Devil May Cry HD Coll (PS3/X360) $15.99 Newegg

[quote name='caMOFOg']Hmm received my copy yesterday and it looks like the game was opened and resealed as the shrink wrap looks different wtf? Anyone else noticed this?[/QUOTE]

There's nothing to worry about, you've received a new copy. My DMC Collection was also shrink-wrapped. The wrapping depends on which plant they used to manufacture the discs.

The shrink wrap is normal. Capcom uses it from time to time with online retailers. I got Okamiden and a Phoenix Wright directly shipped from Amazon with that same crappy shrink wrap, games were of course brand new. So nothing to worry about...

Just got my copy in yesterday. After seeing posts of people's cases being crushed and discs being loose I was worried about mine but it came in with decent shrinkwrap, no loose disc, and the case appears to have no physical damage.

[quote name='Illmatic73']Thanks got a xbox copy for $5.99. Used a $10 off promo code. I'm happy. :D[/QUOTE]

Just curious...what promo code did you have/use?

[quote name='tonybonjovi']Just curious...what promo code did you have/use?[/QUOTE]

Its a 10 off code sent randomly by newegg. I believe the code is tied to only one account. I got one a couple days ago but used in on dynasty warriors 7 instead coz the ps3 version of dmc is oos. =(

[quote name='darrenaw9']Its a 10 off code sent randomly by newegg. I believe the code is tied to only one account. I got one a couple days ago but used in on dynasty warriors 7 instead coz the ps3 version of dmc is oos. =([/QUOTE]

So you can use the code multiple times?

[quote name='NoelVermillion']finally! It came today. Does newegg always take a week to deliver stuff or what?[/QUOTE]

When did you order it and when did they ship? Newegg does not control the post office. Don't blame them for something that they might have had nothing to do with.

[quote name='NoelVermillion']finally! It came today. Does newegg always take a week to deliver stuff or what?[/QUOTE]

For free shipping with smaller stuff - yes since they use UPS Mail Innovations.

[quote name='waldo21212']For free shipping with smaller stuff - yes since they use UPS Mail Innovations.[/QUOTE]

Odd because I usually get my stuff in 2-3 days here in NY and for some reason always get my stuff from their CA warehouse instead of the NJ 1 which is closer.

[quote name='mindatlarge']The shrink wrap is normal. Capcom uses it from time to time with online retailers. I got Okamiden and a Phoenix Wright directly shipped from Amazon with that same crappy shrink wrap, games were of course brand new. So nothing to worry about...[/QUOTE]

Hmm I noticed the copies from Best Buy and other places all have the same y fold shrink wrap but except neweggs also the game cover doesn't look as bright as the ones from the store. Anyone notice this?

[quote name='caMOFOg']Hmm I noticed the copies from Best Buy and other places all have the same y fold shrink wrap but except neweggs also the game cover doesn't look as bright as the ones from the store. Anyone notice this?[/QUOTE]

Newegg is selling counterfeit copies of the game....I mean seriously. The game is new, cheaper then we've ever seen it, and it is a legit copy. What is the point of talking about all this stuff???

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Newegg is selling counterfeit copies of the game....I mean seriously. The game is new, cheaper then we've ever seen it, and it is a legit copy. What is the point of talking about all this stuff???[/QUOTE]

Wow, calm down. The guy was just pointing out an observation and making conversation

[quote name='shadowkast']Wow, calm down. The guy was just pointing out an observation and making conversation[/QUOTE]

Not talking to him directly. The same comment has been said many times in this and other newegg threads. It's like people are worried newegg is ripping them off.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Not talking to him directly. The same comment has been said many times in this and other newegg threads. It's like people are worried newegg is ripping them off.[/QUOTE]

Lol so I'm not the only one who noticed

I dont think newegg is ripping anyone off, but for a new copy this thing is pretty crappy. The cover art is so wavy it looks like the thing was put into an oven or something. It may be how it was stored and/or shipped.

[quote name='shadowrage']My case is bent about 1/3 up. It looks like someone folded a card in half and put it back in the deck flat.[/QUOTE]

I like that comparison.

Does anyone know approximately how long NewEgg takes to ship? I'm moving Sunday and would have the order shipped to my new address, but I don't want it to arrive too quickly. Should I wait until Wednesday or Thursday just to be safe?

[quote name='wrencrest']I dont think newegg is ripping anyone off, but for a new copy this thing is pretty crappy. The cover art is so wavy it looks like the thing was put into an oven or something. It may be how it was stored and/or shipped.[/QUOTE]I've bought a few games like this before from different publishers (notably Ubisoft). It's not Newegg's fault.

[quote name='Thrinn']There's nothing to worry about, you've received a new copy. My DMC Collection was also shrink-wrapped. The wrapping depends on which plant they used to manufacture the discs.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I price matched my copy at Fry's today so that I could get a y-fold version.

[quote name='bruceg']Yeah, I price matched my copy at Fry's today so that I could get a y-fold version.[/QUOTE]

Just curious, but I assume the only reason to do this is if you are keeping the game sealed, correct?

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']Price matching it at Fry's as we speak.

Er... as I type, that is.[/QUOTE]

is Frys the only one that accepts online retailers?

[quote name='GUNNM']Stop debating and just buy it![/QUOTE]
It's hard not to when you have a giant backlog.

I am currently finished up Binary Domain/Borderlands 2 and still rocking through Dark Souls and on top of that i still need to finish the new transformers and Dishonered, AC3 and WWE 13 comes out this month. Yeah it's cheap but when you are playing through a bunch of games, have more games on the backlog and entering the most busiest season for AAA titles is it really worth spending it? I probably wouldn't get around to playing it till early 2013 if i am lucky and by then i could find it for $10. It's a great deal but when you say just buy it and don't debate, it's hard not to when your plate is full and you still have another 5 courses coming.

I was seriously checking out and showed enough restraint to back out of it. I'm combing through my backlog too and this isn't the price point I want for adding to it. I'll hold out for $10.

[quote name='styl3s']It's hard not to when you have a giant backlog.

I am currently finished up Binary Domain/Borderlands 2 and still rocking through Dark Souls and on top of that i still need to finish the new transformers and Dishonered, AC3 and WWE 13 comes out this month. Yeah it's cheap but when you are playing through a bunch of games, have more games on the backlog and entering the most busiest season for AAA titles is it really worth spending it? I probably wouldn't get around to playing it till early 2013 if i am lucky and by then i could find it for $10. It's a great deal but when you say just buy it and don't debate, it's hard not to when your plate is full and you still have another 5 courses coming.[/QUOTE]

Your not alone, sure there are others. I'm in the same boat, I just bought so many games from bestbuy DOTD and newegg recently (They were all $20 or less).....

[quote name='roedaniel19']Just curious, but I assume the only reason to do this is if you are keeping the game sealed, correct?[/QUOTE]

Personally, it's just a collecting tendency to get the y-fold version, if available (though in the case of Darksiders ps3 the original y-fold version had the shiny holographic cover, while the later shrinked version did not).

But yeah, if I end up opening and playing the game, I probably shouldn't even bother.

bread's done
Back