclub+expansion pass was a good deal but I wouldn't pay $100 let alone more on ebay.

My PS4 Ghost Edition preorder was canceled late last month from Best Buy and I ordered the day it became available. I didn't get a email for a $50 code or anything.

It's BS seeing these Ghost Editions selling for $400+ on Ebay. Why couldn't Bungie or whomever make enough to flood the market so nobody profits off it?

That sucks, I was going to order it the night before it went OOS, but figured I'd wait until the morning. At least I woulda got a GC out of it :(

X360 LE from 07/25/14 is still showing as in process, at payment verified step, used $30 RZ on the order.

We'll see if it survives the week or not.

I have never wanted a cancellation so much. The game had it's flaws, but when it was revealed that we only have 5 small areas in the whole game, I stopped caring. Held on to my preorder in case it wasn't true. Bungie's silence on the whole thing has me believing it is though.

I have never wanted a cancellation so much. The game had it's flaws, but when it was revealed that we only have 5 small areas in the whole game, I stopped caring. Held on to my preorder in case it wasn't true. Bungie's silence on the whole thing has me believing it is though.
Five small areas? What game were you playing? I played the beta for like 12 hours or so and felt there was plenty to do... and then they opened up the moon. If there's 3 more areas of similar size I'll be plenty happy.

So if anyone wants a ghost edition I'm about to cancel my ps4 and xb1 preorder on amazon. Decided against it. And I'm not going to even try dealing with eBay.

So if anyone wants a ghost edition I'm about to cancel my ps4 and xb1 preorder on amazon. Decided against it. And I'm not going to even try dealing with eBay.
PM me and lmk the details for the PS4 one plz. I want it for my collection, NOT eBay, and Walmart cancelled my Ghost pre-order as well as BB cancelling my LE...

...waiting for the other shoe to drop is killing me!

walmart - both ps4 and xbox one - canceled and downgraded to limited - still deciding if I want to keep or cancel

best buy - both ps4 and xbox one - haven't gotten the email yet... :pray:

go hasting - very unreliable

gamestop - xbox 360 version - last ditch effort -  :???: - meh something is better than nothing.

Five small areas? What game were you playing? I played the beta for like 12 hours or so and felt there was plenty to do... and then they opened up the moon. If there's 3 more areas of similar size I'll be plenty happy.
I feel the same. We're also forgetting that future planets aren't out of the question, if Bungie's whole "10 year plan" is considered. I see this game as MMO-lite of sorts with the requisite PvP that a lot of people want.

My PS4 Ghost Edition preorder was canceled late last month from Best Buy and I ordered the day it became available. I didn't get a email for a $50 code or anything.

It's BS seeing these Ghost Editions selling for $400+ on Ebay. Why couldn't Bungie or whomever make enough to flood the market so nobody profits off it?
It's a marketing tactic. You create the illusion of demand by limiting supply. Who knows if the pre-orders for Destiny were good or not but with these Special Editions selling like hot cake it might entice more people to check out the game or throw down a pre-order just to see what the commotion is all about.

It's a marketing tactic. You create the illusion of demand by limiting supply. Who knows if the pre-orders for Destiny were good or not but with these Special Editions selling like hot cake it might entice more people to check out the game or throw down a pre-order just to see what the commotion is all about.
Unlikely. Preorders for the game were already through the roof for months before the CE/LE was even announced. People that got their preorders for the CE/LE cancelled were going to buy the game anyway. People who didn't care about the game aren't going to be enticed to order the standard edition just because they are hearing about the CE/LE being truly limited.

[quote name="o0achilles0o" post="11987194" timestamp="1407348931"]Five small areas? What game were you playing? I played the beta for like 12 hours or so and felt there was plenty to do... and then they opened up the moon. If there's 3 more areas of similar size I'll be plenty happy.[/quote]
You enjoy walking 50 feet and having enemies respawn too? Maybe small isn't the right word, but definitely too small for 1/5 of the game. Moon was even smaller.

[quote name="wongjp" post="11987428" timestamp="1407355523"]I feel the same. We're also forgetting that future planets aren't out of the question, if Bungie's whole "10 year plan" is considered. I see this game as MMO-lite of sorts with the requisite PvP that a lot of people want.[/quote]
There will be DLC, but the 10 year plan is their plan for the series with Activison. Expect sequels.

Will there be limited or Ghost editions at the midnight launch or was these only available for pre-order?

My LE is still safe, I ordered on 7/11 and used in-store pickup. I also have a backup at amazon but obviously no GCU discount, so Im hoping everything goes well at BB come release.

You enjoy walking 50 feet and having enemies respawn too? Maybe small isn't the right word, but definitely too small for 1/5 of the game. Moon was even smaller.
Didn't feel that way for me and my friends. I noticed people finding a lot of hidden paths in the moon (outside of the ONE mission they had in the beta for that two hours). On Earth, there was the first "area" you go to, Forgotten Shores and a few other areas that had caves and structures to go into. The way I saw it, they weren't showing off any more story missions or using other locations in the game since it was, well, a build and not a free game.

I dunno, I played the first look Alpha having no expectations, and I loved it. When the Beta came, I was pleased with what was offered, so I decided on the Ghost Edition anyway.

There will be DLC, but the 10 year plan is their plan for the series with Activison. Expect sequels.

Ah, true. Makes sense.

My LE is still safe, I ordered on 7/11 and used in-store pickup. I also have a backup at amazon but obviously no GCU discount, so Im hoping everything goes well at BB come release.
I have one Ghost Edition with BB (had gift certs and rewards certificate) and another at Amazon. I can imagine that there are a share of eBay sellers who now have to refund rather large amounts to bidders who wanted their Best Buy-cancelled Ghost Editions :p

I feel as though "Limited Editions" should be just that and actually limited. I'm keeping my pre order because I actually *want* the game and the silly plastic toy.

Not that I want them to, but has anybody who pre-ordered the limited edition in store gotten an email? I pre-ordered in store and I hope I wouldn't have to wait till I go in at mid-night. that would royally suck.

Does anyone think that some BB will have the LE and GE of Destiny at the midnight launch for those who did not preorder?  Like extra copies for the shelves. I know that you do not have to preorder in order to go to a store that is doing a midnight launch of the game. All you have to do is show up and they should have regular copies. I am just not sure if they will have LE or even GE copies of the game itself. Wish the Digital guardian edition was for Xbox One.

Does anyone think that some BB will have the LE and GE of Destiny at the midnight launch for those who did not preorder? Like extra copies for the shelves. I know that you do not have to preorder in order to go to a store that is doing a midnight launch of the game. All you have to do is show up and they should have regular copies. I am just not sure if they will have LE or even GE copies of the game itself. Wish the Digital guardian edition was for Xbox One.
I'll be pretty fucking pissed off if they have LEs on the shelf after canceling my online in-store-pickup preorder.

I'll be pretty fucking pissed off if they have LEs on the shelf after canceling my online in-store-pickup preorder.
I am willing to bet the only "extras" of these will be those that are canceled last minute by anyone who won't have money, or are forced to return it for some reason. These are looking truly sold out. If it's a marketing stunt then they made a boatload of money doing it.

I just received one of those take a second look emails from best buy with a link to the sold out limited edition of destiny:) Thanks for making fun of me best buy

I'm late to this discussion, so LE are being canceled? What if you preordered in store, how will you know if it got canceled?

I'm late to this discussion, so LE are being canceled? What if you preordered in store, how will you know if it got canceled?
I asked a similar question on the BB unlocked forums and got a reply from Matt, a BB rep:

Hello Veridis_Quo,

All customers that were impacted by these cancellations would have been notified via email by now, so if you haven’t received a cancellation notification, your pre-order is still active.

Thanks for connecting with us on the forum.

Sincerely,

Also it seems most people receiving these cancellations preordered after July 23rd onwards. Anything before and I think we're ok. Unless anyone states otherwise.

I just received one of those take a second look emails from best buy with a link to the sold out limited edition of destiny:) Thanks for making fun of me best buy
They send me too many emails like that or emails telling me I have something in my cart when I don't. It's annoying.

Also it seems most people receiving these cancellations preordered after July 23rd onwards. Anything before and I think we're ok. Unless anyone states otherwise.
Thanks for the reply, I guess I got lucky because I preordered on July 22. I'm still gonna make sure I show up at opening on release day just to be sure.

Does anyone think that some BB will have the LE and GE of Destiny at the midnight launch for those who did not preorder? Like extra copies for the shelves. I know that you do not have to preorder in order to go to a store that is doing a midnight launch of the game. All you have to do is show up and they should have regular copies. I am just not sure if they will have LE or even GE copies of the game itself. Wish the Digital guardian edition was for Xbox One.
Do not expect any extras at the midnight launch. You will have to wait and hope someone doesn't pick up their pre order in the 7 day window they get.

buddy they dont wait 7 days they give you 1 day maybe 2 to pick up your game, if you dont show, they sell it to people willing to buy

buddy they dont wait 7 days they give you 1 day maybe 2 to pick up your game, if you dont show, they sell it to people willing to buy
Buddy their policy states they will hold in store pick up for 8 days before canceling your order.

If it's an in-store pickup order, you get 8 days to get it, regardless of what it is, with day 1 being the day it's available for pickup. Once it's gone past 8 days, it returns to store stock and your online order is canceled.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Help-Topics/Store-Pickup/pcmcat204400050014.c?id=pcmcat204400050014

Specifically:

Store Pickup

Store Pickup lets you buy items online and pick them up in a store. You avoid shipping and scheduled delivery charges – and you may be able to get your order faster.

Here's how it works:
  • During checkout, choose Store Pickup and select your store.
  • We'll show you an estimated pickup date.
  • Place your order and wait to receive a "Ready for pickup" e-mail. (This is a separate e-mail from your order confirmation.)
  • Bring your ID, credit card, and order number to the store and pick up your items.
  • We'll hold your items at the store for 8 days. If you don't make it in by then, we'll cancel the order and refund your method of payment.

So I ordered on 7/26/14 in store and did not receive a canceled email. Best buy sucks at sending me emails though so I'm worried still. I still haven't received my GCU coupons yet.

I asked a similar question on the BB unlocked forums and got a reply from Matt, a BB rep:

Hello Veridis_Quo,

All customers that were impacted by these cancellations would have been notified via email by now, so if you haven’t received a cancellation notification, your pre-order is still active.

Thanks for connecting with us on the forum.

Sincerely,

I ordered the PS3 Limited on July 24th and have not received an email. Might be different dates for different systems.

You get a cool looking destiny t-shirt if you pick it up at my BB so if for some reason they have no LE then at least I got a t-shirt. Hopefully Bungie and MS will allow for the purchase of the digital guardian edition one the ONE when it releases as well.

Well I guess I can admit I was way wrong about this not being limited...I thought for sure with Activision and Bungie they would over produce but I was wrong.

bread's done
Back