Disc To Digital Forum - Your D2D Needs Serviced Here! Bluray and DVD UV

Yes, I had these cases in mind. Where people do each other a solid and make no profit. I am pretty sure it goes against the terms and conditions. Do I care? Not really, but I do not want CAG to get in trouble. Heck selling UV copies which have not been released yet, even if you have them, is not allowed on these forums therefore it makes me think CAG does not want to receive any unpleasant cease and desist letters from the studios.
I have seen another thread for selling and trading UV codes that were selling UV copies of Gravity weeks before its release date, hopefully someone is paying attention to that then if it's not allowed.

Was going to ask, is it even possible to have someone log into your account, load up 10 titles into your shopping cart, sign-out of said account, and then have the owner of the account sign back in to make the purchase? Basically what I'm asking is will the titles still be there for purchase after having signed in on a different computer/network?
The titles will still be available to you after someone else puts them there for you, I advise changing your login info as soon as you get back in if you do so.

If Vudu really didn't want these "illegal" transactions occurring, why would they make an in home Vudu app that allows anyone and everyone to do exactly what we are talking about here in this thread. Just need some clarification on a few gray areas in terms of legal issues. 

So people here are suggesting of converting their physical movies into the digital format and then selling them to other UV users? Wouldn't that be either illegal or against the terms and conditions?
Keep in mind that this thread is mainly for discussion and not sale purposes, that must be done outside of CAG and will not be allowed in this forum. Anyone can discuss their movies and experiences but cannot make a sale through this thread. At least until we know more from "umbry," who supposedly works for Vudu.

Last edited by a moderator:
Keep in mind that this thread is mainly for discussion and not sale purposes, that must be done outside of CAG and will not be allowed in this forum. Anyone can discuss their movies and experiences but cannot make a sale through this thread. At least until we know more from "umbry," who supposedly works for Vudu.
Basically, if you do decide to do a transaction, DO NOT leave feedback for each other through the site. They will have to go "unoticed" until we find out more details on the legal side of things. Don't want CAG.com getting in any kind of trouble for our dumb mistakes, ya know?

Basically, if you do decide to do a transaction, DO NOT leave feedback for each other through the site. They will have to go "unoticed" until we find out more details on the legal side of things. Don't want CAG.com getting in any kind of trouble for our dumb mistakes, ya know?
glad we can all be on the same page with this, now we can get back to learning about and discussing D2D related topics and be sure that no one gets in trouble. Just be sure to heed our warnings, because its on you if you choose not to listen and act differently than what we have advised.

This comes directly from Vudu's terms of service regarding "In home disc to digital from Vudu."

Terms and Conditions
This Promotion is available from May 29, 2013 through June 30, 2014 (the "Promotion Period"). If you create a VUDU account during the Promotion Period or you have an existing account as of the start of the Promotion Period, VUDU will issue you a two dollar ($2.00 USD) credit, which will be automatically applied; however, the credit is only good towards your next conversion of a DVD or Blu-ray disc (each a "disc") via VUDU's In-Home Disc to Digital service. You are limited to one two-dollar ($2.00 USD) credit per user account during the Promotion Period. This credit will expire automatically ninety (90) days from the date on which VUDU issued the credit to you. Additionally, during the Promotion Period, if you convert ten (10) or more discs via VUDU's In-home Disc to Digital service in a single transaction (that is, you add ten (10) or more discs to your cart and check-out), you will receive a fifty percent (50%) discount off the pre-tax subtotal conversion fees for that transaction. These promotional discounts (collectively, the "Promotion") may not be combined with other promotions or offers from VUDU or Walmart or its affiliates. VUDU may declare this Promotion to be void where prohibited or restricted by applicable law. Eligibility for this Promotion, conversion of DVDs or Blu-ray discs, and use of the In-Home Disc to Digital service are subject to VUDU's Terms of Service. This Promotion expires automatically by its own terms by Midnight PST on the last day of the Promotion Period.

This comes directly from Vudu's terms of service regarding "In home disc to digital from Vudu."

Terms and Conditions
This Promotion is available from May 29, 2013 through June 30, 2014 (the "Promotion Period"). If you create a VUDU account during the Promotion Period or you have an existing account as of the start of the Promotion Period, VUDU will issue you a two dollar ($2.00 USD) credit, which will be automatically applied; however, the credit is only good towards your next conversion of a DVD or Blu-ray disc (each a "disc") via VUDU's In-Home Disc to Digital service. You are limited to one two-dollar ($2.00 USD) credit per user account during the Promotion Period. This credit will expire automatically ninety (90) days from the date on which VUDU issued the credit to you. Additionally, during the Promotion Period, if you convert ten (10) or more discs via VUDU's In-home Disc to Digital service in a single transaction (that is, you add ten (10) or more discs to your cart and check-out), you will receive a fifty percent (50%) discount off the pre-tax subtotal conversion fees for that transaction. These promotional discounts (collectively, the "Promotion") may not be combined with other promotions or offers from VUDU or Walmart or its affiliates. VUDU may declare this Promotion to be void where prohibited or restricted by applicable law. Eligibility for this Promotion, conversion of DVDs or Blu-ray discs, and use of the In-Home Disc to Digital service are subject to VUDU's Terms of Service. This Promotion expires automatically by its own terms by Midnight PST on the last day of the Promotion Period.
Further detailing the terms of service:

You understand and agree that the Content is licensed by VUDU from Content Providers. Copyrights in the Content are owned by the Content Providers and protected by the copyright laws of the United States, as well as other intellectual property laws and treaties. Except as expressly provided herein, no right, title or interest in the Content is transferred to you. All Content is licensed, not sold, transferred or assigned to you. You have a limited right in the Content for personal, non-commercial use only on VUDU Devices. You may not edit, modify, copy, distribute, transmit, download, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, translate, create derivative works from, transfer, alter, adapt, sell, rent, lease or sublicense any Content, or facilitate any of the foregoing. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you may not (i) show any Content to any public audience or view it in a public location; (ii) duplicate, reproduce, transfer, record or create copies of Content or any portion thereof (including, without limitation, by “burning,” P2P file-sharing, posting, uploading or downloading) onto any physical medium, memory or device, including without limitation, CDs, DVDs, VCDs, portable media devices, computers or other hardware or any other medium now known or hereinafter devised. You may not attempt to circumvent, avoid, bypass, remove, deactivate, impair or otherwise defeat any encryption, rights signaling or copy protection technology in which the Content is wrapped or otherwise associated. You may not decompile, copy, reproduce, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise reduce the computer file in which the Content is stored to a human- readable format. Any unauthorized copying or other activities that infringe upon the intellectual property rights of the Content Providers/owners of the Content is prohibited, and you expressly agree to the automatic termination of the VUDU Service if you engage in any infringing activities. Upon any such termination, the Content will be deleted from your VUDU Device(s).

Except as specifically granted herein, all rights to the Content are reserved by the owner of such Content.

Hi would any one of you guys in the USA help me redeem a few codes
Basically I would like someone to log in to a flixter account I've made. They are USA codes
And I carnt get around the flixter region restrictions as I'm logging on from the uk
Thank you

A free iTunes world z code in it for the help

Google plus has a community d2d just tried it.

They have users who are offering the service and they all charge .50 per movie minimum 10 movies. Plus your 1$ conversion fee with vudu.

1. You join d2d
2. Look for some one that post "I'm doing d2d send me a hang out"
3. Send them a hang out
4. They send you a link to their movie list
5. Pick movies
6. Change your vudu password
7.give them your info (ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh)
8.they load the movies (quick)
9.they say I'm done would you like me to check out (yes)
10.received email of purchase
11.they give u their email for payment
12. Check your vudu
13. Pay
14. Say thank you and change back your password

But of course you have to own the movie to do this method
Alot of people don't have a bluray player or dvd on their pc

Hi would any one of you guys in the USA help me redeem a few codes
Basically I would like someone to log in to a flixter account I've made. They are USA codes
And I carnt get around the flixter region restrictions as I'm logging on from the uk
Thank you

A free iTunes world z code in it for the help
I would be glad to help, PM me

Google plus has a community d2d just tried it.

They have users who are offering the service and they all charge .50 per movie minimum 10 movies. Plus your 1$ conversion fee with vudu.

1. You join d2d
2. Look for some one that post "I'm doing d2d send me a hang out"
3. Send them a hang out
4. They send you a link to their movie list
5. Pick movies
6. Change your vudu password
7.give them your info (ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh)
8.they load the movies (quick)
9.they say I'm done would you like me to check out (yes)
10.received email of purchase
11.they give u their email for payment
12. Check your vudu
13. Pay
14. Say thank you and change back your password

But of course you have to own the movie to do this method
Alot of people don't have a bluray player or dvd on their pc
I have participated as a buyer in these google+ threads and have had a rather positive experience overall, and found everyone to be trustworthy and very kind. If only I had all of these movies myself, I wouldn't have to pay for them to do all of the labor for me, just do it myself for free!

I'm willing to help out like I said before but all I have at the moment are DVDs. I do indeed have a ROM drive that I can load every disc I own into. Currently working on a definitive list and it's taking some time. When you have a 500+ collection, it can get a bit time consuming. None the less, I will have this list soon for anyone who wouldn't mind paying a little more for the DVD conversion to HDX

EDIT: The list will contain ONLY the titles that are able to be converted through the program. That way it'll help reduce confusion for someone looking over the list. Do understand that you can get the SD conversion from DVD for $2 instead of the $5 HDX conversion. Also, keep in mind of the 50% discount after 10 titles so if done that way, it breaks down to $1 SD from DVD and $2.50 HDX from DVD. That's still not bad not matter which way you slice it

I'm willing to help out like I said before but all I have at the moment are DVDs. I do indeed have a ROM drive that I can load every disc I own into. Currently working on a definitive list and it's taking some time. When you have a 500+ collection, it can get a bit time consuming. None the less, I will have this list soon for anyone who wouldn't mind paying a little more for the DVD conversion to HDX
Go ahead and post your list as soon as you get it all sorted, good luck!

Go ahead and post your list as soon as you get it all sorted, good luck!
No worries. Should have it up here (or at least a good half) by Thursday. Work all day tomorrow but should be able to get some done before and after, as well as before work on Thursday too

[....to be continued....]

My [DVD] Conversion List (aka "The List")
:dvd: A League of Their Own [HDX]

:dvd: Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls [HDX]

:dvd: Angles & Demons [HDX]

:dvd: Along Came Polly [HDX]

:dvd: American Pie [HDX]

:dvd: American Pie 2 [HDX]

:dvd: The Animal [HDX]

:dvd: Bad Boys [HDX]
:dvd: Bad Boys 2 [HDX]

:dvd: Bad News Bears (2005) [HDX] 

:dvd: Back to the Future [HDX]

:dvd: Big Fish [HDX]
:dvd: Blade [HDX]
:dvd: The Boondock Saints [HDX]
:dvd: Braveheart [HDX]

:dvd: Cheaper By the Dozen [HDX]
:dvd: National Lampoon's: Christmas Vacation [HDX]
:dvd: Days of Thunder [HDX]
:dvd: Double Dragon [SD ONLY]

:dvd: Dude, Where's My Car [HDX]

:dvd: Adam Sandler's: Eight Crazy Nights [HDX]

:dvd: Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas (Special Edition) [HDX]

:dvd: Ferris Bueller's Day Off [HDX]

:dvd: 50 First Dates [HDX]
:dvd: Final Destination [HDX]

:dvd: Ghostbusters [HDX]

:dvd: Ghostbusters II [HDX]
:dvd: Goodfellas [HDX]

:dvd: Guess Who [HDX]

:dvd: Hardball [HDX]
:dvd: Harry Potter & The Chamber of Secrets [HDX]
:dvd: Harry Potter & The Prisoner of Azkaban [HDX]
:dvd: Harry Potter & The Goblet of Fire [HDX]
:dvd: Inception [HDX]
:dvd: Legion [HDX]
:dvd: The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (Extended Version) [HDX]

:dvd: Jerry Maguire [HDX]

:dvd: Juno [HDX]

:dvd: Labyrinth [HDX]
:dvd: The Matrix [HDX]
:dvd: Men in Black 2 [HDX]

:dvd: Mr. Deeds [HDX]
:dvd: The Mummy [HDX]
:dvd: The Mummy Returns [HDX]

:dvd: My Cousin Vinny [HDX]
:dvd: A Nightmare on Elm Street [HDX]
:dvd: A Nightmare on Elm Street 2: Freddy's Revenge [HDX]
:dvd: A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors [HDX]
:dvd: A Nightmare on Elm Street 4: The Dream Master [HDX]
:dvd: A Nightmare on Elm Street 5: The Dream Child [HDX]
:dvd: A Nightmare on Elm Street 6: Freddy's Dead - The Final Nightmare [HDX]
:dvd: A Nightmare on Elm Street 7: Wes Craven's New Nightmare [HDX]
:dvd: The Number 23 [HDX]
:dvd: Ocean's Eleven [HDX]
:dvd: Once Upon A Time in Mexico [HDX]
:dvd: The Patriot [HDX]
:dvd: Public Enemies [HDX]

:dvd: Rat Race [HDX]

:dvd: Robin Hood: Men in Tights [HDX]
:dvd: Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves [SD ONLY]

:dvd: The Rocky Horror Picture Show [HDX]

:dvd: Role Models [HDX]

:dvd: Saving Silverman [HDX]
:dvd: Spider-Man [HDX]
:dvd: Spider-Man 2 [HDX]
:dvd: The Sum of All Fears [HDX]

:dvd: Superbad (Unrated) [HDX]
:dvd: Underworld [HDX]

:dvd: Walk the Line [HDX]
:dvd: Waterworld [HDX]

:dvd: The Whole Nine Yards [HDX]
:dvd: X-Men [HDX]
:dvd: X2: X-Men United [HDX]
:dvd: X3: X-Men - The Last Stand [HDX]
:dvd: Zombieland [HDX]

Added 9 new titles to the list:

:dvd: Bad Boys

:dvd: Bad Boys 2

:dvd: Blade

:dvd: The Boondock Saints

:dvd: Braveheart

:dvd: Days of Thunder

:dvd: Double Dragon [SD ONLY]

:dvd: Final Destination 

:dvd: Goodfellas

Took -grpcop214 on the offer of adding as first to reply all done nicely and thank you very much :)
Thank you again for the orchestratedhtz for offering.

I still want someone to try adding a d2 digital to my account by logging in n checking out. Once in there I'm going to detach from the flixter and vudu account associated with that locker an merge it with my Main account.
This is to see what happens to the disc to digital film
Hopefully it will be all good and play like my Outher ultraviolet films but Outher scenarios could be:
Be lost as soon as detached from vudu
Won't transfer at all and be lost when merged with main account
Show up but won't play : A because I'm not accessing from correct region B becouse it will recognise D2D is not available in uk
And Outher factors I haven't thought of yet

Took -grpcop214 on the offer of adding as first to reply all done nicely and thank you very much :)

I still want someone to try adding a d2 digital to my account by logging in n checking out. Once in there I'm going to detach from the flixter and vudu account associated with that locker an merge it with my Main account.
Hopefully it will be all good and play like my Outher ultraviolet films but Outher scenarios could be:
Show up but won't play : A because I'm not accessing from correct region B becouse it will recognise D2D is not available in uk
Interested to see how this one pans out, unsure of what the regional restrictions are and what effect they may have.

If you can get it to still let you keep the titles after checkout, even though D2D is not offered in the U.K., you should be fine. The only issue you might come across is the title not showing up due to it not being offered by that specific company. For example, the FREE copy of Office Space [SD] that I received from Target Ticket for signing up does not show up in Flixster. All 9 others from the FREE 10 SD titles after signing up do though. Flixster even notifies me of it not being compatible at the bottom of "My Movies" list.

When I made a account vi USA proxi it put a free film in my locker I'm not expecting it to transfer once I merge it with my uk account.
We get nothing on sign up in uk!
It would be good to have a thred dedicated to region restriction. As it's not straight forward

For Intstnstance I redeemed anchor man wouldn't play on iPad app but plays fine and bypasses restrictions on my roku 2XS
But free birds won't play on my roku but plays fine on the iPad
Underworld trilogy plays fine on both roku and iPad and Is not available in the uk at all

All above were USA codes

When I made a account vi USA proxi it put a free film in my locker I'm not expecting it to transfer once I merge it with my uk account.
We get nothing on sign up in uk!
It would be good to have a thred dedicated to region restriction. As it's not straight forward

For Intstnstance I redeemed anchor man wouldn't play on iPad app but plays fine and bypasses restrictions on my roku 2XS
But free birds won't play on my roku but plays fine on the iPad
Underworld trilogy plays fine on both roku and iPad and Is not available in the uk at all

All above were USA codes
I wonder why everything works fine on your Roku? And it's extremely weird one won't work when the others do...

It dosent say that free birds is restricted on roku just dosent play but then some uk titles don't ither
Sherlock 1&2 don't play uk code on roku
Neither dose Eddie Izard live
Jhon bishop live
Rock of ages
Hot fuzz and at worlds end.
You just get a message saying Can not play please try again later and continues doing so and never loads up
Free birds is the only USA title to do this so far
I've registered 91 codes only around 20 are uk codes

I don't think the roku flixter program can recognise different regions at least for now I can only say that about roku 2xl but assume it's the same program
:)

Added the following to "The List":

:dvd: Legion

:dvd: The Matrix

:dvd: The Mummy

:dvd: The Mummy Returns

:dvd: A Nightmare on Elm Street

:dvd: A Nightmare on Elm Street 2: Freddy's Revenge

:dvd: A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors

:dvd: A Nightmare on Elm Street 4: The Dream Master

Still going through my first case of discs and only about half way so there should be a lot more to come. This is my Action/Suspense/Horror book so that'll give you an idea of what is in this one. Next book is Comedy/Drama and then I have a TV/Cartoons/Anime book as well so all of you people interested probably look like this --> :whee: right about now, haha....

17 more titles added:

:dvd: A Nightmare on Elm Street 5: The Dream Child [HDX]

:dvd: A Nightmare on Elm Street: Freddy's Dead - The Final Nightmare [HDX]

:dvd: Wes Craven's: New Nightmare [HDX]

:dvd: The Number 23 [HDX]

:dvd: Ocean's Eleven [HDX]

:dvd: Once Upon A Time in Mexico [HDX]

:dvd: The Patriot [HDX]

:dvd: Public Enemies [HDX]

:dvd: Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves [SD ONLY]

:dvd: Spider-Man [HDX]

:dvd: Spider-Man 2 [HDX]

:dvd: The Sum of All Fears [HDX]

:dvd: Underworld [HDX]

:dvd: Waterworld [HDX]

:dvd: X-Men [HDX]

:dvd: X2: X-Men United [HDX]

:dvd: X3: X-Men - The Last Stand [HDX]

Anyone who is keeping up, that is ALL of the original Freddy flix. I don't consider Freddy vs. Jason as part of the bunch. Sort of like considering The Karate Kid 4 (Hillary Swank) as part of the original trilogy, it just doesn't fit....

None the less, I'm almost done with the first book and will be moving on to the 2nd. Laptop screen finally crapped out on me yesterday (it's an HP with the "black screen of death" issue) but found a quick solution and now I have a 36" TV screen for my monitor  :D/

Some cool stuff
I checked out my first 10 films this morning using vudu credit
Only thing is out of the 10 films
Only Lord of the rings. Trilogy went over to my flixter account where I can watch vi roku
The Outher 7 titles are in my vudu account don't seem to be showing up in the digital locker
Any ideas why?

Flixster can be a fickled bitch. I have a one title that doesn't show up in Flixster no matter what and it is a copy of Office Space from the Target Ticket sign-up bonus. VUDU recognizes it fine but Flixster doesn't have it in their system, I'm guessing. With that being said, I believe that might be part of the issue for you. Check to see if those titles exist on the UK site and then go from there. You could always contact Flixster and give them some sob story about your titles not being transferred, even though they are listed under their available titles.

One thing I found out that I would like to point out to everyone is the Target Ticket sign-up bonus movies. They let you choose 10 titles from a list of about 25-30 movies and they add them to your UV cloud for FREE. It clearly states in their FAQ section that ALL titles offered are in SD format ONLY. Well, this was the case at first until I did a little investigating for myself. When loading up VUDU yesterday, I decided to watch Prometheus, the supposed prequel to Alien and a very good movie all around (in my own opinion.) None the less, after viewing the movies, I decided to go back and watch Alien again to see the connection. Then to my amazement, when selecting the movie I noticed it said "Play in HDX." I thought that couldn't be right so I viewed the movie (has HDX status bar and everything) and it is indeed in HDX. Checked the other 9 titles and they are indeed in HDX as well. I know they were't like this in the beginning because I had watched Fern Gully: The Last Rainforest and it was definitely in gritty-ass VHS quality. After noticing Alien, I played Fern Gully and was in HDX, like the others.

So basically to end my rant, you can sign up for Target Ticket, get your FREE 10 (SD ONLY) titles, sign up for VUDU (if you already haven't), and when they're added to your library, they become HDX titles. Weird but awesome.

Cheers  :beer:

All but one has transferred over now just took a few hours strange
Only prob now is flixter playing up on roku not loading my films possibly temporary just hope it's not blocked me in some way
For adding d2d probably a coincidence

Question about vudu credit

So far I have redeemed 4x. €4.99

-VPZPJC9ZUCU?..
VTFXJC7ZAQH5?.....
VDSPJCWXKLT?....
VESCSB7ZUCT3?...

But I understand there is a limit how dose this work

Question about vudu credit

So far I have redeemed 4x. €4.99

-VPZPJC9ZUCU?..
VTFXJC7ZAQH5?.....
VDSPJCWXKLT?....
VESCSB7ZUCT3?...

But I understand there is a limit how dose this work
I'd like to know too because I am at my "limit" for the Kleenex & Walmart, VUDU credit promo. So I just put 2 more on my other account so I can gift my main account

Added a few more to the list today:

:dvd: Angles & Demons [HDX]

:dvd: Along Came Polly [HDX]

:dvd: American Pie [HDX]

:dvd: American Pie 2 [HDX]

:dvd: The Animal [HDX]

:dvd: Back to the Future [HDX]

:dvd: Robin Hood: Men in Tights [HDX]

:dvd: Superbad (Unrated) [HDX]

Another bunch added to the list:

Bad News Bears (2005) [HDX]

Big Fish [HDX]

Cheaper By the Dozen [HDX]

Dude, Where's My Car [HDX]

Adam Sandler's: Eight Crazy Nights [HDx]

Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas (Special Edition) [HDX]

Ferris Bueller's Day Off [HDX]

50 First Dates [HDX]

Ghostbusters [HDX]

Ghostbusters II [HDX]

Guess Who [HDX]

Hardball [HDX]

Jerry Maguire [HDX]

Juno [HDX]

Labyrinth [HDX]

Sort of like considering The Karate Kid 4 (Hillary Swank) as part of the original trilogy, it just doesn't fit....
I liked that movie... Unfortunately, my computer doesn't seem to recognize my copy for D2D.

Going through my collection, since apparently I'm getting a 50% off discount. So $1 per disk is a pretty sweet deal.

The Google page was taken down because supposedly vudu shut down someone's account from the page
Exactly why transactions do not need to be known to the public. We're still trying to figure out all the grey area so tread lightly. Definitely don't want members of this site getting in trouble because then it just draws attention back here

Are we still going to do this d2d
My list is up and still being updated (more to be added later today.) Anyone is free to PM me to discuss the situation from there. I do remind you these are DVD to HDX conversions so they are $2.50 a piece (10 or more have to be purchased at the same time.)

Otherwise, someone else may be able to provide BD conversions but I can not at the moment.

So....

"The List" is complete, for now. I'm surprised there wasn't more movies that would convert but I never was the one to buy the more expensive versions of the movies. I just wanted to the title itself

But I digress

Enjoy!

If anyone is interested, send me a pm for my list, have 3100+ eligible titles for D2D with about 90% Bluray.

bread's done
Back