DJMAX Technika Tune VITA LIMITED EDITION preorder, only 750 total $100

Gosha

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
http://www.technikatune.com/
482920_415571475171124_1956579389_n.jpg

Just announced on the DJ Max facebook. DJMAX TECHNIKA TUNE Limited Edition pre-orders start on Monday, September 24th. Limited to 750 pieces, the preorder includes all of the following:

-DJMAX TECHNIKA TUNE PS®Vita game
-2 Disc Original Soundtrack for DJMAX TECHNIKA TUNE
-DJMAX TECHNIKA TUNE VISUAL BOOK featuring artwork from the game
-DJMAX TECHNIKA TUNE Hand Strap
-DJMAX TECHNIKA TUNE Screen Cleaner
-DJMAX TECHNIKA TUNE branded armored PS®Vita game case
-DJMAX TECHNIKA TUNE PS®Vita Pouch

The Limited Edition will be sold for $100 and is available for purchase exclusively on www.technikatune.com

The normal edition comes out in October 26th for $49.99 as well.

http://www.bemanistyle.com/forum/co...o-the-US-on-October-26th-Preorders-begin-9-24

Anyone interested in how it plays...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLTlzfWSLIM

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Pheria']12:03:36 order time and no cancellation (yet). Here's to hoping.

If it gets canceled I'm going to kick myself for taking the time to type in a new credit card to use rather than just doing an instant transfer on PayPal.[/QUOTE]

I used PayPal to save time. I got in when stock was around 29.

I ordered at 12:02/12:03 and got the cancelation email. Bummer, but I guess I can use the money on other things.

Got my tracking too...

Pentavision is acting like an amateur eBay seller who got screwed over one to many times though...

I mean seriously they pick UPS, charged padded UPS prices and then put Signature Confirmation on a ~ $120 shipment?

Small time I suppose

[quote name='GBAstar']Got my tracking too...

Pentavision is acting like an amateur eBay seller who got screwed over one to many times though...

I mean seriously they pick UPS, charged padded UPS prices and then put Signature Confirmation on a ~ $120 shipment?

Small time I suppose[/QUOTE]

They are a tiny company and they only sold 750 units of this thing. If the game is damaged or stolen, they don't want to be stuck with the loss. UPS is much better at claim handling than USPS as far as promptly and fully paying out damage or loss claims. Also, the UPS rates they charged are actual UPS rates. I checked the label on the unit I received during the initial sale and it was within a few pennies of actual UPS rates.

[quote name='bojay1997']They are a tiny company and they only sold 750 units of this thing. If the game is damaged or stolen, they don't want to be stuck with the loss. UPS is much better at claim handling than USPS as far as promptly and fully paying out damage or loss claims. Also, the UPS rates they charged are actual UPS rates. I checked the label on the unit I received during the initial sale and it was within a few pennies of actual UPS rates.[/QUOTE]

For 3lbs they could have shipped it priority mail (2-3 day) to almost anywhere for no more then $10 and presumably less to areas in their region or if they used regional priority boxes.

UPS ground for most is going to be about 5 business days. I would much rather take the risk of an item being in USPS care for 2-3 days then UPS for 5; especially for a fraction of the cost. Not to mention they could have gotten these to their Global audience for about $50-$60 by USPS Express instead of the $100+ that UPS was charging.

[Cue the "POST OFFICE SUX" rants]

They also could have insured these for about $1 using a third party insurer.

And signature confirmation is ridiculous and a wasted expense on their behalf; no credit card company (or PayPal) requires it on a shipment less then $250 and it won't help win a dispute on a shipment of this value.

Small business or not they aren't using much business sense.

[quote name='GBAstar']Got my tracking too...

Small time I suppose[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing you've never actually used UPS before.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I'm guessing you've never actually used UPS before.[/QUOTE]

Nope. Never. Not Once. I have no experience shipping items. :roll:

[quote name='GBAstar']Nope. Never. Not Once. I have no experience shipping items. :roll:[/QUOTE]

The reasoning behind using UPS has already been stated. Complaining about them not using USPS after you've been told why they don't is just stupid. :roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

[quote name='GBAstar']For 3lbs they could have shipped it priority mail (2-3 day) to almost anywhere for no more then $10 and presumably less to areas in their region or if they used regional priority boxes.

UPS ground for most is going to be about 5 business days. I would much rather take the risk of an item being in USPS care for 2-3 days then UPS for 5; especially for a fraction of the cost. Not to mention they could have gotten these to their Global audience for about $50-$60 by USPS Express instead of the $100+ that UPS was charging.

And signature confirmation is ridiculous and a wasted expense on their behalf; no credit card company (or PayPal) requires it on a shipment less then $250 and it won't help win a dispute on a shipment of this value.

Small business or not they aren't using much business sense.[/QUOTE]

Signature confirmation is a good and cheap way to avoid fraud from people claiming someone else signed for something and then stole it. USPS has terrible package handling and tracking. Have you ever tried to find out where a misrouted package is by speaking to someone on USPS's 1-800 number? How about trying to track something shipped USPS internationally? As soon as it leaves the US, they basically direct you to the receiving postal service and if it's lost or stolen, good luck filing a claim.

Frankly, I am pretty disgusted by all the complaints people had against Pentavision. They actually manufactured a really neat and limited collector's edition and yet it still wasn't enough for people. If the UPS charges are too much for you, perhaps you shouldn't be buying $100 games.

[quote name='GBAstar']For 3lbs they could have shipped it priority mail (2-3 day) to almost anywhere for no more then $10 and presumably less to areas in their region or if they used regional priority boxes.

Small business or not they aren't using much business sense.[/QUOTE]

This is an absolutely foolish post.

Thank You Pentavision for making a great game, a well thought-out LE, carefully packing it, Insuring it and making sure I get it.

i prefer ups... usps totally sucks (delivers my stuff to a neighbor's house, loses my packages that i mail out) and i like that penta put signature confirmation that way i receive the package for sure.

i got my confirmation, order #2307. it should be here tmr since i live 30min away

[quote name='Lei']i prefer ups... usps totally sucks (delivers my stuff to a neighbor's house, loses my packages that i mail out) and i like that penta put signature confirmation that way i receive the package for sure.

i got my confirmation, order #2307. it should be here tmr since i live 30min away[/QUOTE]

....and that's why I was annoyed when I found out this shipped ups only. I'm on the east coast. Ups ground = $20 and two weeks delivery time. USPS = $10 and a guarantee 2-3 day delivery. Cheaper and faster. Plus ups ruined my last package that was delivered.

[quote name='Romeo']....and that's why I was annoyed when I found out this shipped ups only. I'm on the east coast. Ups ground = $20 and two weeks delivery time. USPS = $10 and a guarantee 2-3 day delivery. Cheaper and faster. Plus ups ruined my last package that was delivered.[/QUOTE]

USPS doesn't guarantee any of there mail with in any time frame, it gets there when it gets there period. UPS Ground from West to East is 5 days max and is guaranteed and insured for the first $100.

Where do you get your info from? You really do like bitching about stuff don't you.

[quote name='skiizim']USPS doesn't guarantee any of there mail with in any time frame, it gets there when it gets there period. UPS Ground from West to East is 5 days max and is guaranteed and insured for the first $100.

Where do you get your info from? You really do like bitching about stuff don't you.[/QUOTE]

Please knock it off already, it's annoying.

USPS priority mail is guaranteed 2-3 business days. Ups ground is 5 days, you are right. For me it's two weeks because if they ship on a Tuesday, as they did, I won't get the package until Wednesday the following week because of the weekend.

I know it's the only option for them and I'm not disputing that, it's just unfortunate. And regards to my last interaction, ups INTENTIONALLY avoided putting my last $200 shipment on my porch but on my step in front of my porch, leaving it in the pouring rain for ten hours, ruining an item inside. It was not an accident, it was malicious.

The Post Office didn't collect an outgoing bill from my mailbox once. When I called them to ask why they didn't, I was told "We don't have to go to your house every day. How are we supposed to know if you have outgoing mail?"

I cringe whenever somebody doesn't ship via UPS.

[quote name='Romeo']Please knock it off already, it's annoying.

USPS priority mail is guaranteed 2-3 business days. Ups ground is 5 days, you are right. For me it's two weeks because if they ship on a Tuesday, as they did, I won't get the package until Wednesday the following week because of the weekend.

I know it's the only option for them and I'm not disputing that, it's just unfortunate. And regards to my last interaction, ups INTENTIONALLY avoided putting my last $200 shipment on my porch but on my step in front of my porch, leaving it in the pouring rain for ten hours, ruining an item inside. It was not an accident, it was malicious.[/QUOTE]

Oh please.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Oh please.[/QUOTE]

Did you even bother reading what I wrote? It was pouring. I have a porch with an awning. The package was left on the top step just before the awning and not on the actual porch. The package was not bagged which is required if raining.

Mine shipped yesterday to my relief, thanks for letting me know about the signature confirmation, I'll have to sleep next to the door since I work nights and sleep days. I hate sc, but I guess people in apartments and close quarters and whatnot could have a use for verification.

[quote name='redroversk']Mine shipped yesterday to my relief, thanks for letting me know about the signature confirmation, I'll have to sleep next to the door since I work nights and sleep days. I hate sc, but I guess people in apartments and close quarters and whatnot could have a use for verification.[/QUOTE]

:twisted:
When I read this all I heard was Vampire Smiley.

[quote name='MrBoss']They most likely will inflate the price.[/QUOTE]

It's possible they produced more than 750. Companies selling out of a "limited" CE and then producing more isnt exactly unheard of.

Checkout should at least offer the option to go USPS.

It seems like the people who have a problem with USPS just have problems that are unique to their post office, residence, etc. Um, OK, but what about the rest of the country who aren't in your shoes? I would wager most people don't have recurring problems with their post office.

Most UPS shipments from Pentavision will be slower and more expensive than Priority Mail. Also, the whole SIGNATURE CONFIRMATION thing isn't unique to UPS, guys.

[quote name='cakefoo']Checkout should at least offer the option to go USPS.

It seems like the people who have a problem with USPS just have problems that are unique to their post office, residence, etc. Um, OK, but what about the rest of the country who aren't in your shoes? I would wager most people don't have recurring problems with their post office.

Most UPS shipments from Pentavision will be slower and more expensive than Priority Mail. Also, the whole SIGNATURE CONFIRMATION thing isn't unique to UPS, guys.[/QUOTE]

What is the point of even raising this issue? They chose to use UPS for a variety of reasons they already explained. If you don't like their choice, feel free never to order from them. All 750 copies sold out and those of us who have the game love it, so your opinion on the matter is totally irrelevant. When you start your own small game publisher, feel free to offer as many shipping options as you want.

[quote name='Drclaw411']It's possible they produced more than 750. Companies selling out of a "limited" CE and then producing more isnt exactly unheard of.[/QUOTE]

Not possible. Would be illegal.

"only 750 made"

[quote name='cakefoo']Checkout should at least offer the option to go USPS.

Most UPS shipments from Pentavision will be slower and more expensive than Priority Mail. Also, the whole SIGNATURE CONFIRMATION thing isn't unique to UPS, guys.[/QUOTE]

Signature confirmation isn't unique to to UPS but it is a wasted service on a $100 purchase. Please argue otherwise :roll:

Signature confirmation doesn't add any extra protection for Pentavision (You do understand that anyone at the residence can sign for the package---TRUE) as it isn't required by the CC companies (or PayPal) until the value of the package hits $250. All it does is increase the cost of the package and inconveniences customers that may be at work.

Also you are not getting any additional benefit from them going UPS ground vs Priority Mail. It is actually going to cost both Pentavision and the consumer more money. Hell they could have gone USPS and spent the extra $10 on packing materials.

Are they sending their standard games UPS?

Are they sending their other items UPS?

No? Weird....

Also going solely UPS is a good way to alienate yourself from fans that may live in Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, on military bases, or outside the United States which kind of negates the whole "They did it for the fans... derrrr"

The cost of the item doesn't bother me; what is irritating is that people are "Brent Musberger'ing (I don't expect you all to get the reference) Pentavision when they really haven't provided good customer service at any phase but I guess localizing a game does make them heroic.....

[quote name='Drclaw411']It's possible they produced more than 750. Companies selling out of a "limited" CE and then producing more isnt exactly unheard of.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Romeo']Not possible. Would be illegal.

"only 750 made"[/QUOTE]

^ Yeah exactly. Pentavision cares about their fans... if they live in the continental US (i.e. where UPS will deliver w/o additional surcharges).

[quote name='bojay1997']What is the point of even raising this issue? They chose to use UPS for a variety of reasons they already explained. If you don't like their choice, feel free never to order from them. All 750 copies sold out and those of us who have the game love it, so your opinion on the matter is totally irrelevant. When you start your own small game publisher, feel free to offer as many shipping options as you want.[/QUOTE]

Can you please elaborate on what those "Variety of issues" are?

I can't critique a business decision made by Pentavision because..... Seems like EA/Capcom is fair game

Did all 750 copies sell out? If so what is Play Asia selling? If it is an allotment of the 750 from Pentavision it's not very fan friendly of them to give so many to one entity.

[quote name='GBAstar']Signature confirmation isn't unique to to UPS but it is a wasted service on a $100 purchase. Please argue otherwise :roll:

Signature confirmation doesn't add any extra protection for Pentavision (You do understand that anyone at the residence can sign for the package---TRUE) as it isn't required by the CC companies (or PayPal) until the value of the package hits $250. All it does is increase the cost of the package and inconveniences customers that may be at work.

Also you are not getting any additional benefit from them going UPS ground vs Priority Mail. It is actually going to cost both Pentavision and the consumer more money. Hell they could have gone USPS and spent the extra $10 on packing materials.

Are they sending their standard games UPS?

Are they sending their other items UPS?

No? Weird....

Also going solely UPS is a good way to alienate yourself from fans that may live in Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, on military bases, or outside the United States which kind of negates the whole "They did it for the fans... derrrr"

The cost of the item doesn't bother me; what is irritating is that people are "Brent Musberger'ing (I don't expect you all to get the reference) Pentavision when they really haven't provided good customer service at any phase but I guess localizing a game does make them heroic.....[/QUOTE]

Actually, the whole process went very smoothly from my perspective. I was able to order easily the first day it was offered, the reasons for using shipping via UPS were fully explained on their Facebook prior to the sale and throughout the several delays, they kept everyone updated via Facebook as to the status. They also packed the item well and other than some shrinkwrap that was a little flawed on my game box, I really had no complaints. You can disagree with their choices, but I have had far more problems with ordering things from large publishers who use the very crappy Digital River (orders disappearing, never processing, arriving damaged, etc...) than I ever had with Pentavision.

[quote name='GBAstar']^ Yeah exactly. Pentavision cares about their fans... if they live in the continental US (i.e. where UPS will deliver w/o additional surcharges).

Can you please elaborate on what those "Variety of issues" are?

I can't critique a business decision made by Pentavision because..... Seems like EA/Capcom is fair game

Did all 750 copies sell out? If so what is Play Asia selling? If it is an allotment of the 750 from Pentavision it's not very fan friendly of them to give so many to one entity.[/QUOTE]

Pentavision has used other vendors for shipping before and had bad experiences. Simple as that. I personally prefer UPS for shipping parcels as they are the easiest and fastest to deal with if something is stolen, lost or damaged. I have never had UPS deny a claim or attempt to blame me for a problem which is something I can't say about USPS or FedEx. Your experience might be different and that's fine, but Pentavision is entitled to make whatever choices they wish about their product. Obviously, most people get that and therefore they sold out. Like I said, if you don't like anything about their choices, feel free not to ever order from them again. I am certain when the next iteration of this game releases, it will sell out again with or without your purchase.

I have no idea what Play Asia is selling and either do you. Why would it matter anyway?

[quote name='bojay1997']What is the point of even raising this issue? They chose to use UPS for a variety of reasons they already explained. If you don't like their choice, feel free never to order from them. All 750 copies sold out and those of us who have the game love it, so your opinion on the matter is totally irrelevant. When you start your own small game publisher, feel free to offer as many shipping options as you want.[/QUOTE]Since when did Pentavision become your buddy? Why are you blindly defending them from what is a valid criticism?

The whole "don't like it? don't buy it! they'll sell out without your help!" is a bunch of fanboy bs. Chris Crocker, is that you?

[quote name='GBAstar']Signature confirmation isn't unique to to UPS but it is a wasted service on a $100 purchase. Please argue otherwise :roll:[/QUOTE]We're on the same page. I was responding to the praise about UPS and signature confirmation, for the people who act like it's necessary.

Bottom line is Pentavision is using UPS for their own reasons. If you don't like it, don't support it. Whining about it serves no purpose.

[quote name='Romeo']....and that's why I was annoyed when I found out this shipped ups only. I'm on the east coast. Ups ground = $20 and two weeks delivery time. USPS = $10 and a guarantee 2-3 day delivery. Cheaper and faster. Plus ups ruined my last package that was delivered.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Romeo']Please knock it off already, it's annoying.

USPS priority mail is guaranteed 2-3 business days. Ups ground is 5 days, you are right. For me it's two weeks because if they ship on a Tuesday, as they did, I won't get the package until Wednesday the following week because of the weekend. [/QUOTE]

How is that 2 weeks. Its 8 days.

As for "alienating your fans from alaska etc". There was 750 copies, im sure they arent worried that they wouldn't sell out. If you decide to live in outlying harder to reach areas, you cant expect everything.

Military bases?, UPS will deliver to the closest UPS store for bases on request, so the customer can go pick it up. A lot of business' use UPS exclusively. So your whole rant about Pentavision is really about UPS. My business ships exclusively UPS, why?, because its a pain in the ass to chase down any other carrier. USPS is a no go if the customer doesnt receive the item (or does and claims they didnt), and FedEx is a joke. Sometimes it makes more business sense to cover your ass and do well to most areas that to include the 4 corners of the earth and lose money in the process.

[quote name='Reraise']How is that 2 weeks. Its 8 days.

As for "alienating your fans from alaska etc". There was 750 copies, im sure they arent worried that they wouldn't sell out. If you decide to live in outlying harder to reach areas, you cant expect everything.

Military bases?, UPS will deliver to the closest UPS store for bases on request, so the customer can go pick it up. A lot of business' use UPS exclusively. So your whole rant about Pentavision is really about UPS. My business ships exclusively UPS, why?, because its a pain in the ass to chase down any other carrier. USPS is a no go if the customer doesnt receive the item (or does and claims they didnt), and FedEx is a joke. Sometimes it makes more business sense to cover your ass and do well to most areas that to include the 4 corners of the earth and lose money in the process.
.[/QUOTE]

Really? UPS ships to APO / FPO addresses? huh...

[quote name='gettinmoney662']He said the closest UPS store.[/QUOTE]

You must make every effort to obtain a street address. If a shipper should use a P.O. Box address, the recipient´s telephone number must be included on the label. Your package that is addressed to a P.O. Box may be delayed, will not be covered by any UPS Service Guarantee, and will require an address correction charge. Army Post Office (APO) and Fleet Post Office (FPO) addresses are not accepted.

http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/resources/ship/packaging/guidelines/how_to4.html

Not accepted is different from "closest UPS location" but I'm assuming you don't know what APO/FPO addresses represent.

[quote name='GBAstar']You must make every effort to obtain a street address. If a shipper should use a P.O. Box address, the recipient´s telephone number must be included on the label. Your package that is addressed to a P.O. Box may be delayed, will not be covered by any UPS Service Guarantee, and will require an address correction charge. Army Post Office (APO) and Fleet Post Office (FPO) addresses are not accepted.

http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/resources/ship/packaging/guidelines/how_to4.html

Not accepted is different from "closest UPS location" but I'm assuming you don't know what APO/FPO addresses represent.[/QUOTE]

How many military recipients outside of the United States would you speculate had an interest in ordering this and wanted it delivered directly to their base? I would suspect it was zero. I also think there is an excellent chance the package would be destroyed enroute given my experience shipping items well packed to the Gulf and other regions where family members were deployed. There is also no accurate way to track delivery at most US installations around the world and insurance is a non-starter because USPS always claims they only handled it until it was turned over to the military.

Is it possible that maybe this collector's edition was made for the United States and not intended to be shipped around the world? Do you get mad at Best Buy or other large retailers that won't ship overseas or even give you a choice of carrier? Amazon uses Ontrac for many of my packages now and the damage rate has climbed. Should I stop using Amazon or just accept that's part of what I get when I deal with them? Please give it a rest, nobody cares about your hatred of Pentavision.

[quote name='GBAstar']You must make every effort to obtain a street address. If a shipper should use a P.O. Box address, the recipient´s telephone number must be included on the label. Your package that is addressed to a P.O. Box may be delayed, will not be covered by any UPS Service Guarantee, and will require an address correction charge. Army Post Office (APO) and Fleet Post Office (FPO) addresses are not accepted.

Not accepted is different from "closest UPS location" but I'm assuming you don't know what APO/FPO addresses represent.[/QUOTE]

Once again, he did not say AFO/FPO addresses were accepted, he said they could have the package shipped to their closest UPS store. I'm assuming you're an idiot.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Once again, he did not say AFO/FPO addresses were accepted, he said they could have the package shipped to their closest UPS store. I'm assuming you're an idiot.[/QUOTE]

You realize that APO and FPO are for those stationed overseas. So which closest UPS store would that?

[quote name='GBAstar']You realize that APO and FPO are for those stationed overseas. So which closest UPS store would that?[/QUOTE]

I stated that military bases can opt to have it delivered to the closest UPS store.

Seeing as UPS wont deliver outside the USA, i figured you were smart enough to realize that i was talking continental US only. I guess you just proved you arent. Either that, or your out of arguments and now clutching at straws for something to keep whining about.

There is ABSOLUTELY nothing stopping someone having a family member receive this order and ship it to their APO/FPO for them. Or does that make too much sense. Are you about to argue that soldier have no family to ship them things like this or some other ridiculous argument?

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread blew up when word got out there would be more... there was so much excitement. So, who got theirs in aready? Let's see some pics!

[quote name='Romeo']This thread blew up when word got out there would be more... there was so much excitement. So, who got theirs in aready? Let's see some pics![/QUOTE]

When mine gets here on Tuesday (assuming I'm around to sign for it) I'll let you know.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']I got mine about a month ago (and I freaking love it!). Once I get back to town, I'll upload some pics.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='GBAstar']When mine gets here on Tuesday (assuming I'm around to sign for it) I'll let you know.[/QUOTE]

Awesome guys! I'm just surprised there's so much hype here but not much talk of the game itself or the community aspect of it.

Did everyone/will everyone open their copy?

[quote name='Romeo']Awesome guys! I'm just surprised there's so much hype here but not much talk of the game itself or the community aspect of it.

Did everyone/will everyone open their copy?[/QUOTE]

Yup, I opened and played the hell out of it on day one. It's awesome though I am still getting used to the back touchpad replacing the sequence and hold notes.

bread's done
Back