Dusty's Muffler vs Brock Lesnar's Wang Sword Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Psykoboy2']
II5E3.gif
[/QUOTE]

Wow. That is fucking terrible.

I love how Brock knows halfway in midair that Cena isn't ready with the chain, so he tries to correct himself the rest of the way and it goes horribly wrong.

This is the type of matchup I want to see from a wrestling company in 2012. It appears TNA might be turning things around and finally "getting it".

Ric Flair and Hulk Hogan open the show with an in-ring segment, teasing a match between the two.

I love how the thought process seemed to go like

1."shit he's not ready"
2."fuck it, I'm going to try to punch him anyway"
3."Oh shit, I jumped over the ropes"

Did Cena just forget to bring the chain with him the first time?

Jesus, for a big guy Lesnar fucking flew through the air like a cruiserweight. Granted he had the steps to help him, but he nearly cleared the top rope from mid ring.

Still more graceful than Sabu.

and to think, his leg muscles are only about 60% what they were pre-poopy problems.

Never liked him as a person, but I've got to admit that the guy is quite the physical specimen.

[quote name='masked lemon']If you think Lesnar looks like a gorilla, what do you think of Mark Henry?[/QUOTE]
Proto Klingon?

[quote name='pitfallharry219']This is the type of matchup I want to see from a wrestling company in 2012. It appears TNA might be turning things around and finally "getting it".

[/QUOTE]

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!

[quote name='masked lemon']^ Is that the monkey that does the gifs? If so, your work is awesome, breh.[/QUOTE]

That's me, and thanks :D

Oh, I mean...

/heel

[quote name='ced']Anybody have the Bella Twins on their Spring Cleaning lists?[/QUOTE]

Is it really "spring cleaning" when the talent decides not to renew their contract, as opposed to being "Future Endeavored"?

Plus they were already advertising themselves as "Nicole and Brianna, formerly the WWE's Bella Twins" for an autograph signing announced 3 or 4 weeks ago.

I think it was more of WWE testing to see how Lesnar holds up to adversity, and if the reports are true he's pretty much not long term.

Remember, this is a business where you get respect from the vets (and pushed) based on how you handle being shit on and what you've been through. HHH got no respect until he took his constant jobbing to Godwin and other bums like a man.

That's why people like Goldberg, Brock, Warrior, others really have no place in this business except for short term business. They are not company men.

[quote name='BigPopov']I think it was more of WWE testing to see how Lesnar holds up to adversity, and if the reports are true he's pretty much not long term.

Remember, this is a business where you get respect from the vets (and pushed) based on how you handle being shit on and what you've been through. HHH got no respect until he took his constant jobbing to Godwin and other bums like a man.

That's why people like Goldberg, Brock, Warrior, others really have no place in this business except for short term business. They are not company men.[/QUOTE]

Like someone else in the thread said, Brock wasn't phoning it in. It looked like he was giving it his all in that match. Was him doing that and losing to Cena in his huge comeback match not enough?

With that and the Cena botch, I don't blame Lesnar for being mad.

Judging by the descriptions people have posted, it sounds like Cena used his stroke to ease his bruised ego with that post-match promo. It sounds like he just threw out whatever momentum Lesnar had managed to build during that match.

Myke might've been on to something

As we've been reporting here on the site, Brock Lesnar did throw a tantrum backstage after Extreme Rules, f4wonline.com is reporting that it was partially a 'work' on the locker room as a way to convince people that Cena going over was the right decision. Lesnar was upset about the finish, but "some, if not most" of the situation was not entirely legitimate.

WWE tried to have word leak out on Monday that Lesnar had quit the company, likely to get the "dirt sheets" reporting it so people would be surprised when Lesnar showed up on RAW. However, by the time that this was going on, it was already out there that Lesnar was at the arena and going to be at RAW.

I've been out of town for a week and haven't gotten around to downloading the PPV yet, but I saw a screen of Punk wearing a Misfits shirt or something? Was that just for his "street fight outfit" or did WWE swipe that for one of their new shirts? (I know it isn't really a "Misfits logo" but that's what everyone knows it as).

I didn't see it on the WWE web shop and I'd be pretty shocked if WWE bothered to get the rights to use the Crimson Ghost on a shirt, so I'm assuming it's just something Punk wore for that one match.

It's a shirt that Bridge 9 put out a while back. I think they've reprinted them a couple of times - they pop up on eBay from time to time.

That Lesnar spot was either planned (not likely) or botched completely by Lesnar by overshooting the ropes. There's no indication that Cena held the ropes down in the slightest.

Biography HD's been running "The Unreal Story Of Pro Wrestling" lately if anyone's never seen it before. It's a solid two hour look at wrestling from a historical and pop culture viewpoint and the idea of kayfabe - filmed around the late '90s with both WCW and WWF talent interviewed.

[quote name='JJSP']Biography HD's been running "The Unreal Story Of Pro Wrestling" lately if anyone's never seen it before. It's a solid two hour look at wrestling from a historical and pop culture viewpoint and the idea of kayfabe - filmed around the late '90s with both WCW and WWF talent interviewed.[/QUOTE]

I VHS'd that thing and watched it many times back when it first premiered. The weirdest thing about that was the Steve Allen narration...before he died the dude came out STRONG against WWE during that period where the Parent's Television Council was trying to get sponsors to drop WWE in the early 2000s.

First of all, it was me, not Myke that suggested this could be a work. No offense to Myke of course.

Second, I don't think anyones pointed out the elephant in the room. You know who would pull this kind of shit back in the day?

Paul Heyman.

Who is in Brock's ear?

I will leave it out there for you guys to consider.

[quote name='Golden Idol']Second, I don't think anyones pointed out the elephant in the room. You know who would pull this kind of shit back in the day?

Paul Heyman.

Who is in Brock's ear?

I will leave it out there for you guys to consider.[/QUOTE]

You know who's already been confirmed multiple times to not be associated with Brock Lesnar this time around?

[quote name='Golden Idol']First of all, it was me, not Myke that suggested this could be a work. No offense to Myke of course.

Second, I don't think anyones pointed out the elephant in the room. You know who would pull this kind of shit back in the day?

Paul Heyman.

Who is in Brock's ear?

I will leave it out there for you guys to consider.[/QUOTE]

I will leave this out there for you to consider: Shut the fuck up, Zen Davis.

^ :rofl:

[quote name='KaneRobot']I've been out of town for a week and haven't gotten around to downloading the PPV yet[/QUOTE]

Come on, can't you guys at least *pretend* you're not stealing PPVs?

[quote name='Scorch']You know who's already been confirmed multiple times to not be associated with Brock Lesnar this time around?[/QUOTE]

It's been confirmed that Heyman is working with the WWE again. (Source: http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2012/0502/552271/paul-heyman/). I have trouble believing a worked shoot type angle - something that Heyman perfected - is happening for the first time in years in the WWE when a guy that Heyman is close with (Lesnar) just HAPPENS to come back to the company.

At the very least I think we can all agree that Lesnar called up Heyman to clear up how Vince planned to use him. It would be delusional to believe that Lesnar wouldn't ask for feedback from the guy who COLLABORATED on his autobiography regarding his return to the wrestling ring. Obviously IF Lesnar called up Heyman (Which is a stupid consideration. It's obvious Lesnar would call Heyman.), the question becomes whether Heyman would simply listen or actually offer advice to Brock.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Scorch']You know who's already been confirmed multiple times to not be associated with Brock Lesnar this time around?[/QUOTE]

It's been confirmed that Heyman is working with the WWE again. (Source: http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2012/0502/552271/paul-heyman/). I have trouble believing a worked shoot type angle - something that Heyman perfected - is happening for the first time in years in the WWE when a guy that Heyman is close with (Lesnar) just HAPPENS to come back to the company.

At the very least I think we can all agree that Lesnar called up Heyman to clear up how Vince planned to use him. It would be delusional to believe that Lesnar wouldn't ask for feedback from the guy who COLLABORATED on his autobiography regarding his return to the wrestling ring.

Obviously now IF Lesnar called up Heyman (Which is a stupid consideration. It's obvious Lesnar would call Heyman.), the question becomes whether Heyman would simply listen or actually offer advice to Brock. If you want to believe that Heyman would just sit on the other end of a phone call between the two and say, "Hope that works out for you, Brock.", that's fine. I have a tough time buying that. I think Heyman would point out all the same things we've pointed out in regards to the company's use of Lesnar. I think the trade-off for putting Cena over was HHH's arm. They couldn't bury Cena so they fed him HHH. The thing in the back was just a worked shoot to get people to buy into the mystique of Brock Lesnar - the MONSTER!

^ Guess a refund was out of the question? ;) Kidding, really - but I'm not going to go to their June show. If it's good, I'll go to the third.

It's a shame that Douglas is pulling himself as a performer - his match w/ Scorpio was a very good brawl, overshadowed by silly TNA-esque booking (Kevin Sullivan? Tod Gordon?), and a largely sour attitude the crowd had at that point (myself included). Honestly, CW Anderson and Al Snow positively *murdered* the crowd with their match.

It's not improbable that Heyman is involved in the Lesnar stuff somehow.

We'll know for certain if it's a work in 1-2 weeks when WWE fucks it up.

[quote name='mykevermin']Come on, can't you guys at least *pretend* you're not stealing PPVs?[/QUOTE]

Nah.

Late to the party: If Lesnar's grievance is legit, then that shows how much pull Cena has in the company. What Cena did post-match is comparable to something Hogan would do in WCW. Some sort of dumbass ploy to save face with fans and put himself over.

[quote name='Dr. Venkman']OFF TOPIC: Someone asked me today if I thought WWE could/would ever make Santino World Heavyweight or WWE Champion...and for some reason I couldn't give them a straight answer.[/QUOTE]

I'm actually a Santino fan. I enjoy his shtick. He's one of a few genuinely interesting characters in WWE. Everyone else is generic and playing it serious. For every Punk, Vickie, and Danielson, there's a Mason Ryan, Alicia Fox, and Ryback.

People are suspecting Cena of sabotaging Brock because there was a botched spot where Brock almost got hurt? How quickly the jaded marks forget WM19, an SD match with Albert, etc.

Brock is in it for himself and always has been so honestly I wouldn't care if Cena had just walked out of the match.

http://www.wwe.com/classics/greatest-tag-teams-photos

Pretty nice photo gallery of some classic tag teams historically. Some neat pics, including a rare picture of Demolition with Randy Culley as Smash, and both featuring some...questionable taste in face paint (and Ax with purple hair - was Bill Eadie into Troma films at the time?).

They try to showhorn a few "tag teams" from the last 5 years or so in there, but the photo gallery really underscores just hot little tag team wrestling has meant over the least 10 years or so.

[quote name='neocisco']Miz and Morrison? :rofl:[/QUOTE]

After they put Sheamus on their "Top 25 Talkers of All Time" list, nothing surprises me.

[quote name='mykevermin']Come on, can't you guys at least *pretend* you're not stealing PPVs?[/QUOTE]
Shrug. I missed the stream everyone here was watching. Sorry.

The Miz fan in me won't let me laugh at Miz & Morrison. They were one of the last tag teams that actually matter for more than like 2 weeks (like Jeri-Show). I was actually surprised at Team LayCool, though.

[quote name='Chronis']The Miz fan in me won't let me laugh at Miz & Morrison. They were one of the last tag teams that actually matter for more than like 2 weeks (like Jeri-Show). I was actually surprised at Team LayCool, though.[/QUOTE]

I'd place Miz and Morrison on a list for Most Memorable WWE Tag Teams of the 2002-2012. Dunno how high they'd rank, but they'd be on the list. I'm a little sad at how much tag team wrestling has died in the E in the last many years.

Looking through the list, Billy Gunn is featured three separate times for three different teams.

Haven't posted in a few days, but Lesnar's 2012 mic work is godly.

Haven't posted since I was trying to avoid spoilers until I could watch the PPV/RAW back to back with my friend, but Extreme Rules was pretty solid overall .. considering it was a WWE PPV. Sadly, now it's back to mediocrity. Yay?

[quote name='KaneRobot']Shrug. I missed the stream everyone here was watching. Sorry.[/QUOTE]

Oh, you're so clever and rebellious. Shoot, Shane Douglas. Shoot.

(those kids pretend, too, at least, so just own your screwup and don't get all "everyone else does it" because while most everyone else does, they're savvy enough to cover it up.)

[quote name='HydroX']Haven't posted since I was trying to avoid spoilers until I could watch the PPV/RAW back to back with my friend, but Extreme Rules was pretty solid overall .. considering it was a WWE PPV. Sadly, now it's back to mediocrity. Yay?[/QUOTE]

I think at this point the WWE has decided they're only going to let their wrestlers push themselves on the PPVs. This was evident after the month long Daniel Bryan promos and terrible Punk/Jericho interactions on RAW, only to let all three guys have over 20 minutes at Extreme Rules. I expect the same for next month of RAW. Limited interaction between the individuals involved in the main events and then an awesome match at the PPV.

I've also got to hand it to the WWE in regards to their pacing of Extreme Rules. It was pitch perfect. Each of three BIG man events (Daniel/Sheamus, Jericho/Punk, Lesnar/Cena) were all bookended by either short squashes (Ryback, Bellas/Rhodes) or just an overall short match (Show/Rhodes). This let audiences cool down after each big match and left them just enough energy to get hyped up all over again for the next one. I expect the same PPV structure for Over The Limit.

The match-ups just aren't as good though and they'll be relying on Punk/Bryan to carry the event. It's obvious at this point that the main events for the card will be Cena/Laurinaitis, Punk/Bryan, and Sheamus/Del Rio. All of these matches will likely be given over 15 minutes worth of ring time but two of the three just don't have the capacity to match up to their Exteme Rules counter parts. (Cena/Laurinaitis & Sheamus/Del Rio).

I imagine the lack of quality matches for Over The Limit is a calculated move by the company to save their bigger potential match-ups for following PPVs (No Way Out, Money In The Bank), with the hope being that the hype and praise generated by Extreme Rules translates into automatic sales for Over The Limit. If the preceding turns out to be true, I expect Lesnar to return at the event and cost Cena his match to setup a rematch going into No Way Out.

[quote name='HydroX']Haven't posted since I was trying to avoid spoilers until I could watch the PPV/RAW back to back with my friend, but Extreme Rules was pretty solid overall .. considering it was a WWE PPV. Sadly, now it's back to mediocrity. Yay?[/QUOTE]

I think at this point the WWE has decided they're only going to let their wrestlers push themselves on the PPVs. This was evident after the month long Daniel Bryan promos and terrible Punk/Jericho interactions on RAW, only to let all three guys have over 20 minutes at Extreme Rules. I expect the same for next month of RAW. Limited interaction between the individuals involved in the main events and then an awesome match at the PPV.

I've also got to hand it to the WWE in regards to their pacing of Extreme Rules. It was pitch perfect. Each of three BIG man events (Daniel/Sheamus, Jericho/Punk, Lesnar/Cena) were all bookended by either short squashes (Ryback, Bellas/Rhodes) or just an overall short match (Show/Rhodes). This let audiences cool down after each big match and left them just enough energy to get hyped up all over again for the next one. I expect the same PPV structure for Over The Limit.

The match-ups just aren't as good though and they'll be relying on Punk/Bryan to carry the event. It's obvious at this point that the main events for the card will be Cena/Laurinaitis, Punk/Bryan, and Sheamus/Del Rio. All of these matches will likely be given over 15 minutes worth of ring time but two of the three just don't have the capacity to match up to their Exteme Rules counter parts. (Cena/Laurinaitis & Sheamus/Del Rio).

I imagine the lack of quality matches for Over The Limit is a calculated move by the company to save their bigger potential match-ups for following PPVs (No Way Out, Money In The Bank), with the hope being that the hype and praise generated by Extreme Rules translates into automatic sales for Over The Limit. If the preceding turns out to be true, I expect Lesnar to return at the event and cost Cena his match to setup a rematch going into No Way Out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back