Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread

That's crazy that Lone Ranger is $35 but Cars is $19.95. I did the whole "tell us about a lower price" thing about the price Target is currently charging for Cars and Lone Ranger, and I did this yesterday, as I am sure many other people did.... it boggles my mind that Amazon dropped the price on one, but not the other.
Yeah, I have no idea.

I just realized that there are only 4 circular power discs and 17 hexagonal ones... But the blind packs come with a hexagonal and circular one.... People are going to have a crap load of extra circular ones if they are trying to get them all.

Btw, my Microsoft Store order of the 3-packs villain set was cancelled too back when I used the $10 Xbox One coupon. I never got a cancellation notice though. It just disappeared from my order history. Weird. But, I got it cheaper anyways at WM, so I'm not complaining!

I picked up the Lone Ranger and Cars playset for $17.49 at Best Buy (Target  price match) both character 3 packs for $14.96 each at beast buy  (Wal Mart on-line price match) and picked up the Starter Kit from Gamestop on-line with the $15 off coupon and trade in credit and a giftcard. So at the end of the day for a crap load of content I paid $65 out of pocket. Not bad. Might get some power disks while they are on sale today. I will confess that I more than likely won't buy much without some sort of sale in the future, the prices IMHO are fair for what I paid but retail I'm not sure. Me and my boys will have to dig into the content to see that. Really excited about this game though after the initial reviews. 

Snagged the Sidekicks pack from WM at the sale price and grabbed a Cars set at Target this morning. On the fence about the Lone Ranger set... I will probably grab it this week. May run out to TRU at lunch and see if I can grab the exclusive power pack. On the fence about the Crystal Lightning (if they even have them still)... I don't know. I'm giving myself a little leeway on this game simply because the starter pack was free, but I don't want to sink a bunch into it until I figure out if my 4 year old son will play with me or not. Have to say, it's much nicer picking the stuff up at great day 1 prices, though. That's what keeps tempting me.

I will confess that I more than likely won't buy much without some sort of sale in the future, the prices IMHO are fair for what I paid but retail I'm not sure. Me and my boys will have to dig into the content to see that. Really excited about this game though after the initial reviews.
Same boat here... The reviews coming back pretty stellar are pushing me to get a few more things than I usually would, though. Looks like everyone is loving it.

On the fence about the Lone Ranger set... I will probably grab it this week. .
My wife and son have been playing that one all morning, and are really liking it. Which is funny because we almost didn't get that one either, and none of us had any interest in the movie.
They seem to be liking that one better than the Cars set.

Just ran to Toys R Us since one is near my job to see if they had the exclusives still. The Lightning McQueen was sold out but they still had plenty of the power disk (if each pack really comes with one, don't know how that works). Didn't even know they had exclusives, I would have went first thing yesterday morning. Now I have a triple pack from Best Buy and 2 packs of disks, but no game yet. Figuring I'm working on a Christmas gift, I'm hoping for better deals on the starter set before the holiday.

*mobile error*

Please delete or I will delete when I get to a computer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just ran to Toys R Us since one is near my job to see if they had the exclusives still. The Lightning McQueen was sold out but they still had plenty of the power disk (if each pack really comes with one, don't know how that works). Didn't even know they had exclusives, I would have went first thing yesterday morning. Now I have a triple pack from Best Buy and 2 packs of disks, but no game yet. Figuring I'm working on a Christmas gift, I'm hoping for better deals on the starter set before the holiday.
Just remember you only need one of the TRU exclusive gold packs right now since they all have the same exclusive disc in them.

That's crazy that Lone Ranger is $35 but Cars is $19.95. I did the whole "tell us about a lower price" thing about the price Target is currently charging for Cars and Lone Ranger, and I did this yesterday, as I am sure many other people did.... it boggles my mind that Amazon dropped the price on one, but not the other.
They usually do not price match on the weekend. I can almost guarantee they will price match more tonight or tomorrow

Just remember you only need one of the TRU exclusive gold packs right now since they all have the same exclusive disc in them.
Awesome, thanks! I bought one of the Toys R Us packs and one regular pack, but then got worried once I got in the car if every pack was going to have that exculsive disc. I talked to the guy and he said that they are getting another shipment in Wed or Thurs, so anyone that missed out of the Lightning McQueen should check again mid week (or at least call and see when your local TRU gets their shipment).

I just followed the link in the op and did pick up in store. Came out to 65 with taxes. I don't mind spending that at all and I am quite excitied to pick it up when I get home. Def picking up a TRU power disc pack and the other disc pack.

Do you think it will be worth hanging on to the Wave 1 more common power discs? You would think that down the road anybody who sticks with the power discs through all the waves they release wont need any of the older ones. At least that's what I am thinking. The only thing in my eyes that would make the wave 1 disc worth anything is if they "retire them" off the sales floor  as soon as a newer wave hits the stores.

Hoping Amazon matches the Lone Ranger playset price, it's the only thing left from the first wave that I'd like to have.

Thanks for all the deal posts here.  We got a late start to things yesterday, but made the rounds and pretty much ended up with all the deals we wanted.  The Villains pack at Walmart for $14.96 was probably the best.  Toys R Us buy one power disc get another for a $1 seemed pretty good too.  Do the TRU exclusive discs come in different packaging, our guy at TRU did not know, he was super helpful otherwise.  Game is fun from what we played of it so far.  Perfect for family gaming.

I'm wondering if the people who get into this late...say around Christmas, will need these wave 1 discs.
I'm just keeping my doubles and posting them on Craigslist with a list of the discs I don't have. I made one trade last night, I went to trade the girl my Pieces of Eight for the TRU exclusive disc and she ended up giving me 3 more on top of that which I didn't already have.

I told myself I was going to avoid this game but somehow lost that conversation.  Not reading anything about it I was a bit overwhelmed.  Not realizing that the car and lone ranger packs are essentially levels.  All the other characters can only be used in the sand box mode or a specific movie.  And what really blows is that if you want to play with your kid in monster inc you need the green guy as well because no other characters will work in that world.  I knew this game was going to be a money sink but its really out of control.  My kid seems lost as what to do as there seems to be a lot going on as far as open world, sand box, levels, unlocks and where ort how to use them etc.  Looks like I will have to pick up some of the three packs if I wanna play with him.  :(

Do you think it will be worth hanging on to the Wave 1 more common power discs? You would think that down the road anybody who sticks with the power discs through all the waves they release wont need any of the older ones. At least that's what I am thinking. The only thing in my eyes that would make the wave 1 disc worth anything is if they "retire them" off the sales floor as soon as a newer wave hits the stores.
they will retire them because they are coming out with series 2 and series 3, but who knows if they will be worth anything.

Series 2 and Series 3 will differently have better powerups/be stronger.. they have to give people a reason to buy more of them even if they already have 20 of them.

For those of you who think you missed out on the Crystal Lightning McQueen, you should try calling up the stores that are listed as 'out of stock' on the site and tell the customer service person to search for it via the item number (but DO NOT tell the person what it is that you are looking for). I did that and was able to have them hold one for me.

Well, I have been to several TRU so far in search of this Damn McQueen (mind you, we have been driving home from NJ to FL) and I have one more stop and that's the toys r us to pick up my game. I'm not expecting them to have it honestly. If any CAG's can help another one out, please let me know.

Grabbed a TRU Lightning at lunch. They had 3 (2 now).

The TRU exclusive Power disc - does it have a special marking on the package??? I bought 2, but didn't get the TRU exclusive disc.

Of course the villains pack is sold out at Wal-Mart. My preorder bonus was Mike so I have to pass on the other 3-pack. I assume that price is only good online.

Can't believe some of the discs are going for that much on eBay already. I will be coming straight back to CAG with my extra discs for trading.

Thanks to OP for all the info.

Thanks Super... I'll run by on my way home to see if they have them still.
No matter how many TRU exclusive power disc pack you get. Each Pack have the same TRU exclusive power disc & random disc. You just only need 1 TRU power Disc pack, and pick up normal power disc pack .. that's only way you run into rare power disc :) lol

I'm not going to mess with the power discs, unless they release one featuring Figment. Otherwise I'm fine playing the game with the figures and no extra discs.

held out for one. whole. day.

my son's b-day (10) was Sunday. We went to Target today and bought: PS3 base game, both level sets, 1 pack of discs and they PMed Wal Mart so I got the Heroes and Villans packs there as well.

Off to TRU tomorrow for their deal on discs.

and my kids already talking about Skylanders Swap Force for Christmas...

I know what you mean I got this for my sons b-day at the end of Setember just because Swap Force comes out afterwords. Now I am in this and when swap force drops that willl be one of his x-mas present.

sorry if Im asking a silly question but just wanted some info about something..on walmart.com they have the Disney Infinity Starter Kit (Wii U) w/ Bonus* $15 eGift Card so I was wondering since I have never ordered from walmart.com before, does that egift card get emailed to me after I place the order and I can use it on a future purchase? I also applied for and was approved for a walmart credit card which I already received in the mail, on the web site it says that I get 20 dollars off my first purchase of 100 bucks or more but does this apply to video game orders as well or only for certain purchases..says on the site if I order the Wii U version I will get it Arrives by Tue., Aug. 27..I assume this is accurate information

Thanks

Well, I have been to several TRU so far in search of this Damn McQueen (mind you, we have been driving home from NJ to FL) and I have one more stop and that's the toys r us to pick up my game. I'm not expecting them to have it honestly. If any CAG's can help another one out, please let me know.
you won't find one.. the only way you'll get one is if they end up restocking them which would be wednesday or thursday. Honestly your time is better spent just paying like $23 for one on ebay.. that's only $9 more, your time is worth more than that.

Does anyone know is everything interchangeable between different consoles?  I assume the characters, discs and playsets are.  Is the infinity base interchangeable?  Can I plug my PS3 base into the 360 or WiiU (assuming I have a copy of the game for 360 and WiiU) and have it work?  Is it just a standard USB connection?

thanks.

My TRU has plenty of the

My TRU had 12 of these left when I stopped by a few minutes ago. If you still need help let me know.

held out for one. whole. day.

my son's b-day (10) was Sunday. We went to Target today and bought: PS3 base game, both level sets, 1 pack of discs and they PMed Wal Mart so I got the Heroes and Villans packs there as well.

Off to TRU tomorrow for their deal on discs.

I know what you mean I got this for my sons b-day at the end of Setember just because Swap Force comes out afterwords. Now I am in this and when swap force drops that willl be one of his x-mas present.
Might want to check out the Gamestop set.

It comes with the starter pack and 5 dark skylanders. I think its $20 more than the reg starter pack but the figs are gonna be limited I think to the gamestop set

Also my store had about half a dozen exclusive McQueens and a few of the exclusive power disk packs still If anyone is looking.

I am willing to trade any of the TRU exclusives. The ones by me have a lot. I am stopping by after work today to get more power discs. I pick up something for anyone that wants to trade. Let me know

Might want to check out the Gamestop set.

It comes with the starter pack and 5 dark skylanders. I think its $20 more than the reg starter pack but the figs are gonna be limited I think to the gamestop set

Also my store had about half a dozen exclusive McQueens and a few of the exclusive power disk packs still If anyone is looking.
yeah, I'll probably grab that for them for Christmas...I say for them but I've had a blast w/Infinity so far, Barbossa/Pirates.

I got some extra discs, do we have a special trade area for these? I wanna get the exclusive TRU one, went by there today and they said 4 guys came in and bought them all yesterday.....

2 - Tangled w/ Lantern

1- Fix It Felix

1 - Wreck it Ralph w/ Candyland looking background

Was in Walmart today and decided to drop by Video Game section just to see how much they had.

It was right next to Skylanders merchandise.  Takes up more room (maybe 30% more?).

Had everything with the exception of the Violet? figure for the game.

Didn't look like they had sold a single thing. 

bread's done
Back