Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread

I'm insanely jealous of those of you getting in on the $40 Fred Meyer deal for the starter set. We don't have that store in my state.

I dig Sully, and the style of all the figures. It's almost like a comic book look to it.
That's a good way to describe it. Like a cheap cash-in comic book representation of Sully ;). I dunno - it is just cheesy to me... And the others don't really seem like that except maybe Jack Sparrow.

In any case, I guess my PS3 copy is disc-installing right now so I'll be playing in a few minutes. Both of my bigger boys (10 and 13) are interested in playing which somewhat surprised me (especially the 13 year-old as he is a Halo/Gears/Dead Rising type of gamer now).

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't played the game, I don't have kids, but I'm finding myself drawn to this in an unhealthy, gotta catch em all sort of way.

Maybe it's because I've always been a Disney fan, maybe it's because I was excited by the skylanders tech when it first came out and that had characters I could really care less about.

... this isn't going to end well

I haven't played the game, I don't have kids, but I'm finding myself drawn to this in an unhealthy, gotta catch em all sort of way.

Maybe it's because I've always been a Disney fan, maybe it's because I was excited by the skylanders tech when it first came out and that had characters I could really care less about.

No its not going to end well. It will end well for you...just not your wallet! lol

My wife and I are HUGE disney fans and LOVE collecting and we told ourselves we were going to hold out and not get anything and try and be frugal. Well.....after reading more reviews and seeing the deals that were offered this week we finally caved. Bought basically everything! (will get Francesco tomorrow, and holding out on Violet until Girl Power 3 Pack) But tomorrow i go back to TRU to find some rare power discs by scratching! Mine as well try to get a few of them while they are Buy 1 get 1 for $1.,,

So, yeah, me and my 10 year-old played through a good chunk of the Monsters U set.  It is pretty fun.  My 5 year-old will have a blast with it tomorrow.  It does seem that there is quite a bit of stuff to do - all these challenges and such.  If the other two are anything like it, there is a fair amount of content in those 3 included stories.  I just wonder how many others are locked away on that disc ;).

Has anyone opened a power pack with damaged disks? I had one with the sticker coming off. I could glue it back on, so no harm done. I was just wondering. The disk itself worked fine with the game.

My guess is that Disney did this to get a very high Day 1 adoption rate - which they seem to have gotten.

Well, it certainly worked with me. I bought WAY, WAY more than I would have bought without cherry-picking all of the sales.

I started out simply purchasing Infinity for my 9 y/o's bday at the end of the month, with little interest for myself. But as I've spent the week buying, collecting and (shamefully) scratching, I can't wait to play it now myself.

I only scratch for personal use. No eBay flipping or profiteering. And I take a little, and leave some for others.

anyone who does the scratching to sell on ebay for profit is low.. you're basically stealing from little kids.. and the rares sell for $10 or less on ebay.. so you're stealing from kids for a few dollars profit. That is the lowest of low

Agreed. It amazes me the effort someone will go through to make a few bucks, with complete disregard to how it affects others. I wonder what the unemployment rate for the eBay flippers is? My guess - 50%+

Were the 2nd Wave releases confirmed? I thought someone mentioned Violet from Incredibles being in a 2nd Wave set but it doesn't appear to be so on the wiki

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disney_Infinity#Future_releases

I only ask because I got my figure from the Microsoft Store and they shipped it terribly to the point that the package arrived with the toy already ripped open.
Someone posted this earlier in the thread: http://www.disneygeekery.com/2013/08/22/disney-infinity-series-2-packaging-released/

That I believe is series 2 but for some reason it's missing Woody. He is available for pre order at Walmart.com and is exclusive to them for 2 weeks beginning October 1st I think it is.

Are those rare discs still valuable or have they come down?
Since the market is flooded with them, they are now almost going for $5 solo.

Also, some chubby old lady on ebay managed to sell a shit-ton of them for $50 a piece. She's fucking rich now.

Has anyone opened a power pack with damaged disks? I had one with the sticker coming off. I could glue it back on, so no harm done. I was just wondering. The disk itself worked fine with the game.
I have, but all you need to do is just plop it in its place. A few people have gotten upside-down ones on ebay because of that. One guy is even trying to sell one for $500 calling it "the only one in existence", lol.

Alansaysyo has a serious fucking chip on his shoulder and needs to take that soapbox elsewhere. Not everyone who scratches packs is evil and out to screw you over.
If you're not the type of person I described in any of my posts about packet scratching, I don't even know why you bothered to respond. I clearly differentiated between people who are shopping for their kids and people who are buying EVERY SINGLE RARE disc they can find (like the woman I saw doing this with my own eyes) and selling them for profit. I have never spoken against parents buying for their children. Check the posts.

I hope the woman who I watched do this felt like an idiot. I don't care about her eBay business. I'm trying to collect one of each of these for my kid, and I don't appreciate walking into a store and having a 0% chance of getting something we don't already have because someone else put their grubby mitts on every single pack. That's a waste of my time, and the time of anyone else who is just buying these for their kids. No one likes to feel their kids are getting cheated out of a fair shot at anything.

If I kept one person from scratching and buying all the rare discs at a store, then I'm glad I posted what I did.

Really, no one should have a problem with any of my posts on the topic unless they're heading to eBay after clearing out a store.

I'm terrified that I bought into this now whole everything is cheap....
And every other playset will cost an arm and a leg!

I, too, am curious if the base itself is multi-platform. It's USB based, so should be. I've got every console and a nice gaming PC in my home. I will also have both of the new consoles once they're released and it would be nice if you could just grab a cheap used, disc only copy of the game itself and be able to use it on another system (eg: buy a $10 disc and use it on an Xbone)

If anyone is on the fence with spending all this money and potentially wasting it, I'd recommend buying Toy Story 3 the game and playing that first. 1) It's like $20 or less so you can't go wrong 2) Your kids will love it and 3) It's the same developers and the gameplay is pretty similar so you'll basically know what to expect. The Toy Box mode in that game is like the Play Sets in this game basically.

Edit: one big difference if you've played or if you do play Toy Story is the driving...the driving in Toy Story is absolutely terrible. Not nearly as bad in Infinity.

My soon-to-be 3 year old son is a huge Disney fan. He already browses the Disney Infinity YouTube videos. I'm going to try to hold off as long as I can...but this isn't going to end well (for my wallet at least) and the flood gates will open. lol.

I, too, am curious if the base itself is multi-platform. It's USB based, so should be. I've got every console and a nice gaming PC in my home. I will also have both of the new consoles once they're released and it would be nice if you could just grab a cheap used, disc only copy of the game itself and be able to use it on another system (eg: buy a $10 disc and use it on an Xbone)
I was also interested in this and found some surprising information. The 3DS base is, of course, different. The Xbox 360 base has its own model number. However, the Wii, Wii U, and PS3 all share the same base - they all have the same model number and FCC ID. All of the bases except the 3DS have the same IC number, so the guts and voltages are going to be almost identical (I guess it's USB so that's to be expected). It looks like the 360 base might just communicate a bit differently than the other versions.

Short of connecting one base to a different console, I guess we won't know for sure.

If you're not the type of person I described in any of my posts about packet scratching, I don't even know why you bothered to respond. I clearly differentiated between people who are shopping for their kids and people who are buying EVERY SINGLE RARE disc they can find (like the woman I saw doing this with my own eyes) and selling them for profit. I have never spoken against parents buying for their children. Check the posts.

I hope the woman who I watched do this felt like an idiot. I don't care about her eBay business. I'm trying to collect one of each of these for my kid, and I don't appreciate walking into a store and having a 0% chance of getting something we don't already have because someone else put their grubby mitts on every single pack. That's a waste of my time, and the time of anyone else who is just buying these for their kids. No one likes to feel their kids are getting cheated out of a fair shot at anything.

If I kept one person from scratching and buying all the rare discs at a store, then I'm glad I posted what I did.

Really, no one should have a problem with any of my posts on the topic unless they're heading to eBay after clearing out a store.
My problem is, after your initial rant, you ended it by saying:

And as long as she's happy, I'm not so bitter about the package-scratching beast woman.
... and yet, you've made several posts after the fact still ranting and raving about this woman, ebayers and pack scratchers in general. But eh, whatever.

My problem is, after your initial rant, you ended it by saying:

... and yet, you've made several posts after the fact still ranting and raving about this woman, ebayers and pack scratchers in general. But eh, whatever.
Not so bitter, but still kinda bitter? Yeah, kinda bitter.

edit: Not with the parents, though. Just the eBayers.

If anyone is on the fence with spending all this money and potentially wasting it, I'd recommend buying Toy Story 3 the game and playing that first. 1) It's like $20 or less so you can't go wrong 2) Your kids will love it and 3) It's the same developers and the gameplay is pretty similar so you'll basically know what to expect. The Toy Box mode in that game is like the Play Sets in this game basically.

Edit: one big difference if you've played or if you do play Toy Story is the driving...the driving in Toy Story is absolutely terrible. Not nearly as bad in Infinity.
This was a big reason why I wanted to get Disney Infinity for my son. The two of us played the toy box mode in Toy Story 3 all the time and he loved it so much that after we completed everything there was to do we started it over. That game exceeded all my expectations and if this is like that then I know my son will be happy (me too! :joystick: )

This was a big reason why I wanted to get Disney Infinity for my son. The two of us played the toy box mode in Toy Story 3 all the time and he loved it so much that after we completed everything there was to do we started it over. That game exceeded all my expectations and if this is like that then I know my son will be happy (me too! :joystick: )
That was my first thought when we started up Infinity for the first time, "This looks and feels alot like Toy Story 3" Especially in The Incredibles, which has the same little villager people that TS3 had.

My daughter and I logged many hours on TS3, too.

Pack scratching is real, seen a guy at my local tru "scratchin packs".
Same here. A old Asian dude. Saw him the day before at a target buying up what I guess to be rare Skylanders and Star Wars figs. I was looking for Lone Ranger and checking out Transformers. He was like a tornado snatching up stuff.

I "pack scratched" a fresh box and only found 2 rares.  Does that sound about right?  Maybe I'm just bad at it.  Either way, unless you're just doing it to scalp them on ebay, I don't see what the problem is.  None of you guys collect those Lego Minifig blind bags?  Just buying random ones without trying to "feel" what figure it is would be a nightmare and a huge waste of money.

I "pack scratched" a fresh box and only found 2 rares. Does that sound about right? Maybe I'm just bad at it. Either way, unless you're just doing it to scalp them on ebay, I don't see what the problem is. None of you guys collect those Lego Minifig blind bags? Just buying random ones without trying to "feel" what figure it is would be a nightmare and a huge waste of money.
Shhhhh... Don't try to justify scratching packs or searching Lego figs or buying rare Skylanders. The sanctimonious brigade will be on their way to your house with torches and pitchforks!

:/ my tru has a huge surplus of everything.. meanwhile crystal McQueen is completely out of stock. :/ lemme go see what eBay says.

Edit: looks like they're selling for $20ish.. :/ so I guess the hoarding begins.

$20 isn't so bad for the crystal version ... get in on the ground floor before it's December and they're going for $100 on Craigslist ;-)

This is somewhat OT, but can someone point me in the direction to Avalanche's official site?  (Avalanche is the developer of Disney Infinity)  I can't find anything at all. 

I'm mostly looking to find info on the PS3 version of the game.  Its had a few issues and has been patched but I'm trying to find out if it fixed everything or if I'm better off sticking to the 360 version.  There's a few threads on Gfaqs but I'm not seeing much of a consensus.

I'm waiting for a big discount on the starter set of this. Besides whats already been released, is Toy Story the only new playset coming out until Infinity 2 hits? (it has been confirmed that there will be 1 game a year)

My soon-to-be 3 year old son is a huge Disney fan. He already browses the Disney Infinity YouTube videos. I'm going to try to hold off as long as I can...but this isn't going to end well (for my wallet at least) and the flood gates will open. lol.
Your almost 3 year old son knows how to browse Youtube? That's incredible.

I scratched packs. :< Did til I had a set of rares, everything extra (A ton of Apu, ton being 3) are just up for trade, 1 for 1 for anything I'm missing in "commons." 0 intention of trying to profiteer off it, I just didn't want to get stuck buying them at $10 each or something. First of the 3 should be heading out on Monday, so 2 to go! :) Other than missing disks, I'm missing 3 single pack figures... and I wasn't going to get this game -.-

CURSE YOU! I blame sp00ge. It's always his fault.

Bough 8 play disc packs from Toys R Us today. (Was going to get 10 but I wanted to stay under $30.)

About half are duplicates. Bummer.

Scratched about a half-dozen packs to no avail...I guess someone already cleared 'em out.

Also, glad I bought one of the TRU exclusive packs on Sunday. They were absolutely gone today, along with the crystal lightning. (Though I'm not particularly interested in him, so no big deal.)

THAT'S IT DISNEY YOU WON!!! I finally caved in.  :bow:

After hearing all this talk about how "rare and scarce" the crystal Lightning McQueen is I did a search on Toys R Us website and luckily one store near me still had. I ended up buying crystal Lightning with Violet (I don't intend on buying the female 3 pack in the future), so the BOGO 1/2% deal didn't go to waste.

Now to wait for the starter pack to go down in price for me to actually be able to use them lol.

THAT'S IT DISNEY YOU WON!!! I finally caved in. :bow:

After hearing all this talk about how "rare and scarce" the crystal Lightning McQueen is I did a search on Toys R Us website and luckily one store near me still had. I ended up buying crystal Lightning with Violet (I don't intend on buying the female 3 pack in the future), so the BOGO 1/2% deal didn't go to waste.

Now to wait for the starter pack to go down in price for me to actually be able to use them lol.
Same here. Originally I was just gonna ignore this thing entirely but every day there was some new deal and hype.. I haven't bought the starter pack either. I'm still on the fence about if I want to just collect or actually play. A lot of reviews seem to say it's very bland and not challenging. :\

Seems like the figures are fairly equal in terms of distribution, not seeing any particular figures or sets selling out at the TRU, Target and Best Buys stores I've been to lately. For awhile I thought the cars sets might be the 'rare' sets, but it looks like they're getting solid restocks.

Hardest to find are definitely the crystal McQueen, gold TRU disc packs and the TRU 30 disc booklet. In all those cases, I had to order online for in-store pickup and haven't seen any just hanging on shelves.

Seems like the figures are fairly equal in terms of distribution, not seeing any particular figures or sets selling out at the TRU, Target and Best Buys stores I've been to lately. For awhile I thought the cars sets might be the 'rare' sets, but it looks like they're getting solid restocks.

Hardest to find are definitely the crystal McQueen, gold TRU disc packs and the TRU 30 disc booklet. In all those cases, I had to order online for in-store pickup and haven't seen any just hanging on shelves.
I imagine most figures will be readily available until at least the next wave comes out. Once they release those and need to make room for the new batch then some of this wave could become pretty hard to find. Like you said I'd guess the Cars ones (Francesco/Mater) and Dash could end up harder to find since they're only available as singles and as far as I know aren't in series 2 at all.

I scratched packs. :&lt; Did til I had a set of rares, everything extra (A ton of Apu, ton being 3) are just up for trade, 1 for 1 for anything I'm missing in "commons." 0 intention of trying to profiteer off it, I just didn't want to get stuck buying them at $10 each or something. First of the 3 should be heading out on Monday, so 2 to go! :) Other than missing disks, I'm missing 3 single pack figures... and I wasn't going to get this game -.-

CURSE YOU! I blame sp00ge. It's always his fault.
fuck you, Geo. (God, I haven't said that in YEARS :lol:)

The only people I'm pissed at really are the ones that snatched up all the TRU disc packs. There are none within at least 50 miles of here.

I just want Mike's friggin car. Everyone I've PMed had just worked out a trade with someone else. I may go to eBay tonight...

This is somewhat OT, but can someone point me in the direction to Avalanche's official site? (Avalanche is the developer of Disney Infinity) I can't find anything at all.

I'm mostly looking to find info on the PS3 version of the game. Its had a few issues and has been patched but I'm trying to find out if it fixed everything or if I'm better off sticking to the 360 version. There's a few threads on Gfaqs but I'm not seeing much of a consensus.
I played the PS3 version (patched to 1.03) for about 4 hours last night and didn't seem to have a problem except that at the end I got stuck in the Paintball section of Monsters U. The gate wouldn't open to let me out. I saved and quit there and I'm assuming I'll be OK when I start it back up. But otherwise, no glitches or freezes or anything in else in 4 hours, with half of that being splitscreen with my son. (Then I went back and played by myself late at night ;)). FYI - I already have 21% of the trophies...

iO,

I have about 4 hrs invested as well and am at about the same percentage trophy wise.
I have had no glitches and even tho I have the guide, I haven't cracked it open once. I am still on the first world, MU, and I am still tickled pink that I bought it.
My brother has it as well and has been playing it with his son (who's 5) and he said he loves the fact that he can run off and work on things (quests) while his son just throws characters and rides around on things. Skylanders, you were forced to stay together. DI, you don't have to do that which is very nice.
Collecting is addicting and dangerous for your pocket.
Don't say you aint been warned. Haha.

I have to say I'm less impressed by the hexagons and power circles after playing the game.  Everyone here was talking up the Buzz "ship" one which I did manage to get.  Uh, it is a little tiny, super-slow moving car from the Buzz ride at Disneyland.  Yeah, I'm not feeling it.  And after visiting the Hall of Heroes and seeing how many blank spaces there are, I think I can very much resist the pull to collect everything.  I am probably going to TRU today to get a few more packs just to have some (for one thing I don't have a single circle yet - just hexes) to mess around with.  But by no means do I feel the need to collect them all.  They went too far with those to make me feel like I need to get them all.  If there was about 1/4 of what they have, then maybe... Same with the figures to be honest as there are ones I've never even heard of before (like the "Frozen" characters).

So from here on out it will be the playsets, obviously, since those add a lot of gameplay and value.  And then maybe a few "must have" figures like Woody and Wreck-It-Ralph.  But otherwise, unless there are irresistible deals, I think I'll hold back.

The one play set I don't have yet is Lone Ranger.  Is that as fun as the MU one?  I can swing by a Target and see if they still have one as I might as well get it for that price and hold on to it (like I am with the Cars one) in case they get scarce later or there is never a better deal.

The one play set I don't have yet is Lone Ranger. Is that as fun as the MU one? I can swing by a Target and see if they still have one as I might as well get it for that price and hold on to it (like I am with the Cars one) in case they get scarce later or there is never a better deal.
I've played MU and Lone Ranger the most and I love the LR set. Horseback riding, shooting stuff from train cars, wide open spaces; it's very much Red Dead lite.

I have to say I'm less impressed by the hexagons and power circles after playing the game. Everyone here was talking up the Buzz "ship" one which I did manage to get. Uh, it is a little tiny, super-slow moving car from the Buzz ride at Disneyland. Yeah, I'm not feeling it. And after visiting the Hall of Heroes and seeing how many blank spaces there are, I think I can very much resist the pull to collect everything. I am probably going to TRU today to get a few more packs just to have some (for one thing I don't have a single circle yet - just hexes) to mess around with. But by no means do I feel the need to collect them all. They went too far with those to make me feel like I need to get them all. If there was about 1/4 of what they have, then maybe... Same with the figures to be honest as there are ones I've never even heard of before (like the "Frozen" characters).

So from here on out it will be the playsets, obviously, since those add a lot of gameplay and value. And then maybe a few "must have" figures like Woody and Wreck-It-Ralph. But otherwise, unless there are irresistible deals, I think I'll hold back.

The one play set I don't have yet is Lone Ranger. Is that as fun as the MU one? I can swing by a Target and see if they still have one as I might as well get it for that price and hold on to it (like I am with the Cars one) in case they get scarce later or there is never a better deal.
Yeah, the discs are pretty worthless but I still feel the need to collect them all...

This might be stupid, but I was thinking about it today ... I'm disappointed that the Cars set has characters from the sub-par second film, as opposed to the first film. I understand the reasoning, because kids will be more excited about characters from the more recent film, but it sort of cheapens the set for me. If Disney completely sells out on this and starts adding characters  from "Planes" and other awful Disney cash-ins, I can't see myself really staying interested. Hopefully there will be some sort of quality control and we won't be seeing characters from Peter Pan 2 or Aladdin and the King of Thieves ... or the current Disney channel.

.. Maybe I'm just old ...

I definitely agree. My son and I still play the Toy Story 3 game. If you have both, get the PS3 version since that version you can also play as Zurg for the Toy Box mode and there's also a PS Move target game too for it.

My brother has it as well and has been playing it with his son (who's 5) and he said he loves the fact that he can run off and work on things (quests) while his son just throws characters and rides around on things. Skylanders, you were forced to stay together. DI, you don't have to do that which is very nice.
Yes, I love this feature as well. It makes it a lot easier to actually unlock things in the game without frustration! To tell you the truth, I like this game much better than Skylanders!

bread's done
Back