Devil May Cry HD Coll (PS3/X360) $15.99 Newegg

[quote name='z3razerviper']All joking aside which version performs better? I hate tearing.[/QUOTE]

Some people have complained about targeting using the 360's triggers, but other than that, they seem to be equal.

I had this in my cart with my free 2 day shoprunner shipping, but just couldn't pull the trigger.

I really like DMC, but I don't know if I want to go back and play them.

Have fun to those that grab this.

people ask this every thread.

There is no difference between the games except the trophies being individual for each game and the achievements being as one.

and controller preference

thats it

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Some people have complained about targeting using the 360's triggers, but other than that, they seem to be equal.[/QUOTE]

So wait, people are complaining about the 360's triggers for targeting, but not with the mushy, awful triggers on the PS3? (unless controls have been remapped to L1/R1 on PS3...).

[quote name='NuclearPorkchop']So wait, people are complaining about the 360's triggers for targeting, but not with the mushy, awful triggers on the PS3? (unless controls have been remapped to L1/R1 on PS3...).[/QUOTE]
Would have sworn that the targeting button in the DMC games was R1, in which case I can understand. It seems to me like the RB button doesn't register -holding- the button as well as the Dual Shock 3's R1 counterpart.

Just bought it and since I'm on the shop runner trial, I got 2 day free shipping...so paid 15.99 and that's all..thanx OP

[quote name='DaedalusIkari']Would have sworn that the targeting button in the DMC games was R1, in which case I can understand. It seems to me like the RB button doesn't register -holding- the button as well as the Dual Shock 3's R1 counterpart.[/QUOTE]

That's what I remembered from the PS2 versions, and I'm FAIRLY certain targeting in my copy of DMC4 on 360 used the bumpers & not the triggers.

Oh well, great deal. In for a 360 copy.

Thanks for the deal, just bought a copy for the ps3. I loved these for the ps2, although I never did get to the 3rd one. I'm happy I didn't buy it, saved some money. But for all the other collections it's not the same :/. I have every ratchet and clank, Jak & Daxter, and Sly game for the ps2. Time to buy them again in HD !

I will wait a bit more on this. Not really opposed to the price (it is well worth it for DMC3 alone), but cash is a little tight and would prefer to wait to get it somewhere I have credit.

I have each of these games on the PS2 and still have a sealed Collector's set for all three games. It was my favorite series last gen. I can't wait to replay these again. I imagine in the next month, I will be able to get it for a similar price almost anywhere.

I never played any DMC games, but I can wait on this until it's $10 at Gamefly or Black Friday or something. Too much coming out for $16 to be a backlog price.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']I never played any DMC games, but I can wait on this until it's $10 at Gamefly or Black Friday or something. Too much coming out for $16 to be a backlog price.[/QUOTE]

Same thought here. But have heard praises for the series.

[quote name='Indyjones']I'm tempted to bite on this, but have never played a DMC game before. What other games is this comparable to?[/QUOTE]

Onimusha, Bayonetta, God of War, Dante's Inferno...

It's basically a stylish action game with sword and gunplay. Some mild platforming and "puzzles" thrown in as well.

After seeing the trailer for the new DMC before that fucking piece of shit resident evil movie, I'm gonna pick it up. Pretty cheap and I've been wanting to play em.

Ordered the PS3 version, good price for these. I believe the 360 version maps the targeting to the bumpers instead of R3 or whatever. I figure its better to play it on a controller it was more designed for. I think other wise each port plays fine.

[quote name='DojimaDragon']well looks like the ps3 version is sold out. And just when i was about to order a copy.. :cry:[/QUOTE]

I also went to order one for PS3 to complete my collection but no luck. I guess I will wait since I wasn't gonna play it anytime soon anyway.

I ordered it on the PS3 last night. Woke up to an out-of-stock e-mail and cancelled order. However, that e-mail is like a raincheck. So if it does come back in-stock, I can order one at that price.

I thought about it and thought about it and slept on it and then caved. Never played a game in the series before so it's a little exciting.

[quote name='Crimson Mist']I also went to order one for PS3 to complete my collection but no luck. I guess I will wait since I wasn't gonna play it anytime soon anyway.[/QUOTE]
with these newegg deals i learned you snooze you lose. Make sure you go and buy the deal..but then again they are always recurring.

Hmm, was thinking about getting it for PS3 at this price but by the time I saw this thread yesterday it was OOS for PS3. :whistle2:( Oh well, it's probably for the best since I have the 5th Anniversary collection for PS2 so I guess there's not much difference other than trophies and slightly better graphics. Though from the last-gen "HD" collections I've played, the upscaled graphics have really been more of any eyesore to me than anything because they are just simply upscaled. It looks funky because the textures are generally smoother and crisper and some of the colors and shading are better; but really that just accentuates the crappiness of the base graphics. :p

The only reason I've even considered getting this one is because I still haven't played DMC2 or 3 and for the trophies. So might as well wait until it's even cheaper if I get it at all. :lol:

Ended up picking DMC for 360 along with ME1 and the Capcom Digital games. Loved the prices. My first time shopping from newegg.

I have DMC and DMC 3 SE for the PS2 and I read a review on Amazon that said the DMC HD Collection is not true HD, just upscaled for wide screens.

[quote name='Rodster']I have DMC and DMC 3 SE for the PS2 and I read a review on Amazon that said the DMC HD Collection is not true HD, just upscaled for wide screens.[/QUOTE]

Thats all of the classics I believe. Most people overlook it for the value, trophies, and the ability to play on the ps3 without a hassle.

[quote name='Rodster']I have DMC and DMC 3 SE for the PS2 and I read a review on Amazon that said the DMC HD Collection is not true HD, just upscaled for wide screens.[/QUOTE]

That's purely false. The game's aren't just upscaled for widescreen. A few textures have been cleaned up and the models themselves are in HD. And I've read a lot of reviews on Amazon.com, but never one that said that, so I'm not sure which one you're referring to. It's definitely 720p, which is what qualifies as HD for consoles.

It's not been remade, if that's what you're asking, though. But it's absolutely silly to expect a remake in what is labeled as an HD Collection.

I have yet to play an HD port/remake that was just upscaled to be HD/widescreen. They always clean the game up as much as possible without putting so much money into it it costs just as much as actually making a new game.

[quote name='GuardianE']That's purely false. The game's aren't just upscaled for widescreen. A few textures have been cleaned up and the models themselves are in HD. And I've read a lot of reviews on Amazon.com, but never one that said that, so I'm not sure which one you're referring to. It's definitely 720p, which is what qualifies as HD for consoles.

It's not been remade, if that's what you're asking, though. But it's absolutely silly to expect a remake in what is labeled as an HD Collection.[/QUOTE]
http://www.amazon.com/review/R2ODTK32K49UZE/ref=cm_cr_pr_viewpnt#R2ODTK32K49UZE

bread's done
Back