Devil May Cry HD Coll (PS3/X360) $15.99 Newegg

[quote name='kouleefoh']what resident evil hd is that person talking about?[/QUOTE]

I can only think of a few HD RE games.

1. REMake on the GC, if that is what he is basing it on then they're blind and should not be playing games anymore.
2. The other RE games on the GC, those were straight up ports to the GC, but they were never sold as remakes or HD ports.
3. This is likely what they are referring to. The ones on PSN/XBL. I have not played Code Veronica yet, but RE4 was taken from the Wii version, as such it's just an upscaled 480p game.

[quote name='kouleefoh']what resident evil hd is that person talking about?[/QUOTE]

Resident: Code Veronica X and RE4 for XBLA/PSN.

[quote name='GuardianE']Why would you choose to listen to the one poorly written overtly negative review on Amazon versus all of the other good reviews? The guy clearly doesn't know what he's talking about.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I can only think of a few HD RE games.

1. REMake on the GC, if that is what he is basing it on then they're blind and should not be playing games anymore.
2. The other RE games on the GC, those were straight up ports to the GC, but they were never sold as remakes or HD ports.
3. This is likely what they are referring to. The ones on PSN/XBL. I have not played Code Veronica yet, but RE4 was taken from the Wii version, as such it's just an upscaled 480p game.[/QUOTE]

I guess RE Chronicles HD on psn (Umbrella and Darkside chronicles) are just the wii versions upscaled as well. I've played all the Resident Evil games relased on the wii/gamecube, so buying them again doesn't seem worthwhile if they're just upscaled versions.

Just started playing my copy, alternating this collection with the Jak and Ratchet & Clank collections. Still fun, but it's jarring to see how much better the stylized graphics of Jak and R&C hold up compared to the more realistic look of DMC.

[quote name='roedaniel19']Just started playing my copy, alternating this collection with the Jak and Ratchet & Clank collections. Still fun, but it's jarring to see how much better the stylized graphics of Jak and R&C hold up compared to the more realistic look of DMC.[/QUOTE]

Usually cartoon like graphics age a LOT better than realistic graphics. You should look into the Sly collection as well. It looks really good on the PS3.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Usually cartoon like graphics age a LOT better than realistic graphics. You should look into the Sly collection as well. It looks really good on the PS3.[/QUOTE]

The Sly Collection was actually the first HD collection I've ever purchased. Caught it on sale at Amazon for $19.99 at the time and loved it.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Usually cartoon like graphics age a LOT better than realistic graphics. You should look into the Sly collection as well. It looks really good on the PS3.[/QUOTE]

The Sony 1st party HD collections (GOW, Sly, R&C, J&D, ect) seem to have had more time/effort put into them than the Ubisoft, Konami, or Capcom ones.

I agree though, the Sly HD collection should be how all HD ports are done (the cut scenes look like crap, but I don't expect them to go back and re-do those too).

[quote name='Yamato']How would it ruin the surprise any more than a mail man bringing the package to the door? its not like they shout "HEY WE GOT A DMC COLLECTION HEA, DMC COLLECTION!" when running up to the door. The UPS act like its a death race to drop off the package and get out of there anyway, I never notice them.[/QUOTE]
They always knock on my door and my lady will be home when it gets here so she'll know I bought something, thus ruining the surprise... derp. Only thing I ever buy online is gamez.

[quote name='Tonious']They always knock on my door and my lady will be home when it gets here so she'll know I bought something, thus ruining the surprise... derp. Only thing I ever buy online is gamez.[/QUOTE]

The surprise is the fact that you bought something rather than WHAT it is that you bought? Oh, okay then.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Hmmmm $10 is more my buy price, but is it worth $6 to take the chance.....[/QUOTE]

you get $16 trade in at best buy if you trade it in before the double trade in is over. so yes.

My GF purchased this for me on 360 off of gamefly with reward dollars for $14 total... it arrived looking like someone rubbed sandpaper all over it. Set up a return and went to purchase it from Newegg and now its on backorder. Arghhh :/

[quote name='Yamato']How would it ruin the surprise any more than a mail man bringing the package to the door? its not like they shout "HEY WE GOT A DMC COLLECTION HEA, DMC COLLECTION!" when running up to the door. The UPS act like its a death race to drop off the package and get out of there anyway, I never notice them.[/QUOTE]

u from jersey or somethign?? lol DMC COLLECTION HEAAAA

[quote name='wugenius']Haven't got my copy yet. Weird since they shipped it literally one city over from me. Love that mail innovations.[/QUOTE]
I hate mail innovation, when it transfers to your local post office, sometimes it stays there for 2-3 days.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']How can people make those claims when I see the actual evidence?

http://www.lensoftruth.com/devil-may-cry-hd-collection-screenshot-comparison/[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the dude that wrote that comment on Amazon is obviously either a complete idiot and/or just dissing the game because he has some legitimate beef with Capcom, such as their "in-game" dlc garbage and is just going to take it out any and everywhere he can. :booty:

However, you do have to be careful when reading that article from Lens of Truth because they keep referencing it as an "HD remake", which it obviously is not. It is an "HD upscale" just like every other HD collection of last-gen console games but certainly not just a "widescreen upscale" as that idiot on Amazon said. I mean seriously, wtf is a widescreen upscale...it's not an upscale at all it's just a simple optimization of the game's aspect ratio to properly fit the 16:9 format. And given that you can play all the DMC games in widescreen on your PS2 if you set it to a 16:9 aspect ratio (and turn on texture smoothing if you want, though you have to remember to turn that off when you play PS1 games), I don't think Capcom or any publisher would be dumb to assume people wouldn't notice that there would be NO graphical difference from the original games. :wall:

And it's like I was saying before, from my experience with the HD upscaled games I've played on PS3, you can definitely tell that textures have been smoothed, colors and shading have been made to look more realistic and "filled in" with the higher resolution, along with some other nice touches. Unfortunately, you're still going to see elements of the original graphics since nothing has been changed at the core graphics programming level, which would be quite a bit more expensive. So basically none of these games are going to look anywhere near the quality of most current-gen games that were originally designed for HD resolutions and take full advantage of that because these games weren't. But it's not too expensive to upscale games developed from 480i/480p resolutions to 720p and see a decent increase in the visual aesthetics. It's really give and take; but overall if you haven't played the original series or have played it but don't own and are interested in playing it again, then you're getting a pretty good deal on most of the HD collections. :)

Got my copy today and it's is not really new.......it was re sealed, I've read about other people receiving re sealed games from newegg And now it happened too me :(

[quote name='Perromalvado']Got my copy today and it's is not really new.......it was re sealed, I've read about other people receiving re sealed games from newegg And now it happened too me :([/QUOTE]

How does the disc look?

[quote name='aaronrodgers']How does the disc look?[/QUOTE]

Game looks new and so does the manual, perhaps they are new and capcom uses crappy shrink wrap sometimes................

Just wanted to say that I got my copy for PS3 yesterday. I was a big fan of DMC 3 back when it came out, and was hoping this collection did a good enough job to make me want to play it again.

I saw reviews that said it was barely an HD collection and that the cutscenes (one of the best parts of the game) were the same as the original, untouched. Basically, I heard some bad things about how it turned out.

While it isn't as good-looking as other HD collections, it is still pretty decent. As far as the cutscenes go, it seems that the title screen/opening video and the first cutscene are untouched, but the rest of the cutscenes so far have been updated to HD.

Game looks pretty good, could be better, but definitely warrants a purchase if you were a fan of the old DMC games. I might even give DMC 2 a try. Maybe.

[quote name='blueweltall']Your game is new, Capcom games seem to use that style of shrink wrapping.[/QUOTE]

That's a relief. I bought it from BestSKU and it had the same style wrapping instead of the Y-Fold style, was worried a bit.

[quote name='Perromalvado']Got my copy today and it's is not really new.......it was re sealed, I've read about other people receiving re sealed games from newegg And now it happened too me :([/QUOTE]

Same here, hopefully it's actually new and they just used the shitty sealing since it's Newegg.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Same here, hopefully it's actually new and they just used the shitty sealing since it's Newegg.[/QUOTE]

My copy from Amazon came like this also. I was thinking it wasn't new but the copies come like this now. I've seen copies with the Y fold but they were release copies.

[quote name='Bumslie']My copy from Amazon came like this also. I was thinking it wasn't new but the copies come like this now. I've seen copies with the Y fold but they were release copies.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, plus with what blueweltall said (I saw that post after I already posted). I think it's just because these are online only retailers so they figure they can just use the cheap stuff.

Got mine today and the disc was loose. The last time I ordered a game from Newegg, the disc was loose. What gives?

Got my copy today and the case is crushed on the top! Bleh!
F22AD0F8-888B-42C8-A831-90C753534AEF-2774-0000024DFDF83500_zps554212cd.jpg

Got my game yesterday. Mine hadthe Y fold.

Started playing DMC 1 again, I forgot how much more exploration this one focused on compared to the other games. Love that music when you first enter the castle.

Looks better than what they did to code veronica and resident evil 4 hd. Except for the menus and cut scenes which they sadly left the same full screen ratio and no hd touch up.

[quote name='thegame85']Got my copy today and the case is crushed on the top! Bleh!
F22AD0F8-888B-42C8-A831-90C753534AEF-2774-0000024DFDF83500_zps554212cd.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I've ordered a few games from New Egg in the past...and EVERYONE of them have come damaged in one way or another...Darksiders 1 had to be the best...the case AND disc was actually bent!
They replaced them each time...with a "perfect one", no questions asked, didn't even have to return the damaged one. However...this only leads me to believe this is common for them...not the post office's fault...will never order from them again

[quote name='tonybonjovi']I've ordered a few games from New Egg in the past...and EVERYONE of them have come damaged in one way or another...Darksiders 1 had to be the best...the case AND disc was actually bent!
They replaced them each time...with a "perfect one", no questions asked, didn't even have to return the damaged one. However...this only leads me to believe this is common for them...not the post office's fault...will never order from them again[/QUOTE]

I have the same problem, my case is crushed. Never had this problem with newegg until the last few months. White Knight 2, Xbox Arcade Triple Pack, Somic Generations and now dmc collection... Don't think I'm going to order from newegg anymore.

They sent my copy in a box big enough to fit..well idk, almost big enough to fit a console. It was filled with tons of brown paper. Does newegg usually ship games in large packaging or what?

They do have good sales...but it sucks to have to wait for the game to arrive, only to find it destroyed, and wait for a replacement.
And I'm sorry..not to totally rag on them...but they must deliberately send out the smashed case in hopes your not going to complain...because the replacement is always perfect...so the fault is not with the shipping.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']I have the same problem, my case is crushed. Never had this problem with newegg until the last few months. White Knight 2, Xbox Arcade Triple Pack, Somic Generations and now dmc collection... Don't think I'm going to order from newegg anymore.[/QUOTE]

I got the same crushed case with dmc, yet my other game was fine. Yeah, this must be a problem on newegg's end (I thought it had been damaged during shipping). Looks like the xbox version sold by newegg is oos now.

I used shoprunner so this may be why, but newegg sent my copy in a giant box 10 times bigger than the game itself so it was well protected.

Hmm received my copy yesterday and it looks like the game was opened and resealed as the shrink wrap looks different wtf? Anyone else noticed this?

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I used shoprunner so this may be why, but newegg sent my copy in a giant box 10 times bigger than the game itself so it was well protected.[/QUOTE]

I used ShopRunner too, but still got the standard bubble envelope. I haven't cracked into the shrink wrap yet, but all looks well on my 360 copy.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I used shoprunner so this may be why, but newegg sent my copy in a giant box 10 times bigger than the game itself so it was well protected.[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me.

bread's done
Back