EB/Gamestop Summer Sale 2011 [Starts July 8th]

Jouvert

CAGiversary!
I thought I should cross-post this. Full credit goes to Xeerochild on RFD.

It's time once again for EB Canada's Summer Sale. Starts July 8th.

From EB's upcoming Summer Sale Flyer:

Assassin's Creed 2 - $9.99
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood - $19.99
Bioshock 2 - $9.99
Brain and Body Connection - $29.99
Castlevania: Lord of Shadow - $29.99
Crackdown 2 - $9.99
Def Jam Rapstar Bundle - $29.99
Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce - $19.99
Enslaved - $9.99
Fallout 3: GOTY - $19.99
Grand Theft Auto IV: Complete - $29.99
Halo 3 Legendary Edition - $29.99
Halo Reach Legendary Edition - $49.99
Intect Game Talk Headset - $29.99
Kane & Lynch 2 - $9.99
Kinect Floor Stand - $9.99
Kinect Wall Mount - $4.99
Lost Planet 2 - $14.99
Lucha Libre - $19.99
Medal of Honor - $9.99
Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 - $29.99
Naughty Bear Gold - $19.99
Ninety Nine Nights - $19.99
Saint's Row 2 - $19.99
Sniper: Ghost Warrior - $19.99
Sonic Free Riders Kinect - $19.99
Stormrise - $4.99
Super Street Fighter IV - $19.99
Test Drive Unlimited 2 - $19.99
Tekken 6 - $9.99
Tony Hawk Ride - $9.99
Tron Evolution - $24.99
Universe at War - $4.99
Vanquish - $9.99
Virtua Tennis 2009 - $4.99
Zumba Fitness - $29.99

PS3
3-in-1 Rermote - $29.99
Assassin's Creed 2 - $9.99
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood - $19.99
Bioshock 2 - $9.99
Castlevania Lord of Shadows - $29.99
Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce - $19.99
Enslaved - $9.99
Fallout 3: GOTY - $19.99
Grand Theft Auto IV: Complete - $29.99
Kane & Lynch 2 - $9.99
Lost Planet 2 - $14.99
Lucha Libre - $19.99
MAG/Bluetooth Headset Bundle - $29.99
Medal of Honor - $9.99
Media Extension Bar - $9.99
Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 - $29.99
Naughty Bear Gold - $19.99
Pro Elite Wireless Controller - $29.99
Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 - $24.99
Saint's Row 2 - $19.99
Stormrise - $4.99
Super Hero Squad: Infinity Gauntlet - $19.99
Super Street Fighter IV - $19.99
Test Drive Unlimited 2 - $19.99
Tony Hawk Ride - $9.99
Tron Evolution - $24.99
Vanquish - $9.99
Yakuza 4 - $29.99
Zumba Fitness - $29.99

Wii
Afterglow Controller - $14.99
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Reflex - $19.99
Darth Vader Lightsaber - $9.99
Epic Mickey - $19.99
Go Play Circus Star - $9.99
Go Play Lumberjack - $9.99
Gunblade NYC/LA - $9.99
Jillian Michaels Fitness 2011 - $19.99
Just Dance 2 - $19.99
Karaeoke Revolution Glee Bundle - $24.99
Let's Play - $9.99
Mad World - $9.99
Mario & Sonic Winter Games - $19.99
Nerf Remote - $19.99
Nights - $4.99
Nintendo Wii Console w/ Wii Sports Resorts - $99.99
NHL 11 Slapshot Bundle - $29.99
Pizza Delivery Boy - $9.99
Pro Pak Mini (Controller + Nunchuck) Purple/Black/Red - $29.99
Sambe de Amiga Maraca Bundle - $9.99
Sega Superstars tennis - $4.99
Sonic Colors - $19.99
Star Wars Light Up Lightsaber - $9.99
Super Monkey Ball Step Roll - $9.99
The Conduit 2 - $29.99
Thor: God of Thunder - $19.99
Tiger Woods PGA 12 Masters - $29.99
Tony Hawk Ride - $9.99
Transformers: War for Cybertron - $19.99
Tron Evolution - $24.99
Wacky World of Sports - $4.99
Wipeout - $19.99

DS
3DS Pro Evolution Soccer - $29.99
3DS Rainbow Telestylus - $9.99
3DS Ridge Racer - $29.99
3DS Super Monkey Ball - $19.99
3DS Transformers: Dark of the Moon - $29.99
Are You Smarter than a 5 Grader? BTS - $14.99
Barbie Groom and Glam Pups - $14.99
Drawn to Life - $14.99
Drawn to Life: Next Chapter - $14.99
Drawn to Life Collection - $14.99
DSi Lego Clone Armor Case - $9.99
DSi Mini Folio - $9.99
Jeopardy - $14.99
Lego Star Wars III: Clone Wars - $24.99
Mario & Sonic Winter Games - $19.99
Megamind - $14.99
Naruto Shippudden Sasuke - $14.99
Paws and Claws: Marine Rescue - $14.99
Paws and Claws: Regal Resort - $14.99
Pictionary - $14.99
Planet 51 - $9.99
Pro Evolution 2011 - $29.99
Scripps Spelling Bee - $14.99
Super Hero Squad - $14.99
Thor: God of Thunder - $19.99
Transformers: Dark of the Moon Autbots - $19.99
Transformers: Dark of the Moon Decepticons - $19.99
Wheel of Fortune - $14.99
World of Zoo - $14.99

PC
Bioshock 2 - $9.99
Darkspore Limited Edition - $29.99
Homefront - $29.99
Medal of Honor - $9.99
Sims Medieval - $29.99
Total War: Shogun 2 Limited Edition - $29.99

PSP
Prinny 2 - $19.99
Soul Calibur: Broken Destiny - $19.99

Went to ebgames across from toronto cedarbrae mall and got myself one of many Assassin's Creed 2 however it was gutted but whatever for $10 the disc was in mint condition so it was fine. I could not find a copy of Vanquish. There was one last copy of Enslaved and Medal of Honor i saw before i left at 6

[quote name='philkessel81']All 5 stores I called nearby were sold out of Vanquish by noon :(
I checked the Best Buy website and theres no vanquish, does that mean stores dont have it either? Really wanted it, guess I should start waking up earlier…[/QUOTE]

Yeah but the 3 Inches of Blood album that comes up when you search for it is REEEEEEEEEEEEEALLY good. :lol:

I got the last copy of Medal Of Honor for the PS3. The clerks, two girls with trendy glasses, apparently visit this site and RFD because they said the "G" word. Gutted or not, I won't complain about it at $10.

I also pre-ordered Catherine. Why not?

[quote name='lustyhitter']
I also pre-ordered Catherine. Why not?[/QUOTE]

Could be an awful game...gameplay-wise. Would've waited for the demo which hits the PSN on the 12th. Although even I'll admit that the collector's edition is one of the coolest I've ever seen.

[quote name='VetraX']Could be an awful game...gameplay-wise. Would've waited for the demo which hits the PSN on the 12th. Although even I'll admit that the collector's edition is one of the coolest I've ever seen.[/QUOTE]

I only put $5 down. I might change my mind after playing the demo but I think this will be a hidden gem for 2011. It's different, at least, in a sea of same-old same-old.

Hidden gem, you say?

It's easily been one of the most talked about games this year in the gaming community, especially among otaku-alike (anime/atlus/persona fans). Since it's already been released in Japan people have already gotten their hands on the import, and it's gotten a rep for being a very very difficult game, which has garnered it even more attention from the hardcore crowd (including myself).

But yeah $5 is a safe move, and I agree, at it's current best it is unique.

[quote name='VetraX']Although even I'll admit that the collector's edition is one of the coolest I've ever seen.[/QUOTE] I'm not so sure about paying $20 for a slutty pillowcase, a T-shirt, boxers and a pizza box?

Novelty items, among the Artbook and OST from a pre-order. I personally think it's neat, and beats the hell out of the norm, which is usually a dinky little inarticulate figurine with a steelbook case and DLC!

Dunno, maybe it's just me, but $20 extra seems cheaper than most other DE/SE/CE/LE's out there.

[quote name='Mr.']I'm not so sure about paying $20 for a slutty pillowcase, a T-shirt, boxers and a pizza box?[/QUOTE]

I have to agree with you here, the only that I would want from the pack is the t-shirt....... I really don't get the pizza box..

Well Catherine, I feel like i'm setting myself up for a huge disappointment. I'll probably like the half the game and hate the other half (like the story line and daytime events, and hate the puzzle block building of the night).

Persona 3/4 was good because I enjoyed the daytme interactions and storyline, and the nighttime dungeon crawling rpg elements are cool.... Catherine from what I heard is just... pushing blocks and making a latter to escape to the top. Doesn't really sound appleaing to me.

[quote name='Faytz']I have to agree with you here, the only that I would want from the pack is the t-shirt....... I really don't get the pizza box..

Well Catherine, I feel like i'm setting myself up for a huge disappointment. I'll probably like the half the game and hate the other half (like the story line and daytime events, and hate the puzzle block building of the night).

Persona 3/4 was good because I enjoyed the daytme interactions and storyline, and the nighttime dungeon crawling rpg elements are cool.... Catherine from what I heard is just... pushing blocks and making a latter to escape to the top. Doesn't really sound appleaing to me.[/QUOTE]

Play the demo if you're unsure. I didn't think I'd care for the puzzles either but they're actually really challenge/harrowing.

[quote name='VetraX']Hidden gem, you say?

It's easily been one of the most talked about games this year in the gaming community, especially among otaku-alike (anime/atlus/persona fans). Since it's already been released in Japan people have already gotten their hands on the import, and it's gotten a rep for being a very very difficult game, which has garnered it even more attention from the hardcore crowd (including myself).

But yeah $5 is a safe move, and I agree, at it's current best it is unique.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like the typical people who post on NeoGAF.

As for the SE, it's very Japanese. Only the Japanese would give people a pair of boxer shorts as a bonus. I'll give them that.

[quote name='lustyhitter']Only the Japanese would give people a pair of boxer shorts as a bonus. I'll give them that.[/QUOTE]
I got a pair of Etna's panties when Prinny 2 came out. The package for them has a pair of Hershey's kisses sealed in it too....?

[quote name='Mr.']I'm not so sure about paying $20 for a slutty pillowcase, a T-shirt, boxers and a pizza box?[/QUOTE]

I also think the price is steep, but that will depend on the packaging. It could make for a very unique CE that will be worth it down the road.

[quote name='lustyhitter']I got the last copy of Medal Of Honor for the PS3. The clerks, two girls with trendy glasses, apparently visit this site and RFD because they said the "G" word. Gutted or not, I won't complain about it at $10.

I will buy a gutted game, but I will always ask if they have a sealed copy before taking a gutted one. I've seen clerks sell the gutted ones before sealed ones, which will force them to gut even more copies (this happened to me yesterday, clerk was about ready to hand me a gutted Medal of Honor when they had 3 sealed copies behind the counter)

[quote name='Mxylptlk']Any word on the door crashers?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I'd like to know as well. Today is Jake Hunter: Detective Chronicles for $4.89. Skip this one since it's a budget release that's missing half of the content from the Japanese version. Aksys re-released the game with the rest of the content as Jake Hunter: Detective Chronicles - Memories of the Past.

[quote name='lustyhitter']I got the last copy of Medal Of Honor for the PS3. The clerks, two girls with trendy glasses, apparently visit this site and RFD because they said the "G" word. Gutted or not, I won't complain about it at $10.

erm...what's the "G" word ?

Last year, I think they only had one worthy Doorcrasher in my case, when they had Wario Land: Shake It! for $9.89. Honestly, their "Doorcrashers" are worthless since their competitors seemingly have good sales 3 out of every 5 weeks.

[quote name='Bigwig_rah']Play the demo if you're unsure. I didn't think I'd care for the puzzles either but they're actually really challenge/harrowing.[/QUOTE]

I already have it preordered fully paid, so I'm getting it for sure.. Only because I"m a huge atlus fan ._.;

No copies of Vanquish left for either system in Bayer's Lake Halifax. Two copies of Epic Mickey left. They had Yakuza 4 too but I bought it and they didn't say how many were left.

The next few door crashers from RFD.

July 12th: MJ: The Experience (PSP...yep...PSP) - $4.89
July 13th: Samurai Warriors 3 (Wii) - $9.89
July 14th: Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole (DS) - $4.89
July 15th: Guitar Hero World Tour (PS3) - $4.89

Worst door crashers ever??????

EDIT: Have people tried anything else in order to get Vanquish? Anyone have any successful PM's???

[quote name='Jogurt the Yogurt']No copies of Vanquish left for either system in Bayer's Lake Halifax. Two copies of Epic Mickey left. They had Yakuza 4 too but I bought it and they didn't say how many were left.[/QUOTE]

There was some Vanquish at the EB on Young Street, not sure how many are left since this afternoon though (I had a friend pick it up)

[quote name='dancrane212']There was some Vanquish at the EB on Young Street, not sure how many are left since this afternoon though (I had a friend pick it up)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip! I don't get down there very often but I may call and try my luck tomorrow.

So I was bitter before because my half assed attempt to get vanquish were thwarted at kingsway garden mall, but then I lucked out and got the last copy in Clareview! No case, but whatevs. $10.

[quote name='Norieaga']Worst door crashers ever??????[/QUOTE]

We still haven't seen Facebreaker or PS2 games from EA Sports yet.

[quote name='Wikkidkarma']So I was bitter before because my half assed attempt to get vanquish were thwarted at kingsway garden mall, but then I lucked out and got the last copy in Clareview! No case, but whatevs. $10.[/QUOTE]

Wait, they sold it to you new, without a case!? What in the world...

[quote name='Fuzzy']The next few door crashers from RFD.

July 12th: MJ: The Experience (PSP...yep...PSP) - $4.89
July 13th: Samurai Warriors 3 (Wii) - $9.89
July 14th: Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole (DS) - $4.89
July 15th: Guitar Hero World Tour (PS3) - $4.89[/QUOTE]

You're welcome again. Doesn't anyone on CAG have contacts...sad really.

[quote name='modano9']You're welcome again. Doesn't anyone on CAG have contacts...sad really.[/QUOTE]Feel free to post it here also or don't bother being snarky when someone else does.

[quote name='modano9']You're welcome again. Doesn't anyone on CAG have contacts...sad really.[/QUOTE]

Contacts and information pertaining to when and what goes on sale at various electronic retailers?

No. I guess we don't. I imagine we're all too busy attending school to get a real job in a few years time whilst making enough time to play the video games we love while that's still an option at our age. We can't all be like you, man, soo cool, on the inside, loitering at Gamestop everyday and what-not, with a livelihood based on buying games as cheap as possible and then trading them in for cash to do the same thing over and over again, or perhaps to rip off the real gamers of the world by re-selling all those extra copies of the games you horded on Kijiji, and then to boast about it on the internet to others alike.

It's sad really...that we don't have 'em contacts like you, man
smilie_crazyeyes.gif

the so called "contacts" are not speaking because they should not be speaking. early release of deals of day or sale flyers is strictly forbidden and can be used for dismissal of their job. These sites are monitored by the companies loss prevention teams.

The flyer was available on thursday at the stores which was enough time for anyone to be ready for friday.

anyway. lots of great deals this time around. to bad the stock levels on some of the best stuff was so low. hopefully a restock of vanquish,medal of honor and enslaved and the rest hits this week

Easyyy there gents, modano9 has always been a positive contributor to CAG and RFD alike, he's just looking for a little recognition, which is completely justified.

Thanks to modano9 for getting the insider information, and thanks to Fuzzy for parlaying it to the CAG crowd (I personally check CAG more often than RFD).

It's a shame today's door crasher is so crummy! I finally have a day off during the week and GS rewards me with a Michael Jackson PSP game. Huzzahh!! I might swing by a couple EB's and see if I can snag Vanquish, Crackdown, Enslaved and Medal of Honor.

[quote name='matsam']Wait, they sold it to you new, without a case!? What in the world...[/QUOTE]

I can't tell if you're being genuine or sarcastic. I don't buy from EB enough to tell if this is common practice or not. :D

[quote name='game_fanatic']Easyyy there gents, modano9 has always been a positive contributor to CAG and RFD alike, he's just looking for a little recognition, which is completely justified.[/QUOTE]

Asking for recognition is one thing, but putting everyone down to make himself look like a hero is douchey and not justifiable.

Thanks for the list, modano. Please be nicer about how you present it next time though.

I was busy, so I asked someone to pick up Yakuza 4, Enslaved - Odyssey west, and Vanquish yesterday for me. They games came sealed in a soft saran-wrap type plastic with a sticker that said "new" on it. 100% sure they had been preopened. I haven't checked if the DLC that came with Yakuza works yet...

There was even fingerprints on the case after I took the plastic off.... wtf is this????? How can they legally sell something as new if it's been opened? I bet they do this with used games that are in perfect condition so they can scam even more money out of their customers.

I think a lot of them are the display cases, since they don't put games in their cases on the shelves, they keep them behind the counter. So they open a new game and put it on the floor, so people pick it up, bring it to the counter and then get a new copy of the game if available, if not, one of the display ones is used.

The display thing seems plausible, but how are we supposed to know they aren't giving us used games at full price? Afterall it is a used game retailer, and they make much larger profit from selling used games than new, it would make financial sense for them to do something sneaky like that. The only way we can be sure it's actually new is with the original wrapper.

No, as much as I hate EB, they don't pull shit like that. Also the games on great prices during these sorts of sales are usually being sold for MORE used. The special is on the new price, if they get a chance they'll try to rip off stupids that walk in the door as usual.

Do check your DLC from display boxes though. Most stores should be smart enough to keep that behind the counter with the disc, but not all of them...

[quote name='Wikkidkarma']I can't tell if you're being genuine or sarcastic. I don't buy from EB enough to tell if this is common practice or not. :D[/QUOTE]

I've had them sell me a gutted game as new a bunch of times, that's common practice with EBgames/Gamestop. But there's a huge difference between a game that's only been opened and another that's missing something important like its game case.

I was just shocked they would sell you a disc-only game as new, it's not right.

[quote name='ragnar14']No, as much as I hate EB, they don't pull shit like that. Also the games on great prices during these sorts of sales are usually being sold for MORE used. The special is on the new price, if they get a chance they'll try to rip off stupids that walk in the door as usual.

Do check your DLC from display boxes though. Most stores should be smart enough to keep that behind the counter with the disc, but not all of them...[/QUOTE]

How can you say they don't do it? Do you have oversight on every single EB and Gamestop? I'm not saying they definitely do it, but I'm saying it's possible and would make financial sense. When it comes to the world of business, ethics usually takes a backseat to greed and profit.

Either way, I don't like buying "new" games that have been pre-opened and re-sealed. Maybe I'm weird, but I'd rather have the original plastic seal.. :cool:

[quote name='CACG']I was busy, so I asked someone to pick up Yakuza 4, Enslaved - Odyssey west, and Vanquish yesterday for me. They games came sealed in a soft saran-wrap type plastic with a sticker that said "new" on it. 100% sure they had been preopened. I haven't checked if the DLC that came with Yakuza works yet...

There was even fingerprints on the case after I took the plastic off.... wtf is this????? How can they legally sell something as new if it's been opened? I bet they do this with used games that are in perfect condition so they can scam even more money out of their customers.[/QUOTE]

Some EB/Gamestop stores have their own shrink wrap machines. They just reseal their display copies when they don't need so many copies on the floor. I usually check my games before I buy them to see if they've been factory sealed (straight folds in the corners) or if they're been resealed with that cheap saran wrap, like you got above. It's just something I've learned to accept if I'm buying stuff from EB.

bread's done
Back