Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread

If anyone has an extra TRU exclusive album I'll trade an exclusive Lightning McQueen for it.
I don't think the exclusive album is out yet... my question though, how the hell do you get the other exclusive discs?

And my fiancee is gonna be pissed, she just bought the regular album an hour ago or so.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think the exclusive album is out yet... my question though, how the hell do you get the other exclusive discs? And my fiancee is gonna be pissed, she just bought the regular album an hour ago or so.
Thanks. I assumed they were just sold out since my TRU had multiple empty spots were they are going to go.

So, not to bad of a day. Went to TRU at 4:30 (after driving 18 hours and hitting several TRU) and finally picked up my reserved copy. Not a McQueen anywhere to be seen. So, I ask and nothing in back as the supervisor even looked through the boxes right in front of me. Great guy. So I show him my pick up email and he says "Oh, so you preordered it huh?", in all honesty I said "Nope, just ordered it online for pick up in store." Supervisor says while winking, "Oh no you pre-ordered it, go grab another figure." I was just shocked as maybe he saw the dismay in my face or lack of sleep but I got Mike for .01 as he rang it up that way. I also bought two non exclusive discs cause they were sold out as well. If I don't find a McQueen after the truck they get tomorrow, I will be buying one from a CAG

Anybody have a list of the discs? 

I don't have any extras but I have a couple of questions.

1. All packs have one circular and one hexagonal, right? That would mean that just to collect everything you would end up with tons of extra circle discs, right?

2. When you have a texture pack or item is it permanently added to the game or only available when on the portal? Whenever I add the Wreck it Ralph sky-box it says its added to toybox but I can't tell if it's permanently there.

3. Also, does the texture pack change the music like the skybox? I love that theme music changes but I'm also looking where to change it.

Question for those with the game, to use a certain character or playset do you need to leave the figure on the stand or just put it on once to unlock them in the game?

1. All packs have one circular and one hexagonal, right? That would mean that just to collect everything you would end up with tons of extra circle discs, right?
No. It's random. Most will have 2 hexagonal since there's more of those than circular.

Question for those with the game, to use a certain character or playset do you need to leave the figure on the stand or just put it on once to unlock them in the game?
I don't yet have the game but I'm almost positive you'd need to leave them on the stand to use them. That's how Skylanders is anyway. They wouldn't sell nearly as well otherwise lol.

Picked up the triple packs and 2 play sets at best buy with price matches to Walmart and target. Then pulled out a $65 reward certificate. With a couple power discs PMed to toys r us I got $150+ worth of stuff for like $5 including tax. Cashier was stunned...

No. It's random. Most will have 2 hexagonal since there's more of those than circular.
Thanks! I'm pretty turned around on the power discs now that I know that you can get two hex ones in a pack. The TRU deal (buy one get one for a dollar), does BB or Target price match that stuff? There's not really a TRU close to me.

if anyone has ordered the starter pack from walmart.com please let me know if you do get a 15 dollar egift card that can be used on future purchases

Thanks! I'm pretty turned around on the power discs now that I know that you can get two hex ones in a pack. The TRU deal (buy one get one for a dollar), does BB or Target price match that stuff? There's not really a TRU close to me.
Neither Target or BBY would match (for me) the B1G1 for $1 Power Disc Packs, as they considered it a promotion.

remember you can feel the packs if your looking for round or hexagonal pieces. 

I don't think the exclusive album is out yet... my question though, how the hell do you get the other exclusive discs?

And my fiancee is gonna be pissed, she just bought the regular album an hour ago or so.
It was out on Sunday. I picked up the last one at my store. Really glad I did, as it holds 30 discs (including the TRU exclusive ones) instead of 20.

Also, started playing the game with the kid tonight, and had a really good time.  That is, until I opened up my sidekicks pack and tried to activate Barbossa.  I think they glued the wrong figure on the scanning disc or whatever, as it activates Mrs. Incredible.  The number on the bottom also matches the Mrs. Incredible figure.  It sucks that even after buying the sidekicks pack, we still can't play Pirates adventure mode coop because of this.  The worst part is the nearest TRU is an hour away, so it will be a while before I can get back and exchange it. Anyone else encounter a figure activating the wrong character in game?

Contacted Disney support to see if they can do anything without having to drive back to TRU.

Also, started playing the game with the kid tonight, and had a really good time. That is, until I opened up my sidekicks pack and tried to activate Barbossa. I think they glued the wrong figure on the scanning disc or whatever, as it activates Mrs. Incredible. The number on the bottom also matches the Mrs. Incredible figure. It sucks that even after buying the sidekicks pack, we still can't play Pirates adventure mode coop because of this. The worst part is the nearest TRU is an hour away, so it will be a while before I can get back and exchange it. Anyone else encounter a figure activating the wrong character in game?

Contacted Disney support to see if they can do anything without having to drive back to TRU.
rare collectible ;-)

Question for folks, anyone pick up the TRU exclusive album that has the slots for the 20 regular power discs plus the 10 exclusive ones?  Heard it was at a bunch of the TRU launches but is now at pre-order status on the site.  Curious what the other 9 exclusives are in the album outside of Mike's car since that appears to be the only one out so far.

TIP: 

Don't open the Power Disc packs. Use the infinity base at your home to show what the disc is before opening and if it's not something you like return it. Won't work on the demos at the store. Good luck. 

(•_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■  

(⌐■_■)

TIP:

Don't open the Power Disc packs. Use the infinity base at your home to show what the disc is before opening and if it's not something you like return it. Won't work on the demos at the store. Good luck.

(•_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)
Thanks for the tip.

Amazon has also matched the $14.99 price for the Villains pack. It's out of stock but they will still let you order it. Says 3-5 weeks, but I bet it's back in stock before then. I'm willing to wait if it means I don't have to go to Walmart ;)

Lot of the less rare power discs are going for $2.50-3.50 each on ebay. Might save you a bit of trouble than the blind packs which are the same price anyhow. $4.99-5.99 a pack

I'm pretty frustrated with the ps3 version.  Now i'm having a problem where I lose all audio in toy box and the only way to fix it is to start over.  To anyone with the 360 version, how does the game perform in split screen?  Any issues?

I'm pretty frustrated with the ps3 version. Now i'm having a problem where I lose all audio in toy box and the only way to fix it is to start over. To anyone with the 360 version, how does the game perform in split screen? Any issues?
Get the day 1 release patch, that should fix up a lot of issues.

Did a trade topic ever get made? I have a bunch of doubles for the power discs, if there is one could somebody post a link please?

Get the day 1 release patch, that should fix up a lot of issues.
I hope that is sarcasm.

The day 1 patch broke DI for us (as well as many other PS3 owners). My daughter played through the intro 3 times because of it locking up when it was ready for a figure. I finally looked it up only to find I had to remove the 1.01 patch and either disable my internet connection or deny the update.

http://kotaku.com/ps3-version-of-disney-infinity-locking-up-short-term-1164072959

Edit: I'm really frustrated with this issue because once they fix it, she will have to start all over again due to having to play as Guest. You would think this large of a game (with so much hype) would keep developers on their toes about day 1 gamebreaking patches.

What do u mean having to play as guest? i deleted the update and started playing the game offline. And when i first put mr. Incredible on the portal it said guest, yes. But by simply pressing the start button and clicking on the take ownership of character button i have been leveling up mr. Incredible on my psn profile (offline of course) up to level 9. Surely u dont mean i will have to start leveling him over again once i am able to sign on do u??

The character is assigned as guest after u delete the corrupted update due to the character being linked to a save file that no longer exists. By "taking ownership" it should be linked to the new save file u have been playing with offline. And as far as i know that save file should still work once the network is back up and running.

Also if u have ps+ i advise saving ur save files to the cloud so if the game does freeze again and corrupts ur save file u should be able to download ur save file that hasnt been corrupted yet from the cloud. Or atleast i would assume this method would work.

You can also feel the orange "rare" hexagonal pieces. The middle lenticular part feels ridged when you lighlty run a fingernail over it.
Thanks! Not that I sat around doing this in-store, but I did go through the unopened packs I had bought for my son earlier today and discovered that I did have one of the "rare" ones. I saved that pack for last when he opened them just now, he was super excited when he saw that Dumbo!

are the issues that are occurring with the PS3 and XBOX disney infinity also occurring with the Wii U version? I havent purchased it yet but wanted to know if anyone has experienced any problems

bread's done
Back