Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread

The idiots at Walmart sent the Cars Play Set even though I ordered the Mike / Capt Barbossa / Mrs Incredible pack.

It's worth more, but my wife wanted Mike.  I guess I have to do an in store return.

Last edited by a moderator:
What do u mean having to play as guest? i deleted the update and started playing the game offline. And when i first put mr. Incredible on the portal it said guest, yes. But by simply pressing the start button and clicking on the take ownership of character button i have been leveling up mr. Incredible on my psn profile (offline of course) up to level 9. Surely u dont mean i will have to start leveling him over again once i am able to sign on do u??
She probably went straight through without trying to take ownership. I'll have to check that out when I get home. I hope she can keep what she has done so far.

I hope that is sarcasm.

The day 1 patch broke DI for us (as well as many other PS3 owners). My daughter played through the intro 3 times because of it locking up when it was ready for a figure. I finally looked it up only to find I had to remove the 1.01 patch and either disable my internet connection or deny the update.

http://kotaku.com/ps3-version-of-disney-infinity-locking-up-short-term-1164072959

Edit: I'm really frustrated with this issue because once they fix it, she will have to start all over again due to having to play as Guest. You would think this large of a game (with so much hype) would keep developers on their toes about day 1 gamebreaking patches.
Patch 1.03 was approved and should be up anytime now according to John Vignocchi about an hour ago

o.o how do you even know what's a good deal yet? What makes this mike's car thing so appealing? :/ is there some information suggestion it will be gone soon?

If i pricematch at Target im able to use Target Gift Cards to pay it off right?
What would make you think otherwise?

o.o how do you even know what's a good deal yet? What makes this mike's car thing so appealing? :/ is there some information suggestion it will be gone soon?
Mike's car's rarity is undetermined, but it is possible that it was given only one batch, despite so many of the packs being available at launch.

Also, a coworker and I spent an hour digging through both of the retail boxes that we had of the Power Disc packs, testing them out with our fingernails. We came to the conclusion that each box only has 2 packs that contain 1 rare disc each. So there's that.

Damn...pre-ordered as well. Any others known yet?

EDIT: How did you get free shipping? Is there a code available?
SAVER <- That's the code. Free shipping on orders over $25. $3.50 for one seemed too much, so I bought 2 like I said. If it becomes hard to find I can trade one, if not I can return it in store. :]

Weird, I tried it and it wouldn't work for me.  Thanks though.

NVM Site is being weird, rejected it the first time I tried it.  Got a red x on the code the 2nd time too, but it went through.   Thank you!

Weird, I tried it and it wouldn't work for me. Thanks though.

NVM Site is being weird, rejected it the first time I tried it. Got a red x on the code the 2nd time too, but it went through. Thank you!
Yeah, for me it always showed up as a red X, didn't apply until checkout. Have no idea, but it worked! NP.

It's not the seller that is to blame, but the buyer.
If a large percentage of the supply is hoarded by a select few, it distorts the laws of supply and demand. It takes a real man to clean out the toy section of a toy store to make a quick buck on eBay.

It might not be illegal, but it is a real bottom-feeder move. As for me, I never have and never will buy from the eBay d-bags. I wish more people would do the same.

So, for a character like Jack Skellington, you're basically buying him for play in Toy Box mode only, right? There's no announced Nightmare Before Christmas level or anything, so you can only use him in Toy Box? Not sure if that's worth it...

So, for a character like Jack Skellington, you're basically buying him for play in Toy Box mode only, right? There's no announced Nightmare Before Christmas level or anything, so you can only use him in Toy Box? Not sure if that's worth it...
That's my gripe I realized last night as I was playing through the Incredibles adventure...with only two characters for Lone Ranger, there's not a lot of options for who to play as. And with the characters who don't have playsets there's no real drive to buy them. I didn't think this through I don't think. At least with skylanders each character can be dropped in at any time. Despite the fun i had I Kinda regretting I got this instead of swap force.

If a large percentage of the supply is hoarded by a select few, it distorts the laws of supply and demand. It takes a real man to clean out the toy section of a toy store to make a quick buck on eBay.

It might not be illegal, but it is a real bottom-feeder move. As for me, I never have and never will buy from the eBay d-bags. I wish more people would do the same.
Agreed. Instead of getting a real job, these idiots spend their day doing this stuff. I'm surprised the stores dont have limits. I would give the person a piece of my mind if my kid and I went to buy it and they were all out because he had all of them in his cart. Damn clowns

That's my gripe I realized last night as I was playing through the Incredibles adventure...with only two characters for Lone Ranger, there's not a lot of options for who to play as. And with the characters who don't have playsets there's no real drive to buy them. I didn't think this through I don't think. At least with skylanders each character can be dropped in at any time. Despite the fun i had I Kinda regretting I got this instead of swap force.
I think Lone Ranger will probably be the exception to the rule, and most playsets will have three characters to choose from.

We know that the Toy Story In Space playset will at least offer Buzz, Jessie, and Woody:

http://vinylmationkingdom.com/2013/08/20/infinity-beyond-more-wave-2-disney-infinity-figure-packaging/

We don't know anything yet about Phineas and Ferb, though. I suspect we won't know anything about that playset until 2014.

I totally agree with not having any motivation to buy stand-alone characters with no playset. The whole draw for me is to play in that character's specific world. I doubt I will buy any stand alone characters.

I feel like this game is not really going to hit its stride until 2014 or 2015 when there are a ton of playsets available, and the playsets represent something broader than recent Pixar movies. We need 1950's Disney (Donald Duck, Mickey Mouse playset) and we need 1990s Disney (Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, Lion King). And I won't even get started on the Muppets.

I played last night and the second player did not earn any Achievements. I don't know if we were doing something wrong or if that's just how it is.
Not sure about Infinity yet, but I know skylanders wouldn't let a second player get achievements either. Kind of disappointing cause that's the only reason I wanted to play with my wife when she played through it.

Agreed. Instead of getting a real job, these idiots spend their day doing this stuff. I'm surprised the stores dont have limits. I would give the person a piece of my mind if my kid and I went to buy it and they were all out because he had all of them in his cart. Damn clowns
And here's the other problem ... now that people are starting to figure out that you can find the rare power discs by scratching the package, the eBay d-bags will be picking the displays clean.

I had to get a relative 6 states away to pick up the last Crystal Lightning McQueen I could find. When I went to the store on Sunday morning, the cashier told me that some guy had come in at store opening and bought every Crystal McQueen and TRU Power Disc pack on the shelf.

Without store limits, this is just ripe for abuse. Even with limits, it will still be abused.

So would this game appeal more to older players as opposed to something like skylanders? I'm noticing whenever there's a skykanders post.. everyone is like "great, I can buy this for my kid/nephew" but with Disney infinity.. seems like everyone is just buying this stuff for themselves.

Do we have a specific gameplay discussion thread yet?

I'm trying to build a racetrack w/ a rule set. I have the track built, but I want a 3 lap race. I can't find/figure out how to set a start countdown and fireworks for the end of the third lap. Is this even possible?

And here's the other problem ... now that people are starting to figure out that you can find the rare power discs by scratching the package, the eBay d-bags will be picking the displays clean.
Yea just look at eBay, there are guys with 20+ rares of the same ones. They obviously just did the scratch trick. I feel bad for those parents buying the packs for their kids and hoping to get a rare when the chance is almost 0 as they've all been picked clean by resellers

So I decided to buy this from GameStop today (I had a 15% off coupon and some credit, though I did try to get the guy to let me use the $15 off 59.99 first hehe). Anyway, the guy did some scanning and I got an extra figure and a power disc pack free. Not sure if this was known or not but thought I'd share.

Yea just look at eBay, there are guys with 20+ rares of the same ones. They obviously just did the scratch trick. I feel bad for those parents buying the packs for their kids and hoping to get a rare when the chance is almost 0 as they've all been picked clean by resellers
Unless they buy online. Yeah they can't feel the packs themselves, but most parents probably wouldn't know about that trick anyhow... Which makes me suggesting they buy it online kind of pointless.

So I decided to buy this from GameStop today (I had a 15% off coupon and some credit, though I did try to get the guy to let me use the $15 off 59.99 first hehe). Anyway, the guy did some scanning and I got an extra figure and a power disc pack free. Not sure if this was known or not but thought I'd share.
Is there any promo number on your receipt??? I stopped by a local GS today and this was a no go. I also called two other locations and they both said was pre-order only.

Is there any promo number on your receipt??? I stopped by a local GS today and this was a no go. I also called two other locations and they both said was pre-order only.
YMMV, but when I was at my local GameStop preordering Jack Skellington, I overheard the clerk saying to a customer that he'd get a free Power Disc pack and figure if he picked up Disney Infinity just by buying it outright. So methinks they are also trying to sell these things as preorders after the fact.

YMMV, but when I was at my local GameStop preordering Jack Skellington, I overheard the clerk saying to a customer that he'd get a free Power Disc pack and figure if he picked up Disney Infinity just by buying it outright. So methinks they are also trying to sell these things as preorders after the fact.
Oh ok, thanks for the info. I will try another location.

I see it this way: If Im only missing a couple of discs, I don't mind dropping $5 for one disc since it will save me more money and time hoping to get it myself. By even scratching, you don't know if it is the one you need. So let these kids do all the hard work for us.

I just stopped at the local TRU and they are out of the Lightning McQueen again. The guy told me that someone was there before doors opened and bought the couple they got in and the rest of the exclusive discs. Does anyone know if there is any difference between this one and the Cars playset Lightning McQueen besides the color? Im not about to drop $35 on something that I can get elsewhere, and my son is at that stage where he won't play with certain colors because they are "girl colors" so I can see the crystal being thrown in that category.

When I found out about this, that's immediately where my mind went. I'm playing this game with my 3 year old, who so far loves to watch and play with the toys and swap things on the base. I am never going to be able to find all the discs for her because shady butt-clowns are rubbing the blind packs and picking off the rare ones to sell on eBay. I was all set to go to TRU to buy a few packs, and then decided it might not even be worth it if the playing field is no longer fair.

I see it this way: If Im only missing a couple of discs, I don't mind dropping $5 for one disc since it will save me more money and time hoping to get it myself. By even scratching, you don't know if it is the one you need. So let these kids do all the hard work for us.

I just stopped at the local TRU and they are out of the Lightning McQueen again. The guy told me that someone was there before doors opened and bought the couple they got in and the rest of the exclusive discs. Does anyone know if there is any difference between this one and the Cars playset Lightning McQueen besides the color? Im not about to drop $35 on something that I can get elsewhere, and my son is at that stage where he won't play with certain colors because they are "girl colors" so I can see the crystal being thrown in that category.
He shows up as clear/white in the game and may be a bit faster. That's about it.

Thanks! That helps a lot. I will test this out soon and let you guys know the results.

Ok, went back to the same store, the lady working said no go (she didn't enter anything and said it must be start with EBC). I called two other stores, one said the same about EBC the other said promo codes are generated by the computer.

I live in Boston so there's quite a few GS's I can go to. Before I throw in the towel, any other suggestions???

Ok, went back to the same store, the lady working said no go (she didn't enter anything and said it must be start with EBC). I called two other stores, one said the same about EBC the other said promo codes are generated by the computer.

I live in Boston so there's quite a few GS's I can go to. Before I throw in the towel, any other suggestions???
Not sure if this will help, but after the game scanned the game, he decided to try something and scanned both a figure pack and a power disc pack and both rang up as free.

Keep driving to stores and eventually you are going to spend more gas than the value of the figure and pack. Good job. Next time preorder

I have been trying my hardest to resist this game because of the sheer amount of money needed to invest in this game and myself on having a compulsive desire to owning all the figures lol

I am trying really hard not to get this game but if I do lol, what does the starter pack bring?

What are the must have playsets and figures?

How many powerdisc come in a pack? What so good about the TRU exclusive power disc?

I have a 360 & PS3 any differences in the versions?

I am mainly a PC gamer as of late any work on a PC version and/or next gen consoles?

Thanks all!

Not sure if this will help, but after the game scanned the game, he decided to try something and scanned both a figure pack and a power disc pack and both rang up as free.
I will try that and see what happens. Thanks again for your help.

Keep driving to stores and eventually you are going to spend more gas than the value of the figure and pack. Good job. Next time preorder
My guess is this isn't directed at me. If for some reason (again, I highly doubt this is directed toward me because that would be you making an assumption, as you know what they say about people who assume things). Between my commute to work and home, I pass three different GameStops, no additional gas would be burnt. I really appreciate your concern though, it's ever so thoughtful of you.

As far as the pre-order comment, sure, I could have pre-ordered the game. This isn't about what one could have done though, this is about seeing if an offer is still going on.

Do you work for Gamestop or something?
:lol: , Really though, some people have credit at GS. Other people have children and just heard about possible deals/offers. Mitnosi, you personally know my reason behind the purchase so I want to compare all options first. Anyhow, I won't go back and forward with anyone here, I advise Cocojames333 to do the same.

bread's done
Back