Dragons Dogma 5/22/12 Updated with Expansion details

Okay, after beating Daimon BBI just got 10x harder to navigate. I want to farm for lvl 3 items, so if anybody here doesnt mind lending a lvl80 noob your super pawns for free let me know and I will add you.

[quote name='kerouac kid']I just received the plat. I'm about to take on BBI.

I have a question before I begin. Is there anyway to change the NPC who your character saves? My guy saves Caxton each time. However, this time after I used the Godsbane Aelinore appeared on the beach with me. Any tips to avoid Caxton as my muse?[/QUOTE]

Just be thankful it isn't Fournival, he's the one I got.

[quote name='Brainberry']Just be thankful it isn't Fournival, he's the one I got.[/QUOTE]

I got Asalam first play-through (man that was annoying) and second play-through I got Selene.

-------------------------------------

I platinum'd this game soon after it came out and put about 100+ hours in it, keeping that in mind would anyone have any input on whether or not the new content is worth a double dip?

[quote name='Kotomine']I got Asalam first play-through (man that was annoying) and second play-through I got Selene.

-------------------------------------

I platinum'd this game soon after it came out and put about 100+ hours in it, keeping that in mind would anyone have any input on whether or not the new content is worth a double dip?[/QUOTE]

the DLC/Arsien area is like 20x harder than the Everfall and the loot is way better also. Only took me a while to beat it because I was underleved. I nver played DD so it was worth it to me.

[quote name='kerouac kid']I have a question before I begin. Is there anyway to change the NPC who your character saves? My guy saves Caxton each time. However, this time after I used the Godsbane Aelinore appeared on the beach with me. Any tips to avoid Caxton as my muse?[/QUOTE]
Don't help him out. It's all based on romance points I guess you could say. My first time I got the queen as well, but my second time through I got the saucy Madeline. :twisted:

[quote name='Jodou']If by fat you mean DD's, then yes lol.[/QUOTE]
hey Jodou, when can you finally get up to 3 pawns at once?

[quote name='kerouac kid']When you reach the Pawn Guild in Gran Soren.[/QUOTE]

thanks , i found out on my own while running around. can you find free oil for lantern? it is scary going out at night with lantern. also is there any way my pawn sorcerer pawn can level faster? it is being stuck at lvl 6 forever. While my strider pawn is the same lvl as me

Pawns you recruit don't level. It encourages you to keep checking the rift for new pawns, otherwise the most popular pawns in the game would all be level 1 lol. Oil can be found all over and even collected from some vases with an empty vial.

[quote name='Jodou']Pawns you recruit don't level. It encourages you to keep checking the rift for new pawns, otherwise the most popular pawns in the game would all be level 1 lol. Oil can be found all over and even collected from some vases with an empty vial.[/QUOTE]
thanks, i am having some much trouble finding oil, also the pawn i see in the rifts, are they real pawns from other players? or just game generated random pawns? i noticed that i can hire pawn the same lvl as me for free. lol

[quote name='Brainberry']pls tell me you're not still rolling with Rook, throw that guy in the Ocean.[/QUOTE]
i was, LOL. but i dumped him for higher lvl sorc who looks like merlin.

[quote name='Brainberry']pls tell me you're not still rolling with Rook, throw that guy in the Ocean.[/QUOTE]
I lol'd. Just reading that sentence I know the exact spot where you could do just that LOL.

All pawns are real. As soon as you created your pawn it was added to the roster for other players to choose as well. Make sure you visit an inn once in a while and you'll get feedback from other players and maybe even a gift!

[quote name='Jodou']I lol'd. Just reading that sentence I know the exact spot where you could do just that LOL.

All pawns are real. As soon as you created your pawn it was added to the roster for other players to choose as well. Make sure you visit an inn once in a while and you'll get feedback from other players and maybe even a gift![/QUOTE]
you mean those inn, where you have to pay gold to rest? is there any reason to equip a support pawn? hey jodou, can you lend me your pawn? my psn id is blinoak.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='YBX87']you mean those inn, where you have to pay gold to rest? is there any reason to equip a support pawn? hey jodou, can you lend me your pawn? my psn id is blinoak.[/QUOTE]

You would ahve to add him since he's max level and his pawn would run you a lot of RC if he's not on your FL, you can add me if you want to use mines as well, I have a level 130 Sorc.

[quote name='Brainberry']You would ahve to add him since he's max level and his pawn would run you a lot of RC if he's not on your FL, you can add me if you want to use mines as well, I have a level 130 Sorc.[/QUOTE]
thanks in advance , i will add you then my psn id is blinoak. the main reason is i was ambush by that dragon on route to shadow fort. My pawns died( i know you can resurrect the pawn). I just want some ensure protection against the dragon on my way back from my mission.

[quote name='Brainberry']the DLC/Arsien area is like 20x harder than the Everfall and the loot is way better also. Only took me a while to beat it because I was underleved. I nver played DD so it was worth it to me.[/QUOTE]

Kinda late in replying as I forgot I posted here. Thanks for the input, I may hold off a bit till the price goes down a bit though.

@Jodou

What are your pawn and character stats? I kind of wish I would have built up more strength for my pawn. I have a balanced MA. I should have played as an Assassin & Sorcerer & then changed to MA.

[quote name='kerouac kid']@Jodou

What are your pawn and character stats? I kind of wish I would have built up more strength for my pawn. I have a balanced MA. I should have played as an Assassin & Sorcerer & then changed to MA.[/QUOTE]

Ehhh, at the end your gear determines your fate. I went pure strength and still able to solo Daimon with a MA using a GF Blackwing Bow.

[quote name='kerouac kid']@Jodou

What are your pawn and character stats? I kind of wish I would have built up more strength for my pawn. I have a balanced MA. I should have played as an Assassin & Sorcerer & then changed to MA.[/QUOTE]
Off the top of my head I want to say my pawn sorc is something like 4k magick, 700 def, ~60% vs slashing/piercing, and immunity to stuff like possession, silence, etc. For my assassin main, I can't really recall but probably 3k+ strength, 1k+ def., etc.

Pawns are best leveled as warriors for the HP/def gains until 100+. I say that because stat growth is highest during those levels and afterward can be switched to any vocation without really worrying about stats. The reason for high HP and defense is because you don't want your pawn knocked down during a fight at all. Having close to 1k defense will allow your pawn to take some big hits and a high HP total means they'll revive with more HP. Some of the best pawns in the game have well over 1k+ defense and something crazy like 4.5k HP (2.25k when they revive). These guys can just take beatings and almost never go down.

My pawn was bred as pure magick user, so her defense is lower than I'd like but she's a glass canon. She can solo death each time he shows up if given the chance. :lol:

[quote name='Brainberry']Ehhh, at the end your gear determines your fate. I went pure strength and still able to solo Daimon with a MA using a GF Blackwing Bow.[/QUOTE]I wish I could FRAPS or stream myself killing Daimon; I kill him in about 15 seconds with a four stack of conqueror's and just wail on his face with thousand kisses lol. ;)

This is free for PS+ users starting tomorrow, so looks like I'll finally get to try it!   Hopefully a lot of new players will mean a lot of new pawn activity.

I'm actually impressed for once with PS+; this is a true quality game they're giving away free this time.  I really, really hope they're working on a sequel now to show off at E3 for PS4 next year.  This franchise if done right will be a boon for Capcom.

I'm actually impressed for once with PS+; this is a true quality game they're giving away free this time. I really, really hope they're working on a sequel now to show off at E3 for PS4 next year. This franchise if done right will be a boon for Capcom.
My thought was Deep Down was a spiritual successor a la Dark Souls. we shall see

It's not; not even close after seeing what it's all about.  Dragon's Dogma deserves a proper sequel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really enjoying this game so far.  I started as a fighter with a strider pawn; now we're warrior and ranger, respectively (which means I usually hire two magic-users for my internet pawns).  

My only real problem is inventory management.  I have a really hard time not picking up all the random ingredients and such all over, but mostly it just weighs me down and I never really use any of it (other than materials needed to enhance my weapons/armor in town).  Materials and tools aren't too bad, because I just dump them into storage at the inn.  But I have a zillion "curatives" and I don't know what to keep and what to store.  

It seems like they'd be useful so I want to keep them on me, but in aggregate they weigh quite a lot.  And I don't know what to do with all the rotten ingredients I keep getting.  I haven't really tried doing much combining because I don't enjoy spending a lot of time doing that experimenting, and I'd hate to find out I wasted a rare ingredient combining it with the wrong thing.  How did you guys handle all this stuff?

Rotten you can throw out and I wouldn't carry curatives if your mage can dispel them.  Just keep healing items handy and that's pretty much all you need.  Warrior is a fun class, but completely impractical in this game.  Pure melee classes in this game just get owned TBH.

Cool, thanks for the tip.   I'll probably end up switching vocations and equipment with my pawn at some point (not sure having two rangers makes sense!) but for now I'm enjoying warrior.  I made my guy huge (and my pawn fairly slim).  I didn't know your size actually made a difference in the game!  

I might try mystic knight next, actually, as that seems like it could be a fun hybrid.

bread's done
Back