Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread

I just ordered and picked up a crystal mcqueen as well do it seems they got a new shipment.just check the online pick up at store option, worked for me.

How long does walmary egiftcard take to arrive?

I'm thinking: buy from .com use $40 credit is 35 oop. Use $15 egc for a set.

Pm other set and both packs at bby use $20 credit is $30 oop.

So ab $65

I really want to get this but im trying so hard to resist the urge and my ocdness to own it all. What if the starter set goes on sale for less than $60 with the current Toys R Us coupon.

What if!?!?!?!

Well, the power disc scratchers have reached my local Toys R Us. I know this because I took my daughter this afternoon to pick up some discs and encountered an unholy excuse for a woman combing through every package by hand. This heffer-wretch was camped in front of the shelf, feeling and rubbing all over EVERY SINGLE pack. When she found something she liked, she tossed it into her cart. The rest got pitched on to the bottom shelf. I stood there, with my kid, staring at her until she moved. I'm pretty sure she went right back to it after my daughter picked out a few packs for herself in civilized fashion.

It's quite deflating to think that the excitement of finding something rare is tempered by these package scratchers.

But... I was pleased to see that my daughter really didn't care. She got a few duplicates and was quite happy with having two Rapunzels instead of one. I told her we could separate out the duplicates and maybe trade them for others, but she wasn't having that. She wanted what she got. And as long as she's happy, I'm not so bitter about the package-scratching beast woman.

Isn't it just possible that they had them and sold out?
Not likely, there was no open spot for them. And you are talking about the Wal-Mart that still had tons of everything else except the Cars playset (they may have never had it either), and had the Glow in the Dark Black Friday Skylander in droves on the floor for months.

Did TRU nix using the coupon on the Starter set? Tried to use it in store and was told the Starter set was not an eligible item. Seems to still work from the website.

Reading up more on the Power Discs they sound necessary for a "complete" experience.

Any use in having multiples?
Not of the Hex's.

if you have 2 characters playing in the toy box mode: one Abu the Elephant will spawn two of them into the world, one for each person.

The circles: maybe. I don't have dupes of them but the power only goes to the player who has it on their fig. Player 2 could, theoretically, get their own set if they both wanted the same power.

I bought 4 packs of discs. I got 2 of the 3 rares in those 4 packs. They are the yellow hexagons. How rare are these?

It's silly how easy it is to tell the rare from the not rare discs through the packaging. I didn't do it in store but I did it at home and if you just put your fingernail on the packs and run it down the package you can clearly hear a difference between the regular and rare lenticular ones. Hopefully they do like someone else said and try to face the discs inward so you cant hear/feel a difference so easily.

It reminds me of collecting football cards back in the day there used to be companies that would put certain rare cards in certain spots within a case/box of cards. So if you could get to a newly opened box you could pick the certain pack and guarantee yourself one of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know this is supposed to be about deals but I have a question. Are these things gonna be rare acouple months down the line? I don't mean OMG scalper rare. Or I'm gonna profit rare. More or less availability. If I don't get Lone Ranger now do you think he would be here three months from now at the store, or any regular set/ fig. I get exclusives are gonna dissapear and be gone. I just don't want to stress everytime a fig or set comes out I like I need to grab it that day. Is Skylanders like this?

Local TRU got a shipment of clear Lightning in today. They had 8 out and the guy said there were 2 boxes of 8 in the back. I grabbed 2 since the sale is still on. Figure if I miss an exclusive later, I'd have trade bait. No gold packs, though, so they did not get a restock of those :( That was the only thing I never found.

I know this is supposed to be about deals but I have a question. Are these things gonna be rare acouple months down the line? I don't mean OMG scalper rare. Or I'm gonna profit rare. More or less availability. If I don't get Lone Ranger now do you think he would be here three months from now at the store, or any regular set/ fig. I get exclusives are gonna dissapear and be gone. I just don't want to stress everytime a fig or set comes out I like I need to grab it that day. Is Skylanders like this?
No way to know for sure since there's so many factors, but yes a few Skylanders have become rare (or more accurately, hard to find/unavailable in store). It will depend on it's popularity obviously and what they restock, and also what characters they re-release and such. For example there is supposed to be crystal versions of many of the figures (The Lone Ranger is one for example) so you may want to try and get that one whenever it becomes available.

Also there is supposed to be a girls 3 pack, so I don't know if that means Violet will also be released in that pack or what. If she isn't and isn't restocked, it's possible she could become harder to find. Same with Francesco possibly since he's only released as a single at the moment. Again it's hard to say for sure on any of it.

With Skylanders some of the characters that were initially extremely easy to get and sat on store shelves have pretty much disappeared from stores since because they weren't re-released and didn't have any variants or anything.

At the moment the rarest Infinity character is Ferb and then Mickey. Both of those will be released later but for now they're pretty hard to find. Ferb is pretty much impossible to get and Mickey is around $150 on ebay and will probably go up if the game maintains/gains in popularity. The normal version of Mickey though will be released in January though and I don't think Phineas and Ferb are too far off either.

Reading up more on the Power Discs they sound necessary for a "complete" experience.

Any use in having multiples?
Something I wasn't aware of is that you can stack multiple circular discs under your character. I don't have the game yet, but its my understanding that in some instances if you have two of the same disc the upgrades will stack.

The example I read about was the Scrooge's Lucky Dime disc that's coming out. If you have two of them and stack them under your character you will get a 40% increase in income instead of the 20% boost you would get if just had one.

Whether or not this is a big deal is up to you; I can't say much more without playing the game myself.

Fred Meyer (in-store) has starter sets for $75, but come with $25 gift card. Another option if you have one in your area.

Edit: also just saw a $10 off $50 purchase coupon for electronics dept will be around in their friday/saturday 2 day ad.

The Girl Power pack will have Vanellope (Wreck-It-Ralph), Violet, and Rapunzel.
Ah thanks didn't know that. Time to get rid of Violet then. I hate how they do that. Skylanders was terrible with that and their Series 2 rehashes. I wouldn't think Violet will end up hard to find then if she's being released at least twice. I'll sell my Violet and get a Francesco instead I think. He's the only character I don't really care for and is only in a single pack so he could end up being a hard to find one unless they release more of him.

Ah thanks didn't know that. Time to get rid of Violet then. I hate how they do that. Skylanders was terrible with that and their Series 2 rehashes. I wouldn't think Violet will end up hard to find then if she's being released at least twice. I'll sell my Violet and get a Francesco instead I think. He's the only character I don't really care for and is only in a single pack so he could end up being a hard to find one unless they release more of him.
Yeah, I was thinking of returning the Violet I got for Mater, but was wondering if he might show up later in another Cars pack.

There's also a rumor of a Wreck-It-Ralph set, so I might just stay away from the Girl Power pack altogether. The Vanellope and Rapunzel figures will also be sold as singles so you can always get them that way. Just depends on the sales and which ever way is cheaper.

Yeah, I was thinking of returning the Violet I got for Mater, but was wondering if he might show up later in another Cars pack.

There's also a rumor of a Wreck-It-Ralph set, so I might just stay away from the Girl Power pack altogether. The Vanellope and Rapunzel figures will also be sold as singles so you can always get them that way. Just depends on the sales and which ever way is cheaper.
There's no wreck-it-ralph set. You can see the whole series here:
http://www.disneygeekery.com/2013/08/22/disney-infinity-series-2-packaging-released/

Just as a heads-up, it seems like the employees to all of the retailers carrying the Power Disc packs have been given a tip in regards to finding the rares, because I was scratching a pack at Best Buy and an employee spotted me doing it and brought up the whole rare finding thing. I was like whoa, news travels fast, eh? That's probably why eBay is flooded with elephants. Not so much the Buzz Lightyears, which I think is the rarest of the 3 rares.

So now that we have all the sets, individual characters, power packs, etc. that my son and I wanted, it's now time to actually go and buy the game. We're deciding between buying it on the 360 or the Wii U - is there any difference at all between the console versions? Any special use of the Wii-U controller (I understand they are working on a patch to allow the 2nd player to use the pro controller)?

Violet will be in GIRL POWER PACK Wave 2 (Holding off on her) .  Maybe pick up Dash, Mater, and Francesco next sale B2G1 Free Deal ;)

Might not be the right thing to do but being a CAG...I bought a bundle of booster packs and was able to put them on the infinity base without opening them. Ended up returning half of them due to already owning them. All I need now is Buzz and a few common ones!

Very disappointed to see that out of all those characters in wave 2, only Toy story will be getting an actual play. it's making me think I should hold off on getting the Wreak it Ralph characters in case they make a play set for them at some point in the future.

I preordered a Wii U starter set from Target. When I picked it up yesterday, all they had was a torn box copy left. I complained and got offered 10% off. I picked up a my pack of  free discs and my free figure. I headed to guest services to do a Gamestop price match.

The manager screwed the transaction up by giving me the following:

$59.99- $6.00 for damaged box = $53.99    - $17.00 for the value of the preorder card I had. (no idea how it got to this point) = $36.99

$36.99 for a pack of discs, Mater figure and the Wii U Starter set. But I didn't get the $5.00 Target giftcard offered.

I went back in to the manager and explained I was undercharged. He looked-chuckled and said congratulations. 

True story.

I'm gonna have to take back the crystal McQueen I picked up today. When I took him out of the packaging I noticed one of his "stickers?" had been mutilated on the top where the packaging had him wedged in. Particularly since this is a "rare" piece he ought to be in perfect shape. Now I'm gonna check the detail work on all the figures. Fortunately, according to the website, they still had at least 1 left so I placed an order so they'll at least hold it till tomorrow night when I go pick it up.

If someone wants the scratched ish one I'm willing to send it at cost, but wouldn't be my cup of tea.

I'm a big Skylanders fan, but I still don't see the point of this at all when you can just play Disney Universe.  Get that for $10 and play as all these characters in a Skylanders style game for 1/100th the cost.  Now that's being a real Cheap Ass Gamer!

I'm gonna have to take back the crystal McQueen I picked up today. When I took him out of the packaging I noticed one of his "stickers?" had been mutilated on the top where the packaging had him wedged in. Particularly since this is a "rare" piece he ought to be in perfect shape. Now I'm gonna check the detail work on all the figures. Fortunately, according to the website, they still had at least 1 left so I placed an order so they'll at least hold it till tomorrow night when I go pick it up.

If someone wants the scratched ish one I'm willing to send it at cost, but wouldn't be my cup of tea.
I noticed this when I picked up my 2 Mcqueens on rd, I went through all 8 and picked the best 2. I have know idea how they look on the other side since I haven't opened them yet

Damnit, I should not have read this thread....

Guessing I'm hitting up a couple shops. 

If Gamestop will hook me up with the pre-order freebies I'll probably pick up the starter kit. 

Other wise I'm just going to best buy to PM the Target/Walmart packs.

o.o I'm starting to question the legitimacy of whether or not some people are really buying it for their "kids" or are just embarrassed to admit they're getting it themselves.

I got it for myself. It's damn fun, too. I like having a game I can play when the kid is around, too. He seems to enjoy watching me play - hopefully he'll want to play at some point, too...

o.o I'm starting to question the legitimacy of whether or not some people are really buying it for their "kids" or are just embarrassed to admit they're getting it themselves.
I got it for my kid mostly but I like collecting the figures. I'll play the game too if I ever get the time.

I wondered the same thing before the game was released, but it's slowly becoming clearer (to me at least) that Disney is in this for the money first and foremost, and they are going to give the consumer every opportunity to buy the figures they want. They Sorceror Mickey could have easily been a convention exclusive, but that would have been a waste of the time and effort taken to design the figure. Disney would rather sell a metric ton of figures than have people out there ready with money and nothing to buy with it. Normally that would seem greedy, but in this case it's a good thing.

I agree that Disney wants $, so they won't short run any of the figs. What I can envision is a future where the "rare/variant/special" figures and discs are sold in the theme parks only.

I'm gonna have to take back the crystal McQueen I picked up today. When I took him out of the packaging I noticed one of his "stickers?" had been mutilated on the top where the packaging had him wedged in. Particularly since this is a "rare" piece he ought to be in perfect shape. Now I'm gonna check the detail work on all the figures. Fortunately, according to the website, they still had at least 1 left so I placed an order so they'll at least hold it till tomorrow night when I go pick it up.

One thing I am noticing about the Power Discs is the over-abundance of ones with upside-down stickers. Methinks the Chinese people getting paid $0.01/hour to do the job are carelessly just slapping them on. Oh, and there seems to be some excess of glue on the discs, too.

Oh, and for those of you wondering about the reviews, it seems pretty mixed-

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/disney-infinity

bread's done
Back