Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread

I agree they're both the same. I think all games that have large amounts of dlc are scams. Disney infinity like skylanders just gives you a new character for around $15, when all the characters should be included in the game not just 3.
yea imagine mortal kombat with 100 characters and you had to pay $13 for each. But I guess if they are toys too they can get away with it. I hope I didn't give midway games any ideas.. mortal kombat infinity

how do you get that coupon? i buy lots at target and never seen it

Wish I knew.
Nobody does, we've been trying to figure it out all summer. It's totally random.
The coupons print out sometimes at checkout, and you never know what you're going to get.
I've gotten two, and I have other people keeping an eye out for more for me. They expire on Sept. 9th, and I'd love to get one more before then.

Crap I bought four of the power disc packs at toys r us and opened them all and then saw I had four Mike's car ones.  Is there a use for more than one of them in game?  Or should I look to trade them off probably?

Grabbed my pre-order from bestbuy... which sucks ass! PM'd Wal-Mart & targets deals on the Cars & Lone Rangers sets along with the Villians pack, had already pre-ordered the $13 sidekicks pack at BB as well with the game and I was able to get the free figure.

Speaking of the free figure, my BB had NO IDEA about this. I finally had my fiancee send a pick of the pre-order sheet. My store didn't have them, no paperwork in back or nothing. They tried sending me out the door without it, but I waited like hell. Got dash :D

Only need 3 characters now.. Violet, Mater & the french car.

Wat. Why not just wait for the figures to be B1G1 by then, too?
We all know Lone Ranger will be on clearance before the end of the year.
Agreed.

There's a much better chance of the figures having an even better sale than the actual core game dropping to half off anytime soon... We're only just now getting decent sales on the Giants core package... I think the best we'll see by BF is $49.99. Let's also not forget that Disney put all their eggs into this basket, they need to bank hard on this so steep price drops are probably way off.

Plus, maybe we'll see some Marvel and Star Wars stuff. No luck at the NJ TRU for McQueen. Trying my FL TRU tomorrow and hoping for the best.

If you have a Meijer near you, you get a figure and power pack free with purchase of the starter pack. Also, this Friday and Saturday there's a 15% off general merchandise coupon through their mPerks program. I could have waited and taken advantage of these deals + an extra 10% employee discount (gf), but I'm impatient. So I just bought the starter pack at Walmart, got the free $15 gift card and bought the sidekicks pack with it. It was about $5 cheaper than the Meijer deal would have been for me, but I missed out on the extra goodies. I don't mind though. My family (myself included) are in a hurry to play this game!

If you're in Texas and have an HEB near you they have coupons
buy 2 get 1 free on character packs.
Buy infinity starter pack get $20 HEB GIFT CARD
seems pretty good

Anyone else have a ps3 version that is completely unplayable? Have had three corrupt save files in the last 2hrs. Saw on twitter that there's a known problem. Just great.

So it looks like they aren't taking the Skylanders approach and short-packing certain figures. Anyone have any issues finding the figures they wanted? I dropped by TRU this morning and I think they had just about everything you could get from the initial launch.

Disney Infinity Power Disc Trade Event  at TRU September 7th (from 12pm - 2pm Nationalwide)

Toys R Us is having a Infinity Power Disc trade event on September 7th. This will be nationwide and kids will be allowed to trade discs with one another. Hours are from 12-2. It also appears they me having some prizes/promos.

I had no issues finding any sets at all.  Target had that issue with selling the Cars set so most people seemed to just go PM their prices at BB.  The only figure shortage was the Crystal Lightning McQueen.  A Toys R Us rep told me some guy bought an almost all of the TRU exclusive power disc packs up and a couple of the McQueens.  Apparently they didn't tell him there was a store limit or anything. 

Thanks for the clarification of the TRU Power Pack Packages. I bought 4 of them this morning with their deal, but it's for my son for his birthday next week. I'll be returning 3 of them and trading them in for 3 of the regular packs. I definitely don't need 4 of Mike's car.

Updated OP again, this time included info on how to get the Starter Pack at Gamestop for $15 off and a recommendation to only buy one of the TRU exclusive power disc packs.

People are going to be so disappointed when they realize they bought 20 of mike's car disc packs at TRU. I have a feeling that particular 'exclusive' will end up being worthless in the long run.

Well, dammit, I wasn't going to buy in to this because of the expense, but with the great deals (and the wife and kid egging me on) I ended up doing pretty well at TRU.  

Picked up the starter kit (PS3 with 20% off coupon), sidekick pack (pm to Walmart), Cars playset (pm to Target), Crystal McQueen and Dash figures (B1G1 50% off), and 6 packs of power discs (2 TRU ones, and 4 regular ones).  Luckily, I received no duplicates except for Mike's Car (which I figured I would trade the extra for something I didn't have as it was exclusive).  Then I went back and grabbed the last remaining TRU exclusive book to hold the power discs in and used another 20% off coupon on it, making it 8.00.  The book is pretty nice, I like it more than the capsule containers, and you can see which discs you are missing.  Glad I decided to go back and grab it. Pretty happy with my haul, but haven't tried the game yet lol, I heard the PS3 version was having patch issues.

For everything I got, ended up spending 138.00 before taxes, which isn't too bad unless I think about it too much.  Was contemplating getting the villain pack (for 15), but decided I didn't really like Randall or Davy Jones, and would probably hardly ever play as Syndrome.  I had to really suppress the collector inside of me, this is why I stayed far away from Skylanders lol.  

Also, my TRU had almost no Violet, they were sold out when I got there around 2 pm, but had plenty of all the others, including the exclusive McQueen. Well, except for the Cars playset, I snagged the last one of them, along with the last exclusive power disc book/binder. Had about 15 packs of the TRU discs left as well.  I was kind of expecting the crystal McQueen to be rarer.  My plan now is to wait until a B1G1 and maybe snag Violet and Syndrome, I have plenty to play with until then.

Oh, and the Lone Ranger playsets looked like they had not been touched, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you think it would be cheaper to take advantage of these deals now, or to hold out for better sales later?

Then a bunch of the single characters are supposed to be coming from Microsoft store. Back when they had that $10 off code, I preorederd a bunch of them which ended up being 2.99 each.
Hopefully they show up.....haven't gotten a shipping notice yet.
I just checked my email before searching for threads here; I received 9 cancellations emails (I think that's one for each figure they had) Saturday morning around 5am EDT. I at least got a confirm email that I can pickup the mispriced 3 pack Bestbuy had months ago.

Anyone get the TRU exclusive Crystal McQueen? Just found out about it this evening and I was too late to get one.

pTRU1-16710404enh-z6.jpg

does anyone have a list of the rare power discs? what should i be looking for? I searched on ebay and it looked like dumbo, buzz and abu were going for $30+ so i'm assuming those were rare.. are any other ones?

Why are there 2 versions of tangled, sugar rush, alice etc? I'm confused by that. The descriptions are the same but the backgrounds are different.

People are going to be so disappointed when they realize they bought 20 of mike's car disc packs at TRU. I have a feeling that particular 'exclusive' will end up being worthless in the long run.
it is worthless right now as everyone has it and the market is flooded.. however if this is the only print of it then a year from now it will be worth more than the regular ones.

The employee told me they weren't going to get any more in.. but these employees don't know much

Think I'll go by TRu for the mikes car exclusive. And I like the trade idea on the 7th... but me being a 23 year old dude would be kinda weird....

The rare discs are Abu as an elephant from Alladin, the flying Dumbo ride, and a Buzz Lightyear vehicle. Basically all of these are vehicles. The rare discs are actually a transparent red color instead of clear like the others. The background/texture discs I believe are for toybox mode and let you add those elements to the world.

Think I'll go by TRu for the mikes car exclusive. And I like the trade idea on the 7th... but me being a 23 year old dude would be kinda weird....
i'm 26 and i go to TRU all the time.. yes I feel weird as hell but I just pretend to myself like i'm shopping for my imaginary kids.

good luck finding the car/power disc exclsuvies though.. they're sold out at all the stores near me.

Thanks, OP! I managed to pick up the Starter Pack for 360 @ my TRU. Brought it down to $59.99 after the 20% coupon, and luckily got the last TRU exclusive Lightning McQueen. Also, picked up the power disks and was out of luck since they sold out of the TRU exclusive PD. i had a $25 GC there so my total for everything was $55.43.

Then later in the day managed to PM Wal-Mart's 3 Pack Side-Kicks to Target to $14.99. Had a $15 Target GC from work and put it to good use. Today was one hell of a day for me, I managed to get a decent amount of Infinity items all for $56 out of pocket!

I wasn't going to buy initially, but after seeing all the reduced prices today, I went for it.

Got the starter pack/heroes pack/villains pack/cars playset/6 power disc packs all for about $130. The game is pretty damn cool too, heading back tomorrow to see if I can pick up the Lone Ranger playset.

If I can continue to find the stuff at these prices, I can live with it. But it's going to add up lol. This **** is going to be everywhere.

damn. i can NEVER seeing myself getting in on this. After all the crazy collecting you may have spent as much as 500 buxs on these toys/characters.

damn. i can NEVER seeing myself getting in on this. After all the crazy collecting you may have spent as much as 500 buxs on these toys/characters.
I seriously hope this game doesn't get the better of me lol. I don't buy the yearly Call of Duty, and really do appreciate when unique games like this come out. I know tons of people who have to get the CoD and then the DLC. Sure it's nowhere near as pricey as this game, but IMO if I really like what this game has to offer then I wouldn't mind dropping money down for this game.

I'm still waiting on a Phineas & Ferb playset along with a Nightmare Before Christmas playset. Main reason why I made this purchase!

I seriously hope this game doesn't get the better of me lol. I don't buy the yearly Call of Duty, and really do appreciate when unique games like this come out. I know tons of people who have to get the CoD and then the DLC. Sure it's nowhere near as pricey as this game, but IMO if I really like what this game has to offer then I wouldn't mind dropping money down for this game.

I'm still waiting on a Phineas & Ferb playset along with a Nightmare Before Christmas playset. Main reason why I made this purchase!
may it's because i'm not big into disney? i like mickey, donald and the gang but not enough to get all this stuff.

Today I picked up the starter set (opted for the Wii U version) at tru with the 20% off coupon. I also got the 4 standalones there with the b1g1 50% off. I picked up the Sidekicks and Lone Ranger sets from BBY from the preorder deals a few months back. Tomorrow I'm going to a different tru to get the McQueen standalone (site to store pick up) and target to get the two other sets. That should be everything right?

Also...can some old clarify exactly what the point of the power discs is? I've never ever purchases a blind bag. Buying doubles for $4 have never appealed to me. Are these discs something ill need to enjoy the game? Are they required? Or are they just bonus content, essentially physical dlc?

Also...can some old clarify exactly what the point of the power discs is? I've never ever purchases a blind bag. Buying doubles for $4 have never appealed to me. Are these discs something ill need to enjoy the game? Are they required? Or are they just bonus content, essentially physical dlc?
The Power Discs are just extra bonus content I believe. I got a Mickey Mouse Disc, and once put on the portal all it did for me was give me the "Toon" Car that Mickey drives around in. The Discs can also change the sky depending on the disc you get. Some add extra bonuses to characters. They're not needed to enjoy the experience.

Really don't wanna get sucked in, but so tempted since I've got a Target cpn.

Still have ToyStory3 in my backlog; maybe the toybox mode in that will help fill the void.

amazon will price match monday or tuesday when their employees get around to it... amazon rarely price matches anything on sunday
Actually, they already matched on the Cars Play Set. Just Wal-Mart price, not Target though.

Something is up with these "deals". There sure are a lot of them for a new release. I think they had this in the marketing plan somewhere.

Thanks to the OP for all the deal info.

My kids convinced me to buy this for them so I grabbed the starter set from GS with some credit & two character 3 packs from Walmart as well as a couple packs of the power discs.

I lucked out like crazy because my starter set came with the rare Dumbo power disc, and one of our packs had the rare Buzz Lightyear power disc. I'll be heading back out tomorrow to see if I can find the Lone Ranger pack at Target, and hopefully grab one package of the Toys r Us exclusive power disc packs. 

thanks again, kids are loving it

Call me an idiot but, where is this coupon for TRU so I can use it in store? Or is there an option to order online and pick up in store?,

Really don't wanna get sucked in, but so tempted since I've got a Target cpn.
That's basically why I got it. There are no other expensive (collector) releases coming around before the coupon expires. Figured getting the $75 starter pack for free would make me more likely to enjoy the game :)

I see the appeal of this game but I wish it was a little more Skylanders where everything works versus $30 dlc essentially.

There are ways to have gotten this whole shebang for close to $100 if capitalized in EVERY deal possible though. Which isn't so unreasonable I don't suppose.

That's crazy that Lone Ranger is $35 but Cars is $19.95.    I did the whole "tell us about a lower price" thing about the price Target is currently charging for Cars and Lone Ranger, and I did this yesterday, as I am sure many other people did.... it boggles my mind that Amazon dropped the price on one, but not the other.

bread's done
Back