Dusty's Muffler vs Brock Lesnar's Wang Sword Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Clak']I just noticed something, Lesnar has kind of a Gorilla face. Looks like his forehead has a balcony overlooking his face.[/QUOTE]

Will you stop!!

Oh, you didn't mean this Gorilla?

220px-Gorilla_Monsoon.jpg

Yeah, Lesnar looks like a throwback to a cro magnon, which would explain his preternatural strength. He's one of the few guys in any kind of sports that is just naturally scary looking.

My shirt came in the mail today and guess what? It's ripped in the seam of the armpit. I have the worst luck with WWEShop. :drool:

[quote name='Scorch']I'm starting to feel like no one on CAG knows what that smiley means. [/quote]

I knew it wasn't in the right context, but it was pretty much the expression on my face.

Also, I never would've thought I'd be a part of a "Goldberg" chant at a 2012 WWE event. :lol:

[quote name='Tsel']I knew it wasn't in the right context, but it was pretty much the expression on my face.

Also, I never would've thought I'd be a part of a "Goldberg" chant at a 2012 WWE event. :lol:[/QUOTE]

That Goldberg chant actually was the best part of the match.

[quote name='metaphysicalstyles']Mark Henry looks like Predator. An obese Predator.[/QUOTE]

I imagine there must be like fat warlord like predators somewhere in the universe. Mark Henry is that model.

Gah. I got maybe 12 minutes into that Cena/Lesnar match and that link crapped the bed. I'll buy that match and maybe a few others over PSN once they show up.

That part I saw was amazing.

[quote name='Halo05']Gah. I got maybe 12 minutes into that Cena/Lesnar match and that link crapped the bed. I'll buy that match and maybe a few others over PSN once they show up.

That part I saw was amazing.[/QUOTE]

Try again. I clicked it after I saw your post and it works fine.

Following an MRI and a battery of tests on his left arm Monday, doctors confirmed to WWE.com that John Cena sustained multiple muscle strains during his Extreme Rules Match against Brock Lesnar.

"The most obvious injury was the laceration to his head, which caused a substantial amount of bleeding," WWE locker room physician Dr. Chris Amann said Sunday night. "He also suffered a shoulder injury."

Cena is scheduled to appear on tonight's Raw SuperShow.

I can't tell if this is part of the storyline or not.

Following an MRI and a battery of tests on his left arm Monday, doctors confirmed to WWE.com that John Cena sustained multiple muscle strains during his Extreme Rules Match against Brock Lesnar.

"The most obvious injury was the laceration to his head, which caused a substantial amount of bleeding," WWE locker room physician Dr. Chris Amann said Sunday night. "He also suffered a shoulder injury."

Cena is scheduled to appear on tonight's Raw SuperShow.

I can't tell if this is part of the storyline or not.

Well I guess Miz didn't piss anyone off as we thought because they wouldn't put someone they wanted gone forever as the lead in the movie. A crappy movie mind you but a movie. Of course they could be using him as the scapegoat for failure too. Meh. WWE Films are garbage.

[quote name='JP']Well I guess Miz didn't piss anyone off as we thought because they wouldn't put someone they wanted gone forever as the lead in the movie. A crappy movie mind you but a movie. Of course they could be using him as the scapegoat for failure too. Meh. WWE Films are garbage.[/QUOTE]

Ken Kennedy says hi.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Isn't Ted Jr hurt right now?[/QUOTE]

Yeah and him and his wife are expecting. Granted, he wasn't doing much of anything beforehand, but still.

[quote name='mykevermin']Hey dude, don't post links to streaming sites in the thread.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Edit: Oh, hey, I can post now :D

Okay so a few too late to matter observations on the half of a match that I saw...

1. Michael Cole can call matches, he simply doesn't like to do so 90% of the time. Interesting.

2. I sort of forgot how useful blood can be in a match. Lesnar busting Cena open all of 30 seconds into the match was a great (probably unintentional) touch.

3. In hindsight, I think Cena winning was the right call. I suspect it was handled in the same way that Myke mentioned. Cena squeaked one out but Lesnar was definitively portrayed as the more powerful force. When they get to the final match of the feud and Cena is able to win a bit more convincingly, it won't seem as unbelievable as it would've if Lesnar had not only dissected Cena, but pinned him after an F5 or choked him out.

4. Lesnar reminded me of Vader out there. This is good.

[quote name='mykevermin']When are the WM releases coming?!?!?!?![/QUOTE]

Amazon lists the DVD/Blu Rays for May 8. I don't know why WWESHOP isn't listing it.

Everyone made their "Wrestlemania release" predictions last year but they never happened. Wouldn't be surprised if this year was the same.

[quote name='masked lemon']Joey Styles is saying that Punk Bryan might be an Ironman match.[/QUOTE]

Uh... not... really. He was asking, from basically a fan's point of view, if it could be an iron man match. Style has no pull, no current booking/writing insider knowledge past what he's asked to post on WWE.Com, and just manages the content on WWE.Com. He only Tweets to shill links to products on Amazon.com so he can get referral credit monies.

Joey Styles ‏ @JoeyStyles: Can we make @CMPunk vs. @WWEDanielBryan a 60 Minute Iron Man Match? #OldSchoolWrestling at #OverTheLimit

[quote name='pwinsider']Following the Extreme Rules PPV on Sunday, there was a huge backstage blow-up involving Brock Lesnar.
According to several sources, Lesnar lost it on a number of WWE officials and began ripping apart a dressing room, upset over the John Cena promo that closed the PPV.

The original plan was for Cena, despite winning, to be so beaten that he was carried out of the building, leaving an opening for Lesnar to brag that while he had lost the battle on a fluke, he had won the war.

When Cena decided to address the audience, Lesnar perceived it as Cena double crossing him and lost in on WWE officials. It's not yet known how they calmed him down, but tonight's angle with HHH was planned in advance as a way to remove Lesnar from TV.

Sources within the company have indicated that Lesnar's current deal only requires him to work two dates minimum.[/quote]
Yowza, if true.

Had a feeling that was the angle they were going with just like others had mentioned. Wow Cena what a bitch though, not only did that promo look like he just no sold everything but made Brock look stupid in the process.

For as much meh as the booking itself is, the caliber of talent seems capable of rising above it. Punk/Bryan is a great PPV match in the making. Hopefully they will do Punk/Bryan/Jericho triple threat match next. But no one can deny that the matches they're setting the WWE title around are world class.

The Cena stuff was terrible. The Lesnar stuff was much better and him breaking HHH's arm went a long way in cementing Lesnar.

[quote name='renique46']not only did that promo look like he just no sold everything but made Brock look stupid in the process.[/QUOTE]

yep. WWE really didn't help matters at all by re-airing it, including the final line "thanks for coming out and everybody get home safe!"

Not exactly the sort of thing that's high on the priority list of someone who should go see a doctor, which, if the match played out the way we think it should have, would be where Cena's priorities should be.

Saying that just hits the emergency brakes on the drama. A dying character's final line (in, say, Game of Thrones) shouldn't be "...oh, I left a turkey in the oven, will you check on it for me?"

And that's similarish to what Cena did there. Perhaps unintentionally, but someone of his skill should know better.

[quote name='mykevermin']yep. WWE really didn't help matters at all by re-airing it, including the final line "thanks for coming out and everybody get home safe!"

Not exactly the sort of thing that's high on the priority list of someone who should go see a doctor, which, if the match played out the way we think it should have, would be where Cena's priorities should be.

Saying that just hits the emergency brakes on the drama. A dying character's final line (in, say, Game of Thrones) shouldn't be "...oh, I left a turkey in the oven, will you check on it for me?"

And that's similarish to what Cena did there. Perhaps unintentionally, but someone of his skill should know better.[/QUOTE]

You know, that line almost sounds like Cena was intentionally reminding the crowd that it's fake. As if to publicly remind Lesnar that it's not UFC and that he needs to pull his punches.

If I were Lesnar, I'd be upset too - mainly because he's being made to look like the unprofessional dick that he is.

[quote name='mykevermin']yep. WWE really didn't help matters at all by re-airing it, including the final line "thanks for coming out and everybody get home safe!"

And that's similarish to what Cena did there. Perhaps unintentionally, but someone of his skill should know better.[/QUOTE]

Rosebud

More details on Lesnar's tantrum

As seen on RAW last night, WWE temporarily wrote Brock Lesnar out of the storylines by having his contract status "up in the air" following the attack on Triple H in the opener. WWE's announcers stressed that Lesnar's future is in doubt with the company. WWE only has Lesnar for several dates per month and will have to come up with creative ways to keep him in and out of the storylines.

We noted earlier that Brock Lesnar had a meltdown backstage after his loss to John Cena at Extreme Rules. Lesnar was upset about Cena's post-match promo because the original plan had Cena getting stretchered out. Lesnar felt that he was made to look weak and WWE officials double crossed him.

F4Wonline.com reports that WWE's new mentality with Lesnar is that they're paying a lot of money for a guy who is not their top guy, so he should be used when he can to put over their top talents. People in Lesnar's camp were feeling like WWE was just testing Lesnar by having Cena cut the post-match speech.

Brock was told before the Extreme Rules match that Cena would go out on a stretcher and look totally incapacitated and be injured. Lesnar went nuts backstage in front of everyone, tearing things up and throwing a tantrum. Lesnar specifically yelled at Marc Carano, the assistant to John Laurinaitis, about how things are a mess and everything is wrong in WWE. Some felt that part of the tantrum was just an act by Lesnar to show to the locker room that he could quit at any minute. Some of those same people felt that WWE officials could have been involved in Lesnar trying to work the other talents.

Lesnar also suggested that Cena intentionally pulled down the top rope at Extreme Rules, causing him to nearly blow out his knee in the bad spot towards the end of the match where they both tumbled over to the floor. Again, most believe that there is no real heat between Cena and Lesnar over this and this also could have been part of an act by Lesnar.

Despite what's an act and what's part of the TV storylines, sources insist that Lesnar's status and future with WWE is a sticky situation. While Lesnar vs. Triple H is in the works for SummerSlam, some in the company are already predicting that he will end up working the remaining big pay-per-view events of 2012, Royal Rumble 2013 and then WrestleMania 29 before being done with the company.

If I signed a huge deal after being promised to be booked to look like a beast and ended up looking like a bitch, I'd be livid, too. While I think he went about it the wrong way, I'm definitely siding with Lesnar on this one.

Cena even said right after the match that he wasn't supposed to be talking to the crowd.

I'm with Lesnar on this also.

Legit.

This new information changes everything about the match. There is money in letting Lesnar lose and making him look look strong. He can avenge that stuff. But it's bad business practice to lie to a guy who you JUST signed a month ago.

The sad fact is that Lesnar delivered the goods. He damn near killed himself for the company on that botched leap and carried himself like the absolute wrecking ball the WWE hired him to be. But the company didn't want to throw Cena under the bus while depending on a guy who is as unpredictable business wise as Lesnar is. It would be almost exactly the same situation they had with Hart back in the day in, when the company had someone on the payroll they weren't entirely comfortable doing business with.

Bottom line: If you don't trust a guy, don't do business with him. But for a corporation to just outright lie to Lesnar like that, I don't see why he wouldn't throw a tantrum. He built up a lot of credibility and legitimacy fighting in the UFC and for the WWE to take advantage of that credibility just so they can build up John Cena (while lying to Lesnar at the same time) betrays the terrible business ethic the company is known for.

At the same time, I don't know if I'm being worked. You JUST don't have a guy "break" HHH's arm.

Last edited by a moderator:
If it's a work, I love it.

About fucking time they work the dirt sheets like this - it's not like they don't have the capacity to do that. I've been saying this for years now.

If it is in fact a work then they're doing a great job with it thus far, but at the same time this is the same company that shit the bed with both Nexus and The Summer of Punk angles. WWE has broken my heart too many times already and I'm not about to trust them to not fuck things up for a third time.

If it's legit, then Brock has every right to be pissed. I would be too if I destroyed a guy for 15 minutes, still did the job, and then the guy cuts a "And knowing is half the battle" speech damn near no-selling the beatdown I gave him. No paycheck is worth that kind of humiliation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back