Destiny (PS3/PS4) Official Thread

I love auto rifles and had never before acquired the Suros Regime. After checking the Xur Megathread, I saw in the app that I was sitting on exactly 23 strange coins. I took that as a sign and bought the thing.

The only raid weapon that I still don't have is Praedyths Revenge. And Word of Crota drops like crazy every single time I clear CE HM, nothing else :(

Anyone know when the next iron banner event is, or what armor they will sell? When i go to bungie, it just shows iron banner from march. Really hope they sell guantlets, and helmet, with sniper as the weapon. But dont think ill see a helmet.

Anyone know when the next iron banner event is, or what armor they will sell? When i go to bungie, it just shows iron banner from march. Really hope they sell guantlets, and helmet, with sniper as the weapon. But dont think ill see a helmet.
I concur on the Helmet, would love to snag those + Efrideets. My Firefly+Surplus roll that I got as a random from January is now my go-to sniper rifle, and now i hunger....for more!

2x attempts at hard crota from lfg. Neither fire team was up to the task. Once again we had bozo's dying in the crystal room on hard. Seriously a waste of time. Got shards from death singer both times (despite being the only one alive to clear the knights after killing death singer on one of the runs) and sharded all the common stuff that I've gotten over and over. 

One new glitch was after the first sword the gatekeeper warped into the crystal room and chased us around for a bit before warping away again...so that was different.

So House of Wolves might not have a raid? Didn't see any mention of it besides the new arena thing, but that sounds like a typical horde mode.

edit:

Bungie has confirmed that there will not be a raid. The new arena mode is 3 players

House of Wolves will not have a Raid activity. We didn't make this decision lightly. Our team has been humbled by the reception of Raids in Destiny and we are creating a new Raid for a release later this year. House of Wolves will have a new cooperative end game activity focused on variety, replayability, and skill – a new battle Arena called The Prison of Elders.
https://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=12764

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I haven't played Destiny much but was extremely hyped for the next DLC. Since I have the season pass, I'll check it out regardless, but knowing there will be no raid is, by far, the biggest letdown of the game so far. Sounds like they're just adding a horde mode... But, the story and strikes already feel like horde mode. Not really looking forward to it anymore.

The horde mode should be 3 to 6 players, with scaling difficulty as more players join.  Limiting it to 3 just seems dumb, maybe they have to because they need to develop for last gen also.

I'll keep an open mind, I have no choice because I bought the season pass too.  If they disappoint again like TDB, I may be done with Destiny and season passes. 

The horde mode should be 3 to 6 players, with scaling difficulty as more players join. Limiting it to 3 just seems dumb, maybe they have to because they need to develop for last gen also.

I'll keep an open mind, I have no choice because I bought the season pass too. If they disappoint again like TDB, I may be done with Destiny and season passes.
It just seems lazy to be honest, but we knew this was happening. They 1/2 developed the first part to get hype going, screw up more than once, then got most resources on the next part and forgot about this installment. They didn't "decide" just now, this was already done way before and that was the way it was going to be from the beginning.

It will be fun, shooting guns around like a maniac and throwing supers around. But seeing how everything is going, they better have an amazing follow up. Maybe without last gen included they can come up with something more polished, but I won't preorder this time around.

Side note: Finally got Bloodborne. Killed the first and second bosses last night. This game is intense as fuck and I had a friend roaming around with me and I kept on freaking out with the freaking crows. Man it is indeed a sweet game =P~ . Heck the loading screen after dying lets me vent and take a breadth

That trials of Osiris armor is awesome, but I hate crucible...if the leaks are correct its only for hardcore people who win every match because the bounties are idiotic. You have to do like 24 kill streak with a scout rifle and if you die 3 times you have to get another ticket in the leak...redonk. I hope they have changed those requirements so that its actually fun and not only for elite laggers.

I couldnt sleep so I played regular crota a couple times last night just for fun. People still were f'n up but at least its not a wipe. Everyone that knows the crota raid is done with it at this point so there is only a couple people on each team that knows what to do and you have to teach everyone and half the time they wont listen. I tried one more time for a hard kill but the group was the worst ever. 2 or 3 people didnt even have tracking rockets and then once we finally got through one sword and crota was on the right this idiot is like "I'm going to nova bomb crota for lols". Guardian Down. Why are people like this??? I really dont mind teaching people stuff or playing with people that are new as long as you are trying. It just seems like the amount of random idiocy is off the charts the last couple of weeks.

I got a Multitool on my titan on the death singer and the fusion rifle from crota then from crota on my warlock I got the shotgun again so now I have 3 of those. I use that one a lot so thats cool. Multitool makes you so freaking fast on lamps...I have one on my hunter so I might keep the spare.

I went home at lunch to play a nightfall and was greeted with a 6+gb download. So thats going on and hopefully I can play after work.

I dont really care that there is not a new raid. In my experience anything that takes 6 people just means 3-4 people waiting on a couple of people to stop messing everything up so you can finish. 3 player is fine. I can get a group of people I actually enjoy playing with to do that most of the time. 

I think I got a friend request from someone here yesterday but I wasn't sure so let me know if that was a cag and not just some random.

Everyone I've played with from here is cool to play with so thanks to you all. 

Anyone elses snipers in there vault all have the same perks at the vangaurd LDR through bugie.net?

In fact, all the rolls on my legendary weps seem f'ed up.

Personally I am way more excited about a horde mode than I would have been about a new raid. For me the raids were fun for awhile when they first came out, but they got boring pretty quickly. I think horde mode will be fun for a lot longer if they do it right. It should also make the loot system a lot better as the quality of rewards should have a direct correlation to how well you and your team play. Of course I would have loved to get horde mode and a new raid, but I am ok without a raid for now.

Finally downloaded the patch, it added 16 more gun slots and im already down to just 2 open slots. But all 3 of my characters are a bit lighter, having 2-3 open slots in each primary, special, and heavy section. I do have to go through my guns and get rid of duplicates. I know i have like 5 iron banner shotguns, 2 hawkmoons, 2 last words. So there is room to be made. Thought it was cool they added the ability to wear your helmet in the tower. Also you can lock any gun or armor so you dont accidentally delete it just by hovering over the gun with the cursor and hitting R3.

I also saw a pic on bungie that looked like you would be able to upgrade VOG weapons to 365 or whatever the new high is going to be in the next DLC update. They showed the fatebringer, those bastards! So may want to hold onto some of those old 300 guns, like my Swarm! :D

I sharded my swarm, but I still have a zombie apocalypse.

1st nightfall I got the arachnid helm again...thats like the 3rd time.

I'm interested to see if the fixes in HM Crota make things less annoying.

FYI: The new patch introduces the amazing new mechanic "Crota is immune to fucking rockets after kneeling"!

Exciting features such as:

-Fireteam bewilderment

-Wasted Ammo

-Utter Horseshit

-Faith lost in development team

/rant

In all seriousness, I did 1x normal and 1x hard clear last night right after reset. Both went smooth as they ever could have. After the patch that dropped this afternoon, Crota's shield has a HUGE "immunity" after kneeling that lasts even beyond him standing completely up. Going to orbit does NOT fix this.

Way to one-two us, bungie....first the craptacular "reveal" for HoW, and now shit-tanking the raid boss mechanics.

I did get The Last Word from the NF tho....one of the last 3 exotics I needed.

From nightfall i got The Last Word, Prudence sniper, and 12 shards. I got a prudence sniper last week. -_-

I also noticed they added the little arc, solar, void emblem to the subclasses.

So jealous :drool: . I still haven't had the Hawkmoon, Gjallarhorn, or Monte Carlo drop for me between 3 characters. Let alone a good chunk of raid weapons. I swear whenever I try LFG or anything similar I seem join the most unprepared groups. Super frustrating to the nth degree.

I'm also one that's forced into the new DLC because I bought the LE prior to launch. Ugh. The Trials of Osiris sounds good but not if the lag issues remain persistent. Although it does seem to be hit or miss and also depends on what time you're playing. The horde mode sounds like a nice change up, but I'll reserve judgement until there's more info. Here's hoping there's matchmaking but I somewhat doubt that. Of course since it's probably based on skill I can see why it'd not be allowed and you'd want a good group to last as long as possible.

I do like the Crucible bounty changes with the shotgun, fusion, etc... Instead of getting a kill streak 10 times you just need 15 total kills. Soooooooo much easier and less time consuming.

I do like the Crucible bounty changes with the shotgun, fusion, etc... Instead of getting a kill streak 10 times you just need 15 total kills. Soooooooo much easier and less time consuming.
Also removes the complete ambiguity with some like Buckshot Bruiser/Dead Mans Hand etc, which were not straightforward on what to do.

Confirmed after another normal CE run that Crota's "invincibility" timeframe lasts through his orange shield every time (and then some). Have also repeatedly run into issues where he "shouldn't" have been damage immune, kills our swordbearer, and THEN immediately kneels. No more "hops" after kneel so far, but the trade-off isn't worth it in the least.

Bungie didn't fix shit.

I did death singer/ crota on hard and left before crota could be killed due to a lot of bugs and me needing sleep. He was killing the sword guy while invisible after the first down even though you couldn't see the guy and he was behind him crota turned around and sworded him 3 attempts in a row. Then crota was immune to sword hits despite being on his knees. I thought crota was always immune to rockets until the golden stuff was gone? We always count down and launch right before it blinks off. Everyone was doing everything perfectly and the game was just screwing it up every single time. That shizz is even more frustrating than lfgers...

2nd nightfall I got the dead orbit shotty with crap perks...who uses kneepads??? well besides crota

3rd nightfall I got my 4th hardlight. yay.

I cant believe I really thought they would fix the raid...

EDIT: SOOOO apparently all this time on PS3 the post kneel shield has never worked LOL...you guys were lucky for a long time! Those extra seconds probably made it much easier to get a kill.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

https://twitter.com/The7thNumber/status/588181106597462017
Told ya all you needed was for me to be away so you could get it :D/. I wasn't online, but did get the messages, came home to find my Bloodborne character 4 levels higher and 0 molotov cocktails due to a friend playing :whistle2:#

Congrats 7...hope you like it. I think its fun to use on the hunter with throwing knife...makes that killing hive with knife bounty take just a few minutes.

It shoots fast, but has no impact. Its awesome if you like to use your melee because with each kill it has a chance to refill your melee. Its probably just rare (isn't it playstation exclusive like hawkmoon?) is why you hear it spoken of with those other two. I think its most fun to use with the throwing knife because I don't like getting that close to enemies. It was one of my first exotics when I only had my hunter so I guess I was lucky.

Changes after new patch:
Ammo crates now have countdown timer, larger drop radius.
Eris bounties are all now 100p, fuckers why so late, I remember grinding my ass off to reach rank 4.
Crota bug is now fixed on PS3, no more damage him when his shield recharges, you have to wait 3s after he stands up, then you can take his shield down again, no more "3 downs each sword".
My weekly reset report so far:
NF 2x shits
VoG HM Atheon 2x + 2x full CE NM NOT A single piece of weapons, just shards and energies and 1 boots :(

I keep hearing about the monte carlo in the same sentence as hawkmoon and gllarhorn,, is it any good?
Not really. But it looks cool and I think it's one of the rarer exotics. It was the last exotic weapon I needed as well before it finally dropped.

Just missing 3 armors to pokemon all exotics.

Oh and Gjallarhorn #3 dropped last night :D

Yeah im playing control for the first time in months. Still laggy as hell. Now its worse for people who love shotguns/snipers/fusion rifles, because special ammo drops a lot less frequently than before. Seems like there are less special ammo crates too. I do like how there is a countdown timer though, at least i know how much longer before heavy ammo drops.

Upgraded New Monarchy to rank 13 today, got energy, as if i need more of that. I have 1,023 energy in the vault. I at least hope i can use this to upgrade VOG, or other legendary weapons to the new level when the HoW DLC drops. I have New Monarchy at rank 55 between 3 characters and no shader or ship.

I did my last weekly at lunch. Got a purple primary engram and it turned into a Suros...I lost count how many times I've gotten one of those.

Yeah im playing control for the first time in months. Still laggy as hell. Now its worse for people who love shotguns/snipers/fusion rifles, because special ammo drops a lot less frequently than before. Seems like there are less special ammo crates too. I do like how there is a countdown timer though, at least i know how much longer before heavy ammo drops.

Upgraded New Monarchy to rank 13 today, got energy, as if i need more of that. I have 1,023 energy in the vault. I at least hope i can use this to upgrade VOG, or other legendary weapons to the new level when the HoW DLC drops. I have New Monarchy at rank 55 between 3 characters and no shader or ship.
That's only if the new upgrade path uses ass mats. Hopefully they don't do anything really silly.

Changes after new patch: Ammo crates now have countdown timer, larger drop radius. Eris bounties are all now 100p, fuckers why so late, I remember grinding my ass off to reach rank 4. Crota bug is now fixed on PS3, no more damage him when his shield recharges, you have to wait 3s after he stands up, then you can take his shield down again, no more "3 downs each sword". My weekly reset report so far: NF 2x shits VoG HM Atheon 2x + 2x full CE NM NOT A single piece of weapons, just shards and energies and 1 boots :(
So for the entirety of the last 4 months, since the very first day Crota's End was available, the PS3 version has been "bugged" this whole time? And JUST the PS3 version?

Wow. fuck that, and a bag of chips.

FYI, not a case of "shooting the messenger" btw. I'm just astonished that Bungie is that fuck 'ing....just......shitty.

I should also like to add that his kneeling animations are the most inconsistent they've ever been, and I'm speaking for the ~10 or so people I raid regularly raid with. One in three "kneels", he doesn't, and with about the same frequency he's damage immune to our sword-bearer as well. I know CAG is the last place to use as a sounding board for complaints directed at Bungie, but still....

I mean right at the tail end of interest in the raid, where many people are more-or-less done with it (amongst folks I've been playing with)...they make it MORE tedious? And I feel fucking TERRIBLE that the way the raid is NOW on PS3, is how its supposedly ALWAYS BEEN for you guys on PS4 (and by extension, the Xbone/360 users as well).

Just.....ugh! :twoguns: :twoguns: :twoguns: :wall: :wall: :wall: :boxing: :boxing: :boxing: :headache: :headache: :headache: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :joystick: :joystick: :joystick: EMOTICONS

LOL why do you think I've been bitching for the last couple weeks so much. Not only is it tedious but its harder than ever to find a group for hard that is even competent enough to beat it in the rare chance the game doesn't decide to screw your perfect run one of 7 ways. 

I'm just going to go back to regular, and vault and live a happy life. If I get really bored I might pop into a hard crota run on lfg to try my luck but I'm not going to stress over it or waste much time. It either happens within a few runs or I'm done.

LOL why do you think I've been bitching for the last couple weeks so much. Not only is it tedious but its harder than ever to find a group for hard that is even competent enough to beat it in the rare chance the game doesn't decide to screw your perfect run one of 7 ways.

I'm just going to go back to regular, and vault and live a happy life. If I get really bored I might pop into a hard crota run on lfg to try my luck but I'm not going to stress over it or waste much time. It either happens within a few runs or I'm done.
I don't know how you can still do hard Crota, especially with a PUG, we have a regular group with an amazing sword bearer and we stopped doing it weeks ago. You must be the most patient man in the universe, or an O:)

Well technically the last two weeks I've had one completion I think out of about 6 tries. So I cant lol...I give it 30 mins to an hour if the group is actually trying. I leave after a few tries if they are doing dumb stuff or dying in the crystal room.

The saturday before last saturday I think I spent 6 hours or so trying to get a completion on hard with 2 or 3 different groups. I knew then it was over. I was not getting a crux. Time to move on.

I don't know how you can still do hard Crota, especially with a PUG, we have a regular group with an amazing sword bearer and we stopped doing it weeks ago. You must be the most patient man in the universe, or an O:)
Yup once everyone got their stuff we finally called it quits for our own sanity :joystick: and just went normal. I have 27 completions of Crota Hard and still find it an unbelievable number giving how glitchy it is

I only did it 18 times on hard so far. I only had 2 characters until recently...My warlock has one completion on hard poor guy IN 11 HOURS OF PLAY TIME.

FREEDOM!!!  The insanity is over... I should have a more normal work schedule now.

Which means I'll be back on Destiny (wasting time and not getting paid for it :dunce: ).

Left my consoles on this morning doing the updates so they'll be ready to go once I get home.  Now I get to see what everyone's bitc.... errr, critiquing. 

If anyone's still gotta do... anything, hit me up.  I've got everything to try and run thru.  PS4, PS3... don't matter to me :) .

Oh, and can't wait to check out the bigger vault.  Will finally kill off one of my guardians, so I can make my Exo Huntress guardian/warrior :cool:  :lol: .

Though I'm having second thoughts on axing my main

FREEDOM!!! The insanity is over... I should have a more normal work schedule now.

Which means I'll be back on Destiny (wasting time and not getting paid for it :dunce: ).

Left my consoles on this morning doing the updates so they'll be ready to go once I get home. Now I get to see what everyone's bitc.... errr, critiquing.

If anyone's still gotta do... anything, hit me up. I've got everything to try and run thru. PS4, PS3... don't matter to me :) .

Oh, and can't wait to check out the bigger vault. Will finally kill off one of my guardians, so I can make my Exo Huntress guardian/warrior :cool: :lol: .

Though I'm having second thoughts on axing my main
As you can probably surmise, normal CE has become a tad more tedious (at least on pS3, i suppose there's finally parity between your ps4/ps3 experience now) but I'll probably be running some friend's alts thru CE tonight/tomorrow.

I did one hard completion last night. Someone from my list invited me in saying he was taking a friend to do crota 3x real quick. I'm like cool I"m in. So like an hour later we had one completion and the group broke up about a half hour after that. This guy is a pro sword bearer and the group was doing everything right. Its totally down to the game just bugging out. The success of the run is completely down to luck.

Flawless, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyy :cool: .

Thanks for the invite porkchop.

Now I just need to play Salvage and make my huntress.

Also, pulled Hardlight and Hawkmoon from the gorgon chest.  That's my 3rd HM. Don't know how many HD's that is since I break them down (for lack of space and didn't like it)

Did they nerf the found verdict? Ive been shooting guys point blank all morning and i cant get one kill. They always have heath still, sometimes even after two close shots. I dont get it.

What type of mode is trials of osiris supposed to be? Id love to get some of that armor, it looks pretty damn awesome. But then again if its the lower light level then it wont even be relevant.

bread's done
Back