DJMAX Technika Tune VITA LIMITED EDITION preorder, only 750 total $100

Gosha

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
http://www.technikatune.com/
482920_415571475171124_1956579389_n.jpg

Just announced on the DJ Max facebook. DJMAX TECHNIKA TUNE Limited Edition pre-orders start on Monday, September 24th. Limited to 750 pieces, the preorder includes all of the following:

-DJMAX TECHNIKA TUNE PS®Vita game
-2 Disc Original Soundtrack for DJMAX TECHNIKA TUNE
-DJMAX TECHNIKA TUNE VISUAL BOOK featuring artwork from the game
-DJMAX TECHNIKA TUNE Hand Strap
-DJMAX TECHNIKA TUNE Screen Cleaner
-DJMAX TECHNIKA TUNE branded armored PS®Vita game case
-DJMAX TECHNIKA TUNE PS®Vita Pouch

The Limited Edition will be sold for $100 and is available for purchase exclusively on www.technikatune.com

The normal edition comes out in October 26th for $49.99 as well.

http://www.bemanistyle.com/forum/co...o-the-US-on-October-26th-Preorders-begin-9-24

Anyone interested in how it plays...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLTlzfWSLIM

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Romeo']It charged me $19 for shipping. If they don't reimburse me for that I'm be filing a paypal dispute. Nowhere did it say the LE wasn't eligible for free shipping until AFTER I checked out.[/QUOTE]

The Facebook post mentioned shipping would be charged, and the website mentioned you needed to select the free shipping option (which wasn't available for the LE). Is this something Paypal would come through on? I was hoping for free shipping too because of the notice too, but I'm not counting on it.
In the meantime, I'm very happy I was able to get one.

[quote name='Romeo']It charged me $19 for shipping. If they don't reimburse me for that I'm be filing a paypal dispute. Nowhere did it say the LE wasn't eligible for free shipping until AFTER I checked out.[/QUOTE]

Free Shipping for all orders in the U.S.!

Free flat rate priority shipping for all domestic orders (US & Minor Outlying Islands)*. Just choose "Free Shipping" at checkout!
Our office is closed from 12/29/12 - 1/1/13. All orders placed in this timeframe will begin shipping once business reumes after the holiday (1/2).

^ Lol. I didn't even notice that until you mentioned it.

I got both the LE and DJ Max Technika 2 Singature Collection OST and shipping was $19. When I refreshed the page there were ~ 30 left in stock and I thought I'd miss out because I hadn't previously created an account.

A little disappointed I had to use PayPal even though they advertised that they accepted Credit Cards but I'll live.

Glad i picked it up this time around.

Balls. Missed it by *that* much. Created an account, populated the shipping address ahead of time. Added to cart w/ indicated 13 left, then probably hesitated too long on the payment selection screen.

Soooo... Anything nice w/ the regular boxed copy? Reversible insert? Manual? Otherwise, I guess w/ this opportunity to get an LE gone, I guess I'll just get the downloadable version unless there's some nice physical things in the boxed copy.

[quote name='SourTaxi']Well the preorders had to pay shipping I think, so it was kind of expected for me.[/QUOTE]

Well for one when you go to the site there is a huge ad across the page that says FREE SHIPPING ON ALL US ORDERS.

"Limited Edition is excluded from free shipping. All orders ship within 1 business day."

it's on the page in unbolded text

I like how they say FREE SHIPPING ON ALL US ORDERS. Then right below it says limited edition excluded. They only sell 4 itmes on the website, kind of ironic to say "ALL" then right after say expect.

My face is red and I almost had a heart attack, but I got one in time. Cost me $116, must be some heavy stuff in the box?

I would just like to thank all the preorders that died to make my order happen, I've had the technika tune page bookmarked in vein for the past 5 months and now I can delete it, thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='redroversk']My face is red and I almost had a heart attack, but I got one in time. Cost me $116, must be some heavy stuff in the box?[/QUOTE]

Nope. I think it weighs 3lbs.

The reason why shipping costs so much is that they are using UPS, most likely at actual cost (I doubt they do enough volume to qualify for a discount) and furthermore they are probably padding the shipping cost to cover supplies and labor.

I'm not all that upset by it because I actually wanted this and knew about the high shipping costs from when they were taking preorders.

[quote name='GBAstar']Free Shipping for all orders in the U.S.!

Free flat rate priority shipping for all domestic orders (US & Minor Outlying Islands)*. Just choose "Free Shipping" at checkout!
Our office is closed from 12/29/12 - 1/1/13. All orders placed in this timeframe will begin shipping once business reumes after the holiday (1/2).

^ Lol. I didn't even notice that until you mentioned it.

I got both the LE and DJ Max Technika 2 Singature Collection OST and shipping was $19. When I refreshed the page there were ~ 30 left in stock and I thought I'd miss out because I hadn't previously created an account.

A little disappointed I had to use PayPal even though they advertised that they accepted Credit Cards but I'll live.

Glad i picked it up this time around.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Lei']"Limited Edition is excluded from free shipping. All orders ship within 1 business day."

it's on the page in unbolded text[/QUOTE]

See above. Originally the 'LE not included' part was not on the website, I have a screenshot of it.

[quote name='Romeo']See above. Originally the 'LE not included' part was not on the website, I have a screenshot of it.[/QUOTE]

I didn't take a screen shot of it but Romeo is correct in that they added the following text after it sold out:

Originally Posted by Lei
"Limited Edition is excluded from free shipping. All orders ship within 1 business day."

it's on the page in unbolded text

Not a big deal to me but I can see why others would be upset; furthermore I did not go through their facebook page (I doubt many did).

[quote name='Banana Peel Assassin']true, they seem to be covering their asses...

...but to be fair they did warn us on their facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/djmaxofficial/posts/457272497667688[/QUOTE]

[quote name='GBAstar']I didn't take a screen shot of it but Romeo is correct in that they added the following text after it sold out:

Not a big deal to me but I can see why others would be upset; furthermore I did not go through their facebook page (I doubt many did).[/QUOTE]

I'm with ya GBA. I don't use facebook, I found out about the LE in stock here on CAG. I'm a bit put off having to pay an extra $20 for it when it was not expected.

Stop whining, we all had to pay $20 for shipping. You didn't "have" to pay shipping. You were free to cancel the order before submitting it.

lol. yeah, I knew I'd be shooting myself in the foot for mentioning the facebook post. The notice should've be posted on the sale page. Either way, not a big deal to me. I'm more than happy with my purchase.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Stop whining, we all had to pay $20 for shipping. You didn't "have" to pay shipping. You were free to cancel the order before submitting it.[/QUOTE]

You are correct, EXCEPT before I placed the order the website clearly stated "free shipping on ALL orders", no exclusions. I know there was not an intentional lie, just a mistake, but when you believe you're total cost is $100, not $120, it's off-putting.

Same thing as a company advertising item X on sale in an ad, then you go to the store and there's a notice saying there was a mistake with the pricing in the ad. Yeah it sucks, but you invested your time and planned on buying product X for Y price, and now the price is Z.

[quote name='Romeo']You are correct, EXCEPT before I placed the order the website clearly stated "free shipping on ALL orders", no exclusions. I know there was not an intentional lie, just a mistake, but when you believe you're total cost is $100, not $120, it's off-putting.

Same thing as a company advertising item X on sale in an ad, then you go to the store and there's a notice saying there was a mistake with the pricing in the ad. Yeah it sucks, but you invested your time and planned on buying product X for Y price, and now the price is Z.[/QUOTE]

How much time did you invest? 30 seconds to hit add to cart and then go to the page where you find out how much shipping is?

[quote name='Romeo']You are correct, EXCEPT before I placed the order the website clearly stated "free shipping on ALL orders", no exclusions. I know there was not an intentional lie, just a mistake, but when you believe you're total cost is $100, not $120, it's off-putting.

Same thing as a company advertising item X on sale in an ad, then you go to the store and there's a notice saying there was a mistake with the pricing in the ad. Yeah it sucks, but you invested your time and planned on buying product X for Y price, and now the price is Z.[/QUOTE]

Sure, but the shipping was added in before you clicked confirm on Paypal. As such, you could have backed out at that point. Frankly, the only reason extra copies were available is because of cancellations prompted by delays or complaints from people about the shipping costs. To now complain about something that led to you being able to buy something you otherwise wouldn't have been able to buy is really the height of silliness. If you don't want the item, the company responds quickly to e-mails and they will be happy to refund your money.

Yes, except that at the point you are aware of the change. You either suck it up and pay Z, which you did, or you don't buy it. So why are we even still talking about this? I saw the notice for free shipping too which I thought was cool, and when I realized I wasn't going to get it I paid the money for shipping.

The page only said free shipping because they wern't selling the LE when they wrote it. It's a small company who made a mistake... And they won't honor it because they hardly sell enough games to cover a blow like that.

[quote name='dafunkk12']Balls. Missed it by *that* much. Created an account, populated the shipping address ahead of time. Added to cart w/ indicated 13 left, then probably hesitated too long on the payment selection screen.

Soooo... Anything nice w/ the regular boxed copy? Reversible insert? Manual? Otherwise, I guess w/ this opportunity to get an LE gone, I guess I'll just get the downloadable version unless there's some nice physical things in the boxed copy.[/QUOTE]

Nope, nothing fancy. just the game. Better off buying it on PSN just in case the Vita 2 doesn't take vita cards.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Stop whining, we all had to pay $20 for shipping. You didn't "have" to pay shipping. You were free to cancel the order before submitting it.[/QUOTE]

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the $20= $8.00 tax (CA) + $12 shipping. Everybody here is spoiled by Best Buy and Amazon giving free shipping. People need to realize that Pentavision is a small company and can't pay the charges. Since they picked UPS for the carrier they aren't cheap so that's where the initial complaints started. Some people in EU said shipping was over $150 while people in Canada were charged $90ish.

This reminds me when people where whining about Ni No Kuni Wizard edition costing $120 after tax and shipping.

People need to just suck it up and pay the charges for the desired item or go searching for it 3rd party and pay the inflated prices.

[quote name='bojay1997']Sure, but the shipping was added in before you clicked confirm on Paypal. As such, you could have backed out at that point. Frankly, the only reason extra copies were available is because of cancellations prompted by delays or complaints from people about the shipping costs. To now complain about something that led to you being able to buy something you otherwise wouldn't have been able to buy is really the height of silliness. If you don't want the item, the company responds quickly to e-mails and they will be happy to refund your money.[/QUOTE]

I'm shocked by your response. If a company says in giant letters "FREE SHIPPING ON EVERY ORDER" and then I place my order for a hot product that sold out in under a minute, to see a shipping charge, I thought to myself I'll sort it out after I complete my purchase as there's a mistake somewhere. I wasn't going to risk missing out on it.

That being said you literally sound like a lunatic for saying I'm silly when it's clear as day there was a mistake on the website. You have no argument there.

In the end I called the company up and chatted with an amazing rep for over 30 minutes. Great company, great employees. I understand a mistake was made. What is unfortunate is UPS is required to ship this LE but it's more expensive AND takes twice as long to get to me than USPS Priority mail.

It was known 3 days before it was even put up that shipping would not be free. The number for sale was so low that they didn't want to change the web site to say otherwise (small company not worth the cost) Frankly I'm very happy I was able to get one at all. They could have just ebayed them.

[quote name='GBAstar']I didn't take a screen shot of it but Romeo is correct in that they added the following text after it sold out:

Not a big deal to me but I can see why others would be upset; furthermore I did not go through their facebook page (I doubt many did).[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's what I thought. If that's the case and they edited after he ordered then he's totally right.

If that's the case they totally failed they should have edited the free shipping part before putting teh left over limited editions for sale.

Sounds like he legitimately thought he was getting free shipping.

[quote name='Youngnoble']It was known 3 days before it was even put up that shipping would not be free. The number for sale was so low that they didn't want to change the web site to say otherwise (small company not worth the cost) Frankly I'm very happy I was able to get one at all. They could have just ebayed them.[/QUOTE]

Maybe on thrid party websites like this if you read through all the pages.

Not on the site right before ordering. They did a edit last minute and that's what I thought now that others have confirmed it.

[quote name='Romeo']I'm shocked by your response. If a company says in giant letters "FREE SHIPPING ON EVERY ORDER" and then I place my order for a hot product that sold out in under a minute, to see a shipping charge, I thought to myself I'll sort it out after I complete my purchase as there's a mistake somewhere. I wasn't going to risk missing out on it.

That being said you literally sound like a lunatic for saying I'm silly when it's clear as day there was a mistake on the website. You have no argument there.

In the end I called the company up and chatted with an amazing rep for over 30 minutes. Great company, great employees. I understand a mistake was made. What is unfortunate is UPS is required to ship this LE but it's more expensive AND takes twice as long to get to me than USPS Priority mail.[/QUOTE]

You simply shouldn't have proceeded with the purchase. You did so at the risk that you would be charged the higher price and you were. While they may have made a mistake by failing to note the exception to the free shipping rule, you suffered no harm as a result. You could have simply not made the purchase or requested a cancellation after the fact. Since you did neither, you have nothing to complain about.

As for the UPS versus USPS, they made that choice because they have had bad experiences with USPS and UPS is much easier to deal with if there is a damage or loss claim. Once again, if you didn't like that choice, you could have simply not bought the item or cancelled the purchase.

I highly dought anybody who got in on this just stumbled across their website as it went live ( lasted about 8 min). He had to know before it went live shipping would not be free and if he didn't he should have read the thread more throughly. I know there are other cags that would love to have gotten his copy.

It's not too late to cancel.

Look what i just got. Oh well

We regret to inform you that we cannot fulfill your order for the DJMAX TECHNIKA TUNE Limited Edition. Due to the ordering rush, several orders were placed at the exact same time leading to our system processing more orders than we currently have quantity to fulfill. We will keep all e-mail addresses from the orders cancelled as a result of this error on file, and if we receive any cancelations or returns we will contact you (in the order of when your purchase was attempted) and let you know.

[quote name='Youngnoble']Look what i just got. Oh well

We regret to inform you that we cannot fulfill your order for the DJMAX TECHNIKA TUNE Limited Edition. Due to the ordering rush, several orders were placed at the exact same time leading to our system processing more orders than we currently have quantity to fulfill. We will keep all e-mail addresses from the orders cancelled as a result of this error on file, and if we receive any cancelations or returns we will contact you (in the order of when your purchase was attempted) and let you know.[/QUOTE]

Same

[quote name='Youngnoble']Look what i just got. Oh well

We regret to inform you that we cannot fulfill your order for the DJMAX TECHNIKA TUNE Limited Edition. Due to the ordering rush, several orders were placed at the exact same time leading to our system processing more orders than we currently have quantity to fulfill. We will keep all e-mail addresses from the orders cancelled as a result of this error on file, and if we receive any cancelations or returns we will contact you (in the order of when your purchase was attempted) and let you know.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='sca2511']Same[/QUOTE]

I heard about this when I was talking to the company earlier. What time did you order? Did you add to cart then create a new account?

Order Date: Jan 7, 2013 12:04 PM PST

I did make a new account and I hesitated on my order trying to pay by credit card, probably why I lost it. I only have my self to blame because I could have ordered one when they were originally listed.

I noticed there was a slow trickle in stock as seconds passed and I kept refreshing my screen. Then when it got down to about 12 it jumped down to zero. I checked my PayPal receipt and my order time was 12:02:27 PST.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Damn, I wonder how many people were tryin to order. I'm sorry you guys missed out and the guy whining about the shipping got his.[/QUOTE]

I take it you're still under 21. I wasn't whining at all, it's a legitimate complaint as the grown ups here have discussed. The shipping snafu was a mistake and the issue is in the past now.

[quote name='Romeo']I take it you're still under 21. I wasn't whining at all, it's a legitimate complaint as the grown ups here have discussed. The shipping snafu was a mistake and the issue is in the past now.[/QUOTE]

What does age have to do with your whining?

[quote name='Elmacanon']I'm enjoying my LE and still wish this company goes to bankruptcy for their scams.[/QUOTE]

What scam?

[quote name='Elmacanon']I'm enjoying my LE and still wish this company goes to bankruptcy for their scams.[/QUOTE]

You again? Didn't we shut up your trolling last time?

That sucks that they kinda oversold what they may have had, but there may be another sale on them in the future if ppl cancel.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']You again? Didn't we shut up your trolling last time?

That sucks that they kinda oversold what they may have had, but there may be another sale on them in the future if ppl cancel.[/QUOTE]

Why would anyone cancel when the 36 available today sold out in a minute?

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']You again? Didn't we shut up your trolling last time?

That sucks that they kinda oversold what they may have had, but there may be another sale on them in the future if ppl cancel.[/QUOTE]

Shutting anyone up over the internet, hahaha :booty:.

Anyways, the LE is worth it, the materials are good and I'm using the PS Vita / Memory case which is very durable. Totally recommended.

[quote name='Elmacanon']Shutting anyone up over the internet, hahaha :booty:.

Anyways, the LE is worth it, the materials are good and I'm using the PS Vita / Memory case which is very durable. Totally recommended.[/QUOTE]

Whatever make you feel better, son. I think it's funnier that you are singing praises yet you wish they go bankrupt. You're an idiot. :roll:

Didn't realize there are still demand for LE version. Very fun game indeed. Was hesitate back then when ordering it due to shipping but heck, I love DJ Max limited editions though I have none, I ordered it anyway since it's first DJ Technika LE edition in US. Definitely worth the buy consider how limit it is.

12:03:36 order time and no cancellation (yet). Here's to hoping.

If it gets canceled I'm going to kick myself for taking the time to type in a new credit card to use rather than just doing an instant transfer on PayPal.

bread's done
Back