EB/Gamestop Summer Sale 2011 [Starts July 8th]

Jouvert

CAGiversary!
I thought I should cross-post this. Full credit goes to Xeerochild on RFD.

It's time once again for EB Canada's Summer Sale. Starts July 8th.

From EB's upcoming Summer Sale Flyer:

Assassin's Creed 2 - $9.99
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood - $19.99
Bioshock 2 - $9.99
Brain and Body Connection - $29.99
Castlevania: Lord of Shadow - $29.99
Crackdown 2 - $9.99
Def Jam Rapstar Bundle - $29.99
Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce - $19.99
Enslaved - $9.99
Fallout 3: GOTY - $19.99
Grand Theft Auto IV: Complete - $29.99
Halo 3 Legendary Edition - $29.99
Halo Reach Legendary Edition - $49.99
Intect Game Talk Headset - $29.99
Kane & Lynch 2 - $9.99
Kinect Floor Stand - $9.99
Kinect Wall Mount - $4.99
Lost Planet 2 - $14.99
Lucha Libre - $19.99
Medal of Honor - $9.99
Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 - $29.99
Naughty Bear Gold - $19.99
Ninety Nine Nights - $19.99
Saint's Row 2 - $19.99
Sniper: Ghost Warrior - $19.99
Sonic Free Riders Kinect - $19.99
Stormrise - $4.99
Super Street Fighter IV - $19.99
Test Drive Unlimited 2 - $19.99
Tekken 6 - $9.99
Tony Hawk Ride - $9.99
Tron Evolution - $24.99
Universe at War - $4.99
Vanquish - $9.99
Virtua Tennis 2009 - $4.99
Zumba Fitness - $29.99

PS3
3-in-1 Rermote - $29.99
Assassin's Creed 2 - $9.99
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood - $19.99
Bioshock 2 - $9.99
Castlevania Lord of Shadows - $29.99
Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce - $19.99
Enslaved - $9.99
Fallout 3: GOTY - $19.99
Grand Theft Auto IV: Complete - $29.99
Kane & Lynch 2 - $9.99
Lost Planet 2 - $14.99
Lucha Libre - $19.99
MAG/Bluetooth Headset Bundle - $29.99
Medal of Honor - $9.99
Media Extension Bar - $9.99
Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 - $29.99
Naughty Bear Gold - $19.99
Pro Elite Wireless Controller - $29.99
Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 - $24.99
Saint's Row 2 - $19.99
Stormrise - $4.99
Super Hero Squad: Infinity Gauntlet - $19.99
Super Street Fighter IV - $19.99
Test Drive Unlimited 2 - $19.99
Tony Hawk Ride - $9.99
Tron Evolution - $24.99
Vanquish - $9.99
Yakuza 4 - $29.99
Zumba Fitness - $29.99

Wii
Afterglow Controller - $14.99
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Reflex - $19.99
Darth Vader Lightsaber - $9.99
Epic Mickey - $19.99
Go Play Circus Star - $9.99
Go Play Lumberjack - $9.99
Gunblade NYC/LA - $9.99
Jillian Michaels Fitness 2011 - $19.99
Just Dance 2 - $19.99
Karaeoke Revolution Glee Bundle - $24.99
Let's Play - $9.99
Mad World - $9.99
Mario & Sonic Winter Games - $19.99
Nerf Remote - $19.99
Nights - $4.99
Nintendo Wii Console w/ Wii Sports Resorts - $99.99
NHL 11 Slapshot Bundle - $29.99
Pizza Delivery Boy - $9.99
Pro Pak Mini (Controller + Nunchuck) Purple/Black/Red - $29.99
Sambe de Amiga Maraca Bundle - $9.99
Sega Superstars tennis - $4.99
Sonic Colors - $19.99
Star Wars Light Up Lightsaber - $9.99
Super Monkey Ball Step Roll - $9.99
The Conduit 2 - $29.99
Thor: God of Thunder - $19.99
Tiger Woods PGA 12 Masters - $29.99
Tony Hawk Ride - $9.99
Transformers: War for Cybertron - $19.99
Tron Evolution - $24.99
Wacky World of Sports - $4.99
Wipeout - $19.99

DS
3DS Pro Evolution Soccer - $29.99
3DS Rainbow Telestylus - $9.99
3DS Ridge Racer - $29.99
3DS Super Monkey Ball - $19.99
3DS Transformers: Dark of the Moon - $29.99
Are You Smarter than a 5 Grader? BTS - $14.99
Barbie Groom and Glam Pups - $14.99
Drawn to Life - $14.99
Drawn to Life: Next Chapter - $14.99
Drawn to Life Collection - $14.99
DSi Lego Clone Armor Case - $9.99
DSi Mini Folio - $9.99
Jeopardy - $14.99
Lego Star Wars III: Clone Wars - $24.99
Mario & Sonic Winter Games - $19.99
Megamind - $14.99
Naruto Shippudden Sasuke - $14.99
Paws and Claws: Marine Rescue - $14.99
Paws and Claws: Regal Resort - $14.99
Pictionary - $14.99
Planet 51 - $9.99
Pro Evolution 2011 - $29.99
Scripps Spelling Bee - $14.99
Super Hero Squad - $14.99
Thor: God of Thunder - $19.99
Transformers: Dark of the Moon Autbots - $19.99
Transformers: Dark of the Moon Decepticons - $19.99
Wheel of Fortune - $14.99
World of Zoo - $14.99

PC
Bioshock 2 - $9.99
Darkspore Limited Edition - $29.99
Homefront - $29.99
Medal of Honor - $9.99
Sims Medieval - $29.99
Total War: Shogun 2 Limited Edition - $29.99

PSP
Prinny 2 - $19.99
Soul Calibur: Broken Destiny - $19.99

I hope someone confirms once and for all whether Vanquish will be $9.99 and Yakuza 4 will be $29.99. Those are the only two games I really care about in this deal. Epic Mickey is not bad.

[quote name='arnoldrimmer']Without Vanquish and Naughty Bear this sale just got a lot colder for me.[/QUOTE]

Naughty Bear was a horrible horrible game. The trailers made me so hopeful but the game was soooooooooo bad.

[quote name='musdy']Vanquish isn't in the flyer.[/QUOTE]

How'd it come up in the first place then?

[quote name='Fuzzy']Any news on what the first few door crashers will be?[/QUOTE]
From RFD.

July 8th - Socom Greatest Hits (PS3) $4.89
July 9th - Metroid Other M (Wii) $9.89
July 10th - Transformers Revenge of the Fallen (XBOX 360) $4.89
July 11th - Jake Hunter (DS) $4.89

[quote name='Fuzzy']From RFD.

July 8th - Socom Greatest Hits (PS3) $4.89
July 9th - Metroid Other M (Wii) $9.89
July 10th - Transformers Revenge of the Fallen (XBOX 360) $4.89
July 11th - Jake Hunter (DS) $4.89[/QUOTE]

You're welcome.

Looks like the deals are up on the site now. Vanquish still $24.99, maybe (fingers-crossed) it'll be a DotD sometime.

I guess now the only one I'll be trying to pick up is Fallout 3 GOTY. Yes thats right I haven't played Fallout 3 yet, and I'm really ashamed to say that.

Yeah can definitely confirm Vanquish is $9.99. My mom was at the EB Games on Highway 27 when they opened to pick one up for me

Got to the Gamestop at West Edmonton Mall at open and I was able to get the only copy of Vanquish for the 360 that they had and a copy of Medal of Honor LE.

I picked up the last copy at Dix30 in Brossard, QC for PS3. It was the demo copy at the counter, but they had a xbox copy on a rack up front with other sales. Sales guy kept trying to sell me Tony Hawk for $9.99 saying how it was such a great deal, lol!

I was able to get a copy of Vanquish (360, gutted) and Medal of Honor LE (PS3) with the Battlefield 3 Beta invitation inside. Sweet. If you're picking up MOH today, ask the CSR if they've got the the Limited Edition.

[quote name='jomy25']I picked up the last copy at Dix30 in Brossard, QC for PS3. It was the demo copy at the counter, but they had a xbox copy on a rack up front with other sales. Sales guy kept trying to sell me Tony Hawk for $9.99 saying how it was such a great deal, lol![/QUOTE]
I was just there myself. He was really trying hard to sell Tony Hawk, wasn't he? If I didn't read this thread before going there, I think I would have bought it. Anyways, got the following:

Medal of Honor (Got the last one for the 360)
Vanquish (one copy for the 360 left)
Kane and Lynch 2
Splinter Cell: Double Agent ($7)

Went to Metrotown Best Buy to get Yakuza 4, I did an in store pickup, everything was really smooth and easy.

The Eb games at metrotown still has halo reach legendary edition if anyone's looking, ran out of vanquished for the ps3 but still had 2 copies of the 360 available.

[quote name='Faytz']Went to Metrotown Best Buy to get Yakuza 4, I did an in store pickup, everything was really smooth and easy.

The Eb games at metrotown still has halo reach legendary edition if anyone's looking, ran out of vanquished for the ps3 but still had 2 copies of the 360 available.[/QUOTE]
Did you do a price match at BB ? could you explain how you proceeded, I'm looking to do the same at FutureShop

I went to Southgate Edmonton; picked up MOH and their last copy of Yakuza 4. They are really focusing on moving TH: Ride.

Hit up the Thunder Centre location in Thunder Bay at noon. Picked up Vanquish for myself and Medal of Honor (LE) and Enslaved: Odyssey to the West for my brother, all for PS3. They only had one MoH remaining after I bought mine. Sounded like the employees were picking at it earlier in the day. Looking forward to the future Deal of the Day's!

[quote name='imad']Did you do a price match at BB ? could you explain how you proceeded, I'm looking to do the same at FutureShop[/QUOTE]

I didn't PM for Yakuza since EB held onto a copy of Vanquish for me, but PMing isn't too bad at FS. Just make sure you check the price online at GS.com and they have it instock near that FS location. Just tell the clerk to PM Gamestop and they will check online for price and availability.

I've never really understood the hype around Yakuza 4 - played that one and it's prequels and it just seems like an underwhelming GTA. It's garnered a bit of a cult status though. I'm really surprised alot of people here are even interested in it. Well it's a good price so, have fun playing it.

[quote name='VetraX']I've never really understood the hype around Yakuza 4 - played that one and it's prequels and it just seems like an underwhelming GTA. It's garnered a bit of a cult status though. I'm really surprised alot of people here are even interested in it. Well it's a good price so, have fun playing it.[/QUOTE]

Having lived in Tokyo I find it nostalgic. It really does feel a bit like kabukicho. It isn't a spectacular game by any means but I want to help support Sega when they do a proper port. Very little was cut from this version. Hopefully the series will continue to improve though realistically speaking Japanese innovation in games is quite slow for established series

Guess I'm gonna go around and try to pricematch at a Futureshop tomorrow. Couldn't find a Gamestop near me with Vanquish.

[quote name='CH82']Snagged Vanquish (last copy for either system at my store) and Yakuza 4 :)[/QUOTE]
Way to go?

You know you might save someone a trip if you'd list a store location. Or what city you're in...

[quote name='collector42']Way to go?

You know you might save someone a trip if you'd list a store location. Or what city you're in...[/QUOTE]

No problem. Vanquish out of stock at the following location 435 Stone Road Unit #L2 Guelph, N1G 2X6 (519) 767-9882

Grabbed a Kinect wall mount and stand and a copy of Vanquish, mine was gutted too. Oh well $10.00 is okay for Vanquish gutted or not.

[quote name='CH82']No problem. Vanquish out of stock at the following location 435 Stone Road Unit #L2 Guelph, N1G 2X6 (519) 767-9882[/QUOTE]
DAMN there goes my other spot I was gonna check.

All 5 stores I called nearby were sold out of Vanquish by noon :(
I checked the Best Buy website and theres no vanquish, does that mean stores dont have it either? Really wanted it, guess I should start waking up earlier…

Also, could someone please confirm that they got either BB or FS to price match. I'm worried that cause its a limited time sale they wont do it

[quote name='imad']Did you do a price match at BB ? could you explain how you proceeded, I'm looking to do the same at FutureShop[/QUOTE]

Well I checked to make sure there was stock on gamestop.ca (there was 5 this morning). Then I went and did an in store pickup (to ensure they have a copy when I went), after the order was filled, I head out to metrotown and to best buy to get it, since I did an ISPU, I went to the counter and told the person behind the counter my name (since i forgot ot bring the piece of paper with the order number), and the game I have on hold. Then I told her I want to do a price match with ebgames.ca, she said sure, and went to the computer to check, after she was sure there was stock she printed it out and gave me the game with the discounted price. I also showed her my credit card and a piece of id because it was an ISPU.

I always found best buy being more lenient with price matches, but then again I think futureshop at metro is rather mean...

[quote name='darkstarripclaw']Tomorrow's Metroid Other M at $9.89 apparently. Can't go wrong with that price at least as long as they're selling New and not Used Disguised as New ;)[/QUOTE]

it's already on the website, order it there to get it 100% sealed.

[quote name='jeffx']it's already on the website, order it there to get it 100% sealed.[/QUOTE]

Sadly, this isn't true; I've received gutted "new" copies from online orders. It's usually a pretty safe bet though.

ALSO! Vanquish 360 is back in stock online, for those who missed it earlier (like me). I just ordered one up.

http://www.gamestop.ca/xbox-360/vanquish/305875

[quote name='Derfel']Sadly, this isn't true; I've received gutted "new" copies from online orders. It's usually a pretty safe bet though.

ALSO! Vanquish 360 is back in stock online, for those who missed it earlier (like me). I just ordered one up.

http://www.gamestop.ca/xbox-360/vanquish/305875[/QUOTE]

Ah, I read too fast and thought you meant the ps3 version... I have that page on auto refresh, if it gets restock then I'll order a copy.

On a side note, I think Yakuza 4 might've sold out online, I'm getting an error adding that game to the cart (been checking how fast the game is depleting, and suddenly it stopped working).

[quote name='CH82']No problem. Vanquish out of stock at the following location 435 Stone Road Unit #L2 Guelph, N1G 2X6 (519) 767-9882[/QUOTE]
Thanks. :)

I'll contribute again now that I'm home--as of 3pm Edmonton Southgate had a few copies of Vanquish for 360--all gutted. I passed as I refuse to reward that practice at any cost.

They were sold out of PS3.

I managed to grab the last unopened PS3 copy of Vanquish at Gamestop Place D'Orleans. They still had one open copy but it's probably gone now.

[quote name='thegamecubist']Glad everyone is going nuts over Vanquish. Such a good game![/QUOTE]

I've only played for about 30 minutes but I was surprised at how good it is since it's dropped in price so quickly with little fan fare.

[quote name='thegamecubist']Enslaved GET :D[/QUOTE]

If anyone who's picked up Enslaved is like, "Hmm, I've got a 3DTV; I'll buy the DLC so I can play the whole game in 3D mode!", I have two words of advice for you:

DON'T BOTHER.

That's to say nothing of the quality of the actual DLC content, which I hear is quite good, but if you're even partially motivated by the advertised 3D functionality it isn't worth it. The game itself was obtained for $9.96 at TSCC awhile back, so I didn't feel too bad about it.

Thanks for the tip. I live in Red Deer and I checked the south end EB Games for the PS3 version of Vanquish. They were all out of stock, so the guy called the store on the north end and had them hold the very last copy for me. Lucky!

bread's done
Back