e309 OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want an HD follow up to Snake Eater. It doesn't even have to be a direct sequel, just derivative of the gameplay and themes. Did they show anything during the press conference? I wasn't around for that part.

[quote name='Mojimbo']I'm not sure, Liquid.

I don't think it was too hard to connect during the Canadian beta, from what I read on GAF at the time. There's a real human host with corny jokes that comments on the game and actual crowd and the "1", so I don't see how they can run parallel games or a game with a thousand people.[/QUOTE]This article sheds some light on it: http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3174131
Looks like there will be a crowd that votes as well. The better your score, the more likely you are to be in the mob/be the one. Ad supported to keep it free.

How do these reminders work? I scheduled one, and it says that it DLed the game. Will it just tell me when it's gone live?

You can't shit on Mexican food.

Stop bringing up those PSP games, which I already own, CrashSpyro.

That sounds cool, L2. I'm guessing it will just be guide bubble pop up like when you get an invite.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']You want an HD version of Portable Ops?[/QUOTE]

I played like a couple hours of PO and it didn't feel like Snake Eater at all. :whistle2:?

Glad to hear that you are cancer free Minh!

----

Also I got a whole bunch of those CD-keys. But I really, really, really hope they won't cancel my account.

Maaaaan, I really don't want to, Moxio. :|
It seems like it'll be a huge hassle.

---

Professional with SP2 and SP3, manthing. I remember SP3 introducing some in-your-face style security features that I didn't like, so I got both.

Doubt I'll ever use them since 7 is so close, but it's nice to have them just in case.

What did I sign up for, LP?

--

My baby OTTer. Let me show him to you:

ottermom.jpg

[quote name='TheRock88']Good news!

Just came back from the doctor and the results of my biopsy were negative! No lymphoma! :whee:[/QUOTE]
Awesome.

Why the hell is this language pack for Office 2007 6 GB? fuckin' huge.

I'm not gonna mess with my drives until the technet stuff is done downloading.

[quote name='DarthPuma']I played like a couple hours of PO and it didn't feel like Snake Eater at all. :whistle2:?[/QUOTE]
No shit. It covers the story following Snake Eater and remaking that for an HD console to be more like Snake Eater while taking out the clutter would be pretty cool. It's not going to happen though, but it would be nice.

I'd like to check out that 1 vs 100 thing but I'm not sure I can stay awake till then. :(

Does anyone know how you get in? Will a button pop up when the time comes and its luck of the draw or what?

[quote name='Mojimbo']Nope, I went to go make a quesadilla during part of it.[/QUOTE]

i believe the correct spelling is quesadildo.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']What did I sign up for, LP?

--

My baby OTTer. Let me show him to you:

http://neatorama.cachefly.net/misscellania/ottermom.jpg[/IMG[/SPOILER]][/QUOTE]

awwww

Looks like the TechNet thing is done for new signups. Glad I got in when I did.

:pray: it doesn't get cancelled. Windows 7 and Office 2010 would be amazing.

[quote name='prmononoke']I'm totally not seeing where those keys are. I clicked on everything Linkin linked, but I didn't see anything.[/QUOTE]

You get registered. Then you go to the benefits portal, confirm your name and email and give it your benefit ID number. Then you have free reign to software downloads and keys.

So it seems to me like nothing especially riveting came from the Microsoft conference.

When would info about No More Heroes 2 come out? That's all I really care about. Although I am following the Ubisoft one now for AC2.

[quote name='Moxio']Looks like the TechNet thing is done for new signups. Glad I got in when I did.

:pray: it doesn't get cancelled. Windows 7 and Office 2010 would be amazing.[/QUOTE]

Mos def.

What does Office 2010 have to offer? I hadn't even heard that they were developing it. :O

Everyone gets to play along, Mak. 100 at random get to play as the mob which can have direct interaction with the "1." Playing the game as a regular player(not the 1 or the mob) and doing good increases your chances of being picked as one of the random 100.[quote name='Chika']i believe the correct spelling is quesadildo.[/QUOTE]Stop it.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']You get registered. Then you go to the benefits portal, confirm your name and email and give it your benefit ID number. Then you have free reign to software downloads and keys.[/QUOTE]

Ah, thanks.

I imagine that there's gonna be a pretty big draw for the game. Are they only doing one at a time (so 101 active players) or are they doing multiple sessions?

[quote name='Mojimbo']Everyone gets to play along, Mak. 100 at random get to play as the mob which can have direct interaction with the "1." Playing the game as a regular player(not the 1 or the mob) and doing good increases your chances of being picked as one of the random 100.Stop it.[/QUOTE]

Ah sweet. That sounds fun. I'll have to try to remember to check it out.

[quote name='Maklershed']I'd like to check out that 1 vs 100 thing but I'm not sure I can stay awake till then. :(

Does anyone know how you get in? Will a button pop up when the time comes and its luck of the draw or what?[/QUOTE]
There's a 1 vs 100 thing on the Events tab that you can click on the play option it brings up to play. You can have it remind you when it's live, if you want.

[quote name='Mojimbo']One at a time, Liquid. It's very possible and likely that they'll do more than one session per night, though.[/QUOTE]Alright.

I guess that'd make sense when there isn't so much demand for it down the line, but I wish they'd do more than one at a time to increase one's chances when there are going to be so many people on it like there will be tonight.

What the Hell? @ Joel McHale hosting Ubi's conference.

(I'm not appalled, because I actually like the guy.)

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Awesome, I wouldn't mind a new Zone of the Enders. Or maybe you play as a cloud and you are trying to attack a field, that would be fun.[/QUOTE]

DarkNessBear on his prediction for what the next Kojima game was going to be (back when the countdown was going on). #-o

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back